Male HQ

How can Singaporeans afford Netflix subscription?

Guest Eden

My Singaporean friend is too frugal. He will not spend unlesss necessary. Bur he told me most of his friends back home loves watching netflix. I know it is a bit expensive but how can they afford the subscription?

7 hours ago, Guest Eden said:

My Singaporean friend is too frugal. He will not spend unlesss necessary. Bur he told me most of his friends back home loves watching netflix. I know it is a bit expensive but how can they afford the subscription?

Singaporeans cannot afford Netflix but they can afford fiber broadband subscriptions, post paid mobile phone subscriptions, and for some, expensive monthly gym memberships.

7 hours ago, Guest Eden said:

R you sure he is a Singaporean?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

If I m not wrong, only about sgd 17 a month.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest iku iku ikuuuuu

There are some old movies on youtube that you can watch for free but with ads or broken up into 4 separate clips or with russian subtitles, or spanish language ,  

Netflix, i really dont have time to sit thru a full movie, 

Keep working and saving for one day , i might become redundant in my wirk place, so better keep working and scrimp and dont watch netflix, 

Guest yoyoyoyoyo

HAHAHA maybe some can afford too, though i remember dating a Singaporean guy, after our first date where he pay for our bowl of noodles for 5 sgd he clearly say his treat, but after we part ways he dont feel things will work out, he ask me if i can pay him back the 5sgd HAHAHAHAHAH :P

On 1/7/2020 at 8:26 PM, Guest yoyoyoyoyo said:

HAHAHA maybe some can afford too, though i remember dating a Singaporean guy, after our first date where he pay for our bowl of noodles for 5 sgd he clearly say his treat, but after we part ways he dont feel things will work out, he ask me if i can pay him back the 5sgd HAHAHAHAHAH :P

Be a good man and pay him back the 5 sgd.  He may need them more than you do.

I have a subscription to Amazon's Prime  (because I buy a lot of stuff from them)

They offer free movies, without commercials or other stuff,  many more gay ones than I am willing to watch.

Recently I started watching their old episodes of "Murder she Wrote"  when I want to kill time.

Guest Research
20 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I have a subscription to Amazon's Prime  (because I buy a lot of stuff from them)

They offer free movies, without commercials or other stuff,  many more gay ones than I am willing to watch.

Recently I started watching their old episodes of "Murder she Wrote"  when I want to kill time.

Since when Murder She Wrote is a gay-theme tv show?

• 3 months later...

netflix subscription is paid through your broadband acct, right? i got home broadband from M1, my TV already got netflix, i just register through there, and my monthly subscription bill will come in my M1 monthly bill, correct?

Netflix allowed up to 4 accounts to login. So 4 persons can share the cost. This seems affordable. 

17 hours ago, mith said:

netflix subscription is paid through your broadband acct, right? i got home broadband from M1, my TV already got netflix, i just register through there, and my monthly subscription bill will come in my M1 monthly bill, correct?

Don't worry, when you need to pay, they will contact you.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Mary
On 1/7/2020 at 12:04 AM, Guest Eden said:

Dont ask stupid question can 

If one can afford big tix items like Condo and Car , they can 
If not big tix, we have small items like a LV wallet , 600 or a reasonable good watch Omega 3000.... or a fine dining 150 per head , 
THEY CAN AFFORD NETFLIX monthly subscription , it is NOT monthly car loan of $2250 like my case 

Come out with something reasonable in SG context ....we are not Cambodia or some 3rd world 

Guest Try and see

I interpret your post as either:

i) Your S'porean friend has Asian FT friends in SG who all have Netflix in their home countries; or

ii) Your S'pore friend has other local friends who all have Netflix at home

I think it's more likely the first one, since you used the term "back home" instead of "at home", which would be more likely the case if you meant the second scenario.

So for (i), I'm guessing Netflix is a lot cheaper in countries like Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, and India, maybe? (S'pore's online services are notoriously expensive in comparison.)

And as others have said, they likely share with their friends so they each pay even less.

Guest Try and see
1 minute ago, Guest Try and see said:

I interpret your post as either:

i) Your S'porean friend has Asian FT friends in SG who all have Netflix in their home countries; or

ii) Your S'pore friend has other local friends who all have Netflix at home

I think it's more likely the first one, since you used the term "back home" instead of "at home", which would be more likely the case if you meant the second scenario.

So for (i), I'm guessing Netflix is a lot cheaper in countries like Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, and India, maybe? (S'pore's online services are notoriously expensive in comparison.)

And as others have said, they likely share with their friends so they each pay even less.

Oh, just saw your thread topic so you are referring to (ii).

They share, I guess. It's a pretty common practice.

Guest too confusing

For myself, Netflix offers too many channels. I find it confusing. I would not subscribe to Netflix, because in the end would not watch much.

My office rented a service apartment in KL, when our company has a project there and it came with Netflix. I spent nearly a month at that apartment.

I needed plenty of time to run through the programs and to decide what exactly to watch. Even if you check on the "tv" program it is quite annoying and not detailed.

netflix seems to be something for people who like to watch series, just like the old times, when we watched "desperate housewives" or "Queer as folk" .

But in the end I gave up on Netflix, because I spent more time in zapping through all channels and make up my mind on what to watch.

Guest Millionaire

We are rich ok.....what is Netflix? It is not a measurement for wealth but v v v v basic needs.  No Netflix is a shame punishable by death.

Handphone bill must at least be in hundreds, otherwise I don't friend the person. V shameful

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just xxx download or used 3rd party apps. It is free. So far so good. Why need to pay? 

If you free, go play around with 3rd party apps not on your store. you be surprised what you can find...more for android. 

For iphone a bit tricky but if you know you know how to bypass you can download anything. 

🥂

I gave up on local cable service as I don't watch majority of the shows and switched entirely to streaming services for my entertainment. :) 

On 8/17/2021 at 2:05 PM, Neh Neh said:

AppleTv, Netflix and Disney+ which one better and worth to subscribe?

I actually think HBO Max by far has the best value. All the new movies are out on the streaming service on the same day as theatrical release and you don't have to pay the US$29.99 like Disney+ to view their new releases. So if you watch at least 1 movie a month and then some, the HBO Max service pays for itself. 

Netflix has the most content and I like it for its international flavour. You get a lot of foreign TV shows etc. 

Disney+ is nice for their Loki and Star Wars spin off tv series. Other than that, all the new Disney movies you have to pay to watch now or wait 4 months I think after theatrical release to watch it as part of the service. 

AppleTV has no real compelling programming at the moment to me but they have some nice documentaries. 

Love. 

without spending a penny : try fmovies.to and you can watch all Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBO, AppleTV shows and all the free TV US series,  current and old films

I'm really turned-on if both heads (the head above and the head below) are both functioning well

https://asianguysgonewild.newtumbl.com

https://linktr.ee/riverrobles  

WQPofyr.jpg

• 3 months later...

I recently received notification that my subscription will increase to 25sgd. For me that is already expensive. How that someone can share subscription for half the price.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.