Male HQ

An Open Letter

Larry

1 minute ago, Guest Bystander said:

See what I meant? I knew my post would attract member, in this case, to challenge me.  If I tried to keep engaging with the above non stop , it will never end and I know this member will never give up wanting to be stimulated with argument  , like playing ping ping ball.  This happened in larry's other story thread. 

So I am going to set a good example here. Simply ignore further debate with him and consider this as my last post here. Only then, I hope this member can disappear from bickering non stop to keep this place tidy. I hope he did the same with other guests too.

Bye!

Wonderful!  I wish other guests would take example and also stop debating needlessly.   You were a "Bystander", yet you posted while you didn't understand.  So better stay 100% a bystander.   You left however unanswered a question I asked you: why are you a guest instead of a member?

28 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Wonderful!  I wish other guests would take example and also stop debating needlessly.   You were a "Bystander", yet you posted while you didn't understand.  So better stay 100% a bystander.   You left however unanswered a question I asked you: why are you a guest instead of a member?

By 'Bystander', the guest was probably quoting 當局者迷,'旁觀者'清。

I assume the 'gravity' of this thread has shifted from Larry exhorting Freedom of Speech to complaining discrimination against her 'millieu'.

Larry has chosen to ignore the (hopefully only local) customs of 朋黨比周,黨同伐異.  Nonetheless, with this drop in level of materialistic and physical pleasures, the overall political environment is more likely to move towards a model of self-withdrawal in the guise of Nationalism.  An easy means is to belittle, hate and persecute the 'OTHERS', a 'class' Larry falls even easier into.

An assumption on my part, plus consideration for the moderators, may I suggest AGREEING TO DISAGREE for the time being?

累石之下,焉得完卵

匹夫無罪,懷璧其罪

人生知是應何似,應似飛鴻踏雪泥

1 hour ago, wilfgene said:

By 'Bystander', the guest was probably quoting 當局者迷,'旁觀者'清。

I assume the 'gravity' of this thread has shifted from Larry exhorting Freedom of Speech to complaining discrimination against her 'millieu'.

Larry has chosen to ignore the (hopefully only local) customs of 朋黨比周,黨同伐異.  Nonetheless, with this drop in level of materialistic and physical pleasures, the overall political environment is more likely to move towards a model of self-withdrawal in the guise of Nationalism.  An easy means is to belittle, hate and persecute the 'OTHERS', a 'class' Larry falls even easier into.

An assumption on my part, plus consideration for the moderators, may I suggest AGREEING TO DISAGREE for the time being?

累石之下,焉得完卵

匹夫無罪,懷璧其罪

人生知是應何似,應似飛鴻踏雪泥

Ummmm.... I think your understanding is wrong. This thread was never about "Larry exhorting Freedom of Speech" . On the contrary, the thread is about "Larry restricting Freedom of Speech" by suggesting to make things difficult/disadvantageous for guests posting. And to make it worse. he and his gang tried to pretend that the suggestion is perfectly OK, because they were only nibbling away whatever rights that were given to others at the beginning, while the bulk of the guest privileges are still intact. That is what this thread is all about.

It's quite apt that you should cite the political climate as an example, because that is exactly what is happening here: People try to nibble away whatever rights you might have by giving excuses that they can dream, and the next thing you know is it becomes more difficult for guest to post or even impossible for Singaporeans to vote for their President. 

However, there is one thing right about what you said, and that is the shift of her "to complaining discrimination against her 'millieu'". But isn't it just a matter of him getting a taste of his own medicine, now that the discriminations has been served right back to him after he wanted to discriminate against guests? Of course she can argue that guests are not contributing much to this forum. If that is the case, the same can be said of crossdressers too, right? And yet she goes around talking about "本是同根生,相煎何太急"?

Karma took a while to happen, but it still finally did happen. What goes around, really did come around. As the saying goes, "People living in glass houses should not be casting stones". If you can't take it, don't dish it out. 

15 hours ago, Larry said:

Brief history & explanation for the poem《本是同根生,相煎何太急》

This is a history story. The author of this poem 曹植 was the younger brother of the king(曹丕). And what 曹丕 fear most was that his brother 曹植 would replace him. So 曹丕 planned to kill his brother, demanded 曹植 to make a poem within seven steps, otherwise would execute him. And 曹植 made this poem.

Direct translation of the poem:

本是同根生,相煎何太急?We are born of the selfsame root, why should you torment me so much?

Simplified translation:

相煎何太急 means that 曹植 was so sad that his brother wanted him dead soon. To some extent, 相煎 is a metaphor, indicating that his brother was so ruthless to persecute him ignoring the relationship of brother. In ancient chinese poem, what you need is to understand the meaning of whole sentences, and it is hard to explain some of the words.

Existence in this modern society environment:

At present moment, the poem has become popular phrases in Chinese speaking society, appeared on novels, newspaper, movies & TV dramas. There were abundant examples where the phrases were used, examples such as on political party in-fighting, disciples disputes, splitting in the clan association & etc., all for the sake of power struggling, financial gain, political career advancement or even chasing after the same girl & etc.

How the phrases went into this thread?

On 11/13/2019 at 11:19 PM, Guest Fan said:

You have been a member here for many years and contributed well with your story.  Do you feel that the forum is discriminating trans as some of them are complaining in another thread?

And my reply on November 15th is as following:

Anywhere, any places not excluding this forum, this is a vicious world, the straights look down on gays, and the gays look down on us, the cross-dressers & transsexuals.

Me & my fellow sisters are so use to this, 'ah qua', 'bapok' etc. etc., so what? No big deal.

本是同根生相煎何太急?We are born of the selfsame root, Why should you torment me so much?

Here came the nuisance

On Monday 14th this week one faceless so-called “Guest” came with the following comments:

And this actually came from someone who wrote some big long "open letter" to ask for discrimination of the Guests from Members, right here on this forum just a couple of months back? And there she was, talking something about "本是同根生,相煎何太急"??? 

… and he added the following,

One word: HYPOCRISY. 

My first observation

1.    He attacked me on my other thread “An Open Letter”, that I asked to discriminate Guests from Members.

2.   In my first maiden post, I proposed nothing. I told GM to adopt 'live & let live', this is a real world with all kind of people, including the lonely ghosts (孤魂野鬼) such as you. Up to them, want to bicker, so be it. We should not stop them, let them show us how low their IQ.

3.    I bet you to locate if there is a single discrimination on my maiden post, and I allow you to place 50 cents bet against my $1000 offer, ha-ha...

4.   It was actually Guest Hazily Instructor (16 May) made the proposal.

5.   I seconded him & gave a counter proposal: redefine Main Forum for members only & replace Members' Lounge to Guests' Lounge.

If you deemed that Guests’ Lounge is a form of discrimination on you, just too bad for your narrow minded-ness, as the idea was originated by another guest, i.e. Hazily Instructor. Goodness, guest verses another guest, LOL….

You should know the purpose of such proposal & be appreciative; it is for people such like you enjoy posting all kinds of trolling post.

Quoting herewith a statement from Steve5380 for your consumption,

It's true.  We can never be sure who a "guest" is.  "Guest Guest" can be a multitude of people, or just one name of a person who posts with hundreds of them.  It is synonymous with deception, with hiding in some darkness that may come from fear or from some sick compulsion.

This is one of several reasons why whatever comes out of "guest" trolls is not worth any consideration, except maybe some interesting speculation of what sickness the troll has.  

And another quote from singalion,

It doesn't make sense to discuss with you any further because it doesn't lead to anything due to your limited pre-conceived mindset. 

My next observation

You were quick to pick on the quote 本是同根生 whereas I asked you a question: Are you feather of the same flock?

My intention is simple, i.e. not because you participate in this forum (disregarding contributing or not), you will become one of us, the so-called LGBT community automatically.

Not for me, that you fail to meet my choice. I'm a 'class' person, a class not on whether you are poor or rich, but rather on your character, personality & integrity.

Who are you? Do you have a sound mind? Do you have a proper job?

Your ultimate intention

1.    To troll as much as possible in this forum. This is your way to kill your time.

2.   To agitate everybody & to achieve thread being lock-up by the moderator.

My conclusion

I will not response to you further, because you are simply not my ‘class’.

I will not care if the thread get lock-up or not, similarly for another thread Forbidden Attraction too.

Thanks for your detailed answer and taking the time to put your view through.

14 hours ago, Guest Bystander said:

I don't quite understand the whole story here.. I do understand there are regular members who love to play "ping pong" with guests (troll or non troll).  Yes, almost quite indefinitely and you would have wished either party just stop doing what they were doing.  I find some members here can be quite irritating too. They felt so stimulated to engage in angry fight  with guests in every single bickering post they came across. No one can win a ghost writer, and the best fight is to ignore its existence. With that I believed member should bore the blame no less. I think it has to do with age.  The older one gets, the more they tried to win , at all costs in every argument. Ego is the greatest bitch of all disaster. I saw these happening in real life, in our neighbourhood area and coffee shops. Uncles engaging in fist fight , out of the blue is not uncommon. This forum is no difference.  There is no reason to close coffee shops or barricade the whole neighborhood because of a few trouble makers.  Just beware of their existence and stay out of their sight. 

Peace.

Peace upon you.

Members having issues with each other is nothing uncommon to the real world. We have problems even with our best friends on times too. Or if you find some members irritating, this is not the main problem.

The main issue with BW currently is in fact a technical issue.

BW currently does not have any tool or means to permanently block off any irritating Guest who clearly and repeatedly violates BW's usage terms and who follow no other purpose than to disrupt, stir up emotions etc.

At the moment BW can only place punishment measures against Members in banning their account for "egregious" rules violators.

That is the main issue in my view.

If BW had a tool to block off any such repeating and permanently disturbing Guests, then we would not need to discuss on this.

It is an internal decision by BW to permit recalcitrant and toxic Guests to disrupt the Forums. As long as BW does not intend to look into this issue, we will have to live with these toxic Guests.

The fact for having Guests around who exploit and abuse the Guest option is known to the Moderators.

BW thinks it can handle these toxic Guests. Initially, they took an approach to simply move any violating post to the Flaming Room. But it in my view the measures are just cosmetic and the current approach doesn't resolve the main issue of getting rid of such toxic Guests, because one minute later the same toxic Guest will just post again at the Main Forum. The worst is: Moderators are not online 24/7, toxic posts remain untreated for 12/15/48 hours and issue grows into this "ping pong" or heated posts causing fires and damage to the Forum.

In fact, in my view the Moderators are taking a high risk and are actually for long grappling to "clean up" the Forums.

The main solution has been recommended to BW plenty of times but ended so far on deaf ears.

Look, with the more restricting legal regulation and environment in Singapore, it is just a matter of time when BW will be in the public focus.

But then it is probably too late to seriously look into the issue.

At current modus I can only appeal to your community sense: Instead of permitting to blow up on certain "disruptions" or the appearance of the same toxic Guests in the Forums or to respond to toxic posts, notify BW soonest with the reporting tool on any issues.

But in my hopes and cockles of my heart I would look forward if BW implemented a more efficient solution to the issue in the long term.

Edited by singalion
-

3 hours ago, luvhandle said:

Chim woh!!!! Why typed in fanti?

i m for 不偏不党

While i m not standing for any party, i only support the ideas i like

the thread started well but a useless fight cos no1’s suggestion will be heed!

They come in packages, gangs and parties.

絕代有佳人,

遺世而獨立

I miss Fanta?

13 minutes ago, singalion said:

Peace upon you.

Members having issues with each other is nothing uncommon to the real world. We have problems even with our best friends on times too. Or if you find some members irritating, this is not the main problem.

The main issue with BW currently is in fact a technical issue.

BW currently does not have any tool or means to permanently block off any irritating Guest who clearly and repeatedly violates BW's usage terms and who follow no other purpose than to disrupt, stir up emotions etc.

At the moment BW can only place punishment measures against Members in banning their account for "egregious" rules violators.

That is the main issue in my view.

If BW had a tool to block off any such repeating and permanently disturbing Guests, then we would not need to discuss on this.

It is an internal decision by BW to permit recalcitrant and toxic Guests to disrupt the Forums. As long as BW does not intend to look into this issue, we will have to live with these toxic Guests.

The fact for having Guests around who exploit and abuse the Guest option is known to the Moderators.

BW thinks it can handle these toxic Guests. Initially, they took an approach to simply move any violating post to the Flaming Room. But it in my view the measures are just cosmetic and the current approach doesn't resolve the main issue of getting rid of such toxic Guests, because one minute later the same toxic Guest will just post again at the Main Forum. The worst is: Moderators are not online 24/7, toxic posts remain untreated for 12/15/48 hours and issue grows into this "ping pong" or heated posts causing fires and damage to the Forum.

In fact, in my view the Moderators are taking a high risk and are actually for long grappling to "clean up" the Forums.

The main solution has been recommended to BW plenty of times but ended so far on deaf ears.

Look, with the more restricting legal regulation and environment in Singapore, it is just a matter of time when BW will be in the public focus.

But then it is probably too late to seriously look into the issue.

At current modus I can only appeal to your community sense: Instead of permitting to blow up on certain "disruptions" or the appearance of the same toxic Guests in the Forums or to respond to toxic posts, notify BW soonest with the reporting tool on any issues.

But in my hopes and cockles of my heart I would look forward if BW implemented a more efficient solution to the issue in the long term.

There have always been not just one, but THREE, solutions for you :

(1) go start your own forum or

(2) go to other forums where only members are allowed to post like Trevvy Fridae etc or

(2) go into the Members Lounge. 

But yet you want people to change this forum for you? 

6 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

There have always been not just one, but THREE, solutions for you :

(1) go start your own forum or

(2) go to other forums where only members are allowed to post like Trevvy Fridae etc or

(2) go into the Members Lounge. 

But yet you want people to change this forum for you? 

But this would mean avoiding to resolve the issue.

And why should I as a Member leave the Forum?

In every case, don't we tend to find proper solutions to handle issues?

And if there are issues, then isn't it appropriate to look for a permanent solution?

If there had been technical issues BW resolved them soonest upon occurrence.

I don't think I want people to change the forum just for me.

If there hadn't been an issue why then so many people are speaking out on those irritating toxic Guests and why these ping pong brawls start over and over?

I see many who voiced out to change it. It seems a 2/3 against 1/3 for excluding Guests.

What do I benefit from closing my eyes to recurrent and permanent issues at BW?

And what is the purpose of BW to permit recalcitrant toxic Guests to post their inappropriate/disturbing/trolling posts here daily?

And why do the Moderators want to take up that job of requiring to clean up the Main Forum from toxic posts (mostly from the same problematic Guests) every day on and on?

Shall we understand the Main Forum as the last straw discussion media platform for mentally deranged or xenophobe Guests to find a space to cure their issues or continue on their trait?

Edited by singalion

Guest Guest is not your Guessing

You guys really very drama.  本是同根生 refers to siblings, having same mother or father.  It is NOT THE SAME among strangers who shared "same interest", same "races" or same religion.   In fact, you guys should simply used本是同林鸟 in your defense or argument. 

The final verdict

Guest score 60%

Member score 40%

The winner is....

Your Guess is as good as mine

3 hours ago, Guest Guest is not your Guessing said:

You guys really very drama.  本是同根生 refers to siblings, having same mother or father.  It is NOT THE SAME among strangers who shared "same interest", same "races" or same religion.   In fact, you guys should simply used本是同林鸟 in your defense or argument. 

On brief history & explanation for the poem《本是同根生,相煎何太急》, I touched on the existence & application of the poem in this modern society environment:

At present moment, the poem has become popular phra同根ses in Chinese speaking society, appeared on novels, newspaper, movies & TV dramas. There were abundant examples where the phrases were used, examples such as on political party in-fighting, disciples disputes, splitting in the clan association & etc., all for the sake of power struggling, financial gain, political career advancement or even chasing after the same girl & etc.

In the late '80, I was out stationed in New York city, USA. I was invited by my US colleague to attend a function organized by the Organization of Chinese Americans. Though I repeatedly emphasized that I was born in Singapore & not in any part of China, but the people treated me with no difference, as they kept harping on the concept of 同宗同亲 (same clan same family).

As long as I am yellow skinned & able to speak Mandarin, I am acceptable to be one fellow of them.

The concept of 同根生 has taken a modern twist, that is why disciples from one same kongfu master, regardless they are Indian, Malay or Chinese, are known to be 同根 (same root same master).

Like it or not, you need to accept the change, as the world evolve.

I hope my explanation is acceptable with you.

Guest I love Animals
Guest I love Animals
44 minutes ago, Larry said:

....and also, tried not to mislead the Ang Mo with your myopic view.  You are not doing the Chinese american a great favour.  They would feel safer being who they prefer to be, not some communist root in a distant land, but they can still enjoy their culture and tradition being an Asian (not just Chinese)

6 hours ago, singalion said:

And why should I as a Member leave the Forum?

Wows, what's a revolutionary suggestion, only can happen in this forum.
鹊巢鸠占 ( 鵲巢鳩占 ) :  seize another person's house, land & etc. 比喻强占别人的房屋, 土地, 产业等

Hopefully this suggestion is doing well to our humble, tolerance & magnanimous moderators. Pip Pip Hooray... 

马 不知脸长 Every ass likes to hear himself bray, men are blind in their own cause 

Edited by Larry

50 minutes ago, Larry said:

Too bad, I was in NY but you are yet to be there.

I am fortunate to be there as such I am qualified to relate my personal experience here, not on your wild guess or unproven imagination.

Fly there & find out.

I think you could be right.

So far he, if he ever leaves his flat at all, what I doubt,  flew with the cable car from Harbourfront to Sentosa...

😂

1 hour ago, Guest I love Animals said:

You are saying that when a Cat is caught under the Lion's maw, the Cat can call out to the Lion and said: 本是同根生相煎何太急?Or a Gorilla tried to strangle a Gibbon, the Gibbon cried out 本是同根生相煎何太急, all in the name of evolving mindset?

You may approach any film director to use your story to a new kids cartoon movie. Seriously, no kidding.

Ha-ha, please find a better illustration for your argument.

7 hours ago, Guest Guest is not your Guessing said:

Very strange, I posed the question to Guest is not your Guessing. Where are you? I love Animals answered on you behalf????

2 hours ago, Larry said:

The concept of 同根生 has taken a modern twist, that is why disciples from one same kongfu master, regardless they are Indian, Malay or Chinese, are known to be 同根 (same root same master).

Like it or not, you need to accept the change, as the world evolve.

1 hour ago, Guest I love Animals said:

5 hours ago, Larry said:

Wows, what's a revolutionary suggestion, only can happen in this forum.
鹊巢鸠占 ( 鵲巢鳩占 ) :  seize another person's house, land & etc. 比喻强占别人的房屋, 土地, 产业等

Hopefully this suggestion is doing well to our humble, tolerance & magnanimous moderators. Pip Pip Hooray... 

马 不知脸长 Every ass likes to hear himself bray, men are blind in their own cause 

Actually, at the beginning, BW started without the need to log in with "members accounts". So who is seizing whose house, land & etc over here now? You already proved yourself to be quite ignorant on your usage of Chinese idioms, there's really no need to further prove your ignorance of BW's history too. 

And also, if your profile picture is anything to go about, it is you who should be worried about 马 不知脸长

The irony seems to be lost on many people here: I was just scanning through this thread for "old times sake", and I noticed the very members who are asking for a ban or a restriction (or whatever you want to call it) on guests postings, are none other than the trolling Members themselves. I wonder how they will like it if their own posts gets deleted one by one, or their accounts get banned, exactly the way they are asking to be done to the guests. That's going to be some nice deserving karma served right back to them on a silver platter, and it's be really fun to watch. Hahaha.. 

On 6/8/2020 at 10:49 PM, Guest Ain't broken said:

I will just sleep over it and move on.  There are just too much thing to do in life, than to pander to a few and cause Humpty Dumpty to fall from the wall and then all the king’s horses and all the king’s men, couldn’t put Humpty together again.

This is my favorite post in this thread: "It ain't broken". :lol: 

Some would think that I should take the opposite position since blood thirsty guests sometimes descend on me.  But the reality is that with or without guests:    "Steve ain't broken"  :thumb:

Guest Guest is not your Guessing
9 hours ago, Larry said:

On brief history & explanation for the poem《本是同根生,相煎何太急》, I touched on the existence & application of the poem in this modern society environment:

There were abundant examples where the phrases were used, examples such as on political party in-fighting, disciples disputes, splitting in the clan association & etc., all for the sake of power struggling, financial gain, political career advancement or even chasing after the same girl & etc.

I will not accept your view.  Modern twist to the word  同根生 does not mean one should twist its original meaning. 

Chinese has very rich vocabulary for thousands of years.  There is no lack of finding the right meaning of words, for different occassions.   Your own brother and sister 同根亲兄弟, should not be confused with "brotherhood" or "sisterhood" 同门 or 同盟师兄弟 you addressed to othersAs for politics, we should use 同党 (same party) instead of 同根 (same root). Similarly, same native tribes we used 同土同村. Even a distant relatives by blood and ancestry, we used 同亲

Thus, 同宗同亲 should be accurately translated to mean coming from the same ancestry and with blood related family.  Same clan same family, is not an accurate translation of the meaning 同宗同亲. I believe in the usance of Chinese original meaning, not a blurry English transation of it.  As Chinese, you should know what 宗 and 亲 are supposed to mean in its literal sense.

On that last note,  I would not want to use 本是同根生 in this forum to address our comrades here.  I would prefer to use

本是 同好 之人 instead of 本是同根生

相煎何太急?

My final parting shot: There is no one medicine that could cure all ailments. We should treat every ailment very differently and with the right antidote. Same applies to the use of proper Chinese language here.

My humble opinion. 

Peace

3 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

This is my favorite post in this thread: "It ain't broken". :lol: 

Some would think that I should take the opposite position since blood thirsty guests sometimes descend on me.  But the reality is that with or without guests:    "Steve ain't broken"  :thumb:

Hmmmm....And I thought it is exactly because you are broken, and that's why you are taking the stand you are taking right now? No? 🤔🤔🤔 

16 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Hmmmm....And I thought it is exactly because you are broken, and that's why you are taking the stand you are taking right now? No? 🤔🤔🤔 

I am not broken.  But the post you wrote me is expected to break my heart!  :(.   Why so mean?

13 hours ago, Guest Guest is not your Guessing said:

I will not accept your view.  Modern twist to the word  同根生 does not mean one should twist its original meaning. 

Chinese has very rich vocabulary for thousands of years.  There is no lack of finding the right meaning of words, for different occassions.   Your own brother and sister 同根亲兄弟, should not be confused with "brotherhood" or "sisterhood" 同门 or 同盟师兄弟 you addressed to othersAs for politics, we should use 同党 (same party) instead of 同根 (same root). Similarly, same native tribes we used 同土同村. Even a distant relatives by blood and ancestry, we used 同亲

Thus, 同宗同亲 should be accurately translated to mean coming from the same ancestry and with blood related family.  Same clan same family, is not an accurate translation of the meaning 同宗同亲. I believe in the usance of Chinese original meaning, not a blurry English transation of it.  As Chinese, you should know what 宗 and 亲 are supposed to mean in its literal sense.

On that last note,  I would not want to use 本是同根生 in this forum to address our comrades here.  I would prefer to use

本是 同好 之人 instead of 本是同根生

Yes, yes, yes, your explanation is perfectly correct, strictly from the dictionaries, 同根 (same root) is different from 同党 (same party), 同宗同亲 (same clan same family) & etc. However this explanation suits for the classrooms, for the school going students but fails to suit all adults.

As I had mentioned that the word 同根 has taken a modern twist, it is now become blurry. If we can live with those laughable cyber vocabulary (inclusive Chinese), thus the new twist on the word 同根 comes with no surprise.

The key word here is "同" (same, no difference or something common), a word extremely crucial to this fast moving society, focusing primarily on utility & material gain.

People are eager to search for something can be in common, "Oh, we're from the same school,", "Oh, I had worked there too,", "Oh, I was born in the same village too,", "Oh, I also like durian," etc. & etc. All for the purpose to establish a fast forward relationship, for whatsoever purpose that deems fit.

Even our Government & political parties have taken a similar approach, 存异求同 (accept differences but search for common). One easy way is that so long you own a pink identity card, you are accepted as a Singapore regardless your race & religion.

Just like an idiotic donkey was quick to claim his belong to PLU or LGBT community, simply because of his participation in a gay forum. See, even a donkey tried to claim to be on a same root (同根).

'And this actually came from someone who wrote some big long "open letter" to ask for discrimination of the Guests from Members, right here on this forum just a couple of months back? And there she was, talking something about "本是同根生,相煎何太急"??? '

dated September 14th on another topic Forbidden Attraction

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Concerning all posts coming from that idiotic donkey, I will not response as mentioned before. I will skip this for others to response.

Goodnight.

16 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

The irony seems to be lost on many people here: I was just scanning through this thread for "old times sake", and I noticed the very members who are asking for a ban or a restriction (or whatever you want to call it) on guests postings, are none other than the trolling Members themselves. I wonder how they will like it if their own posts gets deleted one by one, or their accounts get banned, exactly the way they are asking to be done to the guests. That's going to be some nice deserving karma served right back to them on a silver platter, and it's be really fun to watch. Hahaha.. 

Edited by Larry

5 minutes ago, Larry said:

Yes, yes, yes, your explanation is perfectly correct, strictly from the dictionaries, 同根 (same root) is different from 同党 (same party), 同宗同亲 (same clan same family) & etc. However this explanation suits for the classrooms, for the school going students but fails to suit all adults.

As I had mentioned that the word 同根 has taken a modern twist, it is now become blurry. If we can live with those laughable cyber vocabulary (inclusive Chinese), thus the new twist on the word 同根 comes with no surprise.

The key word here is "同" (same, no difference or something common), a word extremely crucial to this fast moving society, focusing primarily on utility & material gain.

People are eager to search for something can be in common, "Oh, we're from the same school,", "Oh, I had worked there too,", "Oh, I was born in the same village too,", "Oh, I also like durian," etc. & etc. All for the purpose to establish a fast forward relationship, for whatsoever purpose that deems fit.

Even our Government & political parties have taken a similar approach, 存异求同 (accept differences but search for common). One easy way is that so long you own a pink identity card, you are accepted as a Singapore regardless your race & religion.

Just like an idiotic donkey was quick to claim his belong to PLU or LGBT community, simply because of his participation in a gay forum. See, even a donkey tried to claim to be on a same root (同根).

'And this actually came from someone who wrote some big long "open letter" to ask for discrimination of the Guests from Members, right here on this forum just a couple of months back? And there she was, talking something about "本是同根生,相煎何太急"??? '

dated September 14th on another topic Forbidden Attraction

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Concerning all posts coming from that idiotic donkey, I will not response as mentioned before. I will skip this for others to response.

Goodnight.

How can you dare to object to the findings of that Guest who is the only privy to traditional Chinese language in the world, and sheer the only one worldwide to interpret any Chinese poems from the first century AD. 

As he is petty on so many things he will keep sticking literally at every Chinese character.

Larry, you're leaning yourself so far out of the window. I can already see the garment of your bra!

Never ever any old Chinese poem or story is made for any adaptation into our world. Never...

ROFL.

Guest Hua Mulan
32 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

How has this "open letter" become a treatise of Chinese language?

Because someone re-opened this thread, and weaved poems to dramatise her stories. As it turns out, "she" was confused about the root of Chinese language.  Just like Hollywood over-dramatised Hua Mulan movie, but the actual story was not like that.   Luckily, you don't understand Chinese Language, otherwise you will be another layer of catastrophe here.  Thank God for that! 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.