Male HQ

Swimmers club

begleitung

44 minutes ago, begleitung said:

How do yall maximise ur swim time at the pool?  Swim faster / harder?  Exercise before or after swim? Swim more often etc?

No. I do my swim as per normal. Even tho the swim time is 50min for the 1hr slot, it’s enough for me to do my laps. It can be a positive thing. It makes one to swim, swim and swim and don’t waste time doing anything else. 

35 minutes ago, bluerunner said:

No. I do my swim as per normal. Even tho the swim time is 50min for the 1hr slot, it’s enough for me to do my laps. It can be a positive thing. It makes one to swim, swim and swim and don’t waste time doing anything else. 

I know how u feel. It is like the time is so precious and u have no time to rest / waste. Ti a slow swimmer like me anyway. 

20 minutes ago, begleitung said:

I wish i cld just go 4 a swim now, like rite now. 

I have the same desire. Hahaha 

I have my fan blasting at me and I’m perspiring. Pool is not opened. Even if it’s open, I’m working. Oh man. Body is at the work desk but mind is somewhere else obviously. 🤭

35 minutes ago, bluerunner said:

I have the same desire. Hahaha 

I have my fan blasting at me and I’m perspiring. Pool is not opened. Even if it’s open, I’m working. Oh man. Body is at the work desk but mind is somewhere else obviously. 🤭

Totally. Waiting for the clock to countdown. 

if the pool was opened i had this fantasy to just go and swim. Not that i wld. 

3 hours ago, bluerunner said:

That is y u r so fitt

7 hours ago, sayfirst said:

From 16 July 2020, members of the public can enjoy their lap swimming on weekdays from 0900 hours to 1200 hours in addition to the existing evening slots at public pools.

I am happy w this news but at the same time, it has no impact on me because 9am-12nn is working time. Cannot be doing swimming, unless I’m on half day leave. 
Well, I reckon the 12noon slot will be crowded. 
If only SSC has listened and has opened up 11am-2pm instead. That’s more practical  

Some changes are better than none, I guess. 

Edited by bluerunner

On 7/15/2020 at 10:37 AM, sayfirst said:

From 16 July 2020, members of the public can enjoy their lap swimming on weekdays from 0900 hours to 1200 hours in addition to the existing evening slots at public pools.

oh wow, return of the sexy tanlines soon😉

12 minutes ago, eminent82 said:

oh wow, return of the sexy tanlines soon😉

Only an hour...  And applies on weekdays. If you free on weekdays then grab the forty plus minutes of vitamin d haha :lol:

On 7/15/2020 at 6:19 PM, bluerunner said:

I am happy w this news but at the same time, it has no impact on me because 9am-12nn is working time. Cannot be doing swimming, unless I’m on half day leave. 
Well, I reckon the 12noon slot will be crowded. 
If only SSC has listened and has opened up 11am-2pm instead. That’s more practical  

Some changes are better than none, I guess. 

True. I suppose they r slowly adapting?

if all else fails, dere is sil ocbc pool 

3 minutes ago, bluerunner said:

Has anyone used the pool during the day yet?Kindly provide feedback on which time slot and on the crowd. Thank you. 

What feedback you expecting? Just swim la~ smlj

3 hours ago, 30yochinese said:

I know ActiveSG will die die not allow unless u write in that:

"If gym users are given 90 minutes... Can u pls extend our usage time? Thx, Swimmers."

IMG_20200722_095904.jpg

A pool is unlike a gym. If you allow 90min of pool usage, you are denying many from using the pool. 
For most people, 50min of non-stop lap swimming is enough for a good workout. The remaining 10min is for you to wash up. 
Why do you need 90min in the pool? Training for 5km swim? 

On 7/18/2020 at 8:42 PM, begleitung said:

I wonder if we shld petition 2 them 2 ask 4  two hour slot

Yes 50 minutes not enough for me too. Did only around 20 laps with around 5-8 minutes to tan my front and goggle marks. 

On 7/22/2020 at 2:10 PM, Kimochi said:

Yes 50 minutes not enough for me too. Did only around 20 laps with around 5-8 minutes to tan my front and goggle marks. 

Agree. But in my case i am a not a good swimmer, and i swim slow. So i wish to do more laps but for a longer period of time.  

ok, mayb i shld not rest 2 long, lol. 

58 minutes ago, cutejack said:

Dont tan yr front too much

Later get cooked.

Haha looking at the time given will not cook loh ~ :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, axefactor said:

Had an absolutely satisfying swim at OCBC without the 40 min time limit imposed on each session. And no annoying people who don't observe proper swimming etiquette.

Now you know why I prefer there (beside the cold water and no ☀) ~ :lol:

On 8/7/2020 at 1:18 AM, begleitung said:

Those that spit at the edge of the pool?

More like they spit in the water. Usually it's the old folks who have horrendous awful habits, not only do they spit in the water, you can also hear them clearing their throats continuously in the showers. That's why these days I wear my slippers while showering.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.