Male HQ

Discussion on death & dying (compiled)

flyerboy88

Guest Mary
14 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

For gay If there is no will who will get the money

Spend more time read up important "sites" than blowing wind for serious things like this 

It will benefit u 

PS - your question is almost common-sense 

Guest Reality
1 hour ago, Guest Practical said:

Start building and decorating your own grave, and engrave your favorite verses on your tombstone and then lay there and smile.

If you’re in Singapore, mostly likely you can only decorate your niche, ash urn and engrave your marble plaque. 

Guest Siao Ding Dong
14 minutes ago, Guest Reality said:

If you’re in Singapore, mostly likely you can only decorate your niche, ash urn and engrave your marble plaque. 

When death is near, it restrict no boundary where you plan to go around the world.

Guest sian

Wish we can know in advance how much time we have left.

Then can plan/budget.

Why deprive myself of a Mesarati now, in case I need more money 30 or 50 years down the track?

Annoying!

Guest kids
9 hours ago, yuquidam said:

If no will written then the assets will be split EQUALLY among his parents, and siblings. Don't forget to update the beneficiaries for your CPF and insurances policies.

How do you know the TS has no children?

Gay does not mean, no children.

Can even have children you never knew of before... 😱

Guest huh?
1 hour ago, auscent said:

Divide the remaining time into two equal sections.

Part one: nostalgic

Say good byes, transfer money, indulge in thinking back good times

Part two: fun

Enjoy usual stuff that I like

TS said by sunrise, where got so much time for you to do the above?

Guest Hamsap

Maybe maybe will have one last satisfying sex with a gogo boy. Bareback sex. Threesome. Multiple ways. Maybe try drug. All the illegal drugs. Chemsex. Bondage. Later die become hamsap ghost. 

How come in the old hk cantonese movie, a virgin need to break his virgin otherwise cannot reincarnate. And he is refer to as green head ghost looking for virgin. Is it true?

If you have a wife hdb automatic under wife asset.

50% of the rest of your asset go to your wife and 50% divide to your children.

If you single your asset go to your parents.

If your parents already .............

Then it divide to your brothers and sisters.

This is situation if you do not write a will.

If you write a will. Then it belong to the person you named.

Guest Guest

I can't be the only one who'd go on a 同归于尽 killing spree on all my mortal enemies who has ever made my life difficult. 

Guest LOVE NOT HATE
45 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

I can't be the only one who'd go on a 同归于尽 killing spree on all my mortal enemies who has ever made my life difficult. 

If you had taken a short break for self reflection at an earlier stage of your life, you might have realised that solely your toxic hate filled self made your life difficult and not others.

hopefully I will have my family and best friend besides, telling them how wonderful my life has been with their accompany and encouraging them to live their remaining lives to the fullest. 

24 minutes ago, will7z said:

hopefully I will have my family and best friend besides, telling them how wonderful my life has been with their accompany.

Don't lie.  Be honest.  Tell them you were being fucked by many boys or men out there and how wonderful your life has been. 

4 hours ago, Guest Hamsap said:

Maybe maybe will have one last satisfying sex with a gogo boy. Bareback sex. Threesome. Multiple ways. Maybe try drug. All the illegal drugs. Chemsex. Bondage. Later die become hamsap ghost. 

How come in the old hk cantonese movie, a virgin need to break his virgin otherwise cannot reincarnate. And he is refer to as green head ghost looking for virgin. Is it true?

Yes. That’s true and the virgin doesn’t refer to with guy. Must be yin-yang match. 

Guest Guest
8 hours ago, Guest LOVE NOT HATE said:

If you had taken a short break for self reflection at an earlier stage of your life, you might have realised that solely your toxic hate filled self made your life difficult and not others.

If you had taken a short break from the drug-induced stupor of your life, you might have realized that you are not Mother Theresa and and your wonderous love for the entire world is stupid and unrealistic.

Guest Guest
16 hours ago, Andrew240577 said:

If you have a wife hdb automatic under wife asset.

Don't anyhow say.

Only if the HDB is under joint ownership and with wife, then the HDB goes under automatic under wife asset. 

If I were to die by sunrise, I would not spend so much effort figuring out what to do with the remining hours of life.  A few hours of life is nothing.

But I would write down to the best of my ability all the data about my estate, to make it easier for my family to inherit.

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, Steve5380 said:

If I were to die by sunrise, I would not spend so much effort figuring out what to do with the remining hours of life.  A few hours of life is nothing.

But I would write down to the best of my ability all the data about my estate, to make it easier for my family to inherit.

... and I thought you were going to say you will be spending the remining hours of your life trolling on this forum. 

Troll GIF on GIFER - by Granibandis

2 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

WHAT?? A 78 year old man with a sister, a son and grandchildren waiting until he knows he is going to die before drawing up a watertight last will regarding the disposition of all his known assets is surely the height of lunacy! Anyone - of whatever age - with any assets, no matter how few or insignificant, especially those with family, a partner, lover and even just friends needs to make a will as soon as there are assets to dispose of after death. Who knows when we are going to die? It might indeed be tonight or tomorrow. I am not sure about the legal situation in Singapore but in many countries if you have no legal will, it will be your nearest relative who is likely to inherit (but that needs checking).

This is a timely reminder. Never wait until you are 78 before making a fully detailed will covering all of your assets. Although we all think we will live to a ripe old age, many of us will not make it. So even in your 20s or 30s, please make sure you have even just a basic will. And remember to update it regularly as your situation in life changes.

Edited by InBangkok

Guest guest

For online references, it seems like if your uncles/aunts are also no longer around, it goes to the government and seems to imply that cousins and their descendants are not able to inherit your assets under intestate laws. I wonder if the law provides for the assets to go to your cousins, or need to specifically state in a will, specifically for those who are only children.

7 hours ago, InBangkok said:

WHAT?? A 78 year old man with a sister, a son and grandchildren waiting until he knows he is going to die before drawing up a watertight last will regarding the disposition of all his known assets is surely the height of lunacy! Anyone - of whatever age - with any assets, no matter how few or insignificant, especially those with family, a partner, lover and even just friends needs to make a will as soon as there are assets to dispose of after death. Who knows when we are going to die? It might indeed be tonight or tomorrow. I am not sure about the legal situation in Singapore but in many countries if you have no legal will, it will be your nearest relative who is likely to inherit (but that needs checking).

This is a timely reminder. Never wait until you are 78 before making a fully detailed will covering all of your assets. Although we all think we will live to a ripe old age, many of us will not make it. So even in your 20s or 30s, please make sure you have even just a basic will. And remember to update it regularly as your situation in life changes.

LOL!   Again an individual criticizing my life while knowing so little about it  :lol:

I had a formal will made shortly after I retired 22 years ago.  My family has copies of this will and knows where it is and the lawyer who made it.  My sister is the executor, and my son has access to my safety box at a bank where I keep all my documents.  One of these days I will amend the will and leave more to my older sister instead of my son, who makes all the money he needs and more. 

But there are always some loose financial ends of recent transactions, and other details that I describe in a log which my son knows about, and this log is what I would update before dying.  Nothing very important,  like leaving my new hybrid piano I bought a month ago to my granddaughter.  I am glad that I don't have a big estate to distribute.

LOL!   Again an individual criticizing my life while knowing so little about it  :lol:

I had a formal will made shortly after I retired 22 years ago.  My family has copies of this will and knows where it is and the lawyer who made it.  My sister is the executor, and my son has access to my safety box at a bank where I keep all my documents.  One of these days I will amend the will and leave more to my older sister instead of my son, who makes all the money he needs and more. 

But there are always some loose financial ends of recent transactions, and other details that I describe in a log which my son knows about, and this log is what I would update before dying.  Nothing very important,  like leaving my new hybrid piano I bought a month ago to my granddaughter.  I am glad that I don't have a big estate to distribute.

I only know about those aspects of your life that you have posted here on BW - and you must admit that is a great deal more than other regular posters. For example, you informed readers that you had a wonderful relationship with your late boyfriend for "more than 20 years". I am delighted you were happy during that time and am deeply sorry that it came to a very sad end. That kind of loss must remain very difficult to bear even though three years have since passed.

But the point is this. You state you made your last will soon after you retired 22 years ago. Only on the basis of the dates you have provided, it would seem that this was after you had already met your boyfriend and spent at least a year with him. I expect anyone making a will around that time would wish to ensure a lover/partner is a beneficiary in your will. Perhaps you might have included your sister, your son and even others in some respect as beneficiaries. I have no idea if your three grandchildren had been born by then - and that is not my business. However, since you wrote that will "shortly after you retired 22 years ago", you have experienced much happiness and a very sad event. Your circumstances have therefore changed very dramatically. But for whatever reason you decided not to change your will. 

It is precisely because unexpected events can and do occur and that our personal circumstances do change, especially as we get older, that a continual review of a will is vital. I urge all posters not to leave it until your mid-50s like @Steve5380 before writing a will. As stated earlier, as soon as you have any possessions and obligations, you need a will - even just a simple one - to ensure these go to the beneficiaries you decide - not the courts. And wills do need updating on a reasonably regular basis.

On 6/8/2021 at 3:49 PM, Guest kids said:

How do you know the TS has no children?

Gay does not mean, no children.

Can even have children you never knew of before... 😱

On 6/7/2021 at 8:11 PM, Guest Guest said:

For gay If there is no will who will get the money

If he is a father, isn't it obvious his children will inherit the assets in the absence of a will? 

Then your next question will be, "How do you know the TS has no spouse? Gay does not mean.. no spouse?" ??

Do enlighten us if you have more points to add. Most willing to learn.

Edited by yuquidam

On 6/8/2021 at 8:55 AM, Guest Guest said:

This is one of the many websites that says what will happen 

Laws of Intestacy in Singapore (gjclaw.com.sg) 

Laws of Intestacy in Singapore

In the absence of a will, your estate will be distributed in accordance to Singapore’s Intestate Succession Act. This does not apply if you are of Islamic faith.

According to Section 7 of the Intestate Succession Act, the priority of distribution is as follows: (1) Spouse, children (2) Parents (3) Siblings (4) Grandparents (5) Aunts and Uncles.

Here is a simplified version of the rules found in Section 7:

Rule 1: Where the deceased has left behind a surviving spouse but has no children and no surviving parents, the spouse shall be entitled to the whole of the estate

Rule 2: Where the deceased has left behind a surviving spouse and children, the spouse shall be entitled to ½ of the estate

Rule 3: Where the deceased has left behind children but has no surviving spouse or surviving parent, the children shall be entitled to the estate in equal proportions. If a child has passed away too, then the grandchildren can legally represent him/ her to claim their parents’ portion of the estate

Rule 4: Where the deceased has left behind a surviving spouse and surviving parent(s) but has no children, the spouse shall be entitled to ½ of the estate and the parent(s) to the other ½

Rule 5: Where the deceased has left behind surviving parent(s), but has no surviving spouse or children, the parents shall be entitled to the whole of the estate (each parent will get ½)

Rule 6: Where the deceased has left behind siblings but has no surviving spouse, children or parents; the siblings shall be entitled to the whole of the estate in equal proportions. If a sibling has passed away too, then the children of the sibling can legally represent their parent to claim their parents’ portion of the estate.

Rule 7: Where the deceased has left behind grandparents but has no surviving spouse, children, parents or siblings, the grandparents shall be entitled to the whole of the estate (each grandparent will get ½)

Rule 8: Where the deceased has left behind aunts and uncles but has no surviving spouse, children, parents, siblings or grandparents, the aunts and uncles shall be entitled to the whole of the estate in equal proportions

Non-compliance with the above rules will lead to the Government being entitled to the whole estate.

THANK YOU!

4 hours ago, InBangkok said:

It is precisely because unexpected events can and do occur and that our personal circumstances do change, especially as we get older, that a continual review of a will is vital. I urge all posters not to leave it until your mid-50s like @Steve5380 before writing a will. As stated earlier, as soon as you have any possessions and obligations, you need a will - even just a simple one - to ensure these go to the beneficiaries you decide - not the courts. And wills do need updating on a reasonably regular basis.

LOL!  Again someone peeks into my life and assumes that I didn't care of the disposition of my assets until my mid-50s!

It is good advice for anyone to think about life ending at any time and what will happen to one's possessions when this happens.  Having a will is a good precaution, but this does not mean that every guy reading BW should now run to find a lawyer and have a will done.  Wills well prepared may not be cheap.

I have always had and have well defined heirs, and I take good care in any investment to define a beneficiary on death.  The situation of every person is unique, and what is important is to give some thought to inheritance and do what is necessary.  Some may need a will,  others don't.   And we foreigners cannot advise Singaporeans unless we know the laws in this country.  There is some information on the internet.

https://www.kiplinger.com/article/retirement/t021-c032-s015-maybe-you-don-t-need-a-will.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nextavenue/2016/08/31/do-you-really-need-a-will/?sh=2e7dbc3c7c14

https://www.aarp.org/money/investing/info-2017/why-you-need-a-will-jbq.html

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/pf/08/what-is-a-will.asp

If iknow will not live the next sunrise, i will:

1) Do a last will with my lawyer.

2) Call up funeral service to book the venue and service. Select a good final resting place. Submit the most handsome photo. Most fond shirt and pant.

3) Call / visit those who i hurt and say sorry.

4) Call / visit those who i love or care and my close friends and bid goodbye.

5) Go to eat my favourite foods for the last time.

6) Go to visit my favourite place for the last time.

7) Go to have sex for the last time. Fuck like no tomorrow haha lol Cum shots everywhere.

😎 Finally return home. Shower clean. Lay on bed. Play the buddhist chant 金刚经 and close both eyes to rest in peace forever and ever.

Guest You say Tio Bo?

No need to worry lah.  All gays are fairies and will be heading to nirvana after that. Just wash yourself clean can oredi and then leave all your dirty laundry behind.  If you think too much and start wasting time preparing, you will be late to catch your last Chariot to heaven and ended up loitering around with no where to go. 

10 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Again someone peeks into my life and assumes that I didn't care of the disposition of my assets until my mid-50s!

Why do you continue your lying? I do not "peek into your life". I merely repeat what you yourself write.  Did you, or did you not write, this?

16 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I had a formal will made shortly after I retired 22 years ago.

If you had had a formal will prior to that date, you could easily have written "I updated my will . . ." or some such similar wording. But you didn't. So do not accuse others of saying what they did not.

Guest sucker
On 6/8/2021 at 3:48 AM, Guest Humm said:

If you knew you were going to die by sunrise, how would you spend your last day?

go suck all the cocks that I see

7 hours ago, InBangkok said:

Why do you continue your lying? I do not "peek into your life". I merely repeat what you yourself write.  Did you, or did you not write, this?

If you had had a formal will prior to that date, you could easily have written "I updated my will . . ." or some such similar wording. But you didn't. So do not accuse others of saying what they did not.

Total nonsense!  You don't know what you are speaking about.  And please stop writing your crap about my life.

I could not update a will I had in another country, written in another language.

Total nonsense!  You don't know what you are speaking about.  And please stop writing your crap about my life.

I could not update a will I had in another country, written in another language.

I do indeed know what I have written about. As I have stated, my comments about your life are based solely on what you have written in a variety of your earlier posts. They are only crap if is what you wrote about yourself. As I have asked before, do you wish me to quote them again below?

Guest guest
9 hours ago, InBangkok said:

33 minutes ago, InBangkok said:

I do indeed know what I have written about. As I have stated, my comments about your life are based solely on what you have written in a variety of your earlier posts. They are only crap if is what you wrote about yourself. As I have asked before, do you wish me to quote them again below?

aiyo.. poor u, y not jus ignore e pest.. usu thr r pest in every homes, e pest wont know they r pest unti they r exterminated.. lol

1 hour ago, InBangkok said:

Yes, you indeed know what you have written about.  Your twisting and maliciously distorting what I write about myself is known to you, it is ...  intentional crap.  It seems that you don't have better things to do with your life  :lol:

3 hours ago, Zuko said:

I would write a lengthy message to my ex, expressing how much I still love him, how I regret not treating him good enough, and wish him all the best in his life. And probably walk around remembering the places we visited together.

This is an excellent way to spend your last hours.  It can also be a good way to spend some of the time you hopefully have plenty of it ahead.   Don't wait to tell him about your feelings until you face death.  What you have to lose if you write this letter to him now?

On 6/9/2021 at 9:26 AM, Guest Guest said:

Don't anyhow say.

Only if the HDB is under joint ownership and with wife, then the HDB goes under automatic under wife asset. 

Ya i base on first hand joint account standard. Hushand and wife joint account

I dunno those after 35 single male bought a second hand hdb under his owned name. Then marriage after that.

This i have not check yet.

But i confirm the hushand or wife who owned half of it under joint account confirm cannot give their half to their parents children or whoever they want. Even they written a will. That is for sure.

Hushand go to wife

Wife go to hushand

But if you have private condo or house under joint account. Will is the final answer.

The term is

i) joint tenancy

or

ii) tenancy-in-common.

The main difference is for joint tenancy it has the right of survivorship whereas tenancy-in-common does not.

That is, for joint tenancy the surviving spouse or co-owner auto inherit the other share of the property. No will could change that. This applies to private properties as well.

Edited by yuquidam

11 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Yes, you indeed know what you have written about.  Your twisting and maliciously distorting what I write about myself is known to you, it is ...  intentional crap. 

I have written only what you have written previously and even quoted your exact words. If you believe it is intentional crap, that is your opinion. But it is your own crap!

Guest Horus
On 1/19/2020 at 10:15 AM, bigdanbeam said:

Its good to plan so that you dont burden those living  when you go. Have signed the AMD. Wish euthanasia could be legalised here. 

It will never be. Life is very important.

• G_M changed the title to Discussion on death & dying (compiled)
  • G_M locked this topic