Male HQ

Which wireless mouse is better?

kidster

• 2 weeks later...

Logitech loh ~ read it states all surface one best. Then also look out for long battery life. But if you were to play games wired mouse will be better choice. 

Edited by Kimochi

Agree with Kimochi, depending on your objective. If you are hardcore gamer, you probably will want a wired mouse (reduce lag) and Razor seems to be a popular choice. 

if you prefer to go wireless, personally I prefer using Bluetooth mouse as I don’t have to sacrifice my already limited USB ports in laptops. I’m currently using Microsoft Arc and so far happy with it. Chose it due to its sleek and ergonomic design. But that’s just personal preference as there are a few other established brands (eg. Logitech) in the market. 

Be cool, like a breeze...

On 3/21/2020 at 8:33 AM, kidster said:

Which wireless mouse is better? Powered by bluetooth or usb adapter? And why?

Any brands and model to recommend?

It also depends on the OS. Logitech's not so compatible with Mac OS. I noticed that for non-Apple BT mouse paired with Mac, at the login page after startup, it won't recognized the BT mouse. Only Apple BT Mouse works flawlessly with Mac OS.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/1/2020 at 12:25 AM, Kimochi said:

Logitech loh ~ read it states all surface one best. Then also look out for long battery life. But if you were to play games wired mouse will be better choice. 

My first Logitech wireless mouse lasted for many years. Sad to say, the second piece that I bought (same design as my previous) died on me just after 1year. Not sure why. Prolly I ‘murdered’ my wireless mouse by cleaning it too often with Dettol. :ph34r:

i have been using Logitech M331 Silent Wireless Mouse for a few years.

I like the mouse because of the silent  feature and the size fit one's palm nicely.

Ads

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2020 at 4:33 PM, kidster said:

Which wireless mouse is better? Powered by bluetooth or usb adapter? And why?

Any brands and model to recommend?

USB are not a kind of Bluetooth transmitter.  You mean Bluetooth or WIFI  I think heheh.. wifi is king. Bluetooth is only good if you intend to use it at your desk and not have a cable getting in your way. Wifi are rarer than Bluetooth. BUt there has been much improvement in Bluetooth which is why there are more now that can be using for gaming. In gaming, speed and reaction time is key to winning or being the first to shoot. Many still keep to cable as it is long time proven to be faster to react to your finger action. But wireless has caught up but not all game. So again it depends on what you want to do with it to decide why you want a wireless mouse.

For me I use a wired/wireless Asus Spatha mouse and a 903 Logitech (litespeed) with a charging mat wireless mode. I am a gamer and I have adjusted both for various kind of games I play as well as using it for work. I have a Microsoft mouse that is Bluetooth and I use it from where I sleep to control my pc for videos on youtube. I hate it at that range of about 10 feet. I have to put it closer by using my bed as a mouse pad at where my hip is when I lie down to get near enough for it to work smooth without jittery. I have had like 4 other Bluetooth mouse of various brands that are all like that. The transmission is not strong for some reason.

Note sometime to be sure I am getting the fasters reaction time to fire my finger click, I would re-attach them to cable to play. Just to be on the safe side heheheh.

But good mouse with good feature do cost at least $285 to $450 for those I mention above. ( I spend a lot on my equipment for gaming.) Wireless if you spend about 150 should get you something pretty good. If all your use are on microsoft office.. just get one around $50 should be fine. heh

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

On 5/22/2020 at 12:47 AM, upshot said:

USB are not a kind of Bluetooth transmitter.  You mean Bluetooth or WIFI  I think heheh.. wifi is king. Bluetooth is only good if you intend to use it at your desk and not have a cable getting in your way. Wifi are rarer than Bluetooth. BUt there has been much improvement in Bluetooth which is why there are more now that can be using for gaming. In gaming, speed and reaction time is key to winning or being the first to shoot. Many still keep to cable as it is long time proven to be faster to react to your finger action. But wireless has caught up but not all game. So again it depends on what you want to do with it to decide why you want a wireless mouse.

For me I use a wired/wireless Asus Spatha mouse and a 903 Logitech (litespeed) with a charging mat wireless mode. I am a gamer and I have adjusted both for various kind of games I play as well as using it for work. I have a Microsoft mouse that is Bluetooth and I use it from where I sleep to control my pc for videos on youtube. I hate it at that range of about 10 feet. I have to put it closer by using my bed as a mouse pad at where my hip is when I lie down to get near enough for it to work smooth without jittery. I have had like 4 other Bluetooth mouse of various brands that are all like that. The transmission is not strong for some reason.

Note sometime to be sure I am getting the fasters reaction time to fire my finger click, I would re-attach them to cable to play. Just to be on the safe side heheheh.

But good mouse with good feature do cost at least $285 to $450 for those I mention above. ( I spend a lot on my equipment for gaming.) Wireless if you spend about 150 should get you something pretty good. If all your use are on microsoft office.. just get one around $50 should be fine. heh

I bought a wireless usb adaptor mouse because I scare switching bluetooth on all the time will drain my laptop battery.

I want my laptop battery to last long. Is my understanding correct?

On 5/23/2020 at 2:44 AM, kidster said:

I bought a wireless usb adaptor mouse because I scare switching bluetooth on all the time will drain my laptop battery.

I want my laptop battery to last long. Is my understanding correct?

If you use your internal Bluetooth component built into your notebook, it is still drawing power from your notebook battery (unless you know your notebook can switch it off. You can use Win!0 setting to switch off the Bluetooth app but I am not sure electronically shut down power to it. Just might well be Win10 just shut off the software from using Bluetooth.

The external USB piece (that came with your Bluetooth mouse) which you attach to your notebook is also a similar Bluetooth chipset to control your mouse. So you might well be powering BOTH Bluetooth chipsets though the USB one might be the one controlling the mouse. That USB plug thingy is a built-in chipset for your Mouse.

Bluetooth usually do not draw as much power as your wifi connection. heheh you are not going to see a big drop using your notebook Bluetooth to control your new mouse if it is able to find and connect to it. Also depend on how old is your notebook. Bluetooth has progressive as time goes by. Improvement that could result in change to faster more efficient chipset for controlling your mouse. If the Bluetooth chipset in your notebook is an older one because your notebook is old, you might benefit form plugging in the USB Bluetooth and not use your notebook's. This is very evident for wireless Bluetooth headset. Good headset now uses at least Bluetooth Ver5. If it is lower, there are lag issue and fidelity. For mouse, it might lag, has short range..etc You might need to research a bit before buying to see if there are any benefits or not. And if you already bought you mouse, try one week with the USB and another without. In any case, no one sells wireless mouse without a USB plugin (because there might be some notebooks with Bluetooth that has issues making them not compatible) so up to you to use it or not.

Hope that clears things up.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.