Male HQ

Singapore Swimming Complex/Pool

Just now, bluerunner said:

This week is the starting sec school holiday. 
I feel that there are more people at the pool too. 
I also noticed something really frustrating. According to ActiveSG, swimming lesson will be conducted from 12noon - 6pm. However, I saw there were swim classes conducted in the morning at a particular pool! 🤨

Sec school holidays started a month ago....haha...this is the primary school holidays. So now, be prepared to see hairless boys screaming shouting and running around at the pools!

8 minutes ago, ScratchedDiamond said:

Sec school holidays started a month ago....haha...this is the primary school holidays. So now, be prepared to see hairless boys screaming shouting and running around at the pools!

Oh really? So early ?!
Some JC and tertiary students are clean shaven too. So it’s not only pre-pubescent boys are hairless. 😝

Woke up early today and happily made my way out to the pool by bus. After alighting from the bus and walking to the bus, I realised I did not have a mask on (after seeing an oncoming person walking towards me w a mask!!)

Dang!! 😝

Quickly, covered my mouth, turned back and head home!! 
Luckily, no Safety Ambassador at that hour. 
If only the bus driver had stopped me .....😶

3 hours ago, bluerunner said:

Woke up early today and happily made my way out to the pool by bus. After alighting from the bus and walking to the bus, I realised I did not have a mask on (after seeing an oncoming person walking towards me w a mask!!)

Dang!! 😝

Quickly, covered my mouth, turned back and head home!! 
Luckily, no Safety Ambassador at that hour. 
If only the bus driver had stopped me .....😶

Woww, did u get 2 swim at all?  Was the pool full?  What pool / time was it ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2020 at 1:40 PM, ineedcocknow123 said:

Anyone know whether tanning is allow in pools now ? 

They allowed it at clementi pool. Was there yesterday at eleven am slot and this beefy guy roll up his trunks until its like a g string to tan. Then he pull down his trunks until half his upper bum is exposed. I guess he wants to make sure his entire bum is sunned. 

9 minutes ago, lean n mean said:

They allowed it at clementi pool. Was there yesterday at eleven am slot and this beefy guy roll up his trunks until its like a g string to tan. Then he pull down his trunks until half his upper bum is exposed. I guess he wants to make sure his entire bum is sunned. 

They allow the tanning deck to be used?

On 12/15/2020 at 4:35 PM, begleitung said:

No such separation anymore 

U mean we can go for a swim and tan anytime and can be there for more than 2 hrs ?

• Lap swim for seniors only: 6.30am to 8.45am
  • Lap swim for general public: 6.30pm to 9.30pm
Edited by DeMarko

Wonder can I drop by Clementi Pool and just scan my IC to extend my ActiveSG for another year of extension instead of going in to swim since they have limits per hours slot.

I still have $88 credit balance whereby i can use it for 2021.

17 hours ago, jsaw88 said:

Same experience too. I was at Jalan Besar pool on Monday morning and although the app said there were only 6 slots left, the crowd who turned up didn't look like they made up 44 pax. 😕

Ahh!!!!! I saw the same thing and I decided not to go ahead. Damn! Should have gone ahead,yeah? 🤨

Thanks for feedback. 

5 minutes ago, lean n mean said:

It was fully booked for the 8:45 pm session at clementi yesterday, but only four persons turned up and it wasnt even raining then. I was told people book many days in advance. Typically kiasu behaviour. 

If those never turned up should have their names/mobile numbers be recorded in the system as "Black Listed" and disallowed them from bookings for the next 6 months or longer. In addition, each booking with No Turned Up be Fined for $100 each

4 hours ago, bluerunner said:

Ahh!!!!! I saw the same thing and I decided not to go ahead. Damn! Should have gone ahead,yeah? 🤨

Thanks for feedback. 

You're welcome. Problem is, you won't be able to book once the slots are all taken up in the system. And I dunno if those ushers at the entrance would allow you in even if there were fewer than 50 ppl at the pool. 😕

Edited by jsaw88
1 hour ago, DeMarko said:

If those never turned up should have their names/mobile numbers be recorded in the system as "Black Listed" and disallowed them from bookings for the next 6 months or longer. In addition, each booking with No Turned Up be Fined for $100 each

I think ActiveSg only has a penalty system for repeated cancellations, but not for no shows...

1 hour ago, jsaw88 said:

I think ActiveSg only has a penalty system for repeated cancellations, but not for no shows...

No show is recorded. Repeated cancellation may not. 
From what I know, within a month (or maybe more... unsure), you cannot have more than 3 no shows. Else, you need to pay a fine. This figure will get reset after a certain period. 

8 hours ago, lean n mean said:

It was fully booked for the 8:45 pm session at clementi yesterday, but only four persons turned up and it wasnt even raining then. I was told people book many days in advance. Typically kiasu behaviour. 

Some of them could be senior citizens and their children or grand children who are more IT savvy help them. So, they could have forgotten. 
If I’m not wrong, the new ruling is thar you can only book up to 3 days ahead. (I could be wrong. 😝)

Edited by bluerunner
Add info

It’s Christmas Day. Poll booking showed 28 when I booked my slot early in the morning. So by the time the pool is opened, there could be more. That number is slightly

more than the daily morning average.
However when I was inside, I realised there were still empty lanes in the deep pool. Mmm...

Heard an Aunty complaining she waited longer for public transport this morning. I felt the same too. 
At about 7am, I looked around the pool. I still did not see as many ppl as I thought. Guess that some did not turn up for whatever reasons. Just glad I found a lane and did my swim in peace. 
Merry Christmas 🎄