• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Theprince
On 1/28/2021 at 3:57 PM, Milk said:

Me too i cycle almost every other day at ecp hope to be friends 

Sounds good. You have telegram? Message me On @theukprince we can plan a ride 

• 2 months later...
20 hours ago, Coolbriz said:

Ya! Cycling along East Coast Park --> Marina Borage --> MBS is quite an enjoyable ride. Quite scenic view along the way too 😊

Do you have your own bike or you rent it ?

Love to do such scenic ride to enjoy the view and to exercise at the same time ... but not sure how to start ... and don't have personal bike. ha ha

39 minutes ago, sgpboyboy said:

Do you have your own bike or you rent it ?

Love to do such scenic ride to enjoy the view and to exercise at the same time ... but not sure how to start ... and don't have personal bike. ha ha

Ya I recently got my own foldie so I started my journey from Bedok --> ECP --> Gardens by the bay / Marina Borage --> MBS. 

I used to rent bike from ECP when I don't have my own. 

Be cool, like a breeze...

I just re-started cycling again after a long while.  I'm usually on the PCN along East Coast Park.  I've ventured to Marina Barrage, MBS, and Esplanade and back... 

Would be nice to have some cycling buddies too. 

OH, I am not a competitive or high-speed cyclist.  I do it at my own pace...  : ))

Omg do you know there is such or a group where this cyclist (those using the racing type) who cycle on roads....

They do have group fun sex when they cycle together? Mostly Fridays or over weekend or public holidays.. I was invited but I don't have bike yet. Still haven't buy. Mostly will buy foldable bike from FB market place cheaper and they can deliver to home. 

Once I have a foldable bike (leisure not racing) will update. 

Hope to find leisure cycle bros in the west or anywhere since it is foldable can grab anywhere...don't worry about the routes..I jog mostly every parts of singapore so kinda know the places...

For those who are not familiar with ECP, there is a section of cycling route cap at 25km/hr speed.

Well, cycling doesn't require a fanciful bike. So long you can ride comfortably, it's a good bike. If you are a beginner, just need to follow few safety rules - apart from safety lights and helmets - when cycling regardless of on main road or cycling route or walkway :

1. Always keep left. A lot failed to do this, cycle leisurely middle of the lane. As a result, a lot of incidents happen when trying to overtake.

2. Align to the left in 1 line when more than 1 person. It is very self-fish and inconsiderate to ride side by side slowly chit-chat on narrow or limited space route.

3. Dnt stop middle of the lane to say hi or to start riding or to check the phone.

4. Dnt use an earpiece or headphone. 

5. Signal with hand gesture when slow down or turning the corner. Witnessed a lot of accidents happen at the cycling route next to the Marina Golf Course. Without proper signal folks from behind and front won't know your intention for the next move.

6. If cycling with your children, niece, nephews or your students, please ensure they stay left and try not to cycle zig-zag. Accident happens because a lot try to avoid kids who suddenly changed course, and hit others from the opposite side.

Guys, feel free to chip in on the cycling ethics and safe practices. Past midnight, braindead d, cannot recall more 😅

I have my fair share of cycling experience too and some I am not sure what is the correct way to follow. For those who are more experience, let me know the right way. 

1. On a shared path with cyclists and walkers.

2. On a single narrow pathway.

3. Making a light ringing when approaching a steep curve where no visibility after the turn. 
4. head-crash with cyclists or walker not keeping to their lane. 
5. Accidentally drop something while cycling. 

Guest Theprince
On 5/1/2021 at 4:48 PM, Coolbriz said:

Ya I recently got my own foldie so I started my journey from Bedok --> ECP --> Gardens by the bay / Marina Borage --> MBS. 

I used to rent bike from ECP when I don't have my own. 

I can’t figure out a way from MbS to esplanade without going on public roads? Is there a PCN? 

Guest Theprince
4 hours ago, Coolbriz said:

Erm don’t quite understand your question. Do you mean the Esplanade theatre?

Sorry should have been more clear. I know a cycling path uptil MBs (from ecp) but want to ride upto the esplanade theatre without going on the roads. Is there a way to do that? 

15 minutes ago, Theprince said:

Sorry should have been more clear. I know a cycling path uptil MBs (from ecp) but want to ride upto the esplanade theatre without going on the roads. Is there a way to do that? 

Ah ok, yes. I think if I’m not wrong, I saw a shared path leading to the Esplanade from the Merlion park. 

Be cool, like a breeze...

Guest Theprince

So anyone keen to ride along ecp (leisurely pace - around 18kmph average) early morning. I ride every morning as my morning exercise. 

maybe a telegram group for ecp riders? 

1 minute ago, Jungleman said:

I’m looking to buy a road bike for less than $400. Anyone has a good recommendation on shop to go? 

Decathlon has a series of good quality budget-friendly bikes.  Go have a look there!  The one near Stadium has a nice browsing selection!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.