Male HQ

Best year to stop time

Guest Timer

Guest Timer

I think at 40 is just About right . U have already fully served your national service and by then you have owned a flat too and also not considered too young or too old. And also have underwent the baptism of fire by then. If time could stop at 40 it will be nice. But some of you prefer much younger than that and I don't think anyone will want older than 50 when aging starts to develop  all over the places. I could be wrong but what about you.  Which year is considered ideal for you ?

1 hour ago, Guest Timer said:

I think at 40 is just About right . U have already fully served your national service and by then you have owned a flat too and also not considered too young or too old. And also have underwent the baptism of fire by then. If time could stop at 40 it will be nice. But some of you prefer much younger than that and I don't think anyone will want older than 50 when aging starts to develop  all over the places. I could be wrong but what about you.  Which year is considered ideal for you ?

It depends much about the circumstances,  but in general, the 40s, 50s is when men can be the most depressed.  Your thinking may change as you get older, and realize that there can be increased happiness with increasing age. 

For me, time could stop now in my 70s (minus the covid-70 pandemic).  But a stop with an option to proceed with age or to end it there.

Guest Timer
2 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

It depends much about the circumstances,  but in general, the 40s, 50s is when men can be the most depressed.  Your thinking may change as you get older, and realize that there can be increased happiness with increasing age. 

For me, time could stop now in my 70s (minus the covid-70 pandemic).  But a stop with an option to proceed with age or to end it there.

At least at 40 our human collagen is still intact and the youthful look is still there. Once Asian reached middle age, the collagen will no longer produce at its optimum level and wrinkles start to set in. I think most ang mo aged faster at the age of late 30s.

Guest Forever30
16 minutes ago, Guest Timer said:

At least at 40 our human collagen is still intact and the youthful look is still there. Once Asian reached middle age, the collagen will no longer produce at its optimum level and wrinkles start to set in. I think most ang mo aged faster at the age of late 30s.

Even straight asian men in their 30's will age super fast when they get married and have kids. Every year back at reservist they get uglier and fatter really pity them. They would boast about their wives and babies etc but inside I just pity them.

Gay asian men have the priviledge to lead a more carefree life and continue to workout/enjoy life even as they age. I would say time should stop at 30, its the period when most gay men will realise life is not just about sex and party. Most will still look good at 30 as long as they gym regularly. Only those who take drugs, smoke, sex diseases or alcoholic will start to see the effect take a toll on their bodies.

4 hours ago, Guest Timer said:

It is difficult to determine what nature provides to a man at 40, since nobody lives a perfect life.  But by circumstances some of us did not live on a fast track before the 40s and it is not true that ang mos show aging signs at 40.  I have lived nearly twice this time, (passed the mid-70s now)  and only recently it takes more work to stay free of wrinkles.  As for physical functionality, I have not declined since the 40s (thanks to my Aikido practice).  

I am NOTHING special, so it is possible for anyone who lives with smartness and care to transition passed the 40s and even 50s without noticing negative changes.

4 hours ago, Guest Forever30 said:

Even straight asian men in their 30's will age super fast when they get married and have kids. Every year back at reservist they get uglier and fatter really pity them. They would boast about their wives and babies etc but inside I just pity them.

Gay asian men have the priviledge to lead a more carefree life and continue to workout/enjoy life even as they age. I would say time should stop at 30, its the period when most gay men will realise life is not just about sex and party. Most will still look good at 30 as long as they gym regularly. Only those who take drugs, smoke, sex diseases or alcoholic will start to see the effect take a toll on their bodies.

Yes,  Asian or no Asian, men deteriorate faster with wife and kids.  This is understandable because they have new important responsibilities and they have already mated and made a nest, so personal appearance is not important unless they divorce and have to start the game all over. 

Not only in Asia, gay men we have the privilege of being able to dedicate most of our energies to ourselves.  The formula is simple:  discipline to follow healthy habits, to avoid excesses, to learn the importance of proper sleep and little stress... and some strength and resignation to  accept the negatives that life throws at us.

Guest InBangkok

I was desperate to stop time when I was 39. I had a dreadful fear about being 40, almost as though all enjoyment in life would automatically disappear. Then a Chinese friend told me to stop being so negative. He pointed out that there is a Chinese saying that a man who reaches 40 is like a rose which has opened in full bloom. I have no idea if that is true or not, but it certainly changed my views big time. My 40s and 50s were spectacular! And my 60s so far have seen little change. Naturally life changes and our views on life change. But if I had to answer the question, I'd probably now say 80!

29 minutes ago, Guest InBangkok said:

I was desperate to stop time when I was 39. I had a dreadful fear about being 40, almost as though all enjoyment in life would automatically disappear. Then a Chinese friend told me to stop being so negative. He pointed out that there is a Chinese saying that a man who reaches 40 is like a rose which has opened in full bloom. I have no idea if that is true or not, but it certainly changed my views big time. My 40s and 50s were spectacular! And my 60s so far have seen little change. Naturally life changes and our views on life change. But if I had to answer the question, I'd probably now say 80!

We are very close.  As of today, my answer is around 75.

• 1 year later...
On 5/7/2020 at 10:28 PM, Guest InBangkok said:

Hopefully your views have not changed now that you are member @InBangkok.  I also think that life can stop at 80, or late 70s, or even early 80s,  depending on the person.  These times can be periods of optimum satisfaction and therefore happiness.

Don't ruin your chances by becoming cynical, revengeful, malevolent, by giving up on happiness and indulging in hate.  No one is perfect in our species.  Everybody has his good and bad sides,  so try to ignore the bad and focus on the good sides.  :) 

39.....so u can still say u r in your 30s ha.... 

Yeap,  40 is good as we have either complete reservist or get cleared by default. Also if u have bought a house at 35, u can rent out the whole house and relax a bit financially. 

20s and 30s seem forever but somehow once u reach 40, time relly flies before u know. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.