Male HQ

Open Electricity Market (OEM)?

kidster

Which Open Electricity Market (OEM) Retailer and Plan are you subscribe to? And why?  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Since u r here said:

yah ie why i dont think i support a "wrong co" at all

&  i mind the future , not the past
Most imptly Sg will hasten up shifting faster into sust energy 

However, for as long as people continue to "buy" from Tuas, there is no impetus for them to change...

Слава Україні!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Since u r here said:

while buying , we also feedbacked 

nowadays consumers are not like Ah gong ah ma that kind of customers of those era

we could have signed or renewed once w them, that doesnt mean we r gonna silently and blindly do it forever

there are MORE than 1 OEM in sg, not monopoly

I think the majority of Singaporeans aren't very discerning when it comes to buying electricity. It is usually who gives the best deal (cheapest).

Слава Україні!

Yes, I never believed in Sembcorp's investment into coal-fired power plants in Asia. Of course, the marketing of these plants, is that they use "super-critical" technology, which makes it more efficient that conventional coal-fired plants.

Then again, you also have to understand where these markets are. Sembcorp and most MNC power producers do not dictate to the governments what they build, but it is the government who decides what to build, and asks for companies to bid for it. Of course, you can say that companies like Sembcorp should then refrain to bid. However, the other way to look at it, would be that the plant would STILL be built, with or without the likes of Sembcorp, and perhaps, even using older, more-polluting technology.

There is no right or wrong answer to this. Unlike Tuas building the coal-fired plant in Singapore, which was the only coal-fired plant in Singapore. There was no stipulation by the Singapore government that the plant should be a coal-fired plant, but they went with their proposal, green-washing the plant as no more polluting as a gas-fired plant, because they also burn biomass.

Слава Україні!

5 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

When Singapore burns hydrogen, prices go boom

so pls , Expect electricity rates 2 to 3 times the current prices with hydrogen in the mix, experts say.

https://bt.sg/wRmY

That depends on many factors. Of course, those who support Big-Oil will say that Hydrogen is going to very expensive compared with Natural Gas, but if no transition occurs, we can expect higher temperatures and more extreme weather (not to forget rising sea levels).

Also, many just see the Hydrogen economy as it is today. There is a lot of R&D going on in this space, and don't forget that renewable energy can be used to generate hydrogen. This can bridge the issues with the intermittency of renewables like wind and solar power, since the generated hydrogen can be a good energy store. As such, I don't believe that if and when the transition to Hydrogen occurs, that prices will be what they are today, but much lower.

Слава Україні!

12 hours ago, Since u r here said:

all green transition is a must w/o qn asked

ALL? What if they are not well thought through technically? The government has a lot of strange ideas, that don't really work, including trying to sequester carbon dioxide by pumping it into sea water...

Слава Україні!

Our carbon footprint ends with us. That is our contribution to mother earth. We don't breed, give birth to more parasites that continuously consume earth resources. 

We have done our part, IMO.

I will use my share, my son share, my grand children share of this fucking resources. 

End of story. 

Let those who says GAY ppl will make Mankind extinct save this planet. I don't give a HOOT.

• 1 month later...
Guest Overpopulated
On 11/15/2022 at 7:30 PM, Ironrod said:

Our carbon footprint ends with us. That is our contribution to mother earth. We don't breed, give birth to more parasites that continuously consume earth resources. 

We have done our part, IMO.

I will use my share, my son share, my grand children share of this fucking resources. 

End of story. 

Let those who says GAY ppl will make Mankind extinct save this planet. I don't give a HOOT.

Well said.

With homosexuality, human population is already exploding and resources is getting scarce. Just imagine this world without homosexuals.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.