Male HQ

Can a gay be religious?

Guest Tang Abeng

On 4/19/2022 at 9:19 AM, Guest I can SEE! said:

The past does not mean it will not be repeated in future.  It all boils down to which POPE will succeed Francis and thereafter repeat using Gay as bashing bait to appease their flocks.  In Catholicism, they don't set clear precedent for the future,  The one who is in power determined what suited h im under his reign.

Tenets and doctrines of the Catholic church do not change at the whim and fancy of the Pope.  They are truths and take many many years to evolve with the time as guided by the Holy Spirit, Biblical teachings and traditions.  I am 65 years old and have been faithfully attending the Catholic church and don't recall it ever using gays "as a bashing bait to appease their flocks". 

Also, the one in power does not determine what is right or wrong or the flavour of the month.  Every official statement by Vatican is based on the Catechism of the Catholic Church which is a voluminous compendium of the doctrines and teachings of the Church.  An online version is available for anyone who wish to refer to it.  No Pope can deviate from what is written there.

Suck my tits and I'll lick your balls.

Lick my arse and I'll suck your cock.

All in sex is fair.

The only bad thing about sex is that it doesn't last long enough.

Read my blog - www.anasianjourney.blogspot.com

Guest Mind boggle
On 4/19/2022 at 10:49 AM, kimlo777 said:

No Pope can deviate from what is written there.

They don't deviate from what is in the book, but you cannot stop them from speaking their mind depending on cirsumstances and situation of the day.  Can you?  I don't regard William Goh, the high Catholic priest, as someone willing compromise when it comes to anti-gay preaching, regardless of what the POPE in Rome think.

On 4/19/2022 at 11:47 AM, Guest Mind boggle said:

They don't deviate from what is in the book, but you cannot stop them from speaking their mind depending on cirsumstances and situation of the day.  Can you?  I don't regard William Goh, the high Catholic priest, as someone willing compromise when it comes to anti-gay preaching, regardless of what the POPE in Rome think.

the views of william goh does not represent the official view of the Catholic church, they are merely his personal views.  Catholics who are discerning will know what to siphon off.  Everyone of us, including the ordained ones, are entitled to their personal views and opinions and have a voice.

All in sex is fair.

Guest Mind boggle
On 4/19/2022 at 1:48 PM, kimlo777 said:

the views of william goh does not represent the official view of the Catholic church, they are merely his personal views.  Catholics who are discerning will know what to siphon off.  Everyone of us, including the ordained ones, are entitled to their personal views and opinions and have a voice.

That precisely pointed out my greatest fear.  Voices, are often louder than the doctrine and not everyone read doctrine but listen to voices.

On 4/19/2022 at 1:52 PM, Guest Mind boggle said:

That precisely pointed out my greatest fear.  Voices, are often louder than the doctrine and not everyone read doctrine but listen to voices.

btw i listen and read almost all of William Goh's homilies and bible reflections and have not come across him bashing up gays. but i do agree that voices are louder than words to some people.

All in sex is fair.

Regardless what is your believe i think yes you can be religious but dont talked like a saint and preach like one to others. Stay humble help to those in needs and save your preach instead share  the knowledge if they keen to know. I believe what we are now is not what we want to be we are the chosen one thay why we different than the normal genders.

On 4/20/2022 at 4:55 AM, fetish72 said:

Regardless what is your believe i think yes you can be religious but dont talked like a saint and preach like one to others. Stay humble help to those in needs and save your preach instead share  the knowledge if they keen to know. I believe what we are now is not what we want to be we are the chosen one thay why we different than the normal genders.

Well said.   Also, don't act and talk like you are in possession of "the truth".  There are many 'truths' around, and if any of these were a real TRUTH,  they would not be beliefs but indisputable FACTS. 

There is nothing wrong in recognizing one's religiousness and therefore speculate about a supernatural, an afterlife,  even if it goes against one's down-to-earth logic.  We should be able to put rationality aside and dwell for a while with the imaginable, like we can immerse ourselves in the fantasy of a Harry Potter movie.

Guest Too Late!
On 4/21/2022 at 6:11 AM, Guest Leonard said:

Being religious doesn't give you the right to impose it on everyone.

Singapore is saturated with these people already.  Our govt already very scared of hurting their sensitive and conservative feelings.

Guest Tadaaaa!!!!
On 4/19/2022 at 3:42 PM, kimlo777 said:

i listen and read almost all of William Goh's homilies and bible reflections and have not come across him bashing up gays.

You probably miss it.  Our msm newpaper has given him the voice against LGBT before.

On 4/21/2022 at 9:58 PM, Guest Tadaaaa!!!! said:

You probably miss it.  Our msm newpaper has given him the voice against LGBT before.

perhaps

All in sex is fair.

Guest Sunday
On 4/18/2022 at 11:25 AM, Steve5380 said:

the revelation that the SIN cleared by Jesus was the ORIGINAL SIN. 

Our own personal sins throughout our life are not cleared by Jesus

Very true.  Your stupidity originated from Adam is still not quite cleared yet.  I hope you get it cleared every Sunday.

On 4/23/2022 at 10:18 AM, Guest Sunday said:

Very true.  Your stupidity originated from Adam is still not quite cleared yet.  I hope you get it cleared every Sunday.

We all inherit the stupidity of Adam.   Maybe not you,  if you are not a descendent of Adam but of some extraterrestrial creature that fell to earth riding a meteorite.

Guest Not a joke
On 4/23/2022 at 11:38 PM, Steve5380 said:

extraterrestrial creature that fell to earth riding a meteorite.

There are scientific evidences that proved human are created from elements brought to earth by meteorites. Technically we are all extraterrestrial beings.  How could you question it's validity?

On 4/23/2022 at 10:52 AM, Guest Not a joke said:

There are scientific evidences that proved human are created from elements brought to earth by meteorites. Technically we are all extraterrestrial beings.  How could you question it's validity?

Yes, meteorites keep bringing some elements and minerals to earth.  But no one was there to verify that we were created from materials in fallen meteorites, instead of materials that were on earth already. 

The creation of our sun and its planets must have been a traumatic event.  Everything here has come from somewhere else, maybe what was in that infinitesimal point that experienced the big bang.  So, no scientist will dare to say where that dust came that God used to make Adam.

On 4/24/2022 at 12:02 AM, Steve5380 said:

Yes, meteorites keep bringing some elements and minerals to earth.  But no one was there to verify that we were created from materials in fallen meteorites, instead of materials that were on earth already. 

Earth was formed by meteors bombartments. You think it appears out of thin air?

On 4/23/2022 at 11:17 AM, Guest Huh? said:

Earth was formed by meteors bombartments. You think it appears out of thin air?

There was a lot of loose material in the early times,  then planets formed by gravitational attraction of these materials.  "Meteors" are something more recent,  particles of cosmic "dust" that still fly around.  Remember that Adam was created only about 6,000 years ago,  a long time after the earth was fully formed as the planet we know today.

On 4/24/2022 at 1:25 AM, Steve5380 said:

There was a lot of loose material in the early times,  then planets formed by gravitational attraction of these materials.  "Meteors" are something more recent,  particles of cosmic "dust" that still fly around.  Remember that Adam was created only about 6,000 years ago,  a long time after the earth was fully formed as the planet we know today.

The earth needs sufficient elements, minierals that also created the right atmosphere for algae to formed and eventually created oxygen for foods sources to grow and thrive before animals are "created" to eat those foods.   It takes times, million of years.  Then those animals started to shape up, slowly but surely became humans that walk the earth.  I just woke up and having breakfast, but *yawn*... talking to you makes me feel....*yawn*.......sleepy again.

On 4/23/2022 at 7:02 PM, Guest huh? said:

The earth needs sufficient elements, minierals that also created the right atmosphere for algae to formed and eventually created oxygen for foods sources to grow and thrive before animals are "created" to eat those foods.   It takes times, million of years.  Then those animals started to shape up, slowly but surely became humans that walk the earth.  I just woke up and having breakfast, but *yawn*... talking to you makes me feel....*yawn*.......sleepy again.

The God in the Bible created the earth and everything around it in six days,  and he rested the seventh.  All your details about atmosphere, algae, oxygen, foods etc. are small details that make me...*yawn*...  sleepy.  This is good, since in two hours it will be my bedtime.  

Tomorrow is here the Day of the Lord.  One can get in the right mood already:  (not for being gay should we miss on beautiful religious art)

Edited by Steve5380

Guest Just Curious

Why all this nonsense about Adam? It is a known fact that humans evolved from creatures which emerged from the seas and who gradually developed into a form of primate.

• 4 months later...
On 4/23/2022 at 9:42 PM, Guest Just Curious said:

Why all this nonsense about Adam? It is a known fact that humans evolved from creatures which emerged from the seas and who gradually developed into a form of primate.

Yes, this must have been in the past.  There is no information as to whether Adam knew how to swim.

Today, human creatures who emerge from the seas are the crews of nuclear submarines who can spend 6 months submerged without seeing the light of day.

Now, being a little more serious...   you are right.  The Adam "nonsense" is a nice figurative story  (fairy tale)  that the early Israelites were told by their leaders to make a connection between us humans and their god.  They had to stay on top of the worship of their created god by their sheep, because this assured that the leaders were worshipped too.

This early society had ABSOLUTELY NO KNOWLEDGE of the laws of physics that applied to a cosmology that they only experienced as a multitude of light spots on the firmament, plus some larger light spots that slowly moved around with some periodicity,  plus the bigger disk that took periodic shapes,  plus the radiant disk moving across the sky every day spreading heat and light.  So they must have had little problems to accept Adam.  

Edited by Steve5380

On 4/24/2022 at 10:42 AM, Guest Just Curious said:

Convenient to claim human evolved from "sea creature". Where's the substantiation? At least there would be some telltale signs to suggest the claim. None of the human anatomy suggests any association with the sea.

We see frog evolves from tadpole and is still ongoing. An adult frog, though can live on land, must keep its skin moist to breathe. Hence, a frog cannot stay very far from water.

We say bat evolves from a land mammal because it has membrane like wings which enables it to fly like a bird and possesses hair and not feathers on its body.

Similarly, a whale evolves from a land mammal to possess fins to enable it to swim in the ocean like a fish but the telltale signs point to its hairy body, the absence of gill but a blowhole on top of its head to breathe.

Guest It is me again
On 9/10/2022 at 5:02 PM, Dart said:

Convenient to claim human evolved from "sea creature". Where's the substantiation? At least there would be some telltale signs to suggest the claim. None of the human anatomy suggests any association with the sea.

We see frog evolves from tadpole and is still ongoing. An adult frog, though can live on land, must keep its skin moist to breathe. Hence, a frog cannot stay very far from water.

We say bat evolves from a land mammal because it has membrane like wings which enables it to fly like a bird and possesses hair and not feathers on its body.

Similarly, a whale evolves from a land mammal to possess fins to enable it to swim in the ocean like a fish but the telltale signs point to its hairy body, the absence of gill but a blowhole on top of its head to breathe.

There is nothing God can't create, and if you think deeper, you wonder why everything was so well made with purpose and they existed for a reason.  Ultimately human start doubting and questioning but never has an answer, not even scientist can fully understand why gay people are born that way. Only God knows and he approved it.

On 9/11/2022 at 12:14 AM, Guest It is me again said:

There is nothing God can't create, and if you think deeper, you wonder why everything was so well made with purpose and they existed for a reason.  Ultimately human start doubting and questioning but never has an answer, not even scientist can fully understand why gay people are born that way. Only God knows and he approved it.

Exactly. You said it well 👍

To whomever who started this topic, I think you're confusing faith with teachings. The teachings of religion might reject a person based on their sexuality, but faith or the relationship between an individual with god is entirely personal and it is not up to the teachings to dictate that. 

Faith is closely tied to religion, but never bound to the teachings. 

Guest Son of God
On 9/11/2022 at 3:10 PM, notd said:

To whomever who started this topic, I think you're confusing faith with teachings. The teachings of religion might reject a person based on their sexuality, but faith or the relationship between an individual with god is entirely personal and it is not up to the teachings to dictate that. 

True, True.  The entire universe and multiverse is a Godly place and if God only belongs to the exclusive few, on earth, according to the "Teachers" of religion,  then it must be the greatest insult and humiliation to God.  How do I know?  Your guess is as good as mine. 

On 9/11/2022 at 2:10 AM, notd said:

You have a good point.   Religiosity has no need for organized religions.   We can be a believer and be completely independent of religious dogmas,  which may not be too far from " fairy tales ".

I identify religiousness in myself.  But I don't sacrifice my reason to it.  Therefore I'm not in a state of belief, but of speculations. 

Guest Who Am I
On 9/11/2022 at 8:22 PM, Steve5380 said:

I identify religiousness in myself.  But I don't sacrifice my reason to it.  Therefore I'm not in a state of belief, but of speculations. 

Your health suffers if you engage in too much conjecture for too long. To free yourself from the load of speculation, you must be in an optimistic frame of mind.

On 9/11/2022 at 7:47 AM, Guest Who Am I said:

Your health suffers if you engage in too much conjecture for too long. To free yourself from the load of speculation, you must be in an optimistic frame of mind.

You are right.  I didn't elaborate that my speculations are not an obsession but an occasional pastime. I also think that it is good for our health to realize that we insignificant and nearly completely ignorant, having our spirit limited by the senses of our body. It takes some time and wiseness to recognize our ignorance and accept it without problems.   There is just so much real knowledge that we can make use of.

On 9/11/2022 at 10:38 AM, mmuhd said:

Yes. Why not? 

You do ur part as a follower regardless of your religion's stand on being gay.

Ignore what people tell you.

Dont let people use religion as an excuse.

I believe it is God who has created all. So yeah.

You have a very good attitude.  But I have some observation to make.

I hope that you agree that any decent divinity would have no problems with people he created homosexuals.  But there are organized religions who teach that homosexuality is a sin,  and you hopefully agree that this evaluation is a mistake.

HOW CAN a religion be TRUE if it includes mistakes?   Would their God, if he is honest,  consent to their teaching of a falsity?

On 9/12/2022 at 2:55 AM, Steve5380 said:

You have a very good attitude.  But I have some observation to make.

I hope that you agree that any decent divinity would have no problems with people he created homosexuals.  But there are organized religions who teach that homosexuality is a sin,  and you hopefully agree that this evaluation is a mistake.

HOW CAN a religion be TRUE if it includes mistakes?   Would their God, if he is honest,  consent to their teaching of a falsity?

The religions are much more than being straight/gay.

Also.. need to consider the context when the religions were founded.. very likely being hetero was seen as the norm.. so basically they were written as such and all.

Rather than outlaw homo....

Anyway, if God wanted.. he would have created us exactly as what his teachings say.. no.. he did not want that.. he wanted som of us to be what or who we are... nothing goes against his wishes

Is what i tell myself...

On 9/11/2022 at 8:03 PM, mmuhd said:

Also.. need to consider the context when the religions were founded.. very likely being hetero was seen as the norm.. so basically they were written as such and all.

Anyway, if God wanted.. he would have created us exactly as what his teachings say.. no.. he did not want that.. he wanted som of us to be what or who we are... nothing goes against his wishes

Is what i tell myself...

The point is not to condemn those who created organized religions who teach falsities.  They may have done this in good faith.  The ancient Jews may have had reasons to condemn homosexuality.   But if the Christian God had any reality, he would not have allowed this falsity to persist in his churches for 2000 years.   We should not be surprised that religious dogmas contain falsities,  because everything we humans do can be mistaken and have falsities.    Take the two meanings in this sentence, and we conclude that religious dogmas contain falsities because they are the product of humans that can make mistakes.  This goes for all religions.  End conclusion:   religious dogmas are created by humans like you and me,  and not by Gods who are "infinitely wise, infinitely just, infinitely everything".   So we have no need to take these religious dogmas seriously, with faith. 

Edited by Steve5380

On 9/12/2022 at 10:34 AM, Steve5380 said:

The point is not to condemn those who created organized religions who teach falsities.  They may have done this in good faith.  The ancient Jews may have had reasons to condemn homosexuality.   But if the Christian God had any reality, he would not have allowed this falsity to persist in his churches for 2000 years.   We should not be surprised that religious dogmas contain falsities,  because everything we humans do can be mistaken and have falsities.    Take the two meanings in this sentence, and we conclude that religious dogmas contain falsities because they are the product of humans that can make mistakes.  This goes for all religions.  End conclusion:   religious dogmas are created by humans like you and me,  and not by Gods who are "infinitely wise, infinitely just, infinitely everything".   So we have no need to take these religious dogmas seriously, with faith. 

The words are the same... what one deems as truth / false... is really up to one buddy... believe what and how u want.... cheers

On 9/11/2022 at 9:45 PM, mmuhd said:

The words are the same... what one deems as truth / false... is really up to one buddy... believe what and how u want.... cheers

This is very true.  Millions believe that Islam is true and Christianity is false.  And millions believe that Christianity is true and Islam is false. Same words, but I hope that you are not one of them.  :) 

End conclusion:   religious dogmas are created by humans like you and me,  and not by Gods who are "infinitely wise, infinitely just, infinitely everything".   So we have no need to take these religious dogmas seriously, with faith. 

Your "End conclusion" clarifies why I prefer to spend time alone with God and make my confessions to him rather than relying on a priest—who is a human being, fallible no less, to intercede on my behalf to God.  Nobody  is aware of what other people or  a priest or pastor could be thinking if I ask them to tell God to accept my sexual orientation.  So, best I tell God myself instead of thru confession to another human beings. 

On 9/13/2022 at 10:20 AM, Guest Right said:

Your "End conclusion" clarifies why I prefer to spend time alone with God and make my confessions to him rather than relying on a priest—who is a human being, fallible no less, to intercede on my behalf to God.  Nobody  is aware of what other people or  a priest or pastor could be thinking if I ask them to tell God to accept my sexual orientation.  So, best I tell God myself instead of thru confession to another human beings. 

There are thousands of gods out there, which one are you spending time confessing to? The biblical god? god of the old or New Testament? Hindu gods? Greek gods? How you decide which god is true and which is man made?

On 9/12/2022 at 9:20 PM, Guest Right said:

I am like you.  I have my own personal UNKNOWN, who I talk to, pray to, and respect as some superior supernatural being.   I accept that this being is unknown to me,  like I don't know what is there at the center of the earth.

On 9/13/2022 at 4:44 AM, MadMan said:

There are thousands of gods out there, which one are you spending time confessing to? The biblical god? god of the old or New Testament? Hindu gods? Greek gods? How you decide which god is true and which is man made?

It is easy if you realize that we insignificant creatures are unable to know, comprehend, interface to a possible creator, primary force of the universe.   Then you realize that all the Gods out there cannot be known, and therefore are man made.  But we can have, on our side, a relationship with this unknown force.  Like people can venerate the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

On 9/13/2022 at 5:44 PM, MadMan said:

Why are you looking up for the information here? There are plenty of reliable resources available in the internet and publications. 

Check out the crucial points on the biography of each Founder:

*Birth 

*Life (including Nature of Ministry & Teaching)

*The Conclusion of Their Lives.

*The Evidence and Consistency of materials to back up the above points.

Hope you will get a clue from your research.

On 9/13/2022 at 10:28 AM, Dart said:

Why are you looking up for the information here? There are plenty of reliable resources available in the internet and publications. 

Check out the crucial points on the biography of each Founder:

*Birth 

*Life (including Nature of Ministry & Teaching)

*The Conclusion of Their Lives.

*The Evidence and Consistency of materials to back up the above points.

Hope you will get a clue from your research.

The Internet has many reliable sources of information.

But the reliable Internet cannot provide reliable information about each Founder because this information in itself is not reliable in the first place.

The information in Moses' Torah is not reliable.  The writings by the early Christians are not reliable.  The stories about Muhamad and his Koran are not reliable.  The stories about Gautama Buddha and the writings of his disciples are not reliable.  The stories about Joseph Smith and his writings are not reliable.  The history of Homer and his Odyssey are not reliable.  The history of Hinduism and its writings is not reliable.  The information left about the Mayan and Incan religions is not reliable.

RELIABLE information is a modern concept when it deals with recent events because there is so much solid preservation, now nearly all digital,  of writings, pictures, videos, sounds,  that can be evidence of events, regardless of who is the author of the information. 

Guest The Ignorant
On 9/14/2022 at 8:14 AM, Steve5380 said:

The information in Moses' Torah is not reliable.  The writings by the early Christians are not reliable.  The stories about Muhamad and his Koran are not reliable.  The stories about Gautama Buddha and the writings of his disciples are not reliable.  The stories about Joseph Smith and his writings are not reliable.  The history of Homer and his Odyssey are not reliable.  The history of Hinduism and its writings is not reliable.  The information left about the Mayan and Incan religions is not reliable.

Ignorance could be a bliss and blessing.  You neither reject nor deny the existence of the unknown. So that it can continue to serve as a source of comfort for you should you ever need it,

On 9/13/2022 at 10:25 PM, Guest The Ignorant said:

Ignorance could be a bliss and blessing.  You neither reject nor deny the existence of the unknown. So that it can continue to serve as a source of comfort for you should you ever need it,

Yes, in this case the acceptance of our ignorance is a blessing.  It gives peace and tranquility to our mind always eager to know everything.  It eliminates religious belief as a cause of separation and discrimination from our side.  Then we are what is called an agnostic.

And then our inborn moral standards together with our experience are free to dictate our conduct,  and something inside our spirit keeps track of our compliance throughout life with our personal standards, and this comparison influences our satisfaction or dissatisfaction with ourselves, that is, our degree of happiness.  This could be how "karma" works.   

On 9/14/2022 at 8:58 PM, Steve5380 said:

It eliminates religious belief as a cause of separation and discrimination from our side.  Then we are what is called an agnostic.

This could be how "karma" works.   

If you don't believe in religion , you should not believe in karma which is also linked to religion.

On 9/14/2022 at 10:29 AM, Guest Duh! said:

If you don't believe in religion , you should not believe in karma which is also linked to religion.

Karma exists in Hinduism and its derived religions, like Buddhism.  But the name applies very well to a spiritual "cause and effect",  that our actions will influence our future life.  This does not need a religion to function.   Like we don't need a religion for human morality, good, evil to exist.

On 9/15/2022 at 4:57 AM, Steve5380 said:

Karma exists in Hinduism and its derived religions, like Buddhism.  But the name applies very well to a spiritual "cause and effect",  that our actions will influence our future life.  This does not need a religion to function.   Like we don't need a religion for human morality, good, evil to exist.

I agree with you on this. I was brought up a Buddhist by my mother, but am not religious in that I do not pray or chant. But I like the fair and equitable idea of karma, that what you reap is what you sow, rather than depend on the whims and fancy of an imaginary sky deity 

• 2 weeks later...

Not only gay can be religious normal person can be too. Being religious is way of life in what you belief in. Is teaching you from doing some bad things towards others instead being nice towards others.

Edited by fetish72

Guest FkingReligion
On 9/12/2022 at 9:03 AM, mmuhd said:

Is what i tell myself...

Exactly. If they believe God to be omnipotent, then nothing in his creation is unwanted. If it was truly unwanted, He would have long banished it out of existence because He have to power to. The fact that he didn't, already proved His stand in this matter.

Those idiots are just twisting God's words and dirtying God's name. But God is so generous that he would even forgive those idiots who sully his name.

On 9/16/2022 at 4:14 PM, MadMan said:

I agree with you on this. I was brought up a Buddhist by my mother, but am not religious in that I do not pray or chant. But I like the fair and equitable idea of karma, that what you reap is what you sow, rather than depend on the whims and fancy of an imaginary sky deity 

Agree.  The idea of karma - the cause and effect, and its after life is fairer than just an evil person praying to god to enter heaven.

Don't read and response to guests' post

On 9/25/2022 at 3:20 AM, Guest FkingReligion said:

Those idiots are just twisting God's words and dirtying God's name. But God is so generous that he would even forgive those idiots who sully his name.

LOL!  You are right.  Those who invent a God should at least be so smart to make it so that it does not punish them for having invented Him.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.