Male HQ

KL CRUISING PLACES

Went to Kelana Jaya Park few months back (June/July 2022) on Sat night around 8-9pm. Walked around the lake hoping to see people but the entire place was dark and deserted. There was no one and no cruising activity going on. Is it dead now?

Follow me on Twitter: @maximusism

12 minutes ago, MT0601 said:

Went to Kelana Jaya Park few months back (June/July 2022) on Sat night around 8-9pm. Walked around the lake hoping to see people but the entire place was dark and deserted. There was no one and no cruising activity going on. Is it dead now?

I've been there recently in last 2 weeks... I could see there were still a few people hanging around the lake but no any action to be seen.. and we all left the park after 9pm.. so it's really dead now.  

14 hours ago, MT0601 said:

Not dead. Weekends are a bit of a hit or miss because people have family time. Plus the period you went hardly had any public holidays that fell nearing the weekend or at the start of a new week. That said, security has gotten tighter around Aug. The front door guard now intermittently comes out to patrol the space near the entrance. So you have to be a little more efficient with your sessions. 

Edited by notd
7 hours ago, notd said:

Not dead. Weekends are a bit of a hit or miss because people have family time. Plus the period you went hardly had any public holidays that fell nearing the weekend or at the start of a new week. That said, security has gotten tighter around Aug. The front door guard now intermittently comes out to patrol the space near the entrance. So you have to be a little more efficient with your sessions. 

Are you suggesting weekdays then or long weekend with public holidays? What’s the best time? How’s the crowd demographic?

1 hour ago, nobogoon said:

Evolve mall is a pretty dead mall and I think the toilets there are good for cruising at night, just letting you guys know

Have you cruised successfully at Evolve? A lot of toilets are good for cruising but the key is if there’s no willing crowd or participant then it’s kinda dead and a waste of time. Haha. 

3 minutes ago, MT0601 said:

Are you suggesting weekdays then or long weekend with public holidays? What’s the best time? How’s the crowd demographic?

I'm going to avoid specificities/long elabos to prevent trouble for others. But to answer your question...

Weekdays, particularly the start and end of the week tend to see larger crowds. And yes, long weekends with public holidays too, although this one very much depends on the occasion. If it's the festivities, expect lesser folks to show up. I'm guessing the turnup was bad over the weekend because everyone went back to hometown to celebrate the birth of a new government (?) 

Timing wise, anytime the sky starts to turn dark, you can start making your way to the place. Demographics wise, it's a mixed crowd. You'll see a couple of regulars there. Also helps to talk to regulars to learn the place better. Personally, I recommend being on guard by 8PM since the front entrance guards start patrolling the space at 8:30PM these days. As long as you're not caught in the act, you'll be fine.

2 hours ago, notd said:

I'm going to avoid specificities/long elabos to prevent trouble for others. But to answer your question...

Weekdays, particularly the start and end of the week tend to see larger crowds. And yes, long weekends with public holidays too, although this one very much depends on the occasion. If it's the festivities, expect lesser folks to show up. I'm guessing the turnup was bad over the weekend because everyone went back to hometown to celebrate the birth of a new government (?) 

Timing wise, anytime the sky starts to turn dark, you can start making your way to the place. Demographics wise, it's a mixed crowd. You'll see a couple of regulars there. Also helps to talk to regulars to learn the place better. Personally, I recommend being on guard by 8PM since the front entrance guards start patrolling the space at 8:30PM these days. As long as you're not caught in the act, you'll be fine.

Thank you so much for your detailed reply. I really appreciate you sharing so much! In Malaysia, the sky turns dark at around 7:45pm. So to be on guard by 8pm leaves us with a very tight window. LOL. I was there in June/July so no new government and no festivities. There was no guard as well at the widely opened gate which I thought was weird.