Male HQ

All about Covid-19 Discussion in Singapore (compiled)

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Looking at the dormitory spread, I wonder what will happen if Ong Ye Tung didn't make a u-turn on his initial plans of keeping the schools opened, using his excuse of the vulnerable students needing a place to find food.... 😓 😓 😓 Really goes to show that the government wasn't taking the situation seriously enough, even as late as March. 

10 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

over confident and complacency from the start, now can only do catching up but we are talking about dormitory, just one day of 447 cases is more than the 395 cases in TW.  

Like that very difficult to end CB by 4/5.

Edited by Letsrelaxpp

Guest Guest
6 hours ago, Since u r here said:

Tks for explaining, sick and tired to ans some qns on such simple abbreviations, if every simple acronyms one faces issues too, then it is no wonder the world in a mess!!!!!

it is no rocket science!!! To easily guess from the context! Even if he or she is not a Singaporean

You yourself 语无伦次 all the time. You come up with your own version of the abbreviation. Don't scold anyone for not being able to understand you.

Only 38 are local transmission pls

kids need to b watch over and disciplined, now kids w needs are adv to have free meals and studies in school too!

full of praise https://www.zaobao.com.sg/zentertainment/celebs/story20200414-1045441

So what is this?? kids with needs are "ADVISED" to have free meals and studies in schools too?? "ADVANTAGED"?? "ADVANCED"??? You want to go post for only yourself to understand, don't post here. If people don't understand you, go blame yourself. Write also don't want to write in full words and invent your own abbreviation all over the place; think also don't want to think for yourself and just follow whatever the leaders say; Post also just cut and paste links everywhere.  This really just goes to show how LAZY you are.

Guest Guest
2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

The reason why Singapore did not have enough masks ......because of Taiwan’s fault 

First and foremost, I think those masks those masks in question are N95 masks, not surgical masks. During that time, the government was even discouraging people from wearing any type of masks, and N95 masks was not in vogue during that time.Yes, undeniably having more N95 masks can still help, but N95 mask was not even a topic of discussion at that point of time, until that stupid idiot went to open up a can of worms with her "Errrrr" stupid comment.  If she is really so concerned about her masks, why didn't she go and "Errrrrrr" when the PRC went to ship more than 160,000 mask back to China? THOSE were surgical masks, by the way.

Furthermore, is it really Taiwan's fault to look into its own self-preservation first. That's the basic fundamental notion of a nation. If you want to blame Taiwan for hoarding the mask, why don't you blame Singapore for making the mask there? Yes, the cost of making the mask in Singapore may be more expensive, so I guess that's the reason why the lines are built over there. But in that case, Singapore has reaped enough benefits for making the masks over there already. So when it comes to crisis like this, it is the Taiwanese's turn to reap THEIR benefits. We  only have ourselves to blame now and we should have kept that mask manufacturing line here all the way at the beginning. 

And finally, like I have said, it is the fundamental notion of a nation to look after its own citizens first. If you want to complain about Taiwan hoarding the masks, you wait till the situation gets even worse and every country starts hoarding their eggs, rice, vegetable etc. When that happens, lets see who will we blame then. 

Not every country will be willing to sell off its own citizens' benefits like letting companies get away with giving away jobs to other foreigners, and then sweeping the entire issue under the carpet as if it is not happening. 

Guest Guest
22 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

only a troublemaker will keep bickering over such simple stuff, this is On covid, not on language class - Last reminder

Who are you to issue any "last reminder" when you are the one to restart the bickering in the post below?? You think you what? 

Tks for explaining, sick and tired to ans some qns on such simple abbreviations, if every simple acronyms one faces issues too, then it is no wonder the world in a mess!!!!!

it is no rocket science!!! To easily guess from the context! Even if he or she is not a Singaporean

Don't start the fires which you cannot stop. Know when to quit. 

Guest Guest
Country,
Other
Total
Cases
New
Cases
Total
Deaths
New
Deaths
Total
Recovered
Active
Cases
Serious,
Critical
Tot Cases/
1M pop
Deaths/
1M pop
Total
Tests
Tests/
1M pop

Thailand 2,643   43   1,497 1,103 61 38 0.6 100,498 1,440

Taiwan 395   6   137 252   17 0.3 49,748 2,089

Singapore 3,699   10   652 3,037 29 632 2 72,680 12,423

Just in case anyone forgot our total numbers of infected, since the news are now just reporting the daily infections, and keeping the total tally quiet. 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/   Last updated: April 16, 2020, 00:54 GMT

31 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

And finally, like I have said, it is the fundamental notion of a nation to look after its own citizens first. If you want to complain about Taiwan hoarding the masks, you wait till the situation gets even worse and every country starts hoarding their eggs, rice, vegetable etc. When that happens, lets see who will we blame then. 

Already happening around the world,  major rice exporting countries already stop exporting,  panic buying seems to be back, eggs, canned food, biscuits shelves are either empty or half empty,  i think sporeans realised is better to be xia suay than not having enough food stuff. 

Guest Guest
18 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

Already happening around the world,  major rice exporting countries already stop exporting,  panic buying seems to be back, eggs, canned food, biscuits shelves are either empty or half empty,  i think sporeans realised is better to be xia suay than not having enough food stuff. 

Exactly .... and is she "errrrrr"ing anyone? I guess if she do that, Mr Xiasuay will really become promoted to be Mr LaoKui XiaSuay 

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, lonelyglobe said:

Vietnam is resuming rice exports, so that’s one area that hopefully will not be more problematic for us. Eggs are hard, I’ve been to 3 NTUC and most are left with organic eggs, really expensive, a lot of canned food is also out.

Guest Guest
2 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Eggs are hard, I’ve been to 3 NTUC and most are left with organic eggs,

can look for Eggmy Khor's "friend"... 

Amy Khor clarified why her deleted FB post featured 3 trays of ...

Guest Guest

Ho Ching's Facebook wrote:

Sg is an unusual country.

But maybe it’s bcos we are small -
we value trust and we understand we are in this together as one world.

First, we did not interdict any supplies.

3M has a plant here, and Singov dutifully put in their orders and line up like everybody else that 3M Singapore is supplying in Asia.

At the same time, Singov goes out to the world with various logistics companies to hunt for more N95 masks.

Meanwhile, Innosparks started its Air+ N95 mask production in Sg, while waiting for other countries to lift their export bans.

Second, we call our folks home from abroad when we saw cases spiking overseas. We are now paying a price for that call, bcos we underestimated the covid and used a sars lens.

We did take the precaution of home quarantine notices for returnees.
And only later did we require returnees to go hotel quarantine away from their own families. This means seepages of infection into our broader community. We are now discovering that there are a lot more asymptomatic covid cases. These will take longer than 2 weeks to clear their viral loads. So we have taken a clear circuit-breaker path to try to reduce community transmission.

What does the asymptomatic cases imply?
Data from China, and Korea, showed that many asymptomatic cases detected as part of broader screening remain asymptomatic till recovery. A minority of these are pre-symptomatic - these were asymptomatic when tested positive but developed symptoms later.

A good majority remained asymptomatic till they recovered.
This means we may have among our returnees from abroad during school holidays, and returning students , workers and families from abroad, some numbers pf asymptomatic cases quietly spreading among family and friends, especially after they finished their home stay notices or voluntary self quarantine.

At the end of such mandated isolation or voluntary isolation, many such asymptomatic and unknown/undetected cases would celebrate and pass on their viruses to friends and family.

The circuit breaker is an important reset to try to break this line of transmission from asymptomatic cases.But it also means that the 14 day incubation period is not sufficient unless we test people negative at the end of their 14 day self or mandated isolation.

At the same time, migrant workers in dorms live as a huge family, sharing kitchens, bathrooms, playing games and watching TV together.

So we are dealing with one huge hidden cluster.

One study on Influenza A showed that during the flu season, 50% of kitchens and wash basins swabbed positive for Influenza A virus.

Hey, guys, don’t rush to disinfect your kitchen counter tops with any alcohol based sanitiser.

That is asking for trouble, bcos 70% alcohol is highly flammable, and should not be used or stored near heat sources in kitchens, workshops, lighted cigarettes, etc.

For kitchens, consider using non alcohol disinfectants, which are food safe, non corrosive, and non flammable. For instance, BKC or other non flammable and food safe disinfectants are used in a number of food establishments.

For wash basins, we often brush teeth, gargle and spit out our mouth rinse.

Try doing this with a coloured mouthwash or gargle like Betadine. We can dilute this, swish around our mouth or gargle, and then spit it out as we would normally spit out a simple water swirl and rinse.

And look at the awful mess of splatter we make around the basin - all that brown stain spots and splashes!

Of course the Betadine is a mouthwash quality of disinfectant. A diluted form is good enough to destroy many respiratory viruses.

So the brown spots are probably where the viruses have ben destroyed.

But imagine if we were an asymptomatic caee, rinsing our mouth with plain water and spitting into the basin.

So perhaps we should wipe or spray our basins with diluted Betadine to see where we have properly wiped clean, much like the operating theatre nurse would coloured and disinfect a huge patch of skin woth povidine-iodine before surgery begins.

Povidine-iodine or PBP-I is the active ingredient in Betadine.

It is to be used with care bcos of the iodine active ingredient. It is not suitable for pregnant women, breastfeeding women, children below 6, and people with thyroid imbalances.

Even the Betadine sore throat spray is not recommended to be used for more than 14 days.

So PVP-I could be used say within 14 days of contact with a known covid patient, for 14 days, but not much more than that.

While PVP-I is tested to be effective against flu, SARS, and MERS, in lab conditions, i don’t know if using as a mouth gargle would help reduce the risk of infection - must go dig up more research studies on this.

But the heightened wash basin and kitchen surface contamination in communal kitchens and bathrooms may explain the current large cluster among our dorm migrant workers.

Keep safe folks - better to test and know and see the numbers, however large, and however uncomfortable the news, than to pretend all’s well.

Size is relative.

Instead of saying we are small, imo, we are more overcrowded. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

39 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

Video  in  Cantonese

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B_04fRi_2c

Gist: “One Singaporean minister was mocking Hongkongers for grabbing face masks (monkey see money do).  But the speaker says it is this that explains why despite a higher population compared to Sg, HK has much fewer cases of infections, unlike the people in Canada and others in the West who have a superiority complex and refused to put on masks.  He also says that if you see every Singaporean grabbing masks again, Hongkongers will remember what this minister has said.  And the moral of the story is:  Do not speak haughtily (䶪䶪) and put on airs because in the event you fail to avert disaster, people will talk about what you have said.”

I wonder how do they feel now?

Tell them not to be too confident and arrogant. Don't take things for granted!

Do not laugh or comment on other countries in times of critical situations.

Now singkieland is a laughing stock to some other countries!

3 hours ago, mate69 said:

Think CB will extend till end-May at the earliest.

Or maybe the authorities should just do a "hard" CB till end-June,

to get the cases come down once and for all.

CB will become CCB.

Continued Circuit Breaker.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest guessing game
16 hours ago, Since u r here said:

Sorry, but what you are doing is torture. 

You are the only one using such "Pidgin" English here. You can write this abbreviated language with your friends on whatsapp but spare us here. 

You are not writing 5000 words in each of your posts, for your simple sentences there is no need to use any abbreviations and you won't save any time for yourself, but save us the time to start guessing. 

1 hour ago, Since u r here said:

Relapse is alwys possible

What is the purpose of just leaving one single letter out of the word "always"? 

Or shall your posts be a Guessing game? 

Maybe some are sick and tired of reading your Pidgin English abbreviated words, in particular when you post so much at all different sections here. 

I am not the one who critics you on your "copy and paste" as above or is often hitting at you but someone totally different. 

You write one sentence mostly in your post, for such little content in your sentences you can write the complete words and stop abbreviating them.

Please note on certain browsers your posted pictures or links are not visible (like Firefox), then mostly your abbreviated posts don't make sense. 

It is a recommendation. It shall make your posts "user" friendlier and better understandable to the readers here. What does it serve if people have to start guessing first? 

Guest Guest
2 minutes ago, Guest strenuous outdoor said:

So guys, please wear a mask if you have outdoor sex! 

Why....? According to the chart, static exercises and drills for warm-ups, strength and flexibility not supposed to need masks ...

3 hours ago, fab said:

CB will become CCB.

As mentioned, future on and off CCB will become NNBCCB and then KNNBCCB.  Smart  Alec please give some good names

Guest Guest
7 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

spacer.png

Gold standards....? Shame other countries for hoarding food ...? Pick fights with people donating masks to us .....? 

撤回斗图表情包(史上最全版)  你怕丢脸吗,丢脸会让你老羞成怒吗- 每日头条 S

25 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Why am I not surprised that the government will pin the blame on any possible extension of the circuit breakers on Singaporeans? https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-circuit-breaker-mask-enforcement-masagos-coronavirus-12649274

No LA... When he say complacency as the number of COVID-19 cases continues to grow, he is actually telling to ah Wong,  ah gan and ah teo, not obedient people like us. 

Guest Guest
1 minute ago, lonelyglobe said:

No LA... When he say complacency as the number of COVID-19 cases continues to grow, he is actually telling to ah Wong,  ah gan and ah teo, not obedient people like us. 

No leh ... he said this “A 28-day "circuit breaker" may not be enough if Singaporeans continue to flout measures put in place to stem the spread of COVID-19, said Environment and Water Resources Minister Masagos Zulkifli on Thursday (Apr 16)."    https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-circuit-breaker-mask-enforcement-masagos-coronavirus-12649274

Unless he meant those PAP MPs running around like those people mentioned in this article?  https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2020/04/16/dr-chia-shi-lu-isnt-the-only-pap-mp-who-has-walked-the-ground-since-circuit-breaker-measures-were-announced/

1 minute ago, Guest Guest said:

No leh ... he said this “A 28-day "circuit breaker" may not be enough if Singaporeans continue to flout measures put in place to stem the spread of COVID-19, said Environment and Water Resources Minister Masagos Zulkifli on Thursday (Apr 16)."    https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-circuit-breaker-mask-enforcement-masagos-coronavirus-12649274

Unless he meant those PAP MPs running around like those people mentioned in this article?  https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2020/04/16/dr-chia-shi-lu-isnt-the-only-pap-mp-who-has-walked-the-ground-since-circuit-breaker-measures-were-announced/

Sometimes things cannot say too clear LA,  u know, I know,  everyone know can already. 

Guest Guest
6 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

fake news leh... How can 12pm know how many confirmed caaes? But figure still not out so probably another record breaking day,  scary.... 

There must always be a cut off point, after which remaining time is try to obtain as much data as possible for the spreadsheet.

Guest Guest
22 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

fake news leh... How can 12pm know how many confirmed caaes? But figure still not out so probably another record breaking day,  scary.... 

This means there are maybe even more cases coming in today after the 12 noon timeline. In other words, expect the number of either tomorrow or the day after, to snowball past 1000 infections in a single day. 

Guest repeat
5 hours ago, fab said:

CB will become CCB.

In my opinion they will call the extension:

"Enhanced circuit breaker"

12 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

This means there are maybe even more cases coming in today after the 12 noon timeline. In other words, expect the number of either tomorrow or the day after, to snowball past 1000 infections in a single day. 

Yes,  now is only 19 clusters out of the 43 dormitories......we really don't want to win Japan or SK leh.

Guest Guest
9 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

wow really leh,  how to get so updated new hah or is this consider a leak of info,  even 10pm news also dont have leh. 

No la... .What the article was saying is the number of newly infected as at 12 noon today was 728 cases.

This 728 number does not include those results that came in after 12 noon today. 

I think the number is so overwhelmingly huge that they don't even have enough time to compile the full day data yet. 

The report was only released very late after 11pm. 

So expect an even bigger number within the next few days, when the numbers from today after 12 noon, snowball into the next few day's numbers. 

25 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

Yes,  now is only 19 clusters out of the 43 dormitories......we really don't want to win Japan or SK leh.

This is not an Olympic!

This is a pandemic!

Don't try to out win one another.

A city that always like to boast n be the best or be number 1!

Don't know how are they going to house all these patients as the cases are already overwhelmed.

Pity the healthcare workers!

Edited by jlone

• G_M locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic