Male HQ

Covid-19 - with Music For Hope

Steve5380

Over 29 million views on Youtube since yesterday !!   Why Andrea Bocelli? 

I knew little about this tenor until now.   I read in Wikipedia:

"Andrea Angel Bocelli OMRI OMDSM (Italian pronunciation: [anˈdreːa boˈtʃɛlli]; born 22 September 1958) is an Italian opera singer, songwriter, and record producer.[1][2] Celine Dion has said that "if God would have a singing voice, he must sound a lot like Andrea Bocelli",[1][3] and record producer David Foster has often described Bocelli's voice as the most beautiful in the world.[4][5]

Bocelli was diagnosed with congenital glaucoma at 5 months old, and became completely blind at age 12, following a football accident. "

So the man is blind!   That's why he does not open his eyes, and seems to be always looking down.  And his voice?  WOW!  The above opinions seem to be true.  Move over, Pavarotti

Edited by Steve5380

• G_M changed the title to Covid-19 - with Music For Hope

I don't understand a single word even though the music sounds nice..I mean just nice.   All I heard was....OoooooRaaaaaaaa Snaaaaaaaaa Leeeeeeee Arrrrrrrrr Ooooooh...Ahhhhhhhh.....peh Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....!!! 

Can you do a translation here?

2 hours ago, Guest Sharona said:

Missing Corona!  (How about Bud Light?)

I feel sorry for "Chris Man".  He seems already traumatized by the social isolation.  Hopefully his video does not traumatize others.

(it should not be so difficult to decide between covid-19 and Corona)

2 hours ago, Guest huh? said:

I don't understand a single word even though the music sounds nice..I mean just nice.   All I heard was....OoooooRaaaaaaaa Snaaaaaaaaa Leeeeeeee Arrrrrrrrr Ooooooh...Ahhhhhhhh.....peh Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....!!! 

Can you do a translation here?

In the first video, Bocelli sings mostly in Latin  (the two Ave Maria songs).  You can find the text of this prayer to the Virgin on the Internet.  The last song, Amazing Grace, you surely understand since it is in English.

In the second video, "Ave Verum Corpus" ( hail, real body) is also sung in Latin.   And the third, "La donna e' mobile" is a popular opera aria, which you probably know already.

In classical singing it is not important to understand the words.  In fact, it is more enjoyable NOT to understand them, since often in operas and other songs the text is really dumb.

What is the difference between music sounding nice, and "just nice"?

Guest David

I don't fear nothing like this corona virus.. In my little town i hear this virus is pretty bad..   I say nar i think its just fear from the news and social media.   People say but people have died from this.  I turn around and say Jesus is bigger i am not fearing this virus..  Then people don't want to talk to me.   God bless them lord Amen may spiritual eyes and ears be open in Jesus name amen

4 hours ago, Guest David said:

I don't fear nothing like this corona virus.. In my little town i hear this virus is pretty bad..   I say nar i think its just fear from the news and social media.   People say but people have died from this.  I turn around and say Jesus is bigger i am not fearing this virus..  Then people don't want to talk to me.   God bless them lord Amen may spiritual eyes and ears be open in Jesus name amen

This video was posted in another thread about covid-19:

For God's sake,  don't imitate this false prophet Pat Robertson.  He is out of his mind or senile.

If a supernatural being could protect you against the virus,  He would have prevented the existence of the virus in the first place.

Some pastors in the US have defied the order to stay at home and kept congregating their flock.  Many of them got infected and some died of the virus.

Consider that Pope Francis,  who should be an expert in Jesus Christ,  celebrated the traditional Eastern mass in an empty church at the Vatican.  He IS afraid of the virus.

12 hours ago, bonhomie said:

Andrea and his piano at the comfort of his home. This is magical:

This is absolutely beautiful!  

Not only his singing, but the way he accompanies himself on the piano.

The man is blind,  you know.  Although one can play without seeing the keyboard, it is a great skill to do it so long and so precise.

Seems that the show of James Corden has some jewels in it too,  ha ha.

Bocelli's singing of "ave verum corpus" in one of the videos above is perfection for me.  I cannot resist listen to it every day, it has become an addiction.

It is also interesting to hear what Bocelli has to say about life.  I think he is absolutely right.

That Steinway piano in his living room,  is it a concert grand ?(!)

How would it be like to have him as a father?   His girl looks so happy, this may give an answer.

Edited by Steve5380

For those of us who cannot get enough of Andrea Bocelli's singing, 

here is a long video where he does plenty of pleasing his wide audience...  in Brazil!  (Today with Covid-19 we miss the times when such an audience could come together. Even an orchestra, how they play today, with face masks?  This must be difficult for the wind instruments, ha ha)

Here Bocelli comes in at 3:32 min.  Patience,  that Hallelujah from Haendel's Messiah is also worth listening.

• 2 years later...

as a person who cooks for a living.. let me tell u folks somethings.. imagine u cooking pasta at home.. and u have Andrea Bocelli's singing his all time hit: Con Te Partiro in the background.. food will taste different, atmosphere will change immediately.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.