Male HQ

Foldable bike Cycling

Ultrapuppy

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2020 at 11:55 PM, analogous said:

Just recently bought a 16in foldie! Unfortunately it's been raining almost every day and i don't cycle when i know the floor will be wet as i have yet to buy a mudguard/fender for my foldie.

Where do you guys like to cycle?

I got a Vert V8 S2 but these days getting lazy and just use SG Bike/Anywheel.

I usually go long distance and on pavement.

• 2 weeks later...

I intend to buy one for my fun adventure... n get to wear my fetish kinky cycling outfit..

.currently been hiking , jogging and swimming and few years back is badminton tennis wall leisurely game n fun for my horny cruising adventure...

what brand is the lightest n easier to fold? And do not rust. Don’t mind paying more for long lasting. 

I am still waiting for Brompton to get our govt to approve the importing of their Brompton eBike to Singapore. Anyone waiting as well? Waiting for 2 yrs now... I have two MTBs but hoping for a zip-around electric bike as an alternative.

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

31 minutes ago, BudakFit said:

I intend to buy one for my fun adventure... n get to wear my fetish kinky cycling outfit..

.currently been hiking , jogging and swimming and few years back is badminton tennis wall leisurely game n fun for my horny cruising adventure...

what brand is the lightest n easier to fold? And do not rust. Don’t mind paying more for long lasting. 

If not for Brompton for persnal reason... I would get this if you want the lightest and easy to fold and use... 

Birdy Rohloff 14SP. Price: S$5,950.00. This one is sick. Birdy makes some great racing foldables.

https://www.birdybicycle.com/collections/birdy-bike-models/products/birdy-rohloff-14sp

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

3 hours ago, upshot said:

I am still waiting for Brompton to get our govt to approve the importing of their Brompton eBike to Singapore.

i have an expat friend selling his at deep discount cos he leaving sg. i wanted to buy but... i think look a bit weird for someone 1.8m 78kg to be on such a tiny bike, with tiny wheels. 

i do like the compact design, i folded down in 15 secs, but it feels like a kids or womens bike. i just couldnt do it.. 

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

2 hours ago, tomcat said:

i have an expat friend selling his at deep discount cos he leaving sg. i wanted to buy but... i think look a bit weird for someone 1.8m 78kg to be on such a tiny bike, with tiny wheels. 

i do like the compact design, i folded down in 15 secs, but it feels like a kids or womens bike. i just couldnt do it.. 

He has the eBike version? :o He brought it into Singapore himself and got to use it without problem or fines? eBike type has an electric motorised front hub wheel to power it as am option if you choose not to cycle. How deep is his price? The estimated price if they do bring this in to sell would be about S$6,000.00. I don't mind buying it if the price is 'deep' enough and how long he had been using the battery unit(s). heh

I know you can not buy it in Singapore from the Brompton dealer. ( I contact them every 6 months heheh they keep saying not so fast but soon) Or did he bring into use without sending into LTA for approval. Or you meant the normal type of Brompton Bikes with no eMotor?

Edited by upshot

9 hours ago, upshot said:

He has the eBike version? :o He brought it into Singapore himself and got to use it without problem or fines? eBike type has an electric motorised front hub wheel to power it as am option if you choose not to cycle. How deep is his price? The estimated price if they do bring this in to sell would be about S$6,000.00. I don't mind buying it if the price is 'deep' enough and how long he had been using the battery unit(s). heh

I know you can not buy it in Singapore from the Brompton dealer. ( I contact them every 6 months heheh they keep saying not so fast but soon) Or did he bring into use without sending into LTA for approval. Or you meant the normal type of Brompton Bikes with no eMotor?

not ebike. the brompton ebike they dont sell in sg... 

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

1 hour ago, tomcat said:

not ebike. the brompton ebike they dont sell in sg... 

Well technically that is under eBike (by LTA wide standard thus they have not been able to bring that in to sell. Still going through scrutiny/approval since the ban on eScooter in 2019) given front wheel is motorised hub attachment (battery pack on front steering wheel) to the conventional Brompton bike(photo below) . Just thought this is idea for me to zip about when I am just doing full photography around locations and have portability and power when I am carry my full photographer pack (lens, bodies and accessories) about. Easier with some power to drive my pedalling than on either of my mountain bikes.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/2/19040479/folding-e-bike-review-price-weight

verge-DSC_5407-2040pxl.0.jpg

Edited by upshot

On 12/27/2020 at 5:07 PM, upshot said:

Well technically that is under eBike (by LTA wide standard thus they have not been able to bring that in to sell. Still going through scrutiny/approval since the ban on eScooter in 2019) given front wheel is motorised hub attachment (battery pack on front steering wheel) to the conventional Brompton bike(photo below) . Just thought this is idea for me to zip about when I am just doing full photography around locations and have portability and power when I am carry my full photographer pack (lens, bodies and accessories) about. Easier with some power to drive my pedalling than on either of my mountain bikes.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/2/19040479/folding-e-bike-review-price-weight

verge-DSC_5407-2040pxl.0.jpg

yah looks like a normal bike. not even dynamo bike.

but sg as usual is very thorough, especially since the law passed is still very new. 

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

5 hours ago, tomcat said:

yah looks like a normal bike. not even dynamo bike.

but sg as usual is very thorough, especially since the law passed is still very new. 

I am against pavement riding. I solely ride on roads and push my bikes on pavement practically all the time. But LTA are slow to allow the processing of new bikes..etc. They throw a wide blanket rule on preventative issue and slow to grant new approvals for new models coming out even if you use that on roads where eBikes belong. Also there's the charging battery issue given many OEM generic eBikes and eScooters are likely 'bombs-on-wheel'.

And to this day I still see a lot of sneaky eScooters type on pavement in HDB estates zipping about as per normal. Number of times I would say to some, $2000 fine. They do not give a fuck. I guess, no one is going after them much these days thus they feel no fear to hide their riding out of sight.

Edited by upshot

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/28/2021 at 7:49 AM, Milk said:

Any cycling kaki in east today i always go ecp cycling looking for more friends to cycle with

Hi dude

what is your cycling schedule like?

M residing opposite Marine Cove and usually I cycle on weekdays morning about 1030am.

On 2/1/2021 at 7:54 PM, jake412 said:

hmm. can i ask for your opinion. what do you think is the comprimise in getting a foldable bike? planning to get a bike, but ive neve tried a foldable bike before, so im not sure what the diference is. Any tips?

Depends on what do you want from a bike? Just for leisure? Or for a sport? Do you need a small space to keep? Or do you want to go long distance?

• 1 month later...

@Ultrapuppy

Just for leisure so that I am free to travel to Garden by the bay to ride or any place in Singapore with friend. 

Which brand? and easy to carry? and it is durable and safe. 

My ex wants to buy Shimano , but i decline as the price quite high.

My relatives suggest Brompton bike. went to the shop at funan a few times but that shop always busy. 

Some tell me online shop with offers of  $200-300 plus good enough.

I am confused. 

Thank you. 

14 hours ago, GKS said:

@Ultrapuppy

Just for leisure so that I am free to travel to Garden by the bay to ride or any place in Singapore with friend. 

Which brand? and easy to carry? and it is durable and safe. 

My relatives suggest Brompton bike. went to the shop at funan a few times but that shop always busy. 

I am confused. 

Thank you. 

To share with you my experience. Those $200-$300 foldable bike you find online is a piece of junk.

If you can afford to splurge a little more, I will strongly suggest - Dahon.

If you are under budget, make a trip to Decathlon. Their bike is pretty decent.

You can try it yourself before you make any decision.

19 hours ago, GKS said:

@Ultrapuppy

There is no such thing as a SHIMANO bike. Shimano is a famous premium brand that makes only components on a bike. Whatever bike you see or your ex saw are fake. Likely Taiwan or China that make their own metal frame and they slap on some low entry level Shimano parts if any. And call it a Shimano Bike. And you have to know the parts well enough to attest they are the real thing. Btw, a top line Shimano Group part set spec on a bike like the XTR on a mountain bike is about $2,000+ minus the frame, tire,handle bars...etc heheh.. Another $2k nore if you count Shimano made wheels+hubs.

Good bike, I am still waiting for them to bring in the eBike version if LTA ever approve it as a side bike when I am not riding my two other big wifeys Mountain bikes. Expect to drop about $2000 on average for an average manual pedal brompton bike.

If this is your first bike, that kind of price or lower is a good starter. If you hate it or get bored about it, you can always junk it or sell it for pennies. Stolen you also do not feed much of a pinch. Also good if you are new to cycling and need to learn to cycle properly and more importantly safely. If you explore beyond your neighbourhood, you can expect sometime to cycle on the road so you need to build confidence if you feel jittery when a vehicle pass you by very closely. I prefer to only cycle on roads myself... and push my bike on walkways only.

I know when you first get started you will be hype for it and some sale people are very pushy to get you to buy this and that. If you are not well versed with bikes nor read up enough about them or shop around, you will end up paying too much for it and later regret it when the honeymoon period of owning a bike fades. Bike cleaning may be required. Cheaper bikes will rust. Some minor bike maintenance is needed to keep it in good state. Bike do get stolen. Construction workers are your worst culprits. New shiny bikes are a bit of a attraction. SO be careful.

Ya I am one of those civil picky ones heheheh... Like showing people how gay are good people by example, I like to show I am a civil cyclist.  So sue me. LOL. Just throwing that bit in there to say I encourage people to ride mindfully with others in mind and also promote safe riding. There are people in cars who do not like to share the road with us and will go out of their way to scare you.

Enjoy the ride...biking is a healthy thing to do.

Edited by upshot

21 hours ago, Since u r here said:

I dont thk Brompton is anything Muchhh cheaper 

@Since u r here Thank you for your advice. If it is safe and good, I would consider to acquire it. 

NB. Your profile picture very interesting.

9 hours ago, Dezmund said:

To share with you my experience. Those $200-$300 foldable bike you find online is a piece of junk.

If you can afford to splurge a little more, I will strongly suggest - Dahon.

If you are under budget, make a trip to Decathlon. Their bike is pretty decent.

You can try it yourself before you make any decision.

@Dezmund Later I will explore Dahon. are you riding this bicycle now? your review? 
recently there is a picture showing many young one trying out the bicycle in Decathlon. 

I am so impressed by the young one who share with me their fun time there.

5 hours ago, upshot said:

There is no such thing as a SHIMANO bike. Shimano is a famous premium brand that makes only components on a bike. Whatever bike you see or your ex saw are fake. Likely Taiwan or China that make their own metal frame and they slap on some low entry level Shimano parts if any. And call it a Shimano Bike. And you have to know the parts well enough to attest they are the real thing. Btw, a top line Shimano Group part set spec on a bike like the XTR on a mountain bike is about $2,000+ minus the frame, tire,handle bars...etc heheh.. Another $2k nore if you count Shimano made wheels+hubs.

thank you for sharing with me to furnish the myth about Shimano. 

Good bike, I am still waiting for them to bring in the eBike version if LTA ever approve it as a side bike when I am not riding my two other big wifeys Mountain bikes. Expect to drop about $2000 on average for an average manual pedal brompton bike.

If this is your first bike, that kind of price or lower is a good starter. If you hate it or get bored about it, you can always junk it or sell it for pennies. Stolen you also do not feed much of a pinch. Also good if you are new to cycling and need to learn to cycle properly and more importantly safely. If you explore beyond your neighbourhood, you can expect sometime to cycle on the road so you need to build confidence if you feel jittery when a vehicle pass you by very closely. I prefer to only cycle on roads myself... and push my bike on walkways only.

I have bought an ebike for my brother. Very strange. He asked for it, I bought one and he just tuck away. I will talk to him tomorrow to find out more. 

I just want simple foldable bike for me and my loved one. 

I know when you first get started you will be hype for it and some sale people are very pushy to get you to buy this and that. If you are not well versed with bikes nor read up enough about them or shop around, you will end up paying too much for it and later regret it when the honeymoon period of owning a bike fades. Bike cleaning may be required. Cheaper bikes will rust. Some minor bike maintenance is needed to keep it in good state. Bike do get stolen. Construction workers are your worst culprits. New shiny bikes are a bit of a attraction. SO be careful.

I am a good shopper. Not easy to be pushed by Sales. 

Ya I am one of those civil picky ones heheheh... Like showing people how gay are good people by example, I like to show I am a civil cyclist.  So sue me. LOL. Just throwing that bit in there to say I encourage people to ride mindfully with others in mind and also promote safe riding. There are people in cars who do not like to share the road with us and will go out of their way to scare you.

Enjoy the ride...biking is a healthy thing to do.

I like the way you express yourself. 

Especially the last statement. I like positive people with shinning value. 

This music for you and all the people who have share your ideas for my reference.

4 hours ago, GKS said:

@Since u r here Thank you for your advice. If it is safe and good, I would consider to acquire it. 

NB. Your profile picture very interesting.

@Dezmund Later I will explore Dahon. are you riding this bicycle now? your review? 
recently there is a picture showing many young one trying out the bicycle in Decathlon. 

I am so impressed by the young one who share with me their fun time there.

thank you for sharing with me to furnish the myth about Shimano. 

I have bought an ebike for my brother. Very strange. He asked for it, I bought one and he just tuck away. I will talk to him tomorrow to find out more. 

I just want simple foldable bike for me and my loved one. 

I am a good shopper. Not easy to be pushed by Sales. 

I like the way you express yourself. 

Especially the last statement. I like positive people with shinning value. 

This music for you and all the people who have share your ideas for my reference.

Well you have a lot of bros here with a diverse amount of views and experience on bikes of all types. :P

If your brother has that bike around and not riding, why not borrow it and give it a spin for a while to see how you get along with taking this up. There are two main kinds of eBikes in general. Not sure what you bought. There is the full electric version that powers your ride fully or you can ease off the switch and you pedal. The other type which maybe when I am much older and lack power in the legs would be those that assist but not fully take over the driving of the bike. Mainly found in mountain bike presently.

Dahon is a pretty decent brand to buy. Taiwan but then again, the major bicycle brand maker in the world is in Taiwan, under GIANT and they OEM many brands including some of the best US or European brands. These days most are made there or by GIANT. Only the most pricey ones are handmade in the USA or Europe or even South America. Just some trivia.

AVOID ALOECA... hate that fake brand. It has a long history in the past where they bluff people into thinking it is a expensive Italian brand and sold shitty $300 type bike for $1,500 or more. Just some cheap China or Taiwan made brand. They still around and I hear they still selling them pretty much but not at those crazy price any more.

Good hobby for health. Catch you on the road. heheh..

14 hours ago, GKS said:

Agreed before the moderators impetus this link. Hope to meet you and shared with more effective way to control your condition. 

so many experiments , must heard from you. 

I would also like to listen what type of sex. Sound inspiring. 

Always love your life. 

So did the Brampton bikes strike your fancy?

On 3/18/2021 at 12:32 AM, GKS said:

A Chinese movie, 夜奔, the actress 刘若英 riding the bicycle as a prelude to this gay theme movie. Unable to get the full bicycle scene. That feeling of riding bicycle is fantastic. 

On 3/18/2021 at 3:18 PM, upshot said:

I am not 'well trained' and my torso tone is due more to KETO Diet and from what I was doing at work in the Public Event Industry. A lot of physical work on the ground with my crew. Which was partly why I took on the job to help my health being diabetic.

Cycling is good to tone the legs and long ride to improve cardio and burn fats. But a lot of how you keep the fats down is diet. Low carb, moderate Protein or more in my case, moderate veggies and lots of fat rich food. Key is low carbo meaning less to NO rice, noodle, bread, potatoes, sugar..etc. Only time I eat a bit more carbo is when I need to work hard and long at event setup or cycle long distance...etc. If no heavy to moderate work, I eat way less or fast. Eat less also easier to clear up for anal fun. LOL. A lot of what is claimed to be healthy is not really as healthy as they say. :P

Enjoy your visit to Brompton showroom. One time use to go there often enough to keep asking when is the eBike version come..Think the sale people ahteme for that heheh. I doubt they will bring in. LTA is clamping down hard since the eScooter ban on pavement..etc.

16 hours ago, GKS said:

Agreed before the moderators impetus this link. Hope to meet you and shared with more effective way to control your condition. 

so many experiments , must heard from you. 

I would also like to listen what type of sex. Sound inspiring. 

Always love your life. 

Hello! Get back to topic!

It's about fold-able bikes.

Not movies and not diet!

On 12/26/2020 at 10:47 PM, BudakFit said:

U can try brompton which swear to fold in 3 secs

14 hours ago, tyan said:

U can try brompton which swear to fold in 3 secs

Thus far still I think it folds the smallest in dimension thus very suitable and least inconsiderate on MRT or bus. One feature I like most and only reason I would buy a folding bike as an alternative to my MTBs.

Edited by upshot

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, lightsmith32 said:

Just sold of my mtb after using for 5 years as i seldom go trails anymore and its hard to use a mtb in pcns and roads ...

Looking at tern verge x11

Hard? heh.. I have been using my MTBs at those paths for 4 decades when I am not riding off road somewhere else. 

For those wanting to still ride MTBs at those pathways, knobby tires are a great way to add resistance training to pedal harder to strengthen leg muscles but if you want a smoother ride, just change to semi-slicks tires. heh... But I can see the allure of a small bike setup, and the Tern Verge is a good choice.

1 hour ago, upshot said:

Hard? heh.. I have been using my MTBs at those paths for 4 decades when I am not riding off road somewhere else. 

For those wanting to still ride MTBs at those pathways, knobby tires are a great way to add resistance training to pedal harder to strengthen leg muscles but if you want a smoother ride, just change to semi-slicks tires. heh... But I can see the allure of a small bike setup, and the Tern Verge is a good choice.

You are right on all points .. just very sian of the size, storage and moving in and out of the boot .. not really the bike problem like u mentioned, just me.

The smaller bike might make things easier for this old man ... would you have gd recommendations for a foldie that can do pcn and slight trails like ubin & connie?

8 hours ago, lightsmith32 said:

You are right on all points .. just very sian of the size, storage and moving in and out of the boot .. not really the bike problem like u mentioned, just me.

The smaller bike might make things easier for this old man ... would you have gd recommendations for a foldie that can do pcn and slight trails like ubin & connie?

I was thinking about getting a Brompton eBike but the dame distributor here is too slow to get the approval from LTA to get that in I suspect for the past 3 yrs.. but that is just a vanity purchase for me, I am still a MTB biker at heart with my two 'wifies' MTBs heheh.. But thought an eBike would be good for days I want to do photography strapping on a bag pack of a DSLR pro body+3 lens sets+tripod to go around shooting, so the electrical motor power assist would be good and the Brompton folds up into the smallest size possible. Makes it the most compact to use or bring onboard buses and trains. But wait till neck long-long from local Brompton dealer to bring that in. I did not want to import as the documentation for the electrical motor and approval will not be possible as an independent buyer/importer.  I don't drive so no hassle of transporting by car. I am one who cycle to any places I want to ride and doing round island rides or make long trips is not usual for me. Not so much now at my age heh... but it is a great way to keep fit.

I would still not take a foldie bike off-road. None are good enough for a good ride and might be tricky on soft terrain, and the smoother track tires will ensure you loose grip easier if you make hard turns. And the amount of rough handle will cause your bike to suffer metal fatigue. That is why I will always prefer MTB, the best of all world minus some compromising on speed compare to roadie bike, compactness not as good as a foldie...etc. You can't win them all heheh Off road for sure you need good tires with knobs for grip and traction control. A good racer mini would be a Birdy as it has good gearing and built for speed. Seen a lot of racer type zipping on them.. almost can give the roadies bikers a good run for their money heh. But for general fun riding, there are many out there like the one you mention which is not too entry level.. it's pretty good. Bromptons are also good but a bit heavy due to the material it is made from. But it is tough, good resale value, as I mention, it folds up the smallest of the lot, made in UK with a good brand standing though I find you pay a premium for the bullshit marketing heheheh.. it's like buying an Apple product. If not for the compactness capability and electrical motorized front wheel found in the eBike version, you will never get me to think about buying a Brompton. :P But the normal pedal power Brompton can be considered reasonable if this is not your first time owning a bicycle and have rode for a while. Good time to get better lower price is when they have a sales to move stocks. Check it out. Maybe there is still a GSS sale for it now. Check out the store ar Funan. But note, you are still looking at about 2k for one at entry level. The eBike version if they fucking do bring in, that's about 5k. Unless you are passionate about cycling, it's not practical to throw money at it. My present bikes cost way-way-way more. heh But I can justify that kind of investment as cycling for me means a lot more than just cycle about for fun.

I am hardcore with biking, so I can justify paying a lot more; but if you are not one who value cycling like that, stick to something practical about 1k+ for something reliable since you are upgrading from a MTB and not new to biking. Or you can get by with an entry level brand foldie costing 300+ or there about if you are none too fussy or being thrifty. It's not how much you spend to enjoy the ride. I used to be happy with a $299+ cheapo rusting Chris Cycle road bicycle (some lousy clunky China made) when in my teens. Rode it for 4 yrs as that was all I can afford. It's only when I was 30 that I could think of quality made bicycle brands. My buying of pricey bicycles is a passion in not just the sport, but also in MTB development and history. I jump from road bike over to MTB's pioneering days when many legend brands today were only just small timer bike builders back then. I grow up with and follow these few brands, including the team racers etc. So for me its a passion, not some 'how lian' indulgence for me. Besides, most people have no clue what those brands or bikes are about heh. But for me it's better than spending on silly sex whores hahahah...

Buy what fits you. Do your research and go take a look at them if there are shops featuring them. Do not buy by rushing. Give yourself time, especially if you are going to lay down good hard cash for a really pricey one. See how the fold downsize can fit your car interior or boot. How far you're going to ride with it versus a model you use to do short rides only. Do you really need to gear change option or just a single speed or 3 speed? Good bikes are only kep in your home hor. heheh Leave it outside your house is taking a bit risk on good brand bikes. These are some of the things you need to consider.

My bikes sleep with me in my room!! :P

10 hours ago, upshot said:

I was thinking about getting a Brompton eBike but the dame distributor here is too slow to get the approval from LTA to get that in I suspect for the past 3 yrs.. but that is just a vanity purchase for me, I am still a MTB biker at heart with my two 'wifies' MTBs heheh.. But thought an eBike would be good for days I want to do photography strapping on a bag pack of a DSLR pro body+3 lens sets+tripod to go around shooting, so the electrical motor power assist would be good and the Brompton folds up into the smallest size possible. Makes it the most compact to use or bring onboard buses and trains. But wait till neck long-long from local Brompton dealer to bring that in. I did not want to import as the documentation for the electrical motor and approval will not be possible as an independent buyer/importer.  I don't drive so no hassle of transporting by car. I am one who cycle to any places I want to ride and doing round island rides or make long trips is not usual for me. Not so much now at my age heh... but it is a great way to keep fit.

I would still not take a foldie bike off-road. None are good enough for a good ride and might be tricky on soft terrain, and the smoother track tires will ensure you loose grip easier if you make hard turns. And the amount of rough handle will cause your bike to suffer metal fatigue. That is why I will always prefer MTB, the best of all world minus some compromising on speed compare to roadie bike, compactness not as good as a foldie...etc. You can't win them all heheh Off road for sure you need good tires with knobs for grip and traction control. A good racer mini would be a Birdy as it has good gearing and built for speed. Seen a lot of racer type zipping on them.. almost can give the roadies bikers a good run for their money heh. But for general fun riding, there are many out there like the one you mention which is not too entry level.. it's pretty good. Bromptons are also good but a bit heavy due to the material it is made from. But it is tough, good resale value, as I mention, it folds up the smallest of the lot, made in UK with a good brand standing though I find you pay a premium for the bullshit marketing heheheh.. it's like buying an Apple product. If not for the compactness capability and electrical motorized front wheel found in the eBike version, you will never get me to think about buying a Brompton. :P But the normal pedal power Brompton can be considered reasonable if this is not your first time owning a bicycle and have rode for a while. Good time to get better lower price is when they have a sales to move stocks. Check it out. Maybe there is still a GSS sale for it now. Check out the store ar Funan. But note, you are still looking at about 2k for one at entry level. The eBike version if they fucking do bring in, that's about 5k. Unless you are passionate about cycling, it's not practical to throw money at it. My present bikes cost way-way-way more. heh But I can justify that kind of investment as cycling for me means a lot more than just cycle about for fun.

I am hardcore with biking, so I can justify paying a lot more; but if you are not one who value cycling like that, stick to something practical about 1k+ for something reliable since you are upgrading from a MTB and not new to biking. Or you can get by with an entry level brand foldie costing 300+ or there about if you are none too fussy or being thrifty. It's not how much you spend to enjoy the ride. I used to be happy with a $299+ cheapo rusting Chris Cycle road bicycle (some lousy clunky China made) when in my teens. Rode it for 4 yrs as that was all I can afford. It's only when I was 30 that I could think of quality made bicycle brands. My buying of pricey bicycles is a passion in not just the sport, but also in MTB development and history. I jump from road bike over to MTB's pioneering days when many legend brands today were only just small timer bike builders back then. I grow up with and follow these few brands, including the team racers etc. So for me its a passion, not some 'how lian' indulgence for me. Besides, most people have no clue what those brands or bikes are about heh. But for me it's better than spending on silly sex whores hahahah...

Buy what fits you. Do your research and go take a look at them if there are shops featuring them. Do not buy by rushing. Give yourself time, especially if you are going to lay down good hard cash for a really pricey one. See how the fold downsize can fit your car interior or boot. How far you're going to ride with it versus a model you use to do short rides only. Do you really need to gear change option or just a single speed or 3 speed? Good bikes are only kep in your home hor. heheh Leave it outside your house is taking a bit risk on good brand bikes. These are some of the things you need to consider.

My bikes sleep with me in my room!! :P

Tested the x11, wasnt so good for me. Will be testing the birdy gt or rohloff ..

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/19/2021 at 11:36 AM, spermy said:

Pikes is famous lately…

Cheaper knockoffs, same bike design as the Brompton which many like for its compact fold to get on trains and buses and from a far looks like a Brampton to fool the uninitiated... what's not to make it popular here if copyright infringement do not extend far enough here to stop it (for now). In any case, if they go after the culprit, it is not the buyer but the importers. Brompton are main;y heavy iron wrought bikes.. so not hard to copy the design and make. it was only a matter of time. So for now, enjoy boys... get a 'Brompton' clone while you still can. :P

Edited by upshot