Male HQ

Can a gay be religious?

Guest Tang Abeng

On 1/16/2022 at 8:26 PM, Guest The Answerer said:

Religion doesn't exist in the early history of mankind.  Each tribe practiced their own culture, even as simple as celebrating a rainfall or killing a cow. Very simple, very pure.  As man progresses, they became territorial and controlling.. The intelligence came up with stories, after stories, to brainwash the weaker minds and it works successfully to form army.  Wars ensued to claim dominance (not of belief but territory), non-believer persecuted. Power consolidated as a result. The winner wrote history and called their belief a "religion".   In this modern world, politicians did the same thing, right in your backyward.   Back to the topic, Should gay be religious?  Yes, why not, as long as you can find equlibrium in life, by all means do it and claims that empty inner space in you.  

I don't think this is correct.

Religion is a part of human mankind from early days.

I don't think religion can be just linked to dominance and wars or as the belief of a war winner.

In the early days, humans did not fight because of religion or about religion but about ruling territories.

Mankind started to develop certain burial rites and other religious practices at very early stages.

Religion is a very old thing. It can be traced back to Homo sapiens and the Neanderthal people.

Religion existed in the early history of mankind.

On 1/17/2022 at 10:42 AM, singalion said:

What I noted is that the Jewish religion or better to say the people following this belief started as a small group (and motives and origin of anti gay moves in these religions might be similar in Islam). Homosexuality was a hindrance to creating a bigger community. I personally think the strict rules against homosexuality was driven by the survival fight of these religions that started in small numbers. What would have prevented procreation?

There are many things in religions which are not inherent to the religion but founded in other areas.

I have the same impression you have about the motivation of homophobia in the Jewish religion.  The detraction of homosexuality from the need to procreate.  A good example is the story of Onan in Genesis 38:9,  who "spilled his semen on the ground".  So masturbation was an act contrary to procreation and therefore a sin.  And today for some organized religions to have sex without the purpose of procreation is sinful.

Today we see that excessive procreation is the main cause of the damage we are making to our habitat planet earth, and it could lead to our extinction.  One more proof that some organized religions are wrong,  and a religion that is wrong, has to logically be false.   So with this same population increase argument the ancient Jews had,  TODAY the argument should be made for population decrease, and in this direction homosexuality is king.  But organized religions are reluctant to contradict their original dogmas, which reveals how questionable they are.  Also, religious people are used to take homosexuality as a big sin, and they NEED sin to justify their righteousness and the (false) need for their religion to exist.

On 1/17/2022 at 10:42 AM, singalion said:

What you also left out in your post was the mere fact that human mankind was always "spiritual". At early stage they started to believe something on gods etc...

Yes, I left this out because I think that this is a well known fact.  From the time we developed a rational brain we became spiritual.  The same as it is reasonable that from the time we developed legs we started to walk.

No one can prove that other species are not spiritual too.  We would have to be able to converse, to discuss with animals to know about this.  Many animals show that they have feelings like we do.  Why would we think that they don't have any spirituality, if it is not for some false pride over we being so superior to them?

Edited by Steve5380

Guest Period!

Who cares!!!!!.  Gay has freedom to do WHAT THEY WANTED.    Be it religion of their choice or choosing their own fuck buddy.  As long as they show "LOVE" which is the ULTIMATUM OF ALL RELIGIONS.    Topic answered, case closed.  Move on.

Guest Perfect God
On 1/18/2022 at 9:56 AM, thatsamore said:

God made and designed you like that, God does not make mistakes.

No! Of course not!!!   It was Satan dwelling inside Man to tell the world Gay is God's mistake.

There was actually a panel discussion on the topic.

Wonder nobody posted it into BW.

Just wonder why the Today newspaper had to give the title that more negative sounding notion...

The dialogue on Saturday titled “Can I be a queer Christian?” was attended by about 80 participants from diverse backgrounds

Church leaders discuss hurt, trauma faced by LGBTQ people in dialogue session

Church leaders discuss hurt, trauma faced by LGBTQ people in dialogue session

The Whitehatters

(From left) Mr Mohamed Imran Mohamed Taib, Ms Chia Moey Hiang, Pastor Miak Siew, Assistant Pastor Chang Tou Chen and Pastor Ian Toh at the dialogue on Jan 15, 2022.

• The panelists in the dialogue session included executive pastor Miak Siew of Free Community Church and two pastors who lead Christian group TrueLove.Is
  • The dialogue on Saturday titled “Can I be a queer Christian?” was attended by about 80 participants from diverse backgrounds
  • A panelist said the trauma of being rejected and shamed by the Christian community has led some LGBTQ youths to unhealthy coping mechanisms such as drug and sex addiction
  • They largely agreed that the way forward is to have open and constructive dialogues and to meet in the middle ground where possible, even though fundamental differences and disagreements exist. 
By Nabilah Awang Today, Published January 15, 2022 Updated January 18, 2022

SINGAPORE — Some members of the Christian community in a dialogue session on Saturday (Jan 15) noted that the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) community has faced a lot of hurt within their religious groups, which may have led to trauma and unhealthy coping mechanisms.

During the session organised by non-governmental organisation The Whitehatters and attended by 80 participants, the group also largely agreed that the way forward should involve more open and constructive discussions and meeting in the middle where possible, even though fundamental differences and disagreements exist. 

The Whitehatters, through dialogues, sports and other activities, aims to create safe spaces for conversations among Singaporeans so as to build a cohesion that transcends social, racial and religious barriers.

Executive pastor Miak Siew of Free Community Church, an LGBTQ-affirming church, said that the unhealthy coping mechanisms that might arise from the trauma of being rejected and shamed by one's religious community could include drug and sex addiction.

“The problem lies when we tell someone there is a part of them they need to deny. (It cause) a sense of shame, a sense of unworthiness… This leads to people leaving the church and being afraid of stepping into the church,” he said.

“They have been traumatised so much and hurt so deeply that they will not step into that space.”

The dialogue on Saturday, titled “Can I be a queer Christian?”, was moderated by interfaith advocate Mohamed Imran Mohamed Taib. Aside from Pastor Miak, the other panelists were Pastor Ian Toh and Assistant Pastor Chang Tou Chen, who lead Truelove.Is, a Christian group that provides resources on LGBTQ issues, and Ms Chia Moey Hiang, a mother of three, including a transgender daughter.

The 80 participants came from various religious communities.

Assistant Pastor Chang said that there is still work to be done in raising awareness with leaders in the community about LGBTQ issues, especially on the issue of homosexuality.

“Because the space is very nuanced. There's a difference between experiencing (same-sex) attraction and the acts around the attraction," he said.

"And if churches don't even start from that premise, they might end up responding in a way that we hear in the stories,” he added, referring to stories of LGBTQ youth who had had bad experiences within their church communities.

Noting that there were conflicting views on the panel, Pastor Toh said the key is to respect differences.

“There are two responses most of the time. (On one end), they believe everything about homosexuality is wrong and then on the other end, they believe everything about homosexuality is fine and we should celebrate it.

“I think the path that we’re taking is much more nuanced and I will say much more difficult… but we’re in this for the long haul.”

Pastor Miak noted that there is a high rate of suicide and self-harm among the LGBTQ community.

“The cause is not (being) LGBTQ in and of itself but the experience of being LGBTQ, that space of being discriminated, that space of being told you are not good enough, that we will reject you,” he said.

Ms Chia agreed, saying that the church her daughter had previously attended brought her a lot of hurt, and it took about six years for her daughter to be more receptive to the religion.

“Even the messages (that were shared) in the open (in that church) were homophobic and made her really upset,” she said.

“At that time I didn’t know she was transgender so I had no awareness,” admitted Ms Chia. “I was wondering why her reaction was so strong. I didn’t understand.”

During the dialogue itself, the panelists also worked through some differences of opinion and beliefs that they had about transgender issues.

Pastor Toh from Truelove.Is said his stance is that gender reassignment surgery involves the removal of healthy body parts, which to him is “very grieving”, but added that this is an issue he is still learning about.

As a counterpoint, Ms Chia said: “It’s not about the cutting off of healthy body parts, but more a restoration of the body to one that the transgender person is comfortable with, and feels is matching (to their identity).”

Pastor Toh acknowledged that there are many opposing, and at times extreme, views on LGBTQ issues, especially on whether LGBTQ persons should be condemned or celebrated.

But a majority of Christians here have views that lie somewhere in the middle, he noted, and hence there is a need to navigate this space carefully.

This is why open and honest dialogues should continue, he added.

Speaking to TODAY after the dialogue session, one of the audience members, Mr Mohamed Farouq, 30, said he agreed with Pastor Toh's comment, and believes such dialogues should take place within other religious communities as well. 

“There are quite a number of LGBTQ persons who are faithful people, who still approach religious leaders for guidance," he said.

“So having such human conversations is so important. We need to have the intellectual humility to realise that we don’t know everything and that there is no single narrative.”

EDITOR'S NOTE: This article has been amended to better reflect the range of views at the dialogue session. 

Guest The Answer
On 1/18/2022 at 9:48 AM, Guest Period! said:

Who cares!!!!!.  Gay has freedom to do WHAT THEY WANTED.    Be it religion of their choice or choosing their own fuck buddy.  As long as they show "LOVE" which is the ULTIMATUM OF ALL RELIGIONS.    Topic answered, case closed.  Move on.

There you have it. The answer is NO ! At least for 95% of the gays who wrongly mistaken love for lust as what Guest Period! did.

Topic answered, case closed.  Move on.

On 1/17/2022 at 7:48 PM, Guest Period! said:

(spiritual) Love is the ultimate of all religions? 

There were ancient religions that were very, very cruel.  And some cruelty remains in some modern religions too.

On 1/17/2022 at 9:27 PM, Guest Perfect God said:

No! Of course not!!!   It was Satan dwelling inside Man to tell the world Gay is God's mistake.

You wrote exactly what you should as "Guest Perfect God".  The devil Satan is necessary in a religion to shield the god from liabilities in the world he created.  This is exactly the reason Satan exists.

Guest Child of God
On 1/26/2022 at 12:47 AM, Steve5380 said:

The devil Satan is necessary in a religion to shield the god from liabilities in the world he created.  This is exactly the reason Satan exists.

Satan is already destroyed by the blood of Jesus.  Was it not?

On 1/25/2022 at 11:07 AM, Guest Child of God said:

Satan is already destroyed by the blood of Jesus.  Was it not?

Yes, there are famous paintings of Jesus defeating Satan. This does not necessarily mean that he is destroyed because,

because who should be blamed for the bad, evil things that happen today?

• 2 months later...
Guest Cantarleon
On 1/26/2022 at 1:42 AM, Steve5380 said:

Yes, there are famous paintings of Jesus defeating Satan. This does not necessarily mean that he is destroyed because,

because who should be blamed for the bad, evil things that happen today?

Maybe it is not just Satan. Maybe men are jjust naturally evil.

On 4/16/2022 at 9:46 AM, Guest Cantarleon said:

Maybe it is not just Satan. Maybe men are jjust naturally evil.

Good and Evil are not substances that have a real existence.   They only exist in the minds of living creatures.

They are also very subjective.  Eating lobster is Good for humans but Evil for the lobsters.

There is no need for a Supreme Authority in the universe that dictates Good and Evil,  and in fact none has been discovered.  Satan is a subject in an allegory,  a religious fantasy.  And as commented before,  Satan is the falling guy for all what is Evil in this Creation, that any creator God doesn't want to take responsibility for.

Guest Created
On 4/17/2022 at 12:22 AM, Steve5380 said:

Satan is the falling guy for all what is Evil in this Creation, that any creator God doesn't want to take responsibility for.

Are you implying GAY too?

On 4/17/2022 at 12:22 AM, Steve5380 said:

They are also very subjective.  Eating lobster is Good for humans but Evil for the lobsters.

Lobsters are sea insect, and produce more than thousand babies during their lifetime.  To prevent them from over-populating the ocean, you have to eat them and I believed they will be happy to sacrifice themselves for more space to allow their babies to grow.    I can't say the same about you eating beef.  So cruel. 

On 4/16/2022 at 9:24 PM, Why? said:

Lobsters are sea insect, and produce more than thousand babies during their lifetime.  To prevent them from over-populating the ocean, you have to eat them and I believed they will be happy to sacrifice themselves for more space to allow their babies to grow.    I can't say the same about you eating beef.  So cruel. 

Would you say that to avoid human overpopulation there should be a creature that eats humans?

I have stopped eating beef.  I get most of my complete protein from a mixture of lentils and chia seeds.  I still eat fish,  and meat occasionally.

Guest No Alarm needed
On 4/17/2022 at 12:18 PM, Steve5380 said:

Would you say that to avoid human overpopulation there should be a creature that eats humans?

The increasing existence of Gay  have kept our planet very much balanced from over-populated and naturally avoided the need for human to each other.

On 12/20/2019 at 5:13 AM, Guest Tang Abeng said:

Can? I was asked but I can't give a nice answer.

One time my female boss told me I can't cause I'm living in sin. Is there any good answer to that question?

of course and why not?  I am religious too but it's just that I keep falling in sin and repenting.  Our God is a loving one and his mercy is boundless.

Suck my tits and I'll lick your balls.

Lick my arse and I'll suck your cock.

All in sex is fair.

The only bad thing about sex is that it doesn't last long enough.

Read my blog - www.anasianjourney.blogspot.com

On 4/16/2022 at 11:30 PM, Guest No Alarm needed said:

The increasing existence of Gay  have kept our planet very much balanced from over-populated and naturally avoided the need for human to each other.

Yes!  Society should recognize the benefit of increased gay population, with gay marriages who don't procreate but instead adopt orphan children.

On 4/17/2022 at 6:30 AM, kimlo777 said:

of course and why not?  I am religious too but it's just that I keep falling in sin and repenting.  Our God is a loving one and his mercy is boundless.

LOL!   We should appreciate to be born in a religion that includes god's forgiveness.  As a Catholic,  I can repent and confess ALL my sins over and over.  But oh me! because of my 'pride' I haven't confessed since I was a small child, so my sins keep accumulating without end.  Is there an expiration date for sins?  Those 60 year old sins on the bottom must be crushed by the weight of the newer sins piled above, no?

On 4/17/2022 at 10:28 PM, Steve5380 said:

Yes!  Society should recognize the benefit of increased gay population, with gay marriages who don't procreate but instead adopt orphan children.

LOL!   We should appreciate to be born in a religion that includes god's forgiveness.  As a Catholic,  I can repent and confess ALL my sins over and over.  But oh me! because of my 'pride' I haven't confessed since I was a small child, so my sins keep accumulating without end.  Is there an expiration date for sins?  Those 60 year old sins on the bottom must be crushed by the weight of the newer sins piled above, no?

i know what you mean... i find it difficult to confess my carnal sins too so I do it only once a year which is obligatory.  hopefully my past sins do not catch with me... constantly living in conflict of my religious beliefs.

All in sex is fair.

On 4/17/2022 at 1:30 PM, kimlo777 said:

i know what you mean... i find it difficult to confess my carnal sins too so I do it only once a year which is obligatory.  hopefully my past sins do not catch with me... constantly living in conflict of my religious beliefs.

I can imagine the conflict!  But think for a moment:  would a divinity that is smart not suspect that by confessing every year the same carnal sins you are not serious about the sacrament?   Won't it hurt you more than not to confess?

Guest Blood of Calvary
On 4/17/2022 at 10:28 PM, Steve5380 said:

I haven't confessed since I was a small child, so my sins keep accumulating without end.  Is there an expiration date for sins?  Those 60 year old sins on the bottom must be crushed by the weight of the newer sins piled above, no?

You poor little Catholic boy.  How cruel that your Pope has withheld the truth that your SIN is already cleared 2000 years ago.  Why are you still crushed when Jesus (amen!!! amen!!! amen!!!!) has already been crushed for you at the Cross?

On 4/18/2022 at 3:17 AM, Steve5380 said:

I can imagine the conflict!  But think for a moment:  would a divinity that is smart not suspect that by confessing every year the same carnal sins you are not serious about the sacrament?   Won't it hurt you more than not to confess?

you may be right there ... being religious makes it more difficult to reconcile our conscience with our actions.

All in sex is fair.

On 4/18/2022 at 10:34 AM, Guest Blood of Calvary said:

You poor little Catholic boy.  How cruel that your Pope has withheld the truth that your SIN is already cleared 2000 years ago.  Why are you still crushed when Jesus (amen!!! amen!!! amen!!!!) has already been crushed for you at the Cross?

yes it is true that Jesus has paid the ransom but by our sins we crucify him again and again. it is too simplistic to say that just because he died for us, we are automatically saved from purgatory.  Purgatory is a Catholic belief, alien to most Protestants.

All in sex is fair.

Guest WRONG!!!!!!
On 4/18/2022 at 10:35 AM, kimlo777 said:

you may be right there ... being religious makes it more difficult to reconcile our conscience with our actions.

Wrong!!!!!!!!!  SIN or SATAN amplified our conscience and thus the need for religion.  Remember the novel "Journey to the West"?  The monk went through numerous trial and tritbulation as part of cultivating an awakening.  By the time he fulfilled all the "sufferingss", he became an enlightened beings. 

On 4/18/2022 at 10:42 AM, Guest WRONG!!!!!! said:

Wrong!!!!!!!!!  SIN or SATAN amplified our conscience and thus the need for religion.  Remember the novel "Journey to the West"?  The monk went through numerous trial and tritbulation as part of cultivating an awakening.  By the time he fulfilled all the "sufferingss", he became an enlightened beings. 

Interesting view.

All in sex is fair.

Guest Blood of Calvary
On 4/18/2022 at 10:37 AM, kimlo777 said:

yes it is true that Jesus has paid the ransom but by our sins we crucify him again and again. it is too simplistic to say that just because he died for us,

No need to keep sacrificing and crucifixing to purge your sins because you can NEVER BE PERFECT.  You are born with sin and die with sin for sure.  Unless you believe in the truth that the truth shall set you free from guilt.

As for me"IT IS FINISHED!!!"  at the bloody cross.   My debt and sin has been fully paid for all my past, current and future SINs.  Now, I am fully accepted in the Kingdom of GOD, because of my imperfection and his perfection.

On 4/17/2022 at 9:34 PM, Guest Blood of Calvary said:

You poor little guy dripping Blood of Calvary.  How cruel that you have not received yet the revelation that the SIN cleared by Jesus was the ORIGINAL SIN.    His passion was an event that removed from the human race the gene that passes on the ORIGINAL SIN,  introduced a few thousands of years ago by Adam and Eve eating the apple.

Our own personal sins throughout our life are not cleared by Jesus but by the Sacrament of Penance,  a more automated procedure that runs on the heaven's registry every time the priest gives the absolution, the believer repents, and he executes the penance.

Edited by Steve5380

On 4/17/2022 at 9:35 PM, kimlo777 said:

Are you forgetting that independent of religion, we have a conscience that pushes us to reconcile our actions with it?  We don't need to be religious believers to have a compulsion to respect and comply with our moral values.

On 4/17/2022 at 10:09 PM, Guest Blood of Calvary said:

No need to keep sacrificing and crucifixing to purge your sins because you can NEVER BE PERFECT.  You are born with sin and die with sin for sure.  Unless you believe in the truth that the truth shall set you free from guilt.

As for me"IT IS FINISHED!!!"  at the bloody cross.   My debt and sin has been fully paid for all my past, current and future SINs.  Now, I am fully accepted in the Kingdom of GOD, because of my imperfection and his perfection.

Have you bloody forgot the principle of causality, and the randomness that affects the events in the universe?  The crucifixion happened 2000 years ago, a long time before you ever appeared in history.  And your conception had to be a random event.  Therefore YOUR sins could not have been erased before you committed them.  Don't eat up such a naive cope out.  You may STILL have to prove that you are worth entering the Kingdom of God. So, be good!

Guest Blood of Calvary
On 4/18/2022 at 11:37 AM, Steve5380 said:

You may STILL have to prove that you are worth entering the Kingdom of God. So, be good!

Jesus responded, “Why are you afraid? You have so little faith!”  (Mathew 8:26)

My "faith" is my greatest prove.    What have you got to prove?

On 4/18/2022 at 11:25 AM, Steve5380 said:

SIN cleared by Jesus was the ORIGINAL SIN. 

Our own personal sins throughout our life are not cleared by Jesus but by the Sacrament of Penance,  a more automated procedure that runs on the heaven's registry every time the priest gives the absolution, the believer repents, and he executes the penitence. 

Not written in the scripture. Cannot be believed.  Are you reading from the Bible or some song lyrics written by a very deprived person?

On 4/18/2022 at 11:28 AM, Steve5380 said:

Are you forgetting that independent of religion, we have a conscience that pushes us to reconcile our actions with it?  We don't need to be religious believers to have a compulsion to respect and comply with our moral values.

while it is true that everyone has a conscience irrespective of faith, often our conscience can be clouded by the events and distractions that the world offers.  religions helps to sharpen our conscience and help us to be more focused on attaining the kingdom - and the only way is through Christ and keeping his commandments.

All in sex is fair.

You make ypur own reality, when it comes to personal religion.

No one , not even God knows what you plan in your brain. 

You can be openly pious but secretly in your deepest psyche , ypu want to drain the padre's cock of every drop of cum, no one knows, you can be a fake religious Joe, a hypocrite, a money grabbing a scrooge but at temple you are all contrite and penitent, but turn on your sociopath charms right under God's nose, or outside . 

No one will know except you. 

Its the one thing you have absoute control over. Not even hell fire can scare you. 

Your personal thought and personal behaviours , you are in control. 

Guilt is something other religious Joe and your parents and teacher's impose their personal morality on you. 

If you don't believe , there is absolutrly nothing they can do , to make you a true believer.

Guest Dramatic Ritual
On 4/18/2022 at 11:25 AM, Steve5380 said:

Our own personal sins throughout our life are not cleared by Jesus but by the Sacrament of Penancea more automated procedure that runs on the heaven's registry every time the priest gives the absolution, the believer repents, and he executes the penance.

I read, re-read, scratches my head, then started to pull my hair, rub my eyes, blink, stares at the screen, read up dictionary, search for the scriptural proof, and still non the wiser. 

But wait,  I think there is some wisdom in it.....then again I can't find any.  I wanted to give it some benefit of doubts, start blaming myself for not trying hard.   I spend half hours reading from Genesis up to the book of revoluation and finally found the answer, that explains it wasn't there either.  But, I am not giving up, I decided no stone should be left unturned.  I started to speak in tongue, seeking the help of holy spirit.  Then, the lord finally spoke to me, hush hush  private tone:

He said:

"Son,  Grace is all you need from me.  Faith is all I need from you".

He showed me the blood covenant as proof.  It is a good deal and I accepted.  All done in spiritual realm, very potent, very powerful.

Easy-Peasy, unlike yours.

On 4/18/2022 at 4:21 AM, kimlo777 said:

while it is true that everyone has a conscience irrespective of faith, often our conscience can be clouded by the events and distractions that the world offers.  religions helps to sharpen our conscience and help us to be more focused on attaining the kingdom - and the only way is through Christ and keeping his commandments.

I also find that there is good value in Christianity.  In the part that may come from the divine and not from imperfect man. I consider myself a Christian in that Jesus is my moral guide.  But all the stories and add-ons by the old Jews and the new Catholic church I give no value.  This also resolves the issue of homosexuality.  In the gospels, Jesus never said a single world against gays.

On 4/18/2022 at 4:59 AM, Guest O.L. said:

You make ypur own reality, when it comes to personal religion.

No one , not even God knows what you plan in your brain. 

You can be openly pious but secretly in your deepest psyche , ypu want to drain the padre's cock of every drop of cum, no one knows, you can be a fake religious Joe, a hypocrite, a money grabbing a scrooge but at temple you are all contrite and penitent, but turn on your sociopath charms right under God's nose, or outside . 

No one will know except you. 

Its the one thing you have absoute control over. Not even hell fire can scare you. 

Your personal thought and personal behaviours , you are in control. 

Guilt is something other religious Joe and your parents and teacher's impose their personal morality on you. 

If you don't believe , there is absolutrly nothing they can do , to make you a true believer.

Makes a lot of sense.

On 4/18/2022 at 5:16 AM, Guest Dramatic Ritual said:

"Son,  Grace is all you need from me.  Faith is all I need from you".

He showed me the blood covenant as proof.  It is a good deal and I accepted.  All done in spiritual realm, very potent, very powerful.

Easy-Peasy, unlike yours.

Feel fortunate. You can stop scratching your head and pulling your hair.  You found the correct answer for you, and you should be satisfied.

We are all different.  I find that to be honest I cannot force my beliefs.  Either they are there, or not.  Faith is a natural consequence of what we understand.  Therefore, faith is not a virtue, and lack of faith is not a defect.  Also I don't see how a divinity would need the adoration, worship by human beings. The insignificant me does not need any adoration, so why should an omnipotent divinity need any?  Why does He need that we have faith in him?  Why cannot He let us live our lives and mind his own business?  It is understandable that he helps us by telling us what to do, but this is sufficient.  After that,  our actions should not concern Him,  but us.

Guest Try and see

Can a gay be religious?

Yes, but there are certain conditions.

Most importantly is that you should preferably be celibate, regardless of which religion you choose to follow.

Having an active sex life with multiple sex partners is like a drug/alcohol addiction. It will hinder your spiritual progress and cultivation.

Also, if you are having a lot of sex partners, and you openly tell people that you follow such-and-such a religion, you will only make that religion look bad.

Guest Do't be shy
On 4/18/2022 at 8:48 PM, Steve5380 said:

It is understandable that he helps us by telling us what to do, but this is sufficient.  After that,  our actions should not concern Him,  but us.

But everytime his name is being mentioned here, you get into a frenzy to talk about it.  You still love HIM, don't you?

Guest Steve 8675309
On 4/18/2022 at 8:32 PM, Steve5380 said:

I also find that there is good value in Christianity.  In the part that may come from the divine and not from imperfect man. I consider myself a Christian in that Jesus is my moral guide.  But all the stories and add-ons by the old Jews and the new Catholic church I give no value.  This also resolves the issue of homosexuality.  In the gospels, Jesus never said a single world against gays.

That religion uses Emotional.blackmail , emotional black mail.

Emotional.blackmail.causes enotional damage like guilt, sleepless night, self doubt, own gas lighting . 

Those who went through that religion knows what I am.talkin.about. 

Emotional Damage comes from emotional blackmail.

Guest Stevie

The tried and tested method, that will.bring about inner peace and long lasting happiness, espoused by the greatest of all eastern , far eastern philosophy is living life in the present. 

No emotional.damage.No guilt. No gas lighting. No self doubt. 

Introducing Eckhart Tolle.

Of course , there are many teachers besides Eckhart Tolle.

Living in the present is the most powerful philosophy.

All others religion are focusing on what you did in your past (Sin) and your future ( salvation and redemption).

Focud on the present.Be in the present.

(Sin and guilt free).

The past is gone and the future is not guaranteed, we can only.inhabit the present. 

So says Buddha , and other Eastern great masters.

Live in the present and stop.gas lighting your self.

On 4/18/2022 at 8:32 PM, Steve5380 said:

The Catholic church doesn't condemn homosexuals, in fact, Catholicism teaches that God loves us all.

All in sex is fair.

On 4/18/2022 at 9:49 PM, Guest Try and see said:

Can a gay be religious?

Yes, but there are certain conditions.

Most importantly is that you should preferably be celibate, regardless of which religion you choose to follow.

Having an active sex life with multiple sex partners is like a drug/alcohol addiction. It will hinder your spiritual progress and cultivation.

Also, if you are having a lot of sex partners, and you openly tell people that you follow such-and-such a religion, you will only make that religion look bad.

I don't make the religion look bad, I make myself look bad.

All in sex is fair.

On 4/18/2022 at 11:55 AM, kimlo777 said:

The Catholic church doesn't condemn homosexuals, in fact, Catholicism teaches that God loves us all.

Yes, this is a quite recent position of the Catholic church.  In the past, they came down on gays quite hard. 

Now some Protestant and non-denominational Christians come down hard on gays.  They apparently didn't realize that Christ never condemned gays.  ( but they have a bunch of other excuses,  like the old testament )

On 4/18/2022 at 11:15 AM, Guest Guest said:

If One Does Not Respect Other People Religious Faith, Does It Consider Discrimination And Disrespectful ?

One should respect other religion's FAITHFUL,  not necessarily their faith.  Some faiths don't deserve respect, like that of the 'rev.' Pat Robertson,  who claims that natural calamities like earthquakes are produced by the ire of God over society's acceptance of same-sex marriages.

Guest 冰冰冰冰

The pastor father , Pastor Devin , says he loves his son , no matter what, and he wants him to be happy. 

We are humans first and foremost. 

A father's love for his son is natural , innate and comes from the heart. 

Do not let hate and discrimination come between them. 

Yay. Yip yip hooray.

Guest I can SEE!
On 4/19/2022 at 4:14 AM, Steve5380 said:

Yes, this is a quite recent position of the Catholic church.  In the past, they came down on gays quite hard. 

The past does not mean it will not be repeated in future.  It all boils down to which POPE will succeed Francis and thereafter repeat using Gay as bashing bait to appease their flocks.  In Catholicism, they don't set clear precedent for the future,  The one who is in power determined what suited h im under his reign.

Guest Big Bad Boy
On 4/19/2022 at 4:19 AM, Steve5380 said:

One should respect other religion's FAITHFUL,  not necessarily their faith.  Some faiths don't deserve respect, like that of the 'rev.' Pat Robertson,  who claims that natural calamities like earthquakes are produced by the ire of God over society's acceptance of same-sex marriages.

Generally, American pastors are very creative to pain Gay people as some kind of Alien, Disease, Mine, Demon, Satan incarnate, Mental illness, Handicapped...etc.   I have not heard any European citizens used those as often as Americans do.  Even the Queen of England loves the Gay.  Americans are usually very hostile towards many people and many countries.  Too entitled and priviledge and acting classy on world stage

On 4/18/2022 at 8:27 PM, Guest Big Bad Boy said:

Generally, American pastors are very creative to pain Gay people as some kind of Alien, Disease, Mine, Demon, Satan incarnate, Mental illness, Handicapped...etc.   I have not heard any European citizens used those as often as Americans do.  Even the Queen of England loves the Gay.  Americans are usually very hostile towards many people and many countries.  Too entitled and priviledge and acting classy on world stage

Remember that Singapore has 377A,  a law that criminalizes gay sex between consenting adults.   In contrast,  America has legalized same-sex marriage, and has accepted gays in important positions in government,  like the Secretary of Transportation.  "Sodomy laws" have been practically all eliminated, and gay sex is now perfectly legal.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.