Male HQ

My monitor just blow up

Guest Monitor

Guest Monitor

Where can I buy one during Circuit Breaker? Those online I saw a few is refurbished. Is it good to buy refurbished one? Not sure 12 May, courts will be open or not? 

Guest Google

I always wonder why the google generation can’t use the internet?

always want to be spooned...

In line with enhanced public safety measures, all Challenger stores will be closed temporarily from 7 April to 1 June 2020. 
Shop 24/7 on www.hachi.tech to have your IT product needs delivered to your doorstep. In-store collection will not be available. 
For latest updates, please log in to your ValueClub app or follow our Telegram channeland Facebook page.

19 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

u used?? How was it?? I nearly wanna get their tv version but after reading online i gave up

I am using their PCs which is really good, performance wise and stability. Wanted to get the Prism+ the last time too but the exact model wasn't available back then. The TVs are selling out like hotcakes, I wish I had a reason to buy one...regrettably...I don't.

12 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

Too hotcakes le must wait 2 weeks to preOrder first for its deliveries

But the prices are truly unbeatable. There were so many people who bought the second time after receiving their first purchase. It's like everyone can have a 55" mounted in all the rooms within their house at that rate.

22 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

Sadly hardwarezone hardcore zoners insisted that prism cherry-picked gd comments and listed them on their site and

they r only 3yr old nia! So i m nt sure of its durability

my relatives stopped me from buying too

btw, what was the brand of your old or current tv???mine is coming to 10yr old soon and it s not down yet and it s a 55’’ or so.....

Ah, mine are all from Samsung. Very good TVs but can be pricey, I bought them off sales. 

I think it is good to be a hoarder prior to CB.  Hoarding is now justified given most shops and "essential" are closed for weeks. If war or worse pandemic comes again, I will be camping all over Singapore to get the things I need and pushed a dozen trolleys if need be.  

Guest Guest

Prism+ price really very attractive but very skeptical about the all almost perfect reviews. Heard they delete negative reviews.

I think can buy to try but their products might not last.

Those expensive Sony, LG, Samsung all can really last very long.

Guest Monitor

1 hour ago, 仙人掌 said:

这里有一台spare monitor, 可以借你。

傍晚前连同地址回复,会托人今晚送去你家。

Thanks Lao Shi, dont want to trouble you. Luckily finished my WFH online course before it blew up. Wanted to format some docs but cannot already. I think it's God will. God wants me to study. So I pickup an overdue textbook to study instead while searching for a lowcost monitor to buy. 

52 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

it wont fluctuate much i believe, all the prices i bought 10years before dropped tremendously, my TV cost (LCD) less than 3K, but i believe in today (although w huge inflation) , it is still cheaper by a huge difference .......

BTW, this is not an english class forum

If that's the case, I suppose it would be better to stick with reputable brands just in case. 

Guest Monitor
8 hours ago, Since u r here said:

Of cos it will not be opened! All advisories are still working from home or with rotation even if it opened.... but all the elect shops are doing deliveries, so just order and wait for your monitor

Last time if not mistaken I bought my current samsung monitor for 70 only from courts. I rmmbr I went all the way to woodlands to pickup. I think got 4- 5 years already.

The cheapest I found so far is 139 for LG and 149 for philips. I dun need expensive one. Just enough for using words/excel n internet surfing. 

Guest Monitor
5 hours ago, Since u r here said:

And such iT queries shd b posted in iT , not here pls

I'm sorry for that. I posted a related post in that IT category but no reponse so far. I am so happy to get some infos from this thread esp the prism+ brand :)

Guest Guest
5 hours ago, Since u r here said:

Kekekekeke

actually i m not a korean brand fan, who is with me??

why not?

Samsung and LG,

their TV, fridge, washing machines etc, all damn good and can last,

actually some of their technology overtaking the japanese brands already

20 hours ago, Since u r here said:

And such iT queries shd b posted in iT , not here pls

16 hours ago, Since u r here said:

BTW, this is not an english class forum

Are you again starting to arrogate some regulatory functions here?  You want these posts downvoted?

14 hours ago, Since u r here said:

Kekekekeke

actually i m not a korean brand fan, who is with me??

actually i dont use a monitor for quite sometime since i started with a laptop

I have had success with many products from S. Korea.  A LG washing machine 10 years old,  Two LCD big screen TVs, one 10 years old, the other 6 years,  several Samsung SSDs in my laptops, etc.  all working fine. No complaints.

And OF COURSE you have a built in monitor if you have a laptop.  Otherwise, to read something from the Internet you need an old teleprinter and some unique interface for it.   Even tablets, cellphones have built in monitors.

4 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

usu i downvote others and u want yours to be???????? again

I downvoted yours before, are u conducting disciplinary here thinking u r a monitor in this thread????????

I take notice that you are again trying to act as a moderator at this site by telling others what to do.

I am well justified to do so,  because YOU ARE NOT a moderator.

1 hour ago, Since u r here said:

usu i downvote others and u want yours to be???????? again

I downvoted yours before, are u conducting disciplinary here thinking u r a monitor in this thread????????

I noticed that you have downvoted five of my post,  four of which have nothing to do with this thread. 

You did this once before, you downvoted four of my post out of pure spite.  

I did not retaliate at the time, and I sent you a personal message that you chose to ignore.  

So it was cowardice on top of giving up to irrational anger.

This time I am not being so passive.  

Either you undo your four downvotes in other threads,  or I will accept your challenge to a downvoting war,

and I will downvote your posts faster than you will be able to count them.   :angry:

1 hour ago, Since u r here said:

First, the TS had a good reason to post his question here since there is nearly zero visibility in the "IT Rest Room"

Second,  where you get the nerve to criticize Practise for his English, when you use a horrible chopped up writing that is not cute but highly ridiculous for an old guy like you?

Your criticisms were against civility, and you had to be made aware of that.  In response, you downvoted my post.  Very clearly you are initiating a stupid confrontation,

and you may get the worst of it if you don't back up!

11 hours ago, NE-STR said:

Value buy monitors

No need for gaming monitor with high refresh rates.

You are right.   

First, Guest Monitor needs to check (if he has not done this already) that his monitor has indeed blown up and was not locked up for some reason, or had a bad plug.

Then if necessary and to get out of the bind, he should find an inexpensive monitor, maybe reconditioned, and also with the idea of having it as a backup.

Then, he should take his time investigating and finding a good deal for an attractive large monitor with high resolution, nice image, fast refresh, etc.

Edited by Steve5380

Guest Uncle
On 5/10/2020 at 7:47 AM, Guest Monitor said:

Where can I buy one during Circuit Breaker? Those online I saw a few is refurbished. Is it good to buy refurbished one? Not sure 12 May, courts will be open or not? 

Aiyo, what a dumb question!! How old are you?? This post truly exposes the person's IQ level. Lucky, this is such an inclusive forum.

Guest tv, movies

Great!

But 18" quite small nowadays.

24" is more the norm. Very important is a clear picture, if you use it a lot, because if the vision is not good, you will spoil your eyes. And you know , nowadays we all use screens, internet much too much!

It is enjoyable to watch online movies, YouTube on such a bigger screen.

I don't like to watch the stuff on a laptop screen, it is too small.

I move a bit away from the desk and it is already near as good as a home movie screen with a bigger 24" screen. You can get very good brands like Dell at 138 S$ on offer.

And for second hand, be careful, I bought one second hand some year back and it just lasted like 7 months. Ended up paying more than buying a good branded with warranty.

Last point: It is not always easy to connect a different brand Monitor to your PC or laptop. I had problems with a Sharp monitor, it could not be connected properly to my Dell PC.

The IT guy said, it's about the drives, they might not always be "compatible" if you use different brands. In such cases it is good if you can return the item.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Monitor
On 5/12/2020 at 9:05 PM, Since u r here said:

gd deal lah!!! but delivery free? I think if u dont use it for gaming , the size should be ok...........
glad that it is back to IT thread! so that the next who are seeking for such items know where to search for them as reference

My monitor arrived 2 days ago. Delivered by ninjavan. I was ready to go to sleep. Then the guy came to deliver my monitor at 9.30pm. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.