Male HQ

4km jogging with weak legs

Guest Weak Leg, strong breath

I have been jogging 4km regulary and never get breathless.  The only problem is, I can feel my legs getting weak, almost losing its balance,  with every step on the ground.  Was it due to lack of calcium, muscle or weakening vein?  How to improve to make legs stronger?  I have been sitting all days all year long, is that the problem causing weak leg?    If not for my weak legs,  I can easily jog 8 Km without losing my breath.  How is that so?

36 minutes ago, jason79 said:

I think you lack of calcium, but can see u have strong stamina for long distance run.

I don't run, I jog and mostly my jogging can overtake many joggers even with my weak legs.  If someone accidentally kick my leg or I kicked on a rock, I will fall, which is why I say my leg is weak and does not give me enough comfort. I can feel a tinkling of ache like it was going to give way.   Yes, I can jog 8 km everyday if I wanted or if the weather permit.  Not sure whether it is good. 

48 minutes ago, Kimochi said:

Start slow. Take more calcium or eat sardine Whittier bones (that is if you don't mind )

Not sure if it is calcium deficiency, it only happens on one side of the leg, not both.

1 hour ago, Guest Weak Leg, strong breath said:

I don't run, I jog and mostly my jogging can overtake many joggers even with my weak legs.  If someone accidentally kick my leg or I kicked on a rock, I will fall, which is why I say my leg is weak and does not give me enough comfort. I can feel a tinkling of ache like it was going to give way.   Yes, I can jog 8 km everyday if I wanted or if the weather permit.  Not sure whether it is good. 

hmm maybe is good for a checkup or x-ray for your bones? as we not doctor also cant really advise you but as say have more calcium stuffs like fresh milk or supplement might help improve.

pls dont force too hard and might be disadvantage.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Caught Telling Lies

I would suggest making an appointment with an orthopaedics doctor about your leg. My friend felt pain in his leg, and thought his hamstring was getting weak, so he focused his warm-up stretches on making his hamstring stronger. A year later he was unable to walk enough to leave home under his own power and his parents took him to a doctor. It turns out he actually had a spinal disc injury which was pinching the nerves that connect to his hamstring.

While he was stretching to relieve what he thought was a hamstring problem, he was actually making his spinal disc injury worse, and it has taken a year of therapy to regain his normal mobility. Trying to self-diagnose leg problems, or really any kind of persistent aches and pains, is a really bad idea. My friend learned that lesson the hard way. Whatever money it costs for a doctor's visit is better than causing a treatable condition to worsen down the road.

1 hour ago, begleitung said:

I wonder if running daily and long term is bad for the knees. Like 3-5 km or so da. I don’t think so but maybe others think otherwise?

Depend on individual personnel I guess. I also cannot run daily. My knee cartilage will wear off and ITBS set in soon ~ and I need thorough warming up. 

I saw a bbc programme once that analysed running vs walking. While running results in more impact on the knees, the impact is shorter as you are moving fast. Whereas walking is slower but taking longer hence longer impact. So running is not as bad for the wear -tear. I dont even know itbs, lol

• 2 weeks later...

i think too much impact plus your running gait could be causing the problem.

check if shoes are suitable for you (stability versus balance) because of pronation / supination.

Need to warm up and stretch properly (dynamic)  as well as cool down properly (static).

Edited by Cavalier

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.