Male HQ

Savgs, CPF, FD, investments eg govt bills, bonds, forex, Reits, robo esp LT retiremt

41 minutes ago, sg indian here said:

I had my CPF money invest in CHINA GROWTH FUND under CPF nomination scheme ....brought it at $2.2 years ago now it is at $4.5.

Jan 15 ,when Trump goes CHINA. hopefully it's good..

Good move, anything in china- shdnt score too bad(although many haters of china)

but remember to diversify too, dont place your eggs only on one basket of china

which china growth fund?? By uob or shroders ??

13 hours ago, Since u r here said:

Good move, anything in china- shdnt score too bad(although many haters of china)

but remember to diversify too, dont place your eggs only on one basket of china

which china growth fund?? By uob or shroders ??

By POSB bank.

FIRST STATE GLOBAL GROWTH FUNDS (SINGAPORE UNIT TRUST / AUTHORIZED SCHEME)

FSSA INVESTMENT MANAGERS

AIA

Also I brought INDIA GROWTH FUNDS!

But both are long term investments!

Hopefully there people in here to share update and advice. 

Thanks 

Edited by sg indian here

31 minutes ago, sg indian here said:

By POSB bank.

FIRST STATE GLOBAL GROWTH FUNDS (SINGAPORE UNIT TRUST / AUTHORIZED SCHEME)

FSSA INVESTMENT MANAGERS

AIA

Also I brought INDIA GROWTH FUNDS!

But both are long term investments!

Hopefully there people in here to share update and advice. 

Thanks 

oh first state, strong and good investmt firm

but AIA? oooops

1. Sorry to be pouring cold-water on such a topic now.

2. For folks who don't know what is investment and want to make some easy money just because everyone is doing it, don't fall for the "Greed Trap". Invest only what you can afford to lose.

3. Financial Market moves in cycles,  people are telling me that we are probably in the Thrill-Euphoria stage now in the graph below.

spacer.png

https://fifthperson.com/psychology-market-cycles/

yes! indeed hence need to tread with Caution !!!

All r rushing into bitcoins!! all!!!!!!!!! o dear, even F&B staff were all chatting that they bought 1 units happily during their breaks 

nevermind about that ....do u know why MAS have not considered monitoring bitcoins??? it is very obvious

which is why i m in support of China funds
but not to forget our homeland

See where r the rich investors investing into:  but u could choose not to believe

india, korea? i still have my reservations!
the Sg reits are moving by the way only after mid Jan again (even though it is alrdy extremely high NOW)

i dont think financial institutions looked into Aust/Jp much

many thought that attending financial/investment talks means understanding more
it should be learning from such useful documentaries
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/video-on-demand/conversation-with/prof-zhang-qingmin-peking-university-11215288

in fact, China is holding the majority of US treasury bills, yet many are so timid about the trade war , in the very first place China has never coined it as "trade war" in china itself

dont ever let anyone hold your nose, NOT even your consultants or brokers, NEVER!
Follow my Ds, Not diversification hor
Diligently Readup research and do your homewk most imptly! & then digest before u decide! then Diversified , and if possible Defied what the norms and the copycats are doing
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/video-on-demand/money-mind/investment-outlook-forum-2020-12236636

Nothing is a guarantee in this world

Olivia Lum is an utter disgrace and sucker of $ if u have been following 

关于顾问费的计算法和分配,凯发至今一声不吭,既没否认也没解释,这样的态度让散户火冒三丈。有许多散户透过证投协会表达意愿,若凯发无法合理解释这笔巨额顾问费,他们将投票反对重组计划,宁可凯发破产,一分钱也不要
i will never forget she was slimmer and stripped for bikini pose for her calendar! poster 
and now rounder in face

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/hyflux-in-hot-water-6-things-about-embattled-ceo-olivia-lum

as an expert doesnt mean u wil have no risks, but at least u know where u r ! i m sorry i didnt score full marks(i m not a financial planner or banker hor), and some qns i spent years repeat reading the qns 1000 times before attempting it randomly so some are pure guesses!!! How about your scores????? care to share? very latest and good to attempt: to have a feel, dont be shy!
if u score 7/10 is good enough

http://interactive.zaobao.com/2019/financial-planning-quiz/?fbclid=IwAR0Gg3dl8EqTjoMZRNbiZZkJ8BmxFBaPzF1W3yPLNLtABda_ATFJEe0wjeQ image.png.86ee33e01effeb913a5fbeb8de78762c.png

taking stock of your OWN finances, that means spending wisely in daily life, some said sticking to the existing Powersupplies and not changing is the best move woh : so silly
https://www.moneysense.gov.sg/articles/2018/11/taking-stock-of-your-finances?fbclid=IwAR0Z9z27G7eYeoCjlMovWHrQyby7gKLw-0eTBYzy68vaCV2_mRjMI9ybMyo

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/19/94-percent-of-americans-failed-this-financial-literacy-quiz.html

Investor Alert List provides a list of unregulated persons who, based on information received by MAS, may have been wrongly perceived as being licensed or regulated by MAS. This list is not exhaustive and is based on what was known to MAS at the time of publication.
https://www.mas.gov.sg/investor-alert-list

many of u esp those above 50yo! assumed that by stating in your will, your CPF means it will be inherited by your loved ones when  u r gone!! dont b silly

no one done the survey abv?
image.thumb.png.1a728040c6e91cacd49424fe74262d92.pnghttps://www.sc.com/retail/mce/index.html?#/landing?lang=en&ctry=SG&channel=PLRB&sapp=PUB&requestId=fb2ac78a-d4ab-470e-aea7-3f091722e54b
https://www.sc.com/retail/mce/index.html?#/details?lang=en&ctry=SG&channel=PLRB&sapp=PUB&requestId=c5084671-f9dd-4a60-bea9-f8d6c8f83c95
https://www.sc.com/retail/mce/index.html?#/landing?requestId=c91df770-b3ae-4e84-a774-6385e88a5c1c

Multi-Asset – at a glance

17 DECEMBER 2019

OVERWEIGHT

• In 2020, our central scenario of stabilising global growth and subdued inflation should support pro-growth assets. Income assets should continue to be cushioned by low yields and accommodative monetary policy globally.
  • Against this backdrop, we add risk asset exposure moderately to global/Asia-focused balanced and global multi-asset income allocations. Both strategies are expected to deliver positive total returns in the next 12 months.
  • Our proposed multi-asset income allocation currently yields 4.3% compared to 5.1% at the start of 2019 as yields on offer have dropped significantly, suggesting that income expectations should be adjusted downward.

• 3 weeks later...

Feel free to post any qns here, if i m unclear i will say so, if the qns r off-limits i wil Tell u too!

there is no need to Pm me as i m not a banker or a consultant...

if u only pm me, the rest of members cannot even bene from it.

reason why such a thread is created is cos sharing has to be generous! not on threads on sex and sex, no1 in bw shared generously bsides spreading hatred and discussing non-related matters

Reason why i shared the qns/survey is to have a good gauge of your level, so that wont b sharing deep content according to your lev of understanding

just sharin nia

OCBC, UOB and Sembcorp reported their financial results this morning, in case u bought?

OCBC: Singapore’s second largest bank upped its dividend payout as it turned in stronger profits, but flagged a weaker-than-expected outlook for the global economy.

http://bit.ly/2uTGWgz

UOB: United Overseas Bank's Q4 net profit rose 10 per cent, thanks to growth in net interest income and trading and investment income.

http://bit.ly/2T335B2

Sembcorp: The conglomerate sank into the red with a net loss of S$15 million for Q4, dragged by lower revenue from its energy and marine segments.

http://bit.ly/2VbuOSv

how has it impact China economy esp ?

Stashaway mentioned "  it’s difficult to predict the magnitude of the virus’ impact on the Chinese economy. But, with China upping stimulus measures, and with manufacturing production gradually resuming across China, we believe that the virus’ outbreak won’t derail China’s economic recovery, but may delay it slightly."
https://www.stashaway.sg/r/china-ups-economic-stimulus-in-face-of-epidemic?utm_source=emarsys&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=SG-Manual-Branded-20200218-CIONewsletterFebruary2020

On 2/21/2020 at 10:45 AM, Since u r here said:

Thats why I have no faith in sg govt bonds. Ever since lky is gone, singapore is on a downward spirall. Everywhere is catching up or even surpassed singapore! 

Singapore is no longer the biggest economy in SE Asia! Indonesia and Malaysia's economy is already bigger than Sg's! Sg is now 4th. Even pinoy land is catching up fast! Sg had $362Billion vs Pinoy $354Billion! Pinoy will surpass sg soon! Even Vietnam is just $100billion smaller than SG, at rate Vietnam is growing, sg will be lag behind!! Singapore is fast becoming the pooreat in SE Asia!!! 

And also, so many people had said our govt lost many billions through bad investments!

I will not invest in singapore!

4 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Thats why I have no faith in sg govt bonds. Ever since lky is gone, singapore is on a downward spirall. Everywhere is catching up or even surpassed singapore! 

Singapore is no longer the biggest economy in SE Asia! Indonesia and Malaysia's economy is already bigger than Sg's! Sg is now 4th. Even pinoy land is catching up fast! Sg had $362Billion vs Pinoy $354Billion! Pinoy will surpass sg soon! Even Vietnam is just $100billion smaller than SG, at rate Vietnam is growing, sg will be lag behind!! Singapore is fast becoming the pooreat in SE Asia!!! 

And also, so many people had said our govt lost many billions through bad investments!

i felt govt bonds are "too safe " - more for risk appetite Smaller 
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2019/12/asia-economic-growth/
like what this article mentioned: 
Meanwhile, Indonesia, the Philippines and Malaysia are set to grow their labour forces significantly, leading to a rise in per-capita disposable income. The rapidly advancing digital economy in the region will provide additional access to the previously unserved and deliver on consumer demands for convenience and efficiency. but these SEAsian ctries (incld THailand) has more natural resources, sg dont have that

most importantly: 

Different countries, different prospects! (the article themed it)
 i disagree that sg bonds sucks... it is a earmark for safe and governance

and although China’s ageing population will negatively impact the population dividend, but rising wages, urban migration, service jobs and an anticipated drop in household savings rates will boost consumption. India’s massive demographic dividend and burgeoning middle class will spur consumption and aid economic growth.

i usually looked only @ %s , china usually hovering @ 6%  and USA, the superpower only has it at 2%
india up and rising too, while jp in deflation is still able to get close to 1%

responsive_large_ilTAcprOvGa3GDbEy8ww2lk

Edited by Since u r here

2 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

34 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

Meanwhile, Indonesia, the Philippines and Malaysia are set to grow their labour forces significantly, leading to a rise in per-capita disposable income. The rapidly advancing digital economy in the region will provide additional access to the previously unserved and deliver on consumer demands for convenience and efficiency. but these SEAsian ctries (incld THailand) has more natural resources, sg dont have that

most importantly: 

and although China’s ageing population will negatively impact the population dividend, but rising wages, urban migration, service jobs and an anticipated drop in household savings rates will boost consumption. India’s massive demographic dividend and burgeoning middle class will spur consumption and aid economic growth.

i usually looked only @ %s , china usually hovering @ 6%  and USA, the superpower only has it at 2%

Please be carefull about China. This Wuhan Virus had already greatly weaken China. It showed the world China's inability and how incapable their country's leadership is. They had failed to contain this virus, same goes to Singapore.

These failures are significant as it show how slow the governments of SG and China reacts to sitiations. Unlike the governmentd of Malaysia and Indonesia which has limited exposure to wuhan virus because of policies it has to quickly contain and eliminate outside import of such virus. It show the whole world how capable these 2 countries are. I will invest in Malaysia and Indonesia!

42 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

most importantly: 

I also predict china will never recover economically because of wuhan virus. Their image and Xi's poor leadership has shown giany cracks. People are loosing confidence in China by the masses. If I were companies like Apple, i will cut my losses and pull out all business from China asap. People are avoiding china products like a plague now.

I first started equity investment - broke my virginity buying SMRT shares back in Uni days - before moving on to peer-to-peer lending through platforms like Funding Societies and CoAssets. Nowadays, I'm invest in private bond issuance (have a lot of friends in business) which generally pay 8%-12%. 

Anyone does forex?

unless highly potential co. , if not why a pte bond ? no ratings issued usually

Finally, private-placement issuers could be forced to take extra steps to cater to their investors. For example, potential investors might demand additional equity from issuers or impose other such stipulations in exchange for their investment dollars. Although an issuer who offered the bonds through private placement can still seek a listing on SGX.
Private placement offers made to no more than 50 persons, hence the amount of the bond figure may be what a normal investor can afford.

i  m not sure where to have access to pte bonds in sg too https://dollarsandsense.sg/complete-guide-investing-corporate-bonds-singapore/

30 minutes ago, Zerosum said:

I first started equity investment - broke my virginity buying SMRT shares back in Uni days - before moving on to peer-to-peer lending through platforms like Funding Societies and CoAssets. Nowadays, I'm invest in private bond issuance (have a lot of friends in business) which generally pay 8%-12%. 

Anyone does forex?

I hope nobody buys shares like hyflux and breadtalk??

how he roti prata and pretend: https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/opinion/by-george-breadtalks-off-the-shelf

highly dislike them esp Their items are exorbitant plus hearing  excuses that contributing factors such as wider losses at its bakery business in China and Thailand, losses at its fourth division due to a challenging operating environment, as well as the impact of the Hong Kong protests on the financial performance of its bakery and food atrium divisions in the former British colony.
(See: BreadTalk Group to sink into the red for FY2019)
The group also hit the headlines due to the spate of resignations by key executive figures including CEO Henry Chu, as well as CFO and CIO Chan Ying Jian. 
(See: BreadTalk's finance and investment chief quits just weeks after group warns of FY2019 net loss)

As a well-known brand, BreadTalk was an easy target for criticism over social media when its marketing and promotional activities went wrong. they themselves tried to cheat by claiming fresh soy bean!

The company has been aggressively expanding over the years. Its most recent venture saw it take over food court operator Food Junction for $80 million in September last year.

Sad to know Songfa’s is theirs too:

in FY2019 as the group commenced Song Fa Bak Kut Teh operations in Beijing, Guangzhou and Bangkok, as well as deepened its presence in Shanghai. However, BreadTalk says that the division had not only incurred start-up costs for new outlets, but had also experienced below expectation performance in certain outlets. Some didnt welcome the acq of food junctions...Even though,

BreadTalk’s food atrium division saw its revenue grow 5.3% y-o-y to $165.3 million following the consolidation of the Food Junction financials from November 1 2019.

Edited by Since u r here

2 hours ago, gstringuy26 said:

What's your take on Alibaba HK and Starhub?

Both are doomed.

Alibaba because it is a chinese company. China will never recover from the caronavirus. This virus will continue to plague china for a long time. The country will be pushed backwards. Also the chinese way of business cannot be sustained. 

Starhub? Self explained as its a Singaporean company. Singapore is well lnown to be no innovation and book smart. I predict growth will be there but at a very very slow rate. Also the caronavirus has hit singapore a major punch in the gut. I doubt singapore will not recover fast. Growth around sg is very fast..singapore is no longer the richest country in SE Asia...indonesia, malaysia, thailand are already richer than singapore..even pinoy land is just $10B shy from singapore and will be richer than SG very soon. Still want to invest in StarHub? I rather you set up a maid agency in manila as Singaporeans will go manila as domestic helpers soon.

On 2/26/2020 at 11:40 AM, gstringuy26 said:

What's your take on Alibaba HK and Starhub?

Both are doomed.

Alibaba because it is a chinese company. China will never recover from the caronavirus. This virus will continue to plague china for a long time. The country will be pushed backwards. Also the chinese way of business cannot be sustained. 

Starhub? Self explained as its a Singaporean company. Singapore is well lnown to be no innovation and book smart. I predict growth will be there but at a very very slow rate. Also the caronavirus has hit singapore a major punch in the gut. I doubt singapore will not recover fast. Growth around sg is very fast..singapore is no longer the richest country in SE Asia...indonesia, malaysia, thailand are already richer than singapore..even pinoy land is just $10B shy from singapore and will be richer than SG very soon. Still want to invest in StarHub? I rather you set up a maid agency in manila as Singaporeans will go manila as domestic helpers soon.

7 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Both are doomed.

Sounds very bad...I think it will recover, like the SARS and H1N1 period but takes some time? 

39 minutes ago, gstringuy26 said:

Sounds very bad...I think it will recover, like the SARS and H1N1 period but takes some time? 

Trust in China is destroyed. I will strongly advise the liked of tim cook and fellow businessmen to pull out of china asap. 

The markets are just reacting to the spreading COVID-19

With new COVID-19 cases now cropping up in the US, Japan, Korea, and parts of Europe, investors are understandably worried that the widespread disruption to global trade could be forceful enough to cause a large-scale impact on global growth. So, the markets are reacting to these fears about the economy, even though economic indicators have not substantiated any of these fears. 

Compounding to that fear, the threat of the virus feels more imminent and direct to the health and safety of the everyday individual. This heightened level of uncertainty can cause even the most reasonable investor to act emotionally. We started the year with the markets breaking new highs and investors took it as an opportunity to jump onto the bandwagon. But these investors who jumped onto the bandwagon are also more sensitive to negative newsflows. So it makes sense that in our current heightened state of uncertainty, emotional investors are prone to panic-selling, which causes a correction, such as the one we’re seeing now. But remember, corrections are common, even in a bull market; it’s a way for the market to flush out bad behaviour, such as overconfidence and FOMO (fear of missing out) and move forward more sustainably. This is the sixth correction in this current bull market! 

China seems to be recovering

As expected, analysts cut economic growth forecasts for China for the first quarter of 2020 because production was halted throughout most of February while China battled to contain the outbreak. China seems to be recovering from this setback: Over the last several days, the recovery rate of infections has been exceeding the number of new infections reported in China. China has also resumed business, and the Chinese government continues to prop up growth with further economic stimuli. 

Central banks are prepared to provide economic stimuli in the face of COVID-19

Past pandemics have had only short-lived effects on the markets

When the virus first broke out in China, we analysed the impact of such an outbreak on the markets from past epidemics. Specifically, we looked at global markets’ performance, proxied by the MSCI World Equity Index, in the months that followed the first reports of a virus or disease. While some epidemics did spark a market correction (which is what we are witnessing now), their impacts tended to be short-lived: with drawdowns lasting less than 2 months. The HIV/AIDS pandemic in 1981 was the exception with 5.1 months of market impact. Some may argue that COVID-19 is different than all previous outbreaks because the world is a lot more interconnected (think: now we have a global supply chain). 

Don’t be your money’s enemy

There aren’t many more devastating things you can do to your investments than to get out of the market when the market takes a dip, no matter what caused the dip. The market never stays down. It will come back up, if you take it out, your money won’t be there to reap those rewards. Provided your Investments are optimised to withstand these drawdowns. 

In December 2018, most went through the deepest correction in the last 10 years, but if u were to maintain your investments and investment plan as they were: the clients who listened were immensely rewarded in 2019 when the market swiftly recovered. 

keep a portfolio of eggs and not just shares

• 2 weeks later...
  • Since u r here changed the title to Savgs, CPF, FD, investments eg govt bills, bonds, forex, Reits, robo esp LT retiremt
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

counter