Male HQ

Memories of Old Fort Road Beach

Guest Nick1969

Guest Nick1969

Was jogging along the East Coast when I came towards Fort Road and noticed a whole lot of construction going on. Brought back memories of the 90's when it was a popular place to gather and if you're lucky people watch. I remember taking a 30 minute walk from the entrance to venture deeper to the beautiful beach. And if you're blessed by the heavens you chance upon some nice people sun tanning in the nude or swimming. Back then people were nicer and bolder and would just lay naked on their towels and you could enjoy a great view of their physique and if luckier see some action. I remember many a time just settling down beside on or two nice individual who would let me help apply lotion and then proceed with jacking off or blow jobs or even a massage. I miss the good old days. Any one recall special moments there?

I used to study at Tanjong Rhu Boys. I discovered tis plc, Fort Road with my school buddy back in 1983 by chance! we used to cut thru the long kang from the school premise to reach thru this God forsaken place after passing thru the “forget what’s the private pool place” there. 😂

it was normal back then from outside but ONLY in 1989 when I am in college I ventured deep inside alone and I was like whoa!!!! it was haven for men in all his glory. it was a hassle to get thru the beach passing thru the long grass and endless paths. one can lost their way too. when I reached the beach surprisingly it was clean! I was spotted by an ang moh. instant attraction between us and my little meat got all excited seeing him so did he. his name was Michael and he wore glasses. my weakness. 😝 we talked n introduced ourselves and since we were the only living souls I guessed in less than 10 mins tongues tied and we had sex! it didn’t stop there though. we made our way out holding hands and we dropped by KFC Big Splash. Had our meal then and off to his place at Spottiswoode Park. another session of love making till night falls. 

fort road had been a weekly stopover activity for me back in the 90s. sunbathin nude, meetin people n havin kinky fun along the way.

i must say i met a lots of interesting people here in Fort Road back then. there were Teachers, Professor even, CBD professionals and also not forgetting male model whom were famous in the 90s!

Edited by trulyluq

7 minutes ago, trulyluq said:

I used to study at Tanjong Rhu Boys. I discovered tis plc, Fort Road with my school buddy back in 1983 by chance! we used to cut thru the long kang from the school premise to reach God forsake place after passing thru the “forget what’s the private pool place” there. 😂

it was normal back then from outside but ONLY in 1989 when I am in college I ventured deep inside alone and I was like whoa!!!! it was haven for men in all his glory. it was a hassle to get thru the beach passing thru the long grass and endless paths. one can lost their way too. when I reached the beach surprisingly it was clean! I I was spotted by an ang moh. instant attraction between us and my little meat got all excited seeing him so did he. his name was Michael and he wore glasses. my weakness. 😝 we talked n introduced ourselves and since we were the only living souls I guessed in less than 10 mins tongues tied and we had sex! it didn’t stop there though. we made our way out holding hands and we dropped by KFC Big Splash. Had our meal then and off to his place at Spottiswoode Park. another session of love making till night falls. 

fort road had been a weekly stopover activity for me back in the 90s. sunbathin nude, meetin people n havin kinky fun along the way.

i must say i met a lots of interesting people here in Fort Road back then. there were Teachers, Professor even, CBD professionals and also not forgetting male model whom were famous in the 90s!

Yes indeed 

Mmmmm

13 hours ago, Guest Nick1969 said:

Was jogging along the East Coast when I came towards Fort Road and noticed a whole lot of construction going on. Brought back memories of the 90's when it was a popular place to gather and if you're lucky people watch. I remember taking a 30 minute walk from the entrance to venture deeper to the beautiful beach. And if you're blessed by the heavens you chance upon some nice people sun tanning in the nude or swimming. Back then people were nicer and bolder and would just lay naked on their towels and you could enjoy a great view of their physique and if luckier see some action. I remember many a time just settling down beside on or two nice individual who would let me help apply lotion and then proceed with jacking off or blow jobs or even a massage. I miss the good old days. Any one recall special moments there?

Damn I was there before it got "popular" and I was around to slowly see it fade over the years and I still ride by once in a while from the outside perimeter given it has been taken over. Too many stories man.... too many good sexy memories :) :P and some not so good ones too heh... police raid and all.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Guest Time for Closure

There has been many topics about Ford Road over the years. I guess, it is time to move on because you cannot undo Singapore which has stripped itself of many old cruisy places. 

Guest Daniel Seah

Part of the Fort Road beach is still there untouched....there are a lot of State Land Signboard remind people no trespassing.

The beach is very clean....if you dare to enter to the beach. There are nice trial lead to the beach.

A nice place for nude suntanning.

Guest memory
On 5/25/2020 at 1:41 PM, trulyluq said:

I used to study at Tanjong Rhu Boys. I discovered tis plc, Fort Road with my school buddy back in 1983 by chance! we used to cut thru the long kang from the school premise to reach thru this God forsaken place after passing thru the “forget what’s the private pool place” there. 😂

Wasn't it the Singapore Swimming Club?

There was another at Meyer Rd, Chinese Swimming Club.

I met one of my bf at Fort Road.

People are writing on difficulties on finding gay friends on apps in these days. Despite cruising, Fort Road was a social circle to meet friends for life!!! Maybe the oppressing situation for gays in 90s bound us together. This during daytime. Nobody outright rejected other people and guys had the kindness to talk to each other, even if he wasn't your cup of teh tarek.

One of my gay friends (a couple) celebrated their birthday party at the beach with 40 pax attending.

I still remember the wild orange heliconia flowers on both sides of the path to the beach and the huge casuarina trees at the entry...

Don’t forget when your Shirt at night was trenched wet from the humidity at the front area near the huge casuarina trees or inside…

The worst was trying to get the last bus at the busstop outside the Muslim boys school on Mountbatten towards the city at midnight. It was 00:10 and not a second later, otherwise sleeping over or a nice guy taking you back with his cab if you were lucky. 

Later, even smart taxi drivers were queueing outside the roundabout to catch "passengers".

13 hours ago, Guest memory said:

Wasn't it the Singapore Swimming Club?

There was another at Meyer Rd, Chinese Swimming Club.

I met one of my bf at Fort Road.

People are writing on difficulties on finding gay friends on apps in these days. Despite cruising, Fort Road was a social circle to meet friends for life!!! Maybe the oppressing situation for gays in 90s bound us together. This during daytime. Nobody outright rejected other people and guys had the kindness to talk to each other, even if he wasn't your cup of teh tarek.

One of my gay friends (a couple) celebrated their birthday party at the beach with 40 pax attending.

I still remember the wild orange heliconia flowers on both sides of the path to the beach and the huge casuarina trees at the entry...

Don’t forget when your Shirt at night was trenched wet from the humidity at the front area near the huge casuarina trees or inside…

The worst was trying to get the last bus at the busstop outside the Muslim boys school on Mountbatten towards the city at midnight. It was 00:10 and not a second later, otherwise sleeping over or a nice guy taking you back with his cab if you were lucky. 

Later, even smart taxi drivers were queueing outside the roundabout to catch "passengers".

Ah yes! Singapore Swimming Club.

good ol days isnt it back then. reckon u cld be the same age as me then. 

57 minutes ago, wilfgene said:

Saddened by dog-walking couple seeking 3-some.

yup tat infamous couple. didnt care much fr them. only care fr tat 1 particular Japanese guy whom like to run shirtless n went he ws in btwn the forage he will tk all off n showcase all in his full glory😁😂

2 hours ago, trulyluq said:

yup tat infamous couple. didnt care much fr them. only care fr tat 1 particular Japanese guy whom like to run shirtless n went he ws in btwn the forage he will tk all off n showcase all in his full glory😁😂

The "lounger" or the hunk with only jock strap into necrophilia?

or the hunk lying face down on towel?  

Edited by wilfgene

42 minutes ago, wilfgene said:

The "lounger" or the hunk with only jock strap into necrophilia?

or the hunk lying face down on towel?  

None of those! He ws a Dean in NUS. Wore glasses. He ws always there durin weekdays. There were couple of "unforgettable hunks" flexin their body n junk but sadly am not into those. The only hunk i hd fling with ws disappointing. All big n macho but sissy! Haha .. Such a turn off!😂 i ws in awed lookin at him bt the moment he opened up his mouth n hands gesture all over DAMNED! Top him n i felt lousy after tat. 😂😂😂

Edited by trulyluq

Damn, this place gonna be one of the best in Sg at that period.  My first expat experience to SG, rented an apartment over at Meyer Road.  Staying there for a couple of weeks without realizing the damn cruisy atmosphere till one evening, i went for a jog.  The cruising started at the Katong Park till fort road area.  My pussy always thought her hubby is jogging but damn being blown and fucking daily.  Great memory. 

49 minutes ago, whitefuck said:

Damn, this place gonna be one of the best in Sg at that period.  My first expat experience to SG, rented an apartment over at Meyer Road.  Staying there for a couple of weeks without realizing the damn cruisy atmosphere till one evening, i went for a jog.  The cruising started at the Katong Park till fort road area.  My pussy always thought her hubby is jogging but damn being blown and fucking daily.  Great memory. 

Hubby is one nottie dude. Reckoned bn blown by gay take u to the moon n back 😁😂

Anyone remember the guy who let you tie him to the trees or tie himself up and offer you to do whatever you want with him front of back hehe.. I think he was the same one who went to do the same at CBP later on. heh.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

13 hours ago, upshot said:

Anyone remember the guy who let you tie him to the trees or tie himself up and offer you to do whatever you want with him front of back hehe.. I think he was the same one who went to do the same at CBP later on. heh.

Yup  remembered him too well!  First thought of he is mental bt he seems nice.  I thought he was into master n servant sort of thing. I must say he is  exhibitionist!

33 minutes ago, trulyluq said:

Yup  remembered him too well!  First thought of he is mental bt he seems nice.  I thought he was into master n servant sort of thing. I must say he is  exhibitionist!

He was quite the character but pretty harmless. Those were the days.... Like the helicopter landing pad area for sun bathing but the bumboats coming back and some guys standing up to look at them naked... sure gave more than an eyeful to people in the bumboats heheheh I recall people took cameras and shot photos and they ended up in chinese newspaper which basically 'picah lobang' and brough confirm focus on the guys heading there for sunbathing and other activities.

31 minutes ago, upshot said:

He was quite the character but pretty harmless. Those were the days.... Like the helicopter landing pad area for sun bathing but the bumboats coming back and some guys standing up to look at them naked... sure gave more than an eyeful to people in the bumboats heheheh I recall people took cameras and shot photos and they ended up in chinese newspaper which basically 'picah lobang' and brough confirm focus on the guys heading there for sunbathing and other activities.

not to mention the raid at night! one need to know the day and time to be there. as for me i discovered tis place in 1989!. then it became my playground during weekday when i ws servin NS. met couple of nice guy here and the not so nice as well. my fave spot will be once you walked i like to take a turn to the left! quiet and easy for one to sunbathe in the nude! the centre and the right best avoided! hahaha ... too many "EYES!"

20 minutes ago, trulyluq said:

not to mention the raid at night! one need to know the day and time to be there. as for me i discovered tis place in 1989!. then it became my playground during weekday when i ws servin NS. met couple of nice guy here and the not so nice as well. my fave spot will be once you walked i like to take a turn to the left! quiet and easy for one to sunbathe in the nude! the centre and the right best avoided! hahaha ... too many "EYES!"

here is the irony...I was serving my reservist at G Div and was involved in some raids heheh... though I did go around there after 'duty' heheh.. I wanted to pre-warn some guys I know there but a lot of the raid was not planned in advance especially when we are NS guys. But it is not something they like to do but it was orders from higher up the chain. And usually it is due to complaints....

Guest operation G

Should maybe merge all into one thread?

Following some raid experience and more articles about the entrapment operations.

On 3/5/2019 at 1:28 PM, Guest Old times said:

I was witness to one Police raid at the Fort Road in August 1997. I was a newbie, maybe just out of curiosity while having been at the Meyer Road at a party from some Ang Moh dude, another guy wanted to share a cab back to the west with me but surprisingly he walked to the Fort Road, maybe he liked me, ha ha. It was one of these humid summer nights, at midnight the area was a bit misty from the humidity. Dark shades wandered around, guys walked behind you or tried touching you, while a gentle breeze of air passed through the Casuarina trees.

When wandering around, out of a sudden I saw police officers running inside and some on motorbikes driving in. What alarmed was the motorbikes cruising in and with their lights you were able to see the police officers next to them running fast inside the area. Guys ran off, inside and outside.It was like someone threw something into a wasp nest.  It were about 30 - 50 police officers around. The guys who tried to run out weren't lucky because the police officers just plugged them because they had "cordoned off" the way out.  I ran quickly on a sandy path inside, and then jumped over a small "creek" and this probably saved my "live". I walked further in the dark into the inside and hid behind a tree, waited about 45 mins. I still heard the motorbikes from the police driving through.

Guys got arrested and carried away. Police officers insulted them with nasty words. My friend was lucky too, as we was able to find a hide out,  but felt very anxious as he was trapped at the other side, where the huge canal stopped you from going to East Coast Park. I only heard from him some days later. But the police did not go into that side. That time it was the pager and not smartphones. there were even police officers with

It was really that sort of raid, where you probably even got arrested without any real evidence of anything happening and just due to the fact that you were gay.

since that time I really know the smell of Casuarina trees. ha ha

Yep, you youngsters here (though I m still not that old), you can feel yourself happy that the times have changed a bit to the better.

And this is my personal reason for 377A to be abolished, because you never know who will be the Minister in charge or who will be the Police chief in future. If he is a very backward thinking guy, such things might come again and nobody can stop them, because the law is still against us.

I wanted to describe the experience from the police raid as to keep it as a record of the history of Singapore.

Maybe there are some guys who can share what happened if they got caught.

Despite having experienced the raid, I went back on some other days. Mostly when you were in town with straight dudes and afterwards wanted some fun, a bit tipsy. On cases you just took the guy back home, because it was the spot to pick up a guy during the late night hours. Besides that bar at Lucky Plaza there wasn't much. I had the luxury to stay alone at an HDB for some months and there were no apps to date during these times. Bars were closed early.

During the late 90s or early 2000s mostly two police officers were posted at the way out from the area. I m not sure if they interfered, or walked inside, because I was attached and didn't frequent the area. I only saw them being posted their once passing by after a stroll along East Coast park.

There were even "smart" taxi drivers to wait on the area to bring a guy back to his home (not for fun but just for the transport) as some knew that many guys would leave the area after they had done their part and wanted to go home n sleep.

On the positive part, I was on the beach enjoying the nudists, which were guys from young to old. Not many but maybe 15 guys, some guys gave a nudist show or exhibited. Mostly I didn't do anything at the beach, but just met a guy, had dinner and took him home. During daytime there would have been too many on-watchers. And walking out when it just had got dark after sunset you could have been lucky to meet a pleasant guy who was looking for the same as you were looking for...

And even attended at gay birthday party at the beach, which did not involve sex but probably there was no other space on that time to have some giggling boys running around and you didn't need to register like at the parks.

I met my bf on that birthday party, but the relationship only lasted for about 10 months. But that would be a story for a own blog. ha ha. but that is why I remember that part so good.

Unfortunately, the years later the beach got dirtier and dirtier, plastic bottles from the sea and a lot of rubbish. It wasn't pleasant any more.

And then it was gone, sealed off.

The place was fun and risk.

Note 6 months jail in 1993 and up to 3 strokes of the cane.

I witnessed an entrapment operation by police officers  at Amoy Street somewhere in 2000 to 2002. Luckily "escaped" the police officers who were just 1 m next to me.

In fact, I had the feeling the police officers were not working on some instructed operation but on their own intent to catch gay guys.

The entrapment of gays was quite common until  2005.

I assume in the earlier times someone didn't know he would have a gay grandson....

On 5/26/2020 at 11:33 PM, Guest Daniel Seah said:

Part of the Fort Road beach is still there untouched....there are a lot of State Land Signboard remind people no trespassing.

The beach is very clean....if you dare to enter to the beach. There are nice trial lead to the beach.

A nice place for nude suntanning.

U try before.

Guest Thomas Didymuz Toh

I really miss the place! 

used to be so carefree and can go swimming in my skimpy bikini without anyone to kee looking at me to judge me! 

recall deep throating so many men there after swimming.

one hot uncle used to slap my butt while pumping me furiously and calling me names to humiliate me! I guess that made me like guys that pump well! 

Good old days! 

As one who cycled along the East Coast Park I discovered the gay enclave of Fort Road Beach in 1998 and thereafter became a frequent visitor up until 2008 when it became closed off.

My preferred time to visit was on weekday lunchtimes as it was less crowded than weekends and one could engage in a gay tryst with minimal chance of interruption by lurking voyeurs. I like to sunbathe nude and go skinny dipping. Such activity would usually attract the attention of another gay beachgoer and I would soon find my new friend and I fondling one another in the shallows. Often I would stroll naked along the length of the beach looking for a gay encounter. I didn't often go far before coming upon a naked body sunning itself. Whether lying face down to present his buttocks invitingly or lying face-up to display his genitalia enticingly one could immediately discern the guy's orientation. Over a period of many years I had countless exciting encounters, giving and receiving delightfully satisfying orgasms. Some guys became my regular playmates and others were encountered just once and never seen again. Most all left a smile on my face!

On another occasion as I walked along the beach I came across a naked man spread-eagled on his back on the damp sand with his wrists and ankles tied to wooden stakes. He was quite helpless and left at the mercy of whoever might chance upon him. I noticed a couple of guys lurking nearby and surmised they were party to his predicament. I gave him a nod of acknowledgement and proceeded on my way…..One did see some decidedly unusual activities at the Fort Road Beach.

There were some easily recognizable regulars, some of which were rather eccentric but quite harmless and faintly amusing to observe.

One character used driftwood and other discarded materials to construct a tree house on the edge of the beach. Here and there someone would have used a plank to erect a makeshift seat beneath the tree canopy. These served as cosy corners to sit and gaze over the seascape whilst one waited to see who might come strolling along the beach looking for some action.

In the El Nino period there was even a firebug who would set fire to the dry lallang grass on a breezy day. This produced a massive pall of smoke to blanket the area. This happened on a few occasions and had the undesirable result of drawing in the fire brigade and police to dowse it.

There was a season when a Goodyear airship (aka blimp) that was based at Marina South would come gliding over the Marina East reclamation area at low altitude. I couldn’t help wondering what the sightseeing passengers would have made of the sight of naked men cavorting in the undergrowth and frolicking along the seashore! I used to take cover under overhanging trees until the unwelcome intruder had gone away.

In recent years I have often thought that someone ought to create a Fort Road Veterans Forum where such memories could be shared. Now it has come to pass. We now live in a changed world so I count myself fortunate to have lived through and enjoyed the Fort Road "facilities" to the full.

It was a time that will be hard to replicate again.. especially NOT in the camera phone age. Those were a difference time.. it was almost all analog heheh... nothing digital about that place and all the fun to have is what you see there... and you usually  take it back with you in your brain and not on video camera..etc. Sure some might bring a video cam but no one took photos as you will have problem developing the photos or film slides then unless you have your own dark room.

So more adventures live on it memories of those who were fortunately to get the chance to head there and experience a kind of freedom out of the usual for a while in conservative Singapore heh

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 3:34 AM, upshot said:

It was a time that will be hard to replicate again.. especially NOT in the camera phone age. Those were a difference time.. it was almost all analog heheh... nothing digital about that place and all the fun to have is what you see there... and you usually  take it back with you in your brain and not on video camera..etc. Sure some might bring a video cam but no one took photos as you will have problem developing the photos or film slides then unless you have your own dark room.

So more adventures live on it memories of those who were fortunately to get the chance to head there and experience a kind of freedom out of the usual for a while in conservative Singapore heh

Upshot's comment is only partially correct. I do agree that nowadays, living as we do in the age of smartphones, it is certain that anyone frequenting a public nude beach almost anywhere in the world would be rendering themselves liable to being photographed by strangers. However, in my experiences at Fort Road Beach I frequently  encountered a skinny middle age guy who would always have a camera and tripod and seemed obsessed with photographing himself naked against the landscape. I never noticed him pointing his camera at other beachgoers though.

I myself am a naturist and a keen amateur photographer so found Fort Road Beach to be an ideal place for artistic male nude photography. I had many a photo session there but the only subjects were myself and close personal friends accompanying me who desired good quality photos of themselves. I was never a lurking voyeur who sought to photograph others without their knowledge or consent. Oh yes, I should mention I had my own darkroom where I processed and printed my own photos in the pre-digital era. I switched to digital in 1997 but the resolution quality didn't improve much for a few years after that; so I kept using film and scanning the negatives. Thus my photo archive contains many happy memories of Fort Road Beach in its heyday. Who else of you Fort Road Veterans captured a photographic record of your nude beach excursions?

3 hours ago, Bigsteve888 said:

Upshot's comment is only partially correct. I do agree that nowadays, living as we do in the age of smartphones, it is certain that anyone frequenting a public nude beach almost anywhere in the world would be rendering themselves liable to being photographed by strangers. However, in my experiences at Fort Road Beach I frequently  encountered a skinny middle age guy who would always have a camera and tripod and seemed obsessed with photographing himself naked against the landscape. I never noticed him pointing his camera at other beachgoers though.

I myself am a naturist and a keen amateur photographer so found Fort Road Beach to be an ideal place for artistic male nude photography. I had many a photo session there but the only subjects were myself and close personal friends accompanying me who desired good quality photos of themselves. I was never a lurking voyeur who sought to photograph others without their knowledge or consent. Oh yes, I should mention I had my own darkroom where I processed and printed my own photos in the pre-digital era. I switched to digital in 1997 but the resolution quality didn't improve much for a few years after that; so I kept using film and scanning the negatives. Thus my photo archive contains many happy memories of Fort Road Beach in its heyday. Who else of you Fort Road Veterans captured a photographic record of your nude beach excursions?

I agree with you but what I was alluding to are non-gay folk who are there out of curiosity or intention was to take photos to publish. I, myself took my camera there including my vid-cam and Binoculars to take photos and video there. :) And I did see sneaky shooters there too and some were gay guys secretly shooting but I guess it is more for self consumption then to expose the scene there to the public. Gays shooting gays was not cool too as many get nervous when they see you with those gear and would hide their face or move off. That was why there were guys who were naked or half naked from the neck down as they hide their face with teeshirt and cap walking about there. Unlike the more daring ones.

Anyone remembers the Chinese papers Lian HeZaoPao I think ( sorry I don't read Chinese) about the forest near the Bedok Camp where they showed censored shots of gays naked and doing stuff and there were then photos of people at Fort Road. People got curious. Back then the subject of men running around sunbathing naked and doing sex was a big deal unlike today. Imagine if in those days people have mobile phone cameras and digital cams. We got lucky in some sense and got to enjoy that place for a long while. If tech was as advance back then, places like Fort Road and Bedok Camp would have been gone very quickly. Today we still have pockets of location these goes on but hard to get good shots even if you want to as most happen at night but at Fort Road beach we were naked and doing it in broad day light as well. heheheh..

Edited by upshot

I considered myself damn fortunate to have been expat to SG, China, India, where it aint that developed and enjoyed the rusty nature of stuffs.  In SG, been an experience for me for places like Fort beach, Katong park including the deserted hotel across it , the Jurassic Park aka Ang Siang Hill,  Pearl Center and the theater next to it, RV pool.  Damn, those were the days. 

Ya those were the days. It was also scary at times and I used to wonder how many were cornered like me into having sex with people they do not want. I wrote of this incident many many years ago in BW also on a Fort Road Thread. I was cycling there on one of my usual weekend nights for some fun, mainly cycle naked and sending time at the beach to chat up people and get into fun with guys I like. With some of my walks and cycling (  ya this all before my CBP days heheh) , I like to hide my clothings and bag in some dark portion of the place just far enough from the main gay wandering site... thinking no one would know or see me. I was wrong one night. Some guys did spot me and saw where I hid my stuff. I guess they waited till I got back there to retrieve my stuff. I could not find my bag I hide and was frantically searching about with my mini torchlight for a while. Then these two guys walking towards my direction some sense of panic came over me.. I was naked with my bicycle. I was embarrassed without my clothings on. They had that teasing tone in their voice and they ask what am I doing there and how come I was not wearing anything. At first, I said nothing. Then I mention just out riding which sounded silly being as I was in nude with just my small fanny pack around my waist containing some cask and keys. Shocker came when they ask if I was missing my clothings. Then it slowly hit me that they might know something about it. And they did. They hid it elsewhere.

Suffice to say they told me where it was after they had got me to blow and fucked them raw. They smelled bad and had beers from their close breathe. It was one of those rare times I took a load and made to swallow as this guy could not keep it hard inside me and the other guy finished inside me. This was before the AIDS thing, I was worried about VDs. These guys I felt were not likely gay but they have no issue with getting their rocks off even with a guy. I suspected as they were not into touching me much or handle my cock and did not try to force  kisses. Some of you might think this is kinky rape and I should be enjoying this. But no, I was too shocked and worry if they were to not tell me where my stuff and had to go home naked. It is not fun given I had cum and had sex with a flex guy earlier at the tree line at the beach area and in no mood to think about sex after I came. I gave in partly knowing why more drama or trying to fight these two guys to tell me where my clothing was futile comparing to the consequences if I lost the fight or they run off? One was stout with a port belly and the other a little shorter than me both Chinese. Easier to give in than to be beaten and left naked there.

Scared me enough for a 19 year old guy that I did not go there at night for sometime and was damn wary of the place that even in the dark night, people do pop up in the least expected places, paying attention and follow you about. It was a lesson learnt and one that help me handle situations better at later visits there and other places like CBP where I later year did most of my open air "hangouts' and nudie rides.

yes those were the days.

in the early 2000, i used to take a bus to katong park and walk into ford road car park, crossed the giant drain, followed the dirt tracks (for construction vehicles), lots of grasses, bushes before reaching inside ford road beach.

these were some of my encounters before the entire beach was sealed off.

1. had a good mutual cock sucking with this beefy guy who wears a yellow speedo and sun glasses. passer-bys would ignore us as we play.

2. walked naked in the bushes and easily get uncles to touch me and masturbated me. 

3. went in very deep at one end where they were lots of trees and saw this lanky guy loves masturbating leaning against the tree naked and constantly tasting his pre-cum as he jerk off.

4. this fat ang mo who likes to tan naked and refuse to let me rest a while on his beach blanket ha ha

5. lie down naked on one of the path and just wanted to rest but this thin uncle wants to fuck me raw I said no Thank You

6. ever went in when it was raining heavily and there's no shelter there. I hid in one of the tree mid way going into the beach. This tree has a make shift wooden bench. was surprised after the rain, i bump into an uncle walking in and the 2 of us were fondling and masturbating naked near the beach and we even saw a cruise ship sailed past far away.

Guest talk cock
8 hours ago, upshot said:

This was before the AIDS thing, I was worried about VDs. ????????

U mean u went there in the 1970s? HIV was around since the 1980s.

19 hours ago, header69 said:

these were some of my encounters before the entire beach was sealed off.

Haven't been there for many years liao. How do they seal off the entire beach? From google map, it seems the eastern stretch of the beach is still untouched. Seems like u can still sneak in there.

Edited by Latte

14 hours ago, Guest talk cock said:

U mean u went there in the 1970s? HIV was around since the 1980s.

The start where actual news hit the world about AIDS or HIV was in the 1980s. Earlier then that period a lot of it was around Africa where it still did not have a name. Spread was not documented and track till around early to mid 1980s.

And actually, I have always had a long history with that portion of Fort Road. Now When we say Fort Road, we are not just talking about the ECP underpass where some actions take place and the East Coast Park beach just off Fort Road. I was there in my teens as I cycle since I was 13yrs as I stayed in the East Side. MY TIME they were STILL reclaiming land to form that beachhead with the helipad and all the bulging land you see today where it is a golf course and what nots. So ya, I know about this place for a long time now and how it slowly becomes a place where normal couples go first to the car park and beach to paktor or some notti stuff with tissues all over the place if you go there in the early morning heh.

This later when they so up more solid land fill they form a sealing barricade of stones and earth going out to sea and forming a curve to come right back to the landfill near the start of the ECP bridge crossing over to Marina Bay. And slowly they fill it with more earth and rocks to form the reclaim land. At this point of my life I was into FISHING. And this was a great draw for a lot of hobby fishermen. The sealing up of the sea as I mentioned trapped a lot of fishes in there huge and small fishes alike for, those guys my period might recall. So ya, before the attack of the gay action there, it was the attack of the fishermen and people were making all kinds of motorcycle to car tracks heading into the reclaiming landfill. I did a lot of fishing there with my family or friends over the years. But as they fill up the large 'pond' fished were getting less and less till there was nothing left of died. But even before it finally died down with fishing, people who goes there also go there to paktor, mainly str8. They drive their cars in and park in the open mud land and then do their thing or if near a common area where they park near each other's car and use newspaper to cover their windscreen and side windows and get hot and heavy. You go there in the day time and you see lots of food wrappers, drinks cups or plastic bags and tissue papers with smell of sperm sometime all over heheheheh. I remember seeing a guy who like to go picking them up to smell them. yuck but well whatever floats their boat.

Then the gay scene happen, and I am not so sure when roughly during that time but more and more guys were walking in.. at first many thought they were peeping toms which was very common in a lot of the parks. They go there to peep at people having sex in the cars or open where they get as close as they can and use pin focus torchlight to peep at them having sex. This was a time porn and internet was not around heheh so this is the only live action you see or you pay money to buy tapes or CDROM.

But then we started to hear stories of lone guys walking into the reclaim land alone but instead of peeping were meeting other guys there. As news spread, more and more guys go there in all forms of transport or feet, in pairs, singles and at time in 3-4 people. As they started to seal up the landfill with wall panels and fencing, it was getting harder to get in now and some parts were a little hard to get to as there were uneven landfill with some parts requiring you to walking over planks with a short drop if you slip to get to certain parts of the landfill which was good as it means less people got to those more private restrict land where little people can see you without binoculars or long zoom. I think those who were there know where this is. Here a few of the iconic stone outreach barrier we have at East Coast Beach were also there and this and later another long outstretch that led to the helicopter pad were the nice place to sun bath as well as the beach too. It was almost secluded and as the notion of gay having fun there grew less and less str8 couples go there. So now we have a large body of location in that region for action. From getting a simple blowjob to full on sex to sunbathing you can pick your venue heheh. We have the beach front, the tree line along the beach which was not deep but it forms like a fence between the main land and the beach front and the stone barriers. Sometime we get fisherman going there to fish later in the years. They don't bother the gay folks and the gay fold.. well try not to disturb them but of course being some itchy gay, the spot a nice looking guy fishing, he thinks he got chance to try his luck. I am some str8 guys got some good blow there. heheh Other areas then was the container car park and the ever famous but urine smelly underpass of the ECP flyover.

As the place got more seal up for construction work when the land was sold for development. More restriction came and influx of workforce took over most of the place in 2000s with proper fencing and gates...etc So gay action was starting to be at the flyover and car park and spill over into the park as well... including the long long fencing that line the canal where some guys will keep a certain distance be standing or leaning at the yellow canal fencing to wait for someone to walk up to chat or guys will walk the entire length of the canal fencing to check out each guy leaning at the fencing. And if they do hook up they could go into the light tree area to do it or at the fence itself. heheh I recall getting bang there a few time bend over the fencing or holding on to it for support as he pumps fuck my ass heheheh.. ah..those were the days.

But over the years that length of the cycling and walking path was cut short if those can recall and later in years they build that flyover bicycle ramps. Before that, the cycling path would go a lot deeper to almost where the waterway goes over the fly over and you see a garden and route going to the Barrage there now.

There still are some action at the container car park but small. As for the Fort Road underpass I am not sure there are now as it is very exposed. And more roads cut by them unlike before. So there basically is the state of that place now. In the wee morning I still do get in some nude riding there and spot some action or wannabe action as some see me stopping nude to take a spill of water and they try to approach me for a closer look to see I am not just their imagination heh. There still might be some action but you have to park your car or walk into the former pathway that I mentioned was cut short. It is just further down from where you see the flyover bicycle ramp they built after the round about.

Ok so that is my whole confession about this place that I spent a good number of decades at from the innocent days of fishing, discovering my gay lifestyle fun till today. Though I have not been there in a while now in months. Fond memories for sure.

3 hours ago, Latte said:

Haven't been there for many years liao. How do they seal off the entire beach? From google map, it seems the eastern stretch of the beach is still untouched. Seems like u can still sneak in there.

Apart from the fenced up places for the golf course or another few private development you do not have to sneak but it is quite hard to get to unless you are walking or cycling.. I rather you cycle as walking will be a long long long long walk. You might want to bring your own lover there to do anything.. good luck trying to find action there. I do see banglas heading in there with lots of beer and getting drunk. To say they are likely there for some gay action.. no.. I doubt it. they're just looking for a quiet place to themselves to drink and get noisy talking heheh but hey!!. You only live once darling.

Disclaimer I am saying you cycle to this far-reaching places but this places has golf course and other private business you are not going there to see anything now. There is NO BEACH LEFT. But you can go there if you want to just overlook what it used to be decades ago. The only action you might find is at the container carpark which has a lot of rowdy gays guys who are sometime dame irritating as they try too hard to get at your dick while you are in the car and if you are walking they stalk you .. usually the old farts sorry to say but even that is rare die hards and to walk in the short off bicycling patrh, if you believe in ghost and all the BS you hate to get inside there walk hehehehn I don't so I can get inside there and enjoy my nude self.

Edited by upshot
typo and clarity

14 minutes ago, snowball said:

without old bird bringing you there, I believe this place is not that easy to locate, it must be beautiful.

Yes it is.... 10-20 yrs ago!

Hello you see almost nothing now hahahaha I am talking in past tense. You think you see wonderland there now for action or scenery?

This is my generation if you can picture this, my time Marine Parade and the East Coast Park were only just plant tree sapling and young tree only about 6 feet high. When you go to the beach during that time you get sun burn as there was no shelter but the wooden canopies. All the big shady trees you see now all over did not exist. 

Edited by upshot

9 hours ago, groyn88 said:

Thanks for sharing your memories!

I have used some of the information to expand this wiki article on Fort Road Beach: https://the-singapore-lgbt-encyclopaedia.wikia.org/wiki/Fort_Road_beach%3A_gay_aspects

thank you for the research and comprehensive treatment to the topic of fort road. I have learned new details after reading the articles and certainly, the photos do bring back much memories.

20 hours ago, upshot said:

Apart from the fenced up places for the golf course or another few private development you do not have to sneak but it is quite hard to get to unless you are walking or cycling.. I rather you cycle as walking will be a long long long long walk. You might want to bring your own lover there to do anything.. good luck trying to find action there. I do see banglas heading in there with lots of beer and getting drunk. To say they are likely there for some gay action.. no.. I doubt it. they're just looking for a quiet place to themselves to drink and get noisy talking heheh but hey!!. You only live once darling.

One day I may just take that long long long long walk down memory lane :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Latte said:

One day I may just take that long long long long walk down memory lane :lol: 

15 years ago it took me 3 hours along the coast line from around Tanjong Rhu Flyover to that fancy condominium close to Kallang.

Not alone, please.  

2 hours ago, wilfgene said:

15 years ago it took me 3 hours along the coast line from around Tanjong Rhu Flyover to that fancy condominium close to Kallang.

Not alone, please.  

It's now a nice place to walk for fitness heheh I think there are still some who would drive down to the carpark filled mainly with lorries/coaches that park overnight there (free parking) and you have the odd cars that cruise there hoping to find some 'action' or they drive down, park and walk the less know cycling footpath just after the  junction of Fort Road. But you would not walk too far in as there is hardly anywhere to sit down unless you bring a mat or do it standing up hahaha... there are like 2-3 sheltered wooden canopies in that pathway but that's about it. I treat that place more for riding then anything else. It has lost that old now with all the modern changes, a lot more roads there and most have moved on to spas and other locations for their cruising action. Back then in the 80s there was no common things as gay spas even gay discos were not that common. (Anyone remembers Legends?)

With so many other more accessible places now, gay lifestyle no longer as under the radar as before and advent of INTERNET SOCIAL MEDIA 'hook-ups' culture. Who would want to go to old haunts like Fort Road where it is a little inconvenient by today's standard. If you go whole day you have to bring your own food, drinks, mat, enough smoke if your smoke, change of cloth, tolerate the heat, sweat...etc as it was so far off at the beach area especially without a bicycle at least to reach it. There used to be gay/trans haunt in Changi Point too (which I am sure a lot of army boys go back and forth from Pulau Tekong will get hit on :P ) at one time. I experienced that place too well into earlier 2000s before it slowly fade away. Bedok Camp where the forest line between the camp and ECP highway. I could name a few even less known locations gay folks would make as meeting point but even they have long succumbed to changes.

In a way I don't think it was society that drove us from those places as per say. Not even the police (being one during my NS day) under G Div. Fort Road then was their jurisdiction, and we do drive the patrol cars in there and done raids. I can tell you honestly, apart from the rounding up, taking particulars-then-let go, that's about it. To show they are doing their job overall but all the time focus on trampling on gays. Done more to keep the activities on the down low, control it from getting too 'loud' as majority of SG conservative folks were aware, uncomfortable and rather this not draw spotlight and promote this as acceptable behaviour. I, too, did not want the spotlight. There were instances of robberies, drug transaction, unlawful gatherings & fights, trouble making ..etc taking place among us gay having our fun there. That's their reason for patrol. So their occasional visits/raid as uncomfortable and inconvenient as it gets, it's more a hindrance and protection means to keep the law and order there to a big extent. I know. I have received calls during car patrol to go in there for various reason and not because gays were spotted having sex there. It was usually something else. Bias police man? it was the 80s darling. Sure there still might be some, even today. But in general they do not disturb you. Story for another day.

Why Fort Road's gone? Modernization happened and newer avenues of socializing has made that all become less and less viable to hook-up. There is always a soft spot for me good, bad and yes the ugly, romanticizing the location during the occasional ride or walk by is about all we can do. I doubt we will ever see 're-boot' of what it was there again. But each new generation of gay folks or even dating str8s will have their own 'haunts' to cheer and revel in, in their own time I guess. This was my lifetime, I enjoyed it well and survived it with a smile each time I cycle by Fort Road on my way to the Marina Barrage.

Hope that give every younger generation some insights into this place your older counterparts used to hang. In Commando style in more ways than one. :P

img0112.jpg

21/11/1975

In my wee little boy days of fish net fishing with my dad. This was the Marine Parade I know. No trees. This was like 70s Furthest tip there of the beach line where you see the blocks of flats is roughly where Fort Road was before reclamation took place. Back then you don't bring your umbrella you will burn. heheh...

img0096.jpg

30/08/1969

This is the reclamation of area near Fort Road. Where I wrote earlier about fishing there, You see those giant pockets of water pond, there is where we fish and getting there was like going army training. But this picture taken when a lot of the water is about gone. The fishing was damn shoik. As they are trapped fishes were hungry. So angling was a big boom then with people coming from all over the island to try their luck there. And once it was filled it was left like that for a while and then trees were planted nearer to the beach line but you have to track all the way in to get to the 'sweet sun bathing and fun spot"

which you do not see much from this photo as it is way to the right.

Edited by upshot

29 minutes ago, upshot said:

img0112.jpg

21/11/1975

Those point blocks looks like its at Marine Terrace end, further to right is CHIJ Katong. And u can see Siglap canal.

Are these your personal pics? Wow, i never knew MP/East Coast was like this haha

2 hours ago, Latte said:

Those point blocks looks like its at Marine Terrace end, further to right is CHIJ Katong. And u can see Siglap canal.

Are these your personal pics? Wow, i never knew MP/East Coast was like this haha

NO lah from the archieve of a Singapore site

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/170151692155653497/

Edited by upshot

For those who are interested to recall or want to see what it was like and how huge a "playground" it was for us... comparing Then and Now.

fortroad before 1.jpg

fortroad after.jpg

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.