Male HQ

Why are Merdeka gen people so lousy?

Guest Confused

Guest Confused

1) most don't believe in exercise/gym when they were young and end up getting sickness(heart problems, organ failure,diabetes now)

2) most don't speak proper english

3) they didn't believe in insurance when young

4) old fashion thinking and stubborn

5) believe that should be loyal to the company they work in. Lol!

Why are they so backwards and lousy?

Guest Generation

The Gen work hard so some of you ungrateful members of the me generation can now complain on the high speed internet from aircon gyms and saunas. Where got time to exercise and learn good english. Ensuring the me generation success was their insurance.

42 minutes ago, Guest Generation said:

The Gen work hard so some of you ungrateful members of the me .. Ensuring the me generation success was their insurance.

Thank you.

That is why i try not to be rude to older..

I always remind my bf too...

But we need to sacrifice sxx and work too.. i know some younger remains stxx.

I think everyone has to work and believe and depends on ownself.

Why depend on us for your insurance .  I am paying my taxes now and i do jot expect rhe next to tske care of me.

3 hours ago, FattChoy said:

Gen Y grow up in abundance where as Gen X and Baby Boomers grow up in an era where money is mostly tight.  Gymming was a luxury when they had to break their backs working to put food on the table for their young and ungrateful millenial kids.

you break your back too? i didnt eat your food.. 🤦‍♀️

Lol. 

Today we enjoy relative wealth. Somebodys got to work yesteryears

to build Sg's reputation as a reliable investment centre today

: to build a couple of generations of educated workforce where the children didnt have to forsake sch to support family but can focus on studies plus career etc

Perhaps critics can try above in an undeveloped country, turn its fortunes around ... and still look fresh out of gym, then can criticise.

6 hours ago, Guest Confused said:

1) most don't believe in exercise/gym when they were young and end up getting sickness(heart problems, organ failure,diabetes now)

2) most don't speak proper english

3) they didn't believe in insurance when young

4) old fashion thinking and stubborn

5) believe that should be loyal to the company they work in. Lol!

Why are they so backwards and lousy?

Princess Cuntfused, 

In case you donno, The Merdeka Generation grew up in post ww2 era where resources were very scarce. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

There's always both sides of the story. The good merdeka people and the fucked up merdeka people. Actually, its always the people. There are people I met who are lovable and there are fucked up people. 

Just like the current situation now. So which type of people you guys want to be will determine how the newer generations will see you. Human behavior. It always is. 

Thread landed in the Flaming Room due to following reasons:   

Reasons:   1) Guest Disclosed Yourself posted here using either his original nick and/or one of his other thousand nicks.     

Result: Moderators moved the thread to the Flaming Room. 

On 12/30/2019 at 5:01 PM, FattChoy said:

Looks like it's time for someone to stop sniffing those poppers.  Or maybe it's too late, already brain damage liow. 

Maybe it's time for you to start sniffing them to get out of your permanent foul mood and also make your foul breath smell better. Hmmm ...wait... don't sniff them. You should drink them. 

Thread landed in the Flaming Room due to following reasons:

Reasons: 

1) Guest Disclosed Yourself posted here using either his original nick and/or one of his other thousand nicks. 

Result: Moderators moved the thread to the Flaming Room. 

• 4 months later...
Guest Hazily Instructor
On 12/30/2019 at 10:41 AM, Guest Guest said:

Thread landed in the Flaming Room due to following reasons: Reasons: 1) Guest Disclosed Yourself posted here using either his original nick and/or one of his other thousand nicks. Result: Moderators moved the thread to the Flaming Room. 

Actually the entire purpose of this thread is aimed at flaming an entire generation of our parents or grandparents and that is why it was moved to the Flaming Room. The Merdeka Generation (born roughly 1946-1965) helped lay the foundation for what we enjoy in modern Singapore and should not be flamed in such a vicious manner at all.

2 hours ago, Guest Hazily Instructor said:

Actually the entire purpose of this thread is aimed at flaming an entire generation of our parents or grandparents and that is why it was moved to the Flaming Room. The Merdeka Generation (born roughly 1946-1965) helped lay the foundation for what we enjoy in modern Singapore and should not be flamed in such a vicious manner at all.

The Merdeka Generation Package, which was announced at Budget 2019, aims to support seniors born in the 1950s with healthcare costs. Seniors who were born between Jan 1, 1950 and Dec 31, 1959,

Guest Juxtaposed Yourself

The last couple of exchanges show the problem of mixing Eastern and Western concepts. 1950 to 1959 is a DECADE, not a generation, so the proper term should be MERDEKA DECADE if they want to use those years. In the West (US anyway) generations tend to be thought of in periods of 15 to 20 years, such as the Baby Boomers being born from the beginning of 1946 to the middle of 1964, followed by Gen X being born from the middle of 1964 to the end of 1981.

I think Guest Hazily Instructor must have had a thread from late last year in mind, which compared the Merdeka Generation to be the rough equivalent of the Baby Boomers in America, but that again means a generation has to be thought of as 15 to 20 years rather than a mere decade (10 years). By this logic, we also have a PIONEER DECADE, rather than a Pioneer Generation. Otherwise they would be the equivalent of the Silent Generation in America (1927 to 1945).

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.