Male HQ

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series X

I doubt we’ll be able to discern between the visual fidelity- the most important would be what your friends buy and what games are available. There are a lot of PS5 exclusives and really great games, enough to tilt the favour towards Sony

Edited by Rhyn

Tech Reviewer on Rhyn Reviews and YouTube: https://youtube.com/rhynreviews.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
5 hours ago, Coolbriz said:

Anyone managed to grab a PS 5? I’m surprised there isn’t any available even during the pre-ordering stage.

I am considering to buy one but the device itself is not cheap and yet still need to purchase each individual game. So I am not sure why this works. Can you help to explain to me?

1 hour ago, FIRE2020 said:

I am considering to buy one but the device itself is not cheap and yet still need to purchase each individual game. So I am not sure why this works. Can you help to explain to me?

Hi, there are 2 versions available: digital ($599) and one with disc player ($729). So, the cheaper digital version, you buy games online and download directly to your game console. The other version allows you to play Blu-ray discs. 

Well, the price is set as such due to improved graphic processing, fast speed access and 4k output. 

Be cool, like a breeze...

10 hours ago, Coolbriz said:

Hi, there are 2 versions available: digital ($599) and one with disc player ($729). So, the cheaper digital version, you buy games online and download directly to your game console. The other version allows you to play Blu-ray discs. 

Well, the price is set as such due to improved graphic processing, fast speed access and 4k output. 

Thanks! Do you play them?

16 hours ago, FIRE2020 said:

Think of it this way- even if you buy a gaming PC off the shelf, you still need to buy games on digital libraries like Steam or Epic Games. Moreover, the PS5 is capable of running extremely high quality graphics at a fraction of the cost that you need to build a PC for. Think $3000-$5000 for that PC. 

The PS5 is expensive for a device that’s solely for gaming, but it provides really good value for people who are casually gaming and don’t want a dedicated gaming rig. 

Tech Reviewer on Rhyn Reviews and YouTube: https://youtube.com/rhynreviews.

On 12/10/2020 at 7:55 PM, Coolbriz said:

I haven’t got chance to get one yet 😅

went sony shop last nite. salesman said ps5 long q. they are having promo for PS4 bundle deal with two free games and two consoles for 619 sgd. He said ps5 has very game now and also the graphic upgrade requires tv spec to up to the mark to enable get the intended effect. 

4 hours ago, FIRE2020 said:

went sony shop last nite. salesman said ps5 long q. they are having promo for PS4 bundle deal with two free games and two consoles for 619 sgd. He said ps5 has very game now and also the graphic upgrade requires tv spec to up to the mark to enable get the intended effect. 

Ya expected with the long queue for ps 5. Similar with any system, to enjoy the full benefits of the system, for eg, 4K output, Dolby digital sound, the display device, the cable (eg HDMI) connecting the two, the speakers, etc need to be able to support that features. 

Be cool, like a breeze...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

TLDR : For the new generation, I am inclined to PS5. 

Though I will probably end up with both eventually. 

___

For me it is usually the games I want to play that pushes me towards a console. That happened to every console generation. 

Disclaimer though, I almost never buy a game on release as things are ridiculously expensive, not just the console itself but even the games and accessories. Furthermore, there are still so many games I have not completed in my current console. I don't see the rush to buy a new console almost immediately. Usually launch titles are ... meh~

Overall, I agree with what Rhyn said. PS5 has more exclusives and the platform that your other gamer friends are on. But i would like to add, are these exclusive that YOU will play. I don't play FPS for example, you can release 100 FPS exclusives and I won't be enticed. 

I'd probably still get an XB series X eventually cos backward compatibility is something I want since my XB1s died and I am desperate to play KI2013. Unless i manage to bag myself a cheap XB1x in the meantime. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.