Male HQ

How to deal with Christmas depression?

Guest Blank

Being single and always alone make me think that I'm not blessed and destined to be happy that sometimes I think it would be better that I wasn't born in this world, that my life has no more meaning and value to continue further.

31 minutes ago, Guest Blank said:

Being single and always alone make me think that I'm not blessed and destined to be happy that sometimes I think it would be better that I wasn't born in this world, that my life has no more meaning and value to continue further.

U probably need a religion. If you are financially stable then use money to find yrself some entertainment. Thinking and thinking doesn't give you anything. Oh and Christmas is only just ONE day. Sleep more and watch youtube and the day is over. Merry Christmas!

The grass will always appear greener on the other side.

Why are you so sure that being attached will make one happy? There are as many happy and blissful singles as there are couples, and there are as many miserable singles as there are couples. It boils down to your own mental perception and ability to take control of your own life and happiness.

When you talk about meaning in life, what about those who are less privileged than you are? Have you thought about that? Do you mean that those who live in perpetual oppressive state should just go kill themselves? That would mean a good 80% of the poor around the world who are subjected to injustices you've likely never have to experience. So are you sure you are that unfortunate? Do you think these people are concerned about being attached? No, they are only worried about survival, every single day of their lives.

You have no idea how good you have it until you really see the really unfortunate people in the world. 

1 hour ago, Guest Blank said:

You are not alone.

You still have us, the BWers, there's always listening ears here.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

1 hour ago, Guest Blank said:

Guest Blank,  I am also single again and living alone after my bf passed away.   These celebrations like Christmas tomorrow (we are 12 hours behind your time) always feel heavy on my heart because I miss him.   But I don't feel lonely nor unhappy.  Each of us has unique circumstances, unique destiny, unique strengths.

None of us has asked to be born.  What comes with life is a certain instinct of preservation that forces us to do what is necessary to stay alive. We are not born with a supply of happiness, nature does not care about it and it is not in our genes. However, we receive a working brain with an ability to reason, to learn.  And here we find the means to create happiness by caring to avoid painful injuries and by seeking activities that give us some joy.  We get joy by asking our parents for candy and other food we like, by asking for toys, and some loving parents will see that we have some happiness in our lives.

Once we are adults,  the responsibility to find happiness falls on our own shoulders. The "blessings" of childhood fade away and we are left with our own source of happiness. Some may find it in their hobbies, their studies, their work, their abilities for arts or sports, their social interactions.  The combination of these is unique to each person.  But one fact we rarely think about is that we can MAKE our happiness by LEARNING to cultivate this FEELING.   This is something that people who become more spiritual can benefit from very well.   How do you think that more than 3/4 of the human population that were born in more dear situations than us can be happy?  There is no doubt that a majority are!   How you think that a Buddhist monk or a believer like @fab who cultivates detachment can be perfectly happy? 

We need to recognize that happiness is a FEELING.  And feelings are independent of reality.  In your situation as an adult, with some choices over your life, you can find a source of spiritual power, like a group of people who practice meditation,  and this will bring peace to your mind.  In this peace, you can practice bringing in feelings of happiness and force you to  smile.  You will be able to feel happy no matter what.  Practice makes perfect, and you will be able to conjure this feeling when necessary.   In moments like now,  facing a reality of being alone on Christmas while allegedly, just ALLEGEDLY,  the rest of the world is totally happy enjoying the company of loved ones, celebrating in parties, feasts with delicious food, drinks, sex?...   you calmly prepare your mind and bring in feelings of happiness.  The rest of the world may vanish,  and you will be satisfied with your life,  and even be glad to be free of the noise, the smoke, the indigestion, the hangover, the trash, the credit card bills, all what comes with heavy celebrations.

This is how I am now,  and how I will be tomorrow on Christmas day.  I already have a list of family and friends to call with good wishes, I have some good food, good entertainment, and I have done all my errands to have all this without any need to leave my cozy home.  And if some else comes into the plan, I will gladly do it  :)

Instead of a believer, I prefer to be A Practitioner.

;)

5 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Guest Blank,  I am also single again and living alone after my bf passed away.   These celebrations like Christmas tomorrow (we are 12 hours behind your time) always feel heavy on my heart because I miss him.   But I don't feel lonely nor unhappy.  Each of us has unique circumstances, unique destiny, unique strengths.

None of us has asked to be born.  What comes with life is a certain instinct of preservation that forces us to do what is necessary to stay alive. We are not born with a supply of happiness, nature does not care about it and it is not in our genes. However, we receive a working brain with an ability to reason, to learn.  And here we find the means to create happiness by caring to avoid painful injuries and by seeking activities that give us some joy.  We get joy by asking our parents for candy and other food we like, by asking for toys, and some loving parents will see that we have some happiness in our lives.

Once we are adults,  the responsibility to find happiness falls on our own shoulders. The "blessings" of childhood fade away and we are left with our own source of happiness. Some may find it in their hobbies, their studies, their work, their abilities for arts or sports, their social interactions.  The combination of these is unique to each person.  But one fact we rarely think about is that we can MAKE our happiness by LEARNING to cultivate this FEELING.   This is something that people who become more spiritual can benefit from very well.   How do you think that more than 3/4 of the human population that were born in more dear situations than us can be happy?  There is no doubt that a majority are!   How you think that a Buddhist monk or a believer like @fab who cultivates detachment can be perfectly happy? 

We need to recognize that happiness is a FEELING.  And feelings are independent of reality.  In your situation as an adult, with some choices over your life, you can find a source of spiritual power, like a group of people who practice meditation,  and this will bring peace to your mind.  In this peace, you can practice bringing in feelings of happiness and force you to  smile.  You will be able to feel happy no matter what.  Practice makes perfect, and you will be able to conjure this feeling when necessary.   In moments like now,  facing a reality of being alone on Christmas while allegedly, just ALLEGEDLY,  the rest of the world is totally happy enjoying the company of loved ones, celebrating in parties, feasts with delicious food, drinks, sex?...   you calmly prepare your mind and bring in feelings of happiness.  The rest of the world may vanish,  and you will be satisfied with your life,  and even be glad to be free of the noise, the smoke, the indigestion, the hangover, the trash, the credit card bills, all what comes with heavy celebrations.

This is how I am now,  and how I will be tomorrow on Christmas day.  I already have a list of family and friends to call with good wishes, I have some good food, good entertainment, and I have done all my errands to have all this without any need to leave my cozy home.  And if some else comes into the plan, I will gladly do it  :)

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

45 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

And you will Practice without Believing? 😲

A Believer is step 1.

A Practitioner is step 2.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

You are lucky to be depressed only during Christmas. But I am depress almost on a daily basis. I think my depression is due to how I view my life and dealing with people. I feel useless. No talent. Have not achieve any remarkable success in life. I feel gloomy of my future. All I wanted for christmas is to avoid people. 

Daily depression? If what u said is true,  then u need to seek help from doctor.  Prolong depression is bad for one's health.....it is completely normal for single to feel a bit down during festive seasons but u still can catch up with other single friends or keep yourself busy... The worst for single is when u r sick or hospitalised, that is real depression. 

Life is not all gd. There is up and down.. Take it as a challenge.. and fight for your happiness.Nobody owes you to make you.

However, if you are ugly, without money, or a top with bad dxxk, then do what you want.

If you are not, makes more money, tag me along to bkk, i will try to help you. 

Be stronger..

Your next life might not be any better and could be worse   

10 hours ago, Guest Blank said:

We come alone, we leave alone.

Don't compare with others, everyone has different blessing and happiness depending on one's karma. 

Birth is not a choice until one has achieved nirvana. 

Last but not least, one instil meanings and create values in one's own life.

Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

1 hour ago, lonelyglobe said:

Daily depression? If what u said is true,  then u need to seek help from doctor.  Prolong depression is bad for one's health.....it is completely normal for single to feel a bit down during festive seasons but u still can catch up with other single friends or keep yourself busy... The worst for single is when u r sick or hospitalised, that is real depression. 

I did. The doc give me medicine. I feel even worse. Heart rate pumping like crazy. Got give me referal to see psychologist. But did not go eventually. 

I feel is more like a mindset. I can still think clearly. But mood is affected when cannot control my mind. Even worse when my social skill is terrible. And I think I got midlife depression sort off. 

1 hour ago, Guest Christ said:

I did. The doc give me medicine. I feel even worse. Heart rate pumping like crazy. Got give me referal to see psychologist. But did not go eventually. 

I feel is more like a mindset. I can still think clearly. But mood is affected when cannot control my mind. Even worse when my social skill is terrible. And I think I got midlife depression sort off. 

Go exercise. Eating so much of these medicines will at some point weaken your body. Go and Google the benefits of exercising. 

You become fitter and stronger , which builds confidence. Body releases endorphin which makes you feel happy and good. Occasionally eat some comfort food which again are morale boosters. 

Discover more about yourself. Learn a new hobby. Grow. Have proper rest. 

Christmas is not a depression.  It is the human depression. Thus saying Christmas depression is completely wrong when human emotions fluctuates throughout the year.  .It can be your birthday, a chinese new year, a valentine day,  911 remembrance day,   your bf broke off day,  a full moon day or even any rainy day.  So ya...blame the human fragility, not the day. 

4 hours ago, Guest Christ said:

You are lucky to be depressed only during Christmas. But I am depress almost on a daily basis. I think my depression is due to how I view my life and dealing with people. I feel useless. No talent. Have not achieve any remarkable success in life. I feel gloomy of my future. All I wanted for christmas is to avoid people. 

U got money to survive every day and a roof and can buy things u like right?  Then u r just thinking too much. If u want to find ways to occupy yr time you will. If u cant u probably is used to feeling sad and lonely and you dont really want to get out of it. Ppl can give you many suggestions but if all yr response is I dont like this, i dont like that, no interest in this and that, lazy to go out, weather is warm...then you r just choosing to feel that way and not wanting to get out of it. A fren of mine was having some depression and everything also she got reason to reject. Ask her to go out also she say come back home I stil feel the same. I wanted to say, If so, then dont eat lor. Eat also after that will feel hungry. It's all abt taking yr mind off and occupy it with something.

Edited by Leanmeat

6 hours ago, doncoin said:

Go volunteer and help out in a senior home or children's home. Even hospitals as well, as there are families with loved ones who are unable to celebrate at home. 

Not feasible for introvert ppl with social anxiety n terrible akward peculiar weird social skill n poor eye contact.

26 minutes ago, Guest Christ said:

Not feasible for introvert ppl with social anxiety n terrible akward peculiar weird social skill n poor eye contact.

Good that you recognize your traits.

Perhaps it's time you learn to stop becoming negative and overcome these weaknesses.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

On 12/26/2019 at 4:52 PM, Guest Christ said:

I also think that in this post you are speaking about yourself.    Instead of thinking like that...  shouldn't you LOVE yourself ???

Many months ago I read a post by G_M in a thread also about depression, lack of self confidence and I am very thankful to him for posting the attached video that helped me a lot to understand myself for the better.  This was the first time I heard about "mental, emotional hygiene".  I also have conspired against myself like if I were my worst enemy, something that you seem to be doing to yourself without realizing it.   Watch the video,  the speaker's humor does not belittle the importance of what he says,  it is stuff TO TAKE SERIOUSLY, and it can help you very much:

Edited by Steve5380

Human being can be very forgiving.  The only problem is, such forgiveness was often taken for granted by the recipient at the expenses of the forgiver who sacrificed in term of monetary element,  health element and  risk element.  Then the recipient will stare you in your face, challenging you to sue him or  live with it.  Repetitive of such norms can only mean one thing, stay emotionally matured and continue to do what you did best until such a time, you will learn something out of it and hopefully by then, no one should tell you otherwise that what you did,  was either so wrong or right,  and make matters even more confusing for you to think properly. Breaking down, is the only outcome - with or without the support videos.

• 1 year later...
On 12/25/2019 at 7:39 AM, Guest Blank said:

Oh don't be so sad. There are other things in this world that is worth your attention

Guest No complain.

Some people love noise and hate being too quiet.  Others prefer silence.   At the the extreme left and right preference,  there are reasons not fully utilised.  Take an example, plants that prefer dim light will not complain about not having too much sunlight and those that prefer bright light will not complain about not having enough light.  They thrive in their inborn preference.  Human should be the same too.  I have no complain about being bored if I need that quiet space to myself.

There's a certain great expectation for everyone when it comes to the day of festivity. Those who have family of their own, holding great jobs and from well to do background enjoy companies of warmth, laughter and glee and no short of well wishers.

For us gays who are single and for the older ones among us who have passed careerhood, the festival creates a distinct contrast when we start to compare with the counterpart above and many will plunge into depression. 

Hey! I want you guys to listen up! Do you even know what's the first Christmas felt like?

How do you feel when you have to flee to a foreign land because the authority were after the life of your loved one?

How do you feel when in a foreign land you were treated with hostility, rejected proper accomodation and had to put up in a filthy and smelly stable for some urgent matter because you were abject poor?

This was the exact situation Joseph and Mary experienced on the first Christmas. It was anything but warm and merry! Think about that. 

We should always count our blessings on the festive day.

When was the first time we achieved something which made us proud?

When was the time we helped someone who was really in need? What would happen to him if we weren't there to help?

When was the time we escaped a terrible misfortune/accident? 

Don't under evaluate ourselves.

On 12/19/2021 at 1:55 AM, Dart said:

There's a certain great expectation for everyone when it comes to the day of festivity. Those who have family of their own, holding great jobs and from well to do background enjoy companies of warmth, laughter and glee and no short of well wishers.

For us gays who are single and for the older ones among us who have passed careerhood, the festival creates a distinct contrast when we start to compare with the counterpart above and many will plunge into depression. 

How do you feel when you have to flee to a foreign land because the authority were after the life of your loved one?

How do you feel when in a foreign land you were treated with hostility, rejected proper accomodation and had to put up in a filthy and smelly stable for some urgent matter because you were abject poor?

This was the exact situation Joseph and Mary experienced on the first Christmas. It was anything but warm and merry! Think about that. 

When was the time we helped someone who was really in need? What would happen to him if we weren't there to help?

Thanks for the reminder to always count our blessings to avoid being overwhelmed by sheer loneliness during this festive year end.

Edited by yuquidam

Guest Really Thinking.

They have visitors, the angels, the 3 kings, some sheperds, cute animals and gift of gold. Night suddenly became day.  Most importantly, they have a new baby.  How Joyous!  What makes you think there was no warmth?

On 12/18/2021 at 11:55 AM, Dart said:

Hey! I want you guys to listen up! Do you even know what's the first Christmas felt like?

When was the first time we achieved something which made us proud?

When was the time we escaped a terrible misfortune/accident? 

Don't under evaluate ourselves.

Oh... Christmas has little to do with all that story of the Holy Family.   Christmas has become a secular holiday.  Time to celebrate, give and receive presents, and eat our stomachs full!    By the way,  the story of the birth of Jesus was not so abysmal as you paint it.   Like Guest Reality Thinking wrote,  they had angels, the Kings, and flashy color lights (oh no, not these).  While we celebrate Christmas in a week there will be MILLIONS of families in horrible need, close to starvation,  women giving birth in even worse conditions as Mary had.  Why doesn't Jesus feel sorry for them and does something to help them?

Christmas depression can come to those of us who will be older and alone if we let society convince us that the day is something special.  

The rotation of the earth will not gain or lose one second on Christmas day.  It is a day like any other day.  All the hype of Christmas is just this:  hype.   Instead of depression, if we are older and alone we could take this day as an opportunity to give thanks,  for being peacefully alone and for having lived a long life so far.  It can be also a time to reflect on the injustice of us living a decent life with most needs satisfied, and a majority of humanity who are still needy, some to the point of perishing,  and also to reflect on how so many needy people could be helped.

On 12/19/2021 at 9:20 AM, Guest Really Thinking. said:

They have visitors, the angels, the 3 kings, some sheperds, cute animals and gift of gold. Night suddenly became day.  Most importantly, they have a new baby.  How Joyous!  What makes you think there was no warmth?

I was referring to the rationale on the atmosphere surrounding the first Christmas. It was a distressing, fearful and humiliating kind of situation then. Some of our gay bros can see the relevancy in this condition today for being left out and being alone during this time.

All attempts were made to sabotage the birth of Jesus then but was thwarted by divine intervention. It wasn't as rosy and attractive as being portrayed by commercials you see in the malls.

The 3 kings and the shepherds had been revealed about the Birth and were called to be the account witnesses to the glorious event.  

Yes to believers Christmas is a joyous occasion because the Saviour had been born into the world. The joy comes from within and does not base on external factors. 

Another word of encouragement to my gay bros who feel unloved and being left out alone: Why would the Almighty pay us a personal visit when we meant nothing to Him? Think about it.

Edited by Dart

It's always easy to let the holiday spirits get to you, especially when you're out and about, and seeing couples frolicking happily in malls. It doesn't help that the media often perpetuates Christmas as a season of romance, love and togetherness. In a way, I think we're all conditioned to think that the holiday seasons are never meant to be spent alone, and if you happen to be a single person treading the streets on Christmas, perhaps your prince charming is somewhere around the corner, hoping to bump into you so that the two of you can begin a lifetime of everlasting love. 

Alas, such is never the case. Just like you, I've always longed to spend my Christmas with someone significant, a lover if you will. Even when I was with my ex, we never spent Christmas together (this is a long story and I will not go into this). It's been a good 4 years since our breakup, and every year I still fail to find someone to enjoy Christmas with. I've spent my Christmas with families and close friends before, but there's always that missing part in me that lingers during Christmas,  so yes I do understand the vicious cycle of negative thoughts that plagues you. And yes, the depression does hit.

But it's okay. If it's any consolation, I tell myself that love is around the corner. It may not happen today, tomorrow or the day after. It may takes months, years even a decade to come, but it shouldn't deter you from feeling happy for those around you. I don't have any good advice for you, I certainly won't tell you the grass is always perceived greener on the other side. I most definitely will not tell you that being single is all good and being attached is the bane of human existence. What I will say is... Go out and enjoy the festivities even if you're single. Splurge some cash if you want to, catch a movie, buy a novelty item you chanced at a window display from a random shop. 

I myself spent my Friday evening watching Spiderman: No Way Home with a good friend. It was still enjoyable nonetheless. If you already have someone at heart but neither of you are together, allow yourself the mercy and privilege to revisit your fond memories of him in your head. Most importantly, go easy on yourself. The year end is always a time for everyone to catch a break, no matter how troubled your life may be. After all, we're only human. You may be single, but there's a lot more you can do during these seasons, like telling the one you love about your feelings.

Guest When the Holy Came
On 12/19/2021 at 6:21 PM, Dart said:

Why would the Almighty pay us a personal visit when we meant nothing to Him? Think about it.

Not true.  He would not have die for us if we meant nothing to him.  Unless you believed what human said and not what God said.   He was probably knocking on your door on Christmas day, but you were too busy thinking about other earthly things and forgot that he came by.  Don't do that again this Christmas. 

On 12/19/2021 at 4:21 AM, Dart said:

Yes to believers Christmas is a joyous occasion because the Saviour had been born into the world. The joy comes from within and does not base on external factors. 

Another word of encouragement to my gay bros who feel unloved and being left out alone: Why would the Almighty pay us a personal visit when we meant nothing to Him? Think about it.

Not only to believers.  The story of Jesus Christ including his birth in Belem should be an example for all of humanity.   

Regardless of it being true or false, the story is an example of the highest morality.  And regardless of the religious part,  the gospel of Jesus can be recognized as a best philosophy to follow. 

According to the theology,  the Almighty DID PAY a visit to those for whom he meant nothing.  This was the very essence of the visit!  And it was successful, in the sense that now He means a lot to the millions.

On 12/20/2021 at 11:57 PM, Guest calebtan_10070 said:

No bf, no bonus, should I be happy?

On top of that no job. Can someone tell me how to be happy. Went to church. See those fake faces. Came back feeling worse.

On 12/19/2021 at 6:39 PM, notd said:

It's always easy to let the holiday spirits get to you, especially when you're out and about, and seeing couples frolicking happily in malls. It doesn't help that the media often perpetuates Christmas as a season of romance, love and togetherness. In a way, I think we're all conditioned to think that the holiday seasons are never meant to be spent alone, and if you happen to be a single person treading the streets on Christmas, perhaps your prince charming is somewhere around the corner, hoping to bump into you so that the two of you can begin a lifetime of everlasting love. 

Alas, such is never the case. Just like you, I've always longed to spend my Christmas with someone significant, a lover if you will. Even when I was with my ex, we never spent Christmas together (this is a long story and I will not go into this). It's been a good 4 years since our breakup, and every year I still fail to find someone to enjoy Christmas with. I've spent my Christmas with families and close friends before, but there's always that missing part in me that lingers during Christmas,  so yes I do understand the vicious cycle of negative thoughts that plagues you. And yes, the depression does hit.

But it's okay. If it's any consolation, I tell myself that love is around the corner. It may not happen today, tomorrow or the day after. It may takes months, years even a decade to come, but it shouldn't deter you from feeling happy for those around you. I don't have any good advice for you, I certainly won't tell you the grass is always perceived greener on the other side. I most definitely will not tell you that being single is all good and being attached is the bane of human existence. What I will say is... Go out and enjoy the festivities even if you're single. Splurge some cash if you want to, catch a movie, buy a novelty item you chanced at a window display from a random shop. 

I myself spent my Friday evening watching Spiderman: No Way Home with a good friend. It was still enjoyable nonetheless. If you already have someone at heart but neither of you are together, allow yourself the mercy and privilege to revisit your fond memories of him in your head. Most importantly, go easy on yourself. The year end is always a time for everyone to catch a break, no matter how troubled your life may be. After all, we're only human. You may be single, but there's a lot more you can do during these seasons, like telling the one you love about your feelings.

Much encouraged by your sharing.

PS: Am also thinking much of a colleague (a divorcee) who took his life during the year end festivities few years back. 

Edited by yuquidam

On 12/20/2021 at 11:17 PM, Steve5380 said:

According to the theology,  the Almighty DID PAY a visit to those for whom he meant nothing.  This was the very essence of the visit!  And it was successful, in the sense that now He means a lot to the millions.

You neither know Him nor the purpose of His visit. You come up with a statement with no substantiation to create doubt and a stumbling block to the already hurting gay community from the fact that God loves them and gave His life for them.

I sense from your many posts you're lonely and insecure and you want these men to listen to you and become like you.

Find your meaning. 

Create your value.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

On 12/24/2019 at 5:39 PM, Guest Blank said:

@fab is right: find your meaning and apply your value. 

Every person who is not seriously disabled is a wonder of nature.  Our body has incredible abilities, but to have them is not enough.   The latest state of the art computer can do extraordinary data processing in the hands of a professional.  But it may be sitting on a shelf, or someone is using it only to check the mail and read the Internet. 

You are also a wonder of nature,  but you cannot wait that someone uses you to your full potential.  You have two legs to move and a good face to communicate.  What if you learn some physiology and psychology and realize how complex and reliable the different parts of your body function and how advanced and sophisticated your mind is,  and then get moving and see how you can apply this wonder of nature?  I may suggest that the Internet can be a good start and a guide to find a way to come in contact with other people.  And your legs will help you to meet other "wonders of nature" for some positive purpose.   ( No, I am not suggesting that you go directly to a gay sauna )    

On 12/21/2021 at 6:12 AM, Dart said:

You neither know Him nor the purpose of His visit. You come up with a statement with no substantiation to create doubt and a stumbling block to the already hurting gay community from the fact that God loves them and gave His life for them.

I sense from your many posts you're lonely and insecure and you want these men to listen to you and become like you.

I have nothing against believers like you.  But you are wrong in that I don't know Him and the purpose of His visit.  I have studied the Christian religion during nine years in Christian schools and,  if at least not less,  I might know a little bit more than you do. 

You are a believer in the Christian heaven and hell,  together with perhaps another billion people.  But there are other six billion people who have different beliefs, like the Buddhists who believe in reincarnation until they escape Samsara and attain Enlightenment,  and they have absolutely all the same right as you do that their belief is the true one. 

So I welcome to see my fellow gays realizing that there is a healthier recourse than the religious gods, and find plenty of love from REAL people around them, not some potential fantasies.  There is one important person from whom we should all seek love.

And this person is ONESELF!  Without being selfish, we should LOVE OURSELVES!   We should realize how extraordinary we all living creatures are, especially we humans.  It does not matter that there are over seven billion humans around,  and among them we gays are not any less extraordinary.  Each of us!   Like the operating system that runs our computer is an extraordinary software creation, and there are millions of identical copies of it worldwide,   the abundance of humans does not take anything away from how extraordinary every one of us is.

So even if you erroneously sense that I am lonely and insecure,  I have learned to love myself, and since I feel identical to any other human, be it Mr. Joe Biden or the beggar at some intersection in Houston,  I don't feel alone but I have plenty of people I can give love too.  :) 

And I am quite SECURE about what I just wrote. 

Guest wahahahaha
On 12/23/2021 at 4:50 AM, Steve5380 said:

I have studied the Christian religion during nine years in Christian schools and,  if at least not less,  I might know a little bit more than you do. 

You study catholic, not Christian.  Only 9 years? Still very juvenile....wahahaha...

On 12/22/2021 at 6:47 PM, Guest wahahahaha said:

You study catholic, not Christian.  Only 9 years? Still very juvenile....wahahaha...

Catholics were the main ORIGINAL Christians together with the Greek Orthodox.  All the others grew out of the branch created by Luther, all bunched under "Protestants". 

Yes, I was very juvenile during my 9 years of Catholic schools, from Kindergarten to the end of high school.  In the 6 years of technical high school we had to attend mass every day.  IMAGINE!   With that,  I had to know Catholicism in-and-out.  I am glad I had this education.  I was never a Protestant,  since I didn't protest my religious education but just played along with it and kept my mouth shut.  This gave me a high tolerance for religion. :) 

Edited by Steve5380

Guest Been Thinking
On 12/23/2021 at 9:21 AM, Steve5380 said:

since I didn't protest my religious education but just played along with it and kept my mouth shut. 

An unquestioning mind, is a dull mind.  You are every priest, pastor and politican's fav pet.

Christmas has been celebrated by many, including people of other faiths.  It is a festive day, be it based on religion or just a cultural holiday.  As there are many faiths in BW, it shall be in good spirit for us to treat it as a joyful day to bring humanity together.

While it is good to reflect on the lives of the unfortunate this festive season, let's just enjoy Christmas as much as any other festive holidays.  A reflection will make us human but let's not make it to be a depressing day.

Words have power.  They inspire and they destroy.  Hence, I am closing this thread.  Let Christmas be Christmas.  We can always discuss about depression in other threads, without associating it with Christmas.

And, as Christmas is just around the corner, "Merry Christmas" guys.

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -