Male HQ

Swimmers club

begleitung

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2021 at 9:54 AM, axefactor said:

Sign...CNY and all the pools are closed. Feel like a fish out of water.

Fish out of water would be suitable for being a dead fish somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't been to swimming since the Circuit Breaker.. busy and the timeslots are quite limited. Still learning to swim well, can swim the easy breaststroke but always seem to quickly run out of breath after 1 lap. 😂 A friend of mine commented before that I went too fast, but I did try to reduce my speed already.

How long did it take you all to swim easily? I also trying to thread on water but to no avail.

You can try youtube and eavesdropping on those coaching.. that's what I did to pick up my both breaststroke and freestyle -.-ll

Remember during my late teens, used to swim often next to the coaching lanes. Always praying hard that the coach would yell out loud at the students not to do this or that.. then I would incorporate them into my swimming styles. Struggled quite a lot, took me a few months to improve as I wasn't swimming very often.

Then lately after I bought the Garmin sport watch, and monitored my performance.. only to realise has been doing pretty bad and waste a lot of energy in certain movements after checking youtube videos of how those pro swimmers do. Once twitching here and there, actually less tiring and breath better.

So for those who don't have a strong financial background like me but want to improve or learn how to swim - youtube and eavesdropping next to those coaching classes 😛 works for me, so hope works for you too :D

Edited by Geo

On 3/24/2021 at 9:39 PM, sayfirst said:

Just started swimming after a long hiatus. Feels good to be back in the pool! 

Me too, went for a short session recently before it started pouring. Felt good indeed!

On 3/27/2021 at 7:55 AM, Geo said:

You can try youtube and eavesdropping on those coaching.. that's what I did to pick up my both breaststroke and freestyle -.-ll

Remember during my late teens, used to swim often next to the coaching lanes. Always praying hard that the coach would yell out loud at the students not to do this or that.. then I would incorporate them into my swimming styles. Struggled quite a lot, took me a few months to improve as I wasn't swimming very often.

Then lately after I bought the Garmin sport watch, and monitored my performance.. only to realise has been doing pretty bad and waste a lot of energy in certain movements after checking youtube videos of how those pro swimmers do. Once twitching here and there, actually less tiring and breath better.

So for those who don't have a strong financial background like me but want to improve or learn how to swim - youtube and eavesdropping next to those coaching classes 😛 works for me, so hope works for you too :D

Good tip, lol....

9 hours ago, begleitung said:

Read a useful tip for freestyle swimming recently. They suggested that one should look at the lane cables when breathing as to say half of the goggles should be in water may be harder. 

Came across that too...but personally feel that it depends on pool or sea swimmers.

Lately, all the tips I used to learn and picked up for pool swimming gone into the drain -.-ll have to tweak quite a lot to adapt for open sea swimming for my first race event. 

*fingers crossing* hopefully, won't be among the last 10 in my age group 😛

31 minutes ago, Geo said:

Came across that too...but personally feel that it depends on pool or sea swimmers.

Lately, all the tips I used to learn and picked up for pool swimming gone into the drain -.-ll have to tweak quite a lot to adapt for open sea swimming for my first race event. 

*fingers crossing* hopefully, won't be among the last 10 in my age group 😛

Woww, u must b so fit to race in the sea

7 minutes ago, begleitung said:

Woww, u must b so fit to race in the sea

Lol not really. Had too much mcd for lunch when work from home since covid started..you can imagine how mess up I am xD

It's my first race event involves open sea swimming is postponing. Hopefully, the race can postpone few more weeks, so that hv more time to train lol currently with my big belly, my pace likely at the border of among last 20 xD

Edited by Geo

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/25/2021 at 2:58 PM, UpwardSlash said:

Haven't been to swimming since the Circuit Breaker.. busy and the timeslots are quite limited. Still learning to swim well, can swim the easy breaststroke but always seem to quickly run out of breath after 1 lap. 😂 A friend of mine commented before that I went too fast, but I did try to reduce my speed already.

How long did it take you all to swim easily? I also trying to thread on water but to no avail.

Practice makes perfect. There are some experts here do go find them for a swim!

On 4/6/2021 at 1:01 PM, sayfirst said:

I stretched and did warm-up laps before, but the warm-up laps were more intense than usual, so maybe that’s one factor 😅

Better go get massage too and then train again.. eat properly before swimming too (at least 1.5h before hitting the waters)

On 4/6/2021 at 11:07 AM, sayfirst said:

Yes unfortunately my leg cramped on Sun while I was swimming. Still feeling tightness in the calves now 😪

You are using freestyle or breastroke? If free style, try control legs flipping using thighs not below knees.

On 5/2/2021 at 9:32 AM, Geo said:

Lol butterfly, that one i dunno 😅 ok you are more pro than me, cannot suggest further liao 😆

Was swimming at public pool and felt stressed wanting to maximise the time slot that I overdid it 😅

A licensed gay realtor

On 3/25/2021 at 2:58 PM, UpwardSlash said:

Relaxing during the stroke and being able to ‘feel’ the water is pretty important. 

As well as some other technicalities of the stroke

A licensed gay realtor

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.