Male HQ

After exercise pictures V2

jotatsu

15 minutes ago, FattChoy said:

With words like 'choices', 'sustainable', 'regime', 'shed', 'maintaining', 'marathon not a sprint', 'not in the mood to workout', I wonder if you really enjoy working out.  

Maybe I'm wrong, but I notice that people who are positively crazy about working out use phrases like 'can't wait to workout', 'my body is my temple', 'miss the gym so much', 'sweet soreness from hypertrophy after 2 hours of solid workout', 'have to make with do lifting at home', 'muscle gains', 'lifting more than last week', 'feeling great after gym'

What I had shared is based on my personal journey and experiences.

'started with eating healthier food choices' - there are plenty of healthy food choice in the market, namely, quinoa, brown rice, protein bar etc... I tried some but I can't keep eating these healthy food for long because I'm craving for normal delish food. My way of eating healthier food is to control my meal portion, to have 2 vege, 1 meat and rice or noodle with less or no gravy. I keep my meal portion to 25% rice, 25% meat and 50% vege.

With the above 'regime', I am able to 'sustain' my way of eating for the past 4 years. Yes, I do indulge in eating other less healthier food like roti prata, cheese cake, pastas.. But with controlled portion, mostly.

Change your way of life to something that you can carry on longer. Adopt an exercise routine that you can follow through longterm. I tried gym and lasted for a year plus... I tried swimming but there's a lot of distraction at the pool. Now, I pick up cycling and Spin Classes, hopefully, this exercise will last longer as part of my life. 

'Not in the mood' does happens in almost everything that I do... Even at work.. But when you are no mood to work, if it is not excessive, it doesn't affect your pay. But if you are not in the mood to exercise, just skipping 1 session, it might affect your progress. 

Yes, losing weight and be healthier is a marathon not a sprint as the result is not immediate.

The last paragraph of your comment, right now, I don't feel like that so much as my goals, as of now, are not as intense as the other guys. Perhaps, once I am motivated and I want to achieve more at a shorter time, then I will add more intensity to my cycling and will cycle and attend Spin classes more days, weekly, or even daily.

As of now, I'm doing it at a pace that I'm comfortable with. Yes, I do miss something is missing if I didn't cycle on the days that I'm supposed to cycle.

And yes, if I do see my weight goes up, I will review of the food and the physical activities that I had/did the past day and I tweak them.

FYI, I stand on the weighing scale every morning, after shower, to chart my weight.

If I cant feel it, I aint faking it

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, TamPenis said:

What I had shared is based on my personal journey and experiences.

'started with eating healthier food choices' - there are plenty of healthy food choice in the market, namely, quinoa, brown rice, protein bar etc... I tried some but I can't keep eating these healthy food for long because I'm craving for normal delish food. My way of eating healthier food is to control my meal portion, to have 2 vege, 1 meat and rice or noodle with less or no gravy. I keep my meal portion to 25% rice, 25% meat and 50% vege.

With the above 'regime', I am able to 'sustain' my way of eating for the past 4 years. Yes, I do indulge in eating other less healthier food like roti prata, cheese cake, pastas.. But with controlled portion, mostly.

Change your way of life to something that you can carry on longer. Adopt an exercise routine that you can follow through longterm. I tried gym and lasted for a year plus... I tried swimming but there's a lot of distraction at the pool. Now, I pick up cycling and Spin Classes, hopefully, this exercise will last longer as part of my life. 

'Not in the mood' does happens in almost everything that I do... Even at work.. But when you are no mood to work, if it is not excessive, it doesn't affect your pay. But if you are not in the mood to exercise, just skipping 1 session, it might affect your progress. 

Yes, losing weight and be healthier is a marathon not a sprint as the result is not immediate.

The last paragraph of your comment, right now, I don't feel like that so much as my goals, as of now, are not as intense as the other guys. Perhaps, once I am motivated and I want to achieve more at a shorter time, then I will add more intensity to my cycling and will cycle and attend Spin classes more days, weekly, or even daily.

As of now, I'm doing it at a pace that I'm comfortable with. Yes, I do miss something is missing if I didn't cycle on the days that I'm supposed to cycle.

And yes, if I do see my weight goes up, I will review of the food and the physical activities that I had/did the past day and I tweak them.

FYI, I stand on the weighing scale every morning, after shower, to chart my weight.

Dear Tampenis,

From my observations of my fat friends, I can say the biggest barrier to them being fit (other than failing to eat healthier) is perhaps their dislike/hatred towards working out.  They flat out hate lifting weights.  

Just to clarify, I'm not trying to 'throw shade' at your progress.  Rather, I noticed a pattern of phrases that you use which perhaps reflects your Inner feelings towards working out.  Fortunately, in our modern time, there's a diverse selection of exercises for working out, we just have to find out what they are.  I myself hate running, but love resistance exercises, swimming, yoga and martial arts, as well as racquet sports.  I'm glad you found that spinning is your cup of tea. Just don't do or force yourself to do the things you have less or no interest in.  

30 minutes ago, FattChoy said:

Dear Tampenis,

From my observations of my fat friends, I can say the biggest barrier to them being fit (other than failing to eat healthier) is perhaps their dislike/hatred towards working out.  They flat out hate lifting weights.  

Just to clarify, I'm not trying to 'throw shade' at your progress.  Rather, I noticed a pattern of phrases that you use which perhaps reflects your Inner feelings towards working out.  Fortunately, in our modern time, there's a diverse selection of exercises for working out, we just have to find out what they are.  I myself hate running, but love resistance exercises, swimming, yoga and martial arts, as well as racquet sports.  I'm glad you found that spinning is your cup of tea. Just don't do or force yourself to do the things you have less or no interest in.  

Agree. Find something that you love doing it, either in groups or alone.

If I cant feel it, I aint faking it

On 6/14/2021 at 11:38 PM, TamPenis said:

You are doing fine.  Don't let anyone make you feel guilty for "not doing enough".  This enough is very relative.  Unless you are a professional athlete, you don't need to go to an extreme of exercising.  More important is to have perseverance, to stick with it and be able to give more attention to some fitness goal when it is necessary.

On 6/14/2021 at 11:54 PM, FattChoy said:

Dear Tampenis,

Their biggest barrier is not their hate towards working out and healthy food.  It is not having the discipline and resolution to do what is beneficial  even if they hate it.  

We all had to overcome some hate doing something that takes effort or is unpleasant.  If we persist and succeed, it is because with time the unpleasantness gives way to a satisfaction of being able to do it. 

I had to overcome a displeasure of going to a gym to work out, but now to walk into the gym is no different from waking into my house.   I have hated stretching all my life,  and now that I do it more for a martial art it starts to become a more tolerable routine.   And like @TamPenis I am careful with my nutrition and I weight myself every day, and if my weight remains what I want it to be, I have no problems snacking on some less than ideal food,  like chocolate ice cream and cookies.  

Edited by Steve5380

12 hours ago, yuquidam said:

Indeed...keke.

I'll do more night runs too to get this sexy bod.

Post your sexy bod soon lah. 

3 hours ago, qsefthu78 said:

Managed to sneak in time for lunch time home workout. Gyms probably won't be opening any time soon. 

20210617_141200-01.jpg.5e0c6e6d6905aa559b50685c3da50c74.jpg

Yummy

2 hours ago, 1Fliegendlehrer said:

After home workout on a Sat morning. My skinny bod. Hahaha. 

20210619_084414.jpg

If that's skinny, what about the rest of us guys? Ur benchmark is super high. Hahaha.. 

1 hour ago, Derren said:

Can I look as skinny too?

This is not skinny. Its otter mode fit near to athletic fit already. Sexy sexy liao 

4 hours ago, 1Fliegendlehrer said:

After home workout on a Sat morning. My skinny bod. Hahaha. 

7 minutes ago, Kimochi said:

This is not skinny. Its otter mode fit near to athletic fit already. Sexy sexy liao 

*Skinny"....

• G_M locked this topic