Male HQ

Typically how long would a samsung monitor lasts?

Guest Monitor

Guest Monitor

My monitor suddenly blackout and no power in the middle of my usage. Does it means that it has died?

I think only abt 4 years only of using it. 

On 5/9/2020 at 8:21 AM, Guest Monitor said:

My monitor suddenly blackout and no power in the middle of my usage. Does it means that it has died?

Are you sure that the monitor is "dead"?  Any lights come on when you plug it in?  Can you get a setup menu when you press some buttons? 

It is rare that a monitor suddenly dies, especially if it is a Samsung.  But it happens that the screen can suddenly get dark if the computer hangs up,  but then it recovers when shutting the computer down and rebooting. Or... something that CAN happen... could the power plug have failed with an open circuit?

• 2 weeks later...

Samsung is THE major supplier of mother glass to a lot of LCD brands you see out there. Mother-glass are the photo panel you view on a screen. If they give you 5 yrs of use for being switched on almost all day and night, that is about average. Almost all monitors or TV can last 5 yrs unless you do risky things to them or unlucky with random component failure.

All things consider, they last longer than you want them to sometime heheheh. That is because with new ones coming to the market with better features, definition and better size versus pricing you will be tempted to upgrade quickly. Don't hope for them to give you good resale value even for a good TV used for a year. Like most general electrical product, the perception is everyone will not pay much for it citing ageing tech and false deteriorating rate. minor scratching...etc .... even good brand TVs.. Very subjective and because new one comes up so fast, why buy an old one. So buy one you like for your need, make it a good reputation one and review. This day, on the internet it is not hard to find reviews but make sure you read a lot from various site as some site has biases you might not be aware.

I personally never buy cheap. I have a Samsung 23" monitor about 7 years,  Dell 30" graphic calibrated monitor which I recently stop using to bring to office to carry on which is already coming to 8 yrs replace by my now Alienware 34" 21:9 aspect for more immersive gaming whcih I hope will last me for a while before I change up as I am eyeing a larger and high definition with super refresh rate like 240mhz which so far right now is not possible for the largest screen and also if it is, too pricey to be a good buy.

So before you go brand, ask yourself what you want to do with that monitor first before going to get one. There are various kind of monitors that does one thing good and not so good at others.. it is almost impossible to find a one-leg-kick super monitor.. That has not happen so far. I have two monitors as I need one for graphic design/video work with good color calibration and one for gaming with gaming features and fast smoother refresh rates....etc

So know what you want the monitor for first.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

On 5/9/2020 at 9:21 PM, Guest Monitor said:

most likely the capacitor in the power board burnt. U might bring to those neighbourhood electrical shop to repair, if too exp, then get a new one.

Mine first Samsung lasts me 10 years. Now i using 2nd Samsung monitor for 2 years.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.