Male HQ

Are We Really Really Able To Have Close Bros Without Any Sex?

Guest Terence

Guest Terence

i know many gay friends started out as ons or f buddies before becoming close friends. those in a clique, they also have sexual experiences with each other before. some also have the thoughts but never ask cos their friends are attached. and then there are NSA fun secretly behind doors.

some friends never become close friends at all though they can get along well. cos one party is sexually interested but the other party is not. i myself have alot of such cases - want to develop sincere 'brotherhood' friendship but they wanted something more.

those that are not sexually interested in each other, they are just normal friends.

so is it possible? no make up stories pls.

Make friends with straight people and the sex portion is gone. Most of my close friends are straight unmarried people. And they don't judge me for my sexuality as long as I don't anyhow cross boundaries 

You’re not alone. If you’d like to speak to someone, help is available at the following centres:

Samaritans of Singapore (SOS) 24-hour Hotline: 1800 221 4444 or pat@sos.org.sg.
Institute of Mental Health’s 24-hour Hotline: 6389 2222
Care Corner Counselling Centre (English and Mandarin): 6353 1180
Singapore Association for Mental Health: 1800 283 7019

In the gay community,  similar to straight guys, all bros are bendable. 

You will only be safe with close sis.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Playfully

Sometimes it's nice to be sexually playful amongst friends. 

I've been to a sex party with some Taiwanese friends. It's at a bar and at the right moment, everybody got naked. There's no outright sex else the bar may lose its licence but plenty of playful fondling. It's wild and unbridled fun. Obviously only those sexually desirable were invited otherwise it will be awkward.

Guest guest

If your friend's type is polar opposite of yours, and you never agree on a hot guy you both like, you can safely be friends. Next would be whether you click well on platonic stuff...

For straight people, clicking on common interests might be best way to work as you age. Even after marriage, straight folks will still head out to pursue their interests and those who share same interests with them.

1 hour ago, Guest Playfully said:

I've been to a sex party with some Taiwanese friends. It's at a bar and at the right moment, everybody got naked. There's no outright sex else the bar may lose its licence but plenty of playful fondling. It's wild and unbridled fun. Obviously only those sexually desirable were invited otherwise it will be awkward.

Agreed, sometimes the fondling doesn't have to go to blowjob or anal. I have been to chalets where some of us will spend some time naked and hug and fondle skin-to-skin. Just no stimulation until the person cums.

Guest Playfully
3 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Agreed, sometimes the fondling doesn't have to go to blowjob or anal. I have been to chalets where some of us will spend some time naked and hug and fondle skin-to-skin. Just no stimulation until the person cums.

Actually it was not as innocent as it seemed. Some of us are there to flaunt and fish for later sex outside.

The kinkiest game we played was guessing who's top who's bottom. 

We rolled the dice, whoever got picked will have the choice to confess, if he confessed as bottom, he'll be allowed to insert a condomed baby carrot into his ass, if he insist to be top, he'll be asked to penetrate through a piece of water melon.

If he don't confess, we'll guess and make him do the reverse role. If he looked like a top, whoooho, we get to see him being penetrated by a baby carrot. If he looked like a bottom, we see his difficulty poking through that thick piece of water melon.

Most such games were intentionally played to break through the taboo of who's top and the "I'm 0.5" majority. It's no surprise that there were very few tops, some were true 0.5 but most were 0.

The most revealing game was everybody had to take turn to lay back and pick up a small plastic cup with handle, with his toes then pour the little bit of wine into his mouth. He'll have to repeat until he got at least a drop into his mouth. In the meantime, everybody got a good look into his hole and the hole don't lie.

I must say it's all very well planned and everybody was so sporting because there's sexual tension in the air, then we don't mind showing. 

Anyway, it's not so innocent because I was booked by one of the tops once my sexual role was revealed so explicitly. It's funny how the seatings started to shift once the guys changed their targets after the revelations.

The 2 seating beside me with "大哥" this, "大哥" that, suddenly gave way to that top with "兄弟,敬你一杯。"

The 2 of them rolled their eyes and smiled.

1 hour ago, Guest Playfully said:

Actually it was not as innocent as it seemed. Some of us are there to flaunt and fish for later sex outside.

We rolled the dice, whoever got picked will have the choice to confess, if he confessed as bottom, he'll be allowed to insert a condomed baby carrot into his ass, if he insist to be top, he'll be asked to penetrate through a piece of water melon.

If he don't confess, we'll guess and make him do the reverse role. If he looked like a top, whoooho, we get to see him being penetrated by a baby carrot. If he looked like a bottom, we see his difficulty poking through that thick piece of water melon.

Most such games were intentionally played to break through the taboo of who's top and the "I'm 0.5" majority. It's no surprise that there were very few tops, some were true 0.5 but most were 0.

The most revealing game was everybody had to take turn to lay back and pick up a small plastic cup with handle, with his toes then pour the little bit of wine into his mouth. He'll have to repeat until he got at least a drop into his mouth. In the meantime, everybody got a good look into his hole and the hole don't lie.

I must say it's all very well planned and everybody was so sporting because there's sexual tension in the air, then we don't mind showing. 

Anyway, it's not so innocent because I was booked by one of the tops once my sexual role was revealed so explicitly. It's funny how the seatings started to shift once the guys changed their targets after the revelations.

The 2 seating beside me with "大哥" this, "大哥" that, suddenly gave way to that top with "兄弟,敬你一杯。"

I guess thats bros with holes HAHA

Guest guest
6 hours ago, Guest Playfully said:

Those are some nice games! I think what I went for really pales in comparison. Mostly just cuddling only.

More possible between bots.

Less possible between tops.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

17 hours ago, fab said:

I disagree.  I have not had the fortune to have brothers.

But I'm sure that sex with my brother would never cross my mind.

If it is possible to leave out sex between genetic brothers,

why should it not be possible between friendship brothers?

I've been close with my best friend since high school and we came out to each other slightly after college. We've been best friends for a long time. Though we live in different countries now, we're still in close contact thanks to technology.

Personally, I always feel and it pans out to be pretty  true in that... if you and your str8/gay friend has nothing in common like a strong share interest - OUTSIDE of sex for gay friends, iut never last nor can it be rekindled. I can have friends who I am into photography with and we might lose contact when they get a g/f or wife but overtime as that settle down, they start to come back out to enjoy the hobby again for example. But if all that ties you over due to sex and it is superficial in that the act is manly sex with a little light conversation and meals and and then its off till the next time both feel the sexual urge. It does not last usually. Having that freedom to anytime doing another guy or another guy cross your path and offer, there is little incentive to keep coming back to the same hole or cock. That is too easy.

In some case when your choices are limited or you are one who grow attached to something familiar but yet fall short of love to have a LTR, it can work but that is rare. I have a few like that well more them than me but that is alright for me and for them when they sort me out every few months or a year and I know they seek no one else. Mainly I guess they are married and just trust me enough to come back for their occasional need to have some bisexual fun. But again we have other interests we share that also kept it going plus we have a long long friendship history and not all outing ends up in bed.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

I love having bros for fun sex it bond each other haha make the ties even tighter too bad I can’t find one or any regular. Tired of cruising islandwide one night stand etc...wide after gym or swim or sweaty jog...end up naked jerkoff with nature haha  

based of my many2 experiences I don’t believe in guys to guys relationship Cupid give up on me as I give up on love ...tired Liao I rather being single freedom horny sweaty naked fetish kinky on my own way...only those who like me can understand haha beside guys who is Straight bi married gay is all the same...u will never be enough of one haha 

karma is a bitch and the more u lie cheat etc it will eat u up slowly...for me being yourself honest loyal passion horny happy don’t give a fuck bout who judge you is the best way...

those bros who don’t mind or love to explore with me or open minded haha just follow my lead u r in good hands safe and sound haha ;)

On 6/21/2020 at 7:18 AM, Guest Terence said:

i know many gay friends started out as ons or f buddies before becoming close friends. those in a clique, they also have sexual experiences with each other before. some also have the thoughts but never ask cos their friends are attached. and then there are NSA fun secretly behind doors.

some friends never become close friends at all though they can get along well. cos one party is sexually interested but the other party is not. i myself have alot of such cases - want to develop sincere 'brotherhood' friendship but they wanted something more.

those that are not sexually interested in each other, they are just normal friends.

so is it possible? no make up stories pls.

Yes it is possible, when the other person is not your type OR the other person has no intention to have any sexual relationship with you.

I have a buddy whom we talk about anything except sexual stuff. And we have been friends for almost 20 years. I did try drop hints (just for fun) but he did drop back hints that he is not into me. So that's how our friendship don't go that way and we've maintain that.

After many years, that thought of having sex with your buddy will definitely not come - as long as both never entertain the thought.

Edited by KINKYMALAY

On 6/21/2020 at 5:52 PM, Guest Playfully said:

So fun, I wish I can play the same. 

Which bar is this in Taiwan? :) 

On 6/21/2020 at 11:19 AM, fab said:

Agreed, until now i only have my female ex-colleagues who will still contract me to chat while my male friends all no longer contactable.

Of course can la~ we called those 'sis' 😝

“Hi it's J"  

🌑 🌘 🌗 🌖 🌕 🌔 🌓 🌒 🌑

🐶 only taking the willing victims 😈 

Can, why not... I used to have one... We are bromance.. We are too close... even we both have gf... But we dont even have sex at all even... Hug, shower. Sports, sleepover...we even play pincing nipple and ass but we dont even think about doing sex... 

Now I am looking for a new bro as he is too busy with work and family.... No sex pls... 

49 minutes ago, suckUdry said:

i really like to have a real straight guy friend who will not judge me. also to be friends with his straight guy friends who are not homophobic and will not judge me. no sex or whatever. 

Me too.

16 hours ago, suckUdry said:

i really like to have a real straight guy friend who will not judge me. also to be friends with his straight guy friends who are not homophobic and will not judge me. no sex or whatever. 

I am fortunate to have numerous straight friends who are supportive that I am gay. I work very closely with my senior partner of the firm, and over the years, despite him being conservative on some issues, when it comes to LGBT rights, he is all for it. Sometimes we will go shopping together since he needed my gay eye to pick out suits etc. and he has become more like a bro in some sense.

Love. 

I don't have any closed friend at all no matter now or when i was my school. Form time to time, guys want me to be their bf but once they found out it didn't work. They will never contact me again. Kinda like "be their bf" or "nothing". I quite envy those have closed gay friends. Sometimes, having a closed friend is better than bf. 

Edited by stevestk

18 minutes ago, stevestk said:

I don't have any closed friend at all no matter now or when i was my school. Form time to time, guys want me to be their bf but once they found out it didn't work. They will never contact me again. Kinda like "be their bf" or "nothing". I quite envy those have closed gay friends. Sometimes, having a closed friend is better than bf. 

Keep trying! Do some non sexual activities together and it'll be easy 

You’re not alone. If you’d like to speak to someone, help is available at the following centres:

Samaritans of Singapore (SOS) 24-hour Hotline: 1800 221 4444 or pat@sos.org.sg.
Institute of Mental Health’s 24-hour Hotline: 6389 2222
Care Corner Counselling Centre (English and Mandarin): 6353 1180
Singapore Association for Mental Health: 1800 283 7019

• 2 weeks later...

i am an early first gen millenial. in 90s and early 2000s, homophobia was quite rampant. but by 2010, i feel there was more space and respect.

so around that time, i realised i have more straight bros. some end up fooling around, some just platonic. the longest one i had was until 2017.

uni time, i find most of the so called "straight" were actually bi-curious, but was just like whatever lah, as long as they are cute and willing to explore, why not.

most of them know i am not straight, but i think there is just more tolerance, or some shift in psychology in the recent decade or so.

last year, i heard my young cousin in JC just celebrated her friend's coming out. the lucky boy got a celebration for coming out.

times they are changing!

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

Guest TheGoodDoctor

my friendship with my married colleague was ruined cos he felt uncomfortable that we are getting too close and bit "touchy". i asked him many trivial questions like "do you like me", "will you be there for me when i need somebody by my side"...he said he "don't know how to answer or what to say"...is he confused between friendship and being intimate with another guy?

31 minutes ago, Guest TheGoodDoctor said:

my friendship with my married colleague was ruined cos he felt uncomfortable that we are getting too close and bit "touchy". i asked him many trivial questions like "do you like me", "will you be there for me when i need somebody by my side"...he said he "don't know how to answer or what to say"...is he confused between friendship and being intimate with another guy?

They way you stick to him. He will slowly drift away from you.. Even out from friend zone ~ Soon.  Very soon.... 

Like now ~

Edited by Kimochi

Guest TheGooDoctor
30 minutes ago, Kimochi said:

They way you stick to him. He will slowly drift away from you.. Even out from friend zone ~ Soon.  Very soon.... 

Like now ~

i stopped talking to him non-work stuffs, never talk in person not txt him...what else i should do wor?

36 minutes ago, Guest TheGooDoctor said:

i stopped talking to him non-work stuffs, never talk in person not txt him...what else i should do wor?

Nothing. Work as normal but not stick to him. You already on his turn off list. 

Guest TheGoodDoctor
6 hours ago, Kimochi said:

Nothing. Work as normal but not stick to him. You already on his turn off list. 

lol turn off list? well he still chooses to pee on the urinal next to mine even though there are vacant ones. And he "unintentionally" flash his hard cock to me from time to time. we used to chitchat in the toilet but now i feel tense cos he never say a word except for sighs and ehem ehem. so i always hurry and leave first...feels really awkward 😬 

1 minute ago, Guest TheGoodDoctor said:

lol turn off list? well he still chooses to pee on the urinal next to mine even though there are vacant ones. And he "unintentionally" flash his hard cock to me from time to time. we used to chitchat in the toilet but now i feel tense cos he never say a word except for sighs and ehem ehem. so i always hurry and leave first...feels really awkward 😬 

Means he want play with you also!  Why your colleague also so slutty! ~ :lol:

Guest TheGoodDoctor
1 minute ago, Kimochi said:

Means he want play with you also!  Why your colleague also so slutty! ~ :lol:

i don't see him slutty loh. He is married, gentle and got something big inside lol. I shared my story in other thread last December 2019. I failed to seduce him but haven't got a chance to taste his cock. We reached the borderline between friendship and bromance. i tried to tell my feelings for him but he always reply he "don't know how to answer me" and ask me to be mature. from then on i tried to keep my distance for few months...still i can't get over him cos he still showing me some signs tho haha.

Guest Keep it clean

Is it actually possible to have a good relationship with a bro who's gay/bi without him wanting sex? A friend was very keen to get close and finally we took a trip together before Covid. That's when he wanted to do more... Had to remove him that he's married.... 😕 I wouldn't mind chilling, being naked in the room or sauna with a bro... So nope, don't think such a non sexual relationship is possible after all...

I have the same experience during my younger days too. Was in Airforce as a regular. My buddy was touchy too though he is str8. We were so close. One of the incidents, while driving, he would unvelcro his overall groin area and move my hand into it touching his underwear bulge.

I did confessed to him one day that i'm gay and he asked me to stay away from him.

Edited by Fiacla

On 6/21/2020 at 7:18 AM, Guest Terence said:

You must be talking about gay bros.  Gay people mostly have one thing in mind if you're their type.  

On the other hand, I want to remind all the guys here that if you're even slightly interested your str8 bros, they can see it from a mile without you even saying anything.  If you want to have str8 bros without sex, you need to peel yourself off them until you lose that sexual urge.

16 hours ago, Guest Keep it clean said:

Is it actually possible to have a good relationship with a bro who's gay/bi without him wanting sex? A friend was very keen to get close and finally we took a trip together before Covid. That's when he wanted to do more... Had to remove him that he's married.... 😕 I wouldn't mind chilling, being naked in the room or sauna with a bro... So nope, don't think such a non sexual relationship is possible after all...

Its possible cause there are gays like me who does not want to do those penetrative sex action but ok with touching and cuddling especially those that are visually attractive to me. I personally have several close gay friends and its more easier for me to make friends with those that are attracted to me as well and i would be extra friendly to them too. They know me i never wanted sex and they never cross the line.

On 6/21/2020 at 11:06 AM, phewphew said:

Well the problem with straight people is that within my circle, many plans to settle down, and once they have family, safe to say i will be lonely

This is the reason why i dont want to add any more straight close friends as i know the time with them are numbered when they have their families and even worse when relationship getting too close might even fall in love and the pain will be unbearable when its time for them to finally married away with no more time to focus on you.

On 6/21/2020 at 11:55 AM, Guest Playfully said:

wow i like such party to be playing fondling without the real sex and of cause i will only wanna touch and fondling those that looks attractive to me

Guest Jason
6 hours ago, yoyo74 said:

wow i like such party to be playing fondling without the real sex and of cause i will only wanna touch and fondling those that looks attractive to me

I've been to taipei many times, but never experienced that kind of party. I just tried making friend with taiwan guy and offered i can stay in his place...had sex every night hehe

On 8/9/2020 at 2:07 AM, Fiacla said:

My buddy was touchy too though he is str8. We were so close. One of the incidents, while driving, he would unvelcro his overall groin area and move my hand into it touching his underwear bulge.

I did confessed to him one day that i'm gay and he asked me to stay away from him.

Your buddy was so confused with himself and his sexuality.

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.

Guest TheGoodDoctor

i always poke or tickle my married colleague on his side belly...he just smile and he never gets angry. is that a sign he want to be touched? or he's ok bcos he consider me as his buddy?

Based on this thread, some of these "bros" are older - married or something.

Younger guys these days are more fluid. I have some bros, not even sure whether gay or not, but just friend-friend lor.

These days it is actually good to have a gay friend or two, if you are straight. It shows you are progressive  & not homophobic.

My tenant is also straight attached guy living with us, a gay couple. We hang out as platonic friends.

But sometimes when we buy groceries or go out together, mistaken as couple. But who cares.

Of course, I still have a group of friends who are gay, but we are all more like sisters, hahah.

And sometimes sex happens, so it is very bro-like, can just do it and still not get weird afterwards.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.