Jump to content
Male HQ
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Monitor

My monitor just blow up

Recommended Posts

Guest Monitor

Where can I buy one during Circuit Breaker? Those online I saw a few is refurbished. Is it good to buy refurbished one? Not sure 12 May, courts will be open or not? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of cos it will not be opened! All advisories are still working from home or with rotation even if it opened.... but all the elect shops are doing deliveries, so just order and wait for your monitor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest

I definitely saw TVs being put up for sale at Tampines Giant Hypermart. Cannot remember if they sell smaller monitors or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

u used?? How was it?? I nearly wanna get their tv version but after reading online i gave up

17 minutes ago, practease said:

I think Prism+ is having sales now. Great local product. Should consider it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Guest Monitor said:

Where can I buy one during Circuit Breaker? Those online I saw a few is refurbished. Is it good to buy refurbished one? Not sure 12 May, courts will be open or not? 

And such iT queries shd b posted in iT , not here pls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Google


I always wonder why the google generation can’t use the internet?

 

always want to be spooned...

 

In line with enhanced public safety measures, all Challenger stores will be closed temporarily from 7 April to 1 June 2020. 
Shop 24/7 on www.hachi.tech to have your IT product needs delivered to your doorstep. In-store collection will not be available. 
For latest updates, please log in to your ValueClub app or follow our Telegram channeland Facebook page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Google

always want to be spoonfed...

 

ha ha autocorrect 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

u used?? How was it?? I nearly wanna get their tv version but after reading online i gave up

 


I am using their PCs which is really good, performance wise and stability. Wanted to get the Prism+ the last time too but the exact model wasn't available back then. The TVs are selling out like hotcakes, I wish I had a reason to buy one...regrettably...I don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2020 at 11:59 AM, practease said:


I am using their PCs which is really good, performance wise and stability. Wanted to get the Prism+ the last time too but the exact model wasn't available back then. The TVs are selling out like hotcakes, I wish I had a reason to buy one...regrettably...I don't.

Too hotcakes le must wait 2 weeks to preOrder first for its deliveries

read all their fb comments


 

smaller size wont need to pre order

 

 

Edited by Since u r here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

Too hotcakes le must wait 2 weeks to preOrder first for its deliveries

 

But the prices are truly unbeatable. There were so many people who bought the second time after receiving their first purchase. It's like everyone can have a 55" mounted in all the rooms within their house at that rate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, practease said:

 

But the prices are truly unbeatable. There were so many people who bought the second time after receiving their first purchase. It's like everyone can have a 55" mounted in all the rooms within their house at that rate.

Sadly hardwarezone hardcore zoners insisted that prism cherry-picked gd comments and listed them on their site and

they r only 3yr old nia! So i m nt sure of its durability

my relatives stopped me from buying too

 

btw, what was the brand of your old or current tv???mine is coming to 10yr old soon and it s not down yet and it s a 55’’ or so.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Loaded

Did someone the monitor blow up due to porn overload???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Grammar queen

For those proper grammar queens:

 

Thread title should be:

 

My monitor blew up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

Sadly hardwarezone hardcore zoners insisted that prism cherry-picked gd comments and listed them on their site and

they r only 3yr old nia! So i m nt sure of its durability

my relatives stopped me from buying too

 

btw, what was the brand of your old or current tv???mine is coming to 10yr old soon and it s not down yet and it s a 55’’ or so.....


Ah, mine are all from Samsung. Very good TVs but can be pricey, I bought them off sales. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest KNN

I think it is good to be a hoarder prior to CB.  Hoarding is now justified given most shops and "essential" are closed for weeks. If war or worse pandemic comes again, I will be camping all over Singapore to get the things I need and pushed a dozen trolleys if need be.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, practease said:


Ah, mine are all from Samsung. Very good TVs but can be pricey, I bought them off sales. 

Doubt your next gd tv will b a Prism or tcL, hisence???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, practease said:

Prism+ only if the current price still stands though...the other brands stated are very unlikely.

it wont fluctuate much i believe, all the prices i bought 10years before dropped tremendously, my TV cost (LCD) less than 3K, but i believe in today (although w huge inflation) , it is still cheaper by a huge difference .......

 

 

BTW, this is not an english class forum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest

Prism+ price really very attractive but very skeptical about the all almost perfect reviews. Heard they delete negative reviews.

 

I think can buy to try but their products might not last.

Those expensive Sony, LG, Samsung all can really last very long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Monitor

 

1 hour ago, 仙人掌 said:

这里有一台spare monitor, 可以借你。

 

傍晚前连同地址回复,会托人今晚送去你家。

Thanks Lao Shi, dont want to trouble you. Luckily finished my WFH online course before it blew up. Wanted to format some docs but cannot already. I think it's God will. God wants me to study. So I pickup an overdue textbook to study instead while searching for a lowcost monitor to buy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

it wont fluctuate much i believe, all the prices i bought 10years before dropped tremendously, my TV cost (LCD) less than 3K, but i believe in today (although w huge inflation) , it is still cheaper by a huge difference .......

 

 

BTW, this is not an english class forum


If that's the case, I suppose it would be better to stick with reputable brands just in case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Monitor
8 hours ago, Since u r here said:

Of cos it will not be opened! All advisories are still working from home or with rotation even if it opened.... but all the elect shops are doing deliveries, so just order and wait for your monitor

Last time if not mistaken I bought my current samsung monitor for 70 only from courts. I rmmbr I went all the way to woodlands to pickup. I think got 4- 5 years already.

 

The cheapest I found so far is 139 for LG and 149 for philips. I dun need expensive one. Just enough for using words/excel n internet surfing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Monitor
5 hours ago, Since u r here said:

And such iT queries shd b posted in iT , not here pls

I'm sorry for that. I posted a related post in that IT category but no reponse so far. I am so happy to get some infos from this thread esp the prism+ brand :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Six

No monitor how to watch handsome boys doing different positions :blink:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest
5 hours ago, Since u r here said:

Kekekekeke

 

actually i m not a korean brand fan, who is with me??

 

 

why not?

Samsung and LG,

their TV, fridge, washing machines etc, all damn good and can last,

actually some of their technology overtaking the japanese brands already

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Since u r here said:

And such iT queries shd b posted in iT , not here pls

 

16 hours ago, Since u r here said:

BTW, this is not an english class forum

 

Are you again starting to arrogate some regulatory functions here?  You want these posts downvoted?

 

14 hours ago, Since u r here said:

Kekekekeke

 

actually i m not a korean brand fan, who is with me??

actually i dont use a monitor for quite sometime since i started with a laptop

 

I have had success with many products from S. Korea.  A LG washing machine 10 years old,  Two LCD big screen TVs, one 10 years old, the other 6 years,  several Samsung SSDs in my laptops, etc.  all working fine. No complaints.

 

And OF COURSE you have a built in monitor if you have a laptop.  Otherwise, to read something from the Internet you need an old teleprinter and some unique interface for it.   Even tablets, cellphones have built in monitors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

usu i downvote others and u want yours to be???????? again

I downvoted yours before, are u conducting disciplinary here thinking u r a monitor in this thread????????

 

I take notice that you are again trying to act as a moderator at this site by telling others what to do.

I am well justified to do so,  because YOU ARE NOT a moderator.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Since u r here said:

usu i downvote others and u want yours to be???????? again

I downvoted yours before, are u conducting disciplinary here thinking u r a monitor in this thread????????

 

I noticed that you have downvoted five of my post,  four of which have nothing to do with this thread. 

You did this once before, you downvoted four of my post out of pure spite.  

I did not retaliate at the time, and I sent you a personal message that you chose to ignore.  

So it was cowardice on top of giving up to irrational anger.

 

This time I am not being so passive.  

Either you undo your four downvotes in other threads,  or I will accept your challenge to a downvoting war,

and I will downvote your posts faster than you will be able to count them.   :angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Since u r here said:


I downvoted yours before, are u conducting disciplinary here thinking u r a monitor in this thread????????

 

First, the TS had a good reason to post his question here since there is nearly zero visibility in the "IT Rest Room"

Second,  where you get the nerve to criticize Practise for his English, when you use a horrible chopped up writing that is not cute but highly ridiculous for an old guy like you?

 

Your criticisms were against civility, and you had to be made aware of that.  In response, you downvoted my post.  Very clearly you are initiating a stupid confrontation,

and you may get the worst of it if you don't back up!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, NE-STR said:

Value buy monitors

 

No need for gaming monitor with high refresh rates.

 

You are right.   

 

First, Guest Monitor needs to check (if he has not done this already) that his monitor has indeed blown up and was not locked up for some reason, or had a bad plug.

Then if necessary and to get out of the bind, he should find an inexpensive monitor, maybe reconditioned, and also with the idea of having it as a backup.

 

Then, he should take his time investigating and finding a good deal for an attractive large monitor with high resolution, nice image, fast refresh, etc.

.

Edited by Steve5380

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Uncle
On 5/10/2020 at 7:47 AM, Guest Monitor said:

Where can I buy one during Circuit Breaker? Those online I saw a few is refurbished. Is it good to buy refurbished one? Not sure 12 May, courts will be open or not? 

Aiyo, what a dumb question!! How old are you?? This post truly exposes the person's IQ level. Lucky, this is such an inclusive forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Monitor

I found on lazada a monitor within my budget. 18.5 inch acer for 75. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest tv, movies

Great!

But 18" quite small nowadays.

 

24" is more the norm. Very important is a clear picture, if you use it a lot, because if the vision is not good, you will spoil your eyes. And you know , nowadays we all use screens, internet much too much!

 

It is enjoyable to watch online movies, YouTube on such a bigger screen.

I don't like to watch the stuff on a laptop screen, it is too small.

I move a bit away from the desk and it is already near as good as a home movie screen with a bigger 24" screen. You can get very good brands like Dell at 138 S$ on offer.

 

And for second hand, be careful, I bought one second hand some year back and it just lasted like 7 months. Ended up paying more than buying a good branded with warranty.

 

Last point: It is not always easy to connect a different brand Monitor to your PC or laptop. I had problems with a Sharp monitor, it could not be connected properly to my Dell PC.

The IT guy said, it's about the drives, they might not always be "compatible" if you use different brands. In such cases it is good if you can return the item.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Guest Monitor said:

I found on lazada a monitor within my budget. 18.5 inch acer for 75. 

gd deal lah!!! but delivery free? I think if u dont use it for gaming , the size should be ok...........
glad that it is back to IT thread! so that the next who are seeking for such items know where to search for them as reference

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Monitor
On 5/12/2020 at 9:05 PM, Since u r here said:

gd deal lah!!! but delivery free? I think if u dont use it for gaming , the size should be ok...........
glad that it is back to IT thread! so that the next who are seeking for such items know where to search for them as reference

My monitor arrived 2 days ago. Delivered by ninjavan. I was ready to go to sleep. Then the guy came to deliver my monitor at 9.30pm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Guest Monitor said:

My monitor arrived 2 days ago. Delivered by ninjavan. I was ready to go to sleep. Then the guy came to deliver my monitor at 9.30pm. 

Then did u started installing and testing it till after 10pm that nite??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
counter