Male HQ

Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) – LFG

TndrHrt89

• 3 weeks later...

Ah I used to have a group conducted by a friend but matching timing was difficult and my friend had to leave sg for his work. Would love to have a group though 

Cooking is my passion. Music is my life. Reading is my sanity. 

Bitching about you keeps me happy. 

"People fear because of a lack of understanding, and a lack of understanding comes from a lack of proper communication on both parties, so to resolve fear we need to first resolve communication"

On 12/25/2019 at 9:30 AM, fab said:

Is dnd similar to the werewolf?

They are both role playing idea, but there is major differences, like it's not a day time night time game, more of a questline(s) to follow. DnD is like the root of all mmorpgs 

"People fear because of a lack of understanding, and a lack of understanding comes from a lack of proper communication on both parties, so to resolve fear we need to first resolve communication"

On 12/25/2019 at 9:30 AM, fab said:

Is dnd similar to the werewolf?

You can try this video to help you understand!

4 hours ago, Silverus said:

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-20 at 12.46.15 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-26 at 7.36.11 PM.jpeg

Haha I did try my hand at DMing before. I need a heck lot more practice hahahah

On 11/28/2019 at 11:11 AM, TndrHrt89 said:

Anyone still play Dungeons & Dragons in this day and age; I hear it’s becoming more mainstream recently.

I don't but I'm actually quite interested coz my friend's who are playing seem to be having a lot of fun
Any idea where I can find groups to join or start with?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Oh damn! I always wanted to play DnD! I used to be a part of a board game group and we played roleplay-lite stuff like Betrayal at House on the Hill or those Cthulhu coop games. A friend introduced me to Dimension20 and Critical Role. But I could never find a group to play with in Singapore 😕

6 hours ago, becauseyoureworthit said:

Yo let's goooo! We could start out small first haha like a couple of interested people then we play a one-shot or something, just to see if it works?

Hey! Definitely interested, been a while since I play DnD! 

Is anyone amongst us a DM? I am not unfortunately :(

1 hour ago, bichn87 said:

Hey! Definitely interested, been a while since I play DnD! 

Is anyone amongst us a DM? I am not unfortunately :(

I've tried DMing before but prefer being a PC :( worse come to worst we could rotate being DM in just one shot games? I think it's gonna be difficult for everyone to commit to a full on campaign haha so one shots may be easier for people to come and go according to our schedules.

9 minutes ago, Peachy said:

Oh man i’ve always wanted to play D&D!! Watching critical role makes it look like its so much fun 

Right?!?! The CR and D20 cast are rly super enjoyable to watch they are so witty and fun!! I died when Brennan did calamity tho it's such a well thought out story

10 minutes ago, becauseyoureworthit said:

I've tried DMing before but prefer being a PC :( worse come to worst we could rotate being DM in just one shot games? I think it's gonna be difficult for everyone to commit to a full on campaign haha so one shots may be easier for people to come and go according to our schedules.

Right?!?! The CR and D20 cast are rly super enjoyable to watch they are so witty and fun!! I died when Brennan did calamity tho it's such a well thought out story

Cant go wrong with brennan and co, i loved lou’s presence in that story. I’m currently catching up with the main story but i’ve been spoiled for the upcoming episodes 💀

Haha oh man, but it's understandable bc it can get really hard to catch up on a 4 hour episode in between work/school throughout the week. Good thing is that they take the last week of the month off so we have a bit more time!

Btw it looks like we have more than enough people who would be interested in playing hahaha should we make a tele group or something? I could start it, and we can discuss scheduling/roles from there.

I have been playing since 2009, back when 4th Edition was around. Mostly pen-and-paper tabletop with my High School friends. But they have all gone to different countries to work/study. When 5th Edition came out, I started playing on Roll20 with randoms from Europe since their time zone (somewhat) matches ours. The campaign that I am part of on Roll20 has been going on for almost 6 years now, with same bunch of people as well (I know, its hard to believe!). I have been searching for IRL DnD sessions, but unable to find any other than the Adventure League going on at the Boardgame stores, though I am more interested in homebrew/modules.

So I got FoundryVTT and started DMing a homebrew campaign since November 2021 (about a year now) with players found via Roll20 forums. I have to say, it is the most rewarding thing in my life right now haha. FoundryVTT is also by far the best Virtual Tabletop platform that I have used and my players love it.

I am still on the lookout for an IRL group to play with on the weekends (daytime - before 7pm). I dont mind being a player or a DM, but I believe in the Singaporean context, it is quite hard to keep to schedules anymore. Almost everyone I know here are always busy, either working on the weekends or spending it with their family/SOs. The friends from Europe I play with usually live by themselves as well - so they can schedule sessions more freely, which is much different when compared to the Singaporean outlook.

Fingers crossed to find a good group of people in SG someday soon! I have all these freaking dice I keep buying from Lazada everytime there is a sale -- they are just collecting dust at my place LOL

16 hours ago, becauseyoureworthit said:

Haha oh man, but it's understandable bc it can get really hard to catch up on a 4 hour episode in between work/school throughout the week. Good thing is that they take the last week of the month off so we have a bit more time!

Btw it looks like we have more than enough people who would be interested in playing hahaha should we make a tele group or something? I could start it, and we can discuss scheduling/roles from there.

Starting a group would be great! I have PMed you my tele nick :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2022 at 11:47 PM, Korporal said:

I have been playing since 2009, back when 4th Edition was around. Mostly pen-and-paper tabletop with my High School friends. But they have all gone to different countries to work/study. When 5th Edition came out, I started playing on Roll20 with randoms from Europe since their time zone (somewhat) matches ours. The campaign that I am part of on Roll20 has been going on for almost 6 years now, with same bunch of people as well (I know, its hard to believe!). I have been searching for IRL DnD sessions, but unable to find any other than the Adventure League going on at the Boardgame stores, though I am more interested in homebrew/modules.

So I got FoundryVTT and started DMing a homebrew campaign since November 2021 (about a year now) with players found via Roll20 forums. I have to say, it is the most rewarding thing in my life right now haha. FoundryVTT is also by far the best Virtual Tabletop platform that I have used and my players love it.

I am still on the lookout for an IRL group to play with on the weekends (daytime - before 7pm). I dont mind being a player or a DM, but I believe in the Singaporean context, it is quite hard to keep to schedules anymore. Almost everyone I know here are always busy, either working on the weekends or spending it with their family/SOs. The friends from Europe I play with usually live by themselves as well - so they can schedule sessions more freely, which is much different when compared to the Singaporean outlook.

Fingers crossed to find a good group of people in SG someday soon! I have all these freaking dice I keep buying from Lazada everytime there is a sale -- they are just collecting dust at my place LOL

Would you want to join the tele group??

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.