Jump to content
Happy Birthday Singapore

Skincare routines and products?


voidedsanity
 Share

Recommended Posts

I’ve been doing your regular cleanser, toner, moisturiser, and sunscreen combo. Also, a cream for my eczema oof

 

Do you guys have any particular routines or products that you swear by?

 

I’m curious if you heard of using baby lotion as body lotion or something along those lines? I saw DaveyWavey from YT saying he uses lube for moisturising and I can’t stop thinking about it ksksksksksksk 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, voidedsanity said:

I’ve been doing your regular cleanser, toner, moisturiser, and sunscreen combo. Also, a cream for my eczema oof

 

Do you guys have any particular routines or products that you swear by?

 

I’m curious if you heard of using baby lotion as body lotion or something along those lines? I saw DaveyWavey from YT saying he uses lube for moisturising and I can’t stop thinking about it ksksksksksksk 

really lube for moisturizing?what special lube is that??

the usual simple routine, just bit of moisturizer after washing face (Scrub twice per week)
and sunblock to be in the products if u know it is a sunny day
Mask if need be

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Since u r here said:

really lube for moisturizing?what special lube is that??

the usual simple routine, just bit of moisturizer after washing face (Scrub twice per week)
and sunblock to be in the products if u know it is a sunny day
Mask if need be

 I don’t really remember what was the context of the video lol, I’ll check back if I find it again haha

 

Oh! A scrub, what type of skin do you have? Oily? Combination?

 

Mask seems more situational, though it’s extremely relevant now oof

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, voidedsanity said:

 I don’t really remember what was the context of the video lol, I’ll check back if I find it again haha

 

Oh! A scrub, what type of skin do you have? Oily? Combination?

 

Mask seems more situational, though it’s extremely relevant now oof

i think a combi

for women, regular using of mask is a MUST!!! but for us men, really situation

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, voidedsanity said:

Oh! A scrub, what type of skin do you have? Oily? Combination?

To exfoliate my skin I try to aviod physical scrubs as my skin tends to get red after scrubbing

 

I favour enzyme exfoliation which tends to be more gentle yet just as effective. Right now I use Tatcha's Deep Rice Polish for oily skin, which I find over time makes my skin quite smooth. It is rather pricey though so if on a budget you can try Mario Badescu enzyme cleanser which is more affordable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Since u r here said:

for women, regular using of mask is a MUST!!! but for us men, really situation

Oh my god, my dumbass thought you were talking about surgical mask and I was confused 😂

 

I was literally feeling myself when I bought a 4 day mask the first time. I NEVER KNEW MY FACE COULD BE SO GOOD. I’m not sure in the long run though, since there’s so much plastic packaging that comes from it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, voidedsanity said:

Oh my god, my dumbass thought you were talking about surgical mask and I was confused 😂

 

I was literally feeling myself when I bought a 4 day mask the first time. I NEVER KNEW MY FACE COULD BE SO GOOD. I’m not sure in the long run though, since there’s so much plastic packaging that comes from it.

arent the theme and topic about skin and routines??

surg Masks are ONLY meant for people who are sick -> not for daily routine


much more related topics shared here too:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/26/2020 at 3:57 PM, Guest btmguy said:

To exfoliate my skin I try to aviod physical scrubs as my skin tends to get red after scrubbing

 

I favour enzyme exfoliation which tends to be more gentle yet just as effective. Right now I use Tatcha's Deep Rice Polish for oily skin, which I find over time makes my skin quite smooth. It is rather pricey though so if on a budget you can try Mario Badescu enzyme cleanser which is more affordable.

Thanks for the recommendations! 

 

May I know your skin type?

I have oily so this might not be as effective  😮

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/27/2020 at 1:53 PM, Since u r here said:

arent the theme and topic about skin and routines??

surg Masks are ONLY meant for people who are sick -> not for daily routine


much more related topics shared here too:

 

I know haha, I was just cracking a joke 😂

 

I appreciate the additional topic, but I’m focusing on skincare right now. The topic shown seems more towards fashion and grooming to me (though I haven’t read the whole thread yet)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've got a slightly different routine for AM and PM.

 

AM

Wash face with water

Pixi Glow Glycolic toner

10% L-ascorbic acid

Neogen Essence

Vichy 89 HA serum

TO Niacinamide + zinc

Okay whip with Sunday Riley CEO oil

PC sunscreen

 

PM

DHC cleansing oil

Laniege Cleanser

Corsx BHA liquid

Neogen essence

Vichy 89 HA serum 

TO Niacinamide + zinc

Sunday Riley A+ or TO 5% granactive retinoid in squalane

Okay whip

 

Occasionally I apply probiotics serum and also caffeine serum for under eyes. 

 

good deeds never go unpunished

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/3/2020 at 8:12 PM, go-geek said:

I've got a slightly different routine for AM and PM.

 

AM

Wash face with water

Pixi Glow Glycolic toner

10% L-ascorbic acid

Neogen Essence

Vichy 89 HA serum

TO Niacinamide + zinc

Okay whip with Sunday Riley CEO oil

PC sunscreen

 

PM

DHC cleansing oil

Laniege Cleanser

Corsx BHA liquid

Neogen essence

Vichy 89 HA serum 

TO Niacinamide + zinc

Sunday Riley A+ or TO 5% granactive retinoid in squalane

Okay whip

 

Occasionally I apply probiotics serum and also caffeine serum for under eyes. 

 

Oh my, that’s a really long list 👁👄👁

 

Do you see a dermatologist for all of this? May I know the use of each product too? 😮

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, voidedsanity said:

Oh my, that’s a really long list 👁👄👁

 

Do you see a dermatologist for all of this? May I know the use of each product too? 😮

I didn't see a dermatologist. Just based off personal "research" and reading what others say and do.

 

I'm still figuring out what works for me so the list isn't absolute. And regards to what it does, I'll try to explain what I know it to be for. I could be wrong. So do take that into consideration.

 

- Glycolic acid is an AHA, a form of chemical exfoliant. There are PHA and BHA too so depends on your skin needs and suitability.

- L-ascorbic acid or a form of Vit C helps to reduce signs of ageing and promote even skin tone.

- Neogen essence is similar to that of SKII essence, but packed with other beneficial ingredients. Essences I guess provides hydration before the other steps of skincare. A damp hydrated skin allows products to penetrate better.

- Vichy 89 HA serum contains hyaluronic acid which is a humectant, something that draws water into it. So it allows your skin to pull moisture from the air (humid) or from other hydrating products you apply after.

- Niacinamide helps to visibly minimize enlarged pores, tighten lax pores, improve uneven skin tone, soften fine lines and wrinkles and diminish dullness while strengthening weakened skin surface.

- Olay Regenerist Whip is a light moisturizer and I pair it with Sunday Riley's CEO Glow facial oil to act as an occlusive. To prevent moisture from escaping the skin. Facial oils can be beneficial depending on what you require.

- Sunscreen (a must have)

 

- DHC cleansing oil helps to remove the grime from the day as oil attracts oil so it is arguably better at removing the sebum and sunscreen among other things from your skin. And rinse.

- Follow with a water based facial cleanser to wash off any remaining dirt and gunk. If you feel your skin is too dry and tight after this step, it is a good indicator that your facial wash is too strong for your skin. Or it could be any of your skincare steps that your skin have yet to be able to tolerate or unable to do so.

- BHA is a chemical exfoliant that penetrates deeper than AHA so it can help those that experience clogged pores.

- Retinoids or a form of Vit A helps to tackle signs of ageing, stimulate collagen, promote cell turnover and may help reduce acne.

 

Overall the general consensus is try to avoid ingredients such as essential oils, fragrances and other overly stripping formulations. Expensive doesn't necessarily mean better. And do expect skin purging, which can last a few weeks to a few months(?) But just be aware that skin purging and breakouts are different. One is your skin tolerating the product, the other is it isn't suitable. 

 

I'm no specialist so do not quote me on anything. Good luck.

good deeds never go unpunished

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, go-geek said:

I didn't see a dermatologist. Just based off personal "research" and reading what others say and do.

 

I'm still figuring out what works for me so the list isn't absolute. And regards to what it does, I'll try to explain what I know it to be for. I could be wrong. So do take that into consideration.

 

- Glycolic acid is an AHA, a form of chemical exfoliant. There are PHA and BHA too so depends on your skin needs and suitability.

- L-ascorbic acid or a form of Vit C helps to reduce signs of ageing and promote even skin tone.

- Neogen essence is similar to that of SKII essence, but packed with other beneficial ingredients. Essences I guess provides hydration before the other steps of skincare. A damp hydrated skin allows products to penetrate better.

- Vichy 89 HA serum contains hyaluronic acid which is a humectant, something that draws water into it. So it allows your skin to pull moisture from the air (humid) or from other hydrating products you apply after.

- Niacinamide helps to visibly minimize enlarged pores, tighten lax pores, improve uneven skin tone, soften fine lines and wrinkles and diminish dullness while strengthening weakened skin surface.

- Olay Regenerist Whip is a light moisturizer and I pair it with Sunday Riley's CEO Glow facial oil to act as an occlusive. To prevent moisture from escaping the skin. Facial oils can be beneficial depending on what you require.

- Sunscreen (a must have)

 

- DHC cleansing oil helps to remove the grime from the day as oil attracts oil so it is arguably better at removing the sebum and sunscreen among other things from your skin. And rinse.

- Follow with a water based facial cleanser to wash off any remaining dirt and gunk. If you feel your skin is too dry and tight after this step, it is a good indicator that your facial wash is too strong for your skin. Or it could be any of your skincare steps that your skin have yet to be able to tolerate or unable to do so.

- BHA is a chemical exfoliant that penetrates deeper than AHA so it can help those that experience clogged pores.

- Retinoids or a form of Vit A helps to tackle signs of ageing, stimulate collagen, promote cell turnover and may help reduce acne.

 

Overall the general consensus is try to avoid ingredients such as essential oils, fragrances and other overly stripping formulations. Expensive doesn't necessarily mean better. And do expect skin purging, which can last a few weeks to a few months(?) But just be aware that skin purging and breakouts are different. One is your skin tolerating the product, the other is it isn't suitable. 

 

I'm no specialist so do not quote me on anything. Good luck.

Thank you so much for the detailed list! 

 

I get where you’re coming from, but at least you’ve peaked my interest to research more. So, thank you for that 😊♥️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, voidedsanity said:

Thank you so much for the detailed list! 

 

I get where you’re coming from, but at least you’ve peaked my interest to research more. So, thank you for that 😊♥️

Hey no worries. I forgot to add that I use a retinoid in the evening. Which helps to combat ageing signs too

good deeds never go unpunished

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

I donno why, but for me most cosmetic products dry and tightens my skin, although I read a lot of good reviews on them products. Aloe is simply a must have for my skin - it nourishes, moisturizes, refreshes and tones the skin. It relieves inflammation, helps with sunburn, and eliminates fine lines and wrinkles. This can also be added to creams, masks, tonics, lotions. But I prefer to buy products at mcdaidpharmacy.ie that already have aloe at the top of the list. In rare cases there is an individual intolerance to aloe juice. So, it`s always better to make test before using such products.

Edited by JoshuaDickens
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You may want to take a look at your cleanser. Perhaps it is too harsh for your skin. You could also be over cleansing. Since we guys don’t wear make up, the delicate rubbing of cleansing agent on your face should not be more than 40 seconds. Same for your exfoliation. Ah, also don’t use too hot water. 

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...
counter