Male HQ

GE2020

d15cr33t

BREAKING: Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong says he has advised President Halimah Yacob to dissolve Parliament and issue the Writ of Election.

"An election now – when things are relatively stable – will clear the decks, and give the new Government a fresh, full five-year mandate."

WATCH: https://youtu.be/kfc__yYspr0

BREAKING: Singapore President Halimah Yacob dissolves Parliament; Nomination Day to be Jun 30. https://cna.asia/2V74CrG

BREAKING: Polling Day in Singapore to be Jul 10, says the Elections Department. https://cna.asia/2V74CrG

Wheeeee. No government. Literally. 🤣

Exciting year indeed.

Edited by d15cr33t

7 minutes ago, d15cr33t said:

BREAKING: Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong says he has advised President Halimah Yacob to dissolve Parliament and issue the Writ of Election.

"An election now – when things are relatively stable – will clear the decks, and give the new Government a fresh, full five-year mandate."

WATCH: https://youtu.be/kfc__yYspr0

BREAKING: Singapore President Halimah Yacob dissolves Parliament; Nomination Day to be Jun 30. https://cna.asia/2V74CrG

Exciting year indeed.

Thx for sharing 

1 minute ago, single42 said:

just make sure we all vote wisely.. remeber their mistakes they made on this virus out break.. remember how they treated the foreign workers.. don't think abt the money they throw to us.. 

Mistakes? What abt all the good deals? 

20 minutes ago, WheelofTime said:

Why is the Polling Day less than a month away?!! Feels so rushed. Can’t they do it in Aug or Sep?

While the memory of the $600 still fresh,  by Aug most would have forgotten about it. Too little exposure for the opposition newbies, only know TCB but is a bad choice for him to contest in west coast GRC. 

13 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Nothing new already knew last month that election is on july during school holiday.

Results also nothing new,  only thing new is a Friday, previously is mostly Sat. most tot is either 4 or 11.

Edited by lonelyglobe

6 minutes ago, single42 said:

Got good deal meh..??

Guess u only interested in "negatives" and blind to all positives.

From all ur postings, looks like u just joined, and sounded like an opposition. 

Edited by Saggiboy

1 hour ago, WheelofTime said:

Why is the Polling Day less than a month away?!! Feels so rushed. Can’t they do it in Aug or Sep?

Not the first time. The main intention is not to give Opposition enough time to prepare and also do not want the voters to spend too much time to deliberating and thinking who to vote.  MSM has started the rally for the government already, almost on daily basis,  Words of repeated daily by PAP in msm such as  "uncertainty, threat ahead, lost jobs,  livelihood at stake and other grandfather stories WHICH we heard for about 30 years in a row" are still playing like broken record and then  100 years later, the same template will be re-dusted and read out.  Just like singing Majulah Singapura, and saying our Pledge, but those in ivory tower are not doing what they preached.

39 minutes ago, single42 said:

Got good deal meh..??

Got

Crowded public transport.

Heavy road traffic.

Non claimable cpf.

Misbehavior of foreigners which was ignored just bcoz they r bringing in money. 

What else....hmm...let others think abt it la

2 hours ago, single42 said:

just make sure we all vote wisely.. remeber their mistakes they made on this virus out break.. remember how they treated the foreign workers.. don't think abt the money they throw to us.. 

Please bear in mind! The money given or will be given are taxpayers' own money n not from their own pockets!

Guest Guest
2 hours ago, Saggiboy said:

Guess u only interested in "negatives" and blind to all positives.

From all ur postings, looks like u just joined, and sounded like an opposition. 

You leh? Guess u yourself also only interested in "positives" and blind to all negatives. It also looks like u just joined, and sounded like a PAP member. 

People living in glass houses shouldn't be casting stones. 

Guest Wrong
37 minutes ago, cutejack said:

How many idiots realise this?

Should be, "how many idiots DO NOT realise this?"  

Those who realise it are not idiot.

Guest Guest
2 hours ago, jlone said:

Please bear in mind! The money given or will be given are taxpayers' own money n not from their own pockets!

And they even assigned big fat salaries to themselves with our taxpayer's money. And not just that, after getting their big fat salaries funded using our taxpayer's money, they even have the guts on multiple occasions to engage lawyers to sue commoner taxpayers. And they can still claim to be so righteous about it too. Who feeds anyone else just to get themselves bitten? Only Singaporeans. 

Guest Thankful

So many foreigners wanted to be SGean bcos of what we are today. We should be thankful and not take things for granted to be eroded by some idiots trying to sway the general population for their own agenda. 

Guest Guest

I hope BW members can volunteer to help.

Volunteer is not joining as member. We need people to come forward.

Volunteering yourselfaAs a polling agent, you can see how voters vote. You will be surprised, many old votes are guided to do silly vote by marking on the incorrect boxes.

SDP really needs volunteer. (click here). 5 years once. Learn something from SDP! 

Guest Guest
24 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

Last round i signed up w sdp but they didnt get me to help! This time round i wanna helpout at tan cb’s instead

I am helping PSP and WP. 

Very easy to spot. I am not uncle. I graduated from UK but I speak broken English and superbly good ciim-ciim Hokkien.  

Guest Be Factual
1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Not one single foreigner came here to serve National Service to protect our country. Remember that! 

You're one of the ignorant chap. C'mon let's be honest and get your facts correct. I've came across many so called new citizens with their sons served NS proudly.

Guest Guest
46 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

they said Keburn grc seemed highly contested!!

Gov't is not stupid to carve out Kebun Baru.

PAP did gerrymandering and they knew Kebun Baru's performance. Taking down Kebun Baru is not easy and simple. Kebun Baru will be won by PAP.

Just like MacPherson. At first, we thought MacPherson sure fell into WP. But... 

Guest Guest
18 minutes ago, Guest Girlgirl said:

I’m only interested there’re any Handsome new faces in this GE

You KNN lah! Don't be lazy. Go google! Look at their face one by one! Don't let people tell y
PSP - One handsome SIA pilot
WP - One married handsome Singh. He works for the bank.
SDP - Hunky smart looking ex-RSN guy in CEC
SPP - Handsome and sexy tall Melvyn Chiu

11 hours ago, Since u r here said:

Govt is never helpful or handed out enough goodies for the lower income if u been following our current affairs and tommy koh, never have they! 

We are living in a city full of greedy hypocrites. A party that has no transparency with members full of arrogance n hypocrisy, who works only for big fat salary.

Are we going to vote for more of these?  Sad that majority still support these kind of people.  

Edited by jlone

Guest Guest

Wow ... this is an enormous endorsement of PSP regardless if he is partaking as an election candidate personally or not. I hope his sister can also step in to support this brother too. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/politics/ge2020-lee-hsien-yang-joins-tan-cheng-bocks-progress-singapore-party 

GE2020: Lee Hsien Yang joins Tan Cheng Bock's Progress Singapore Party but mum on whether will contest July 10 election

2 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Wow ... this is an enormous endorsement of PSP regardless if he is partaking as an election candidate personally or not. I hope his sister can also step in to support this brother too. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/politics/ge2020-lee-hsien-yang-joins-tan-cheng-bocks-progress-singapore-party 

GE2020: Lee Hsien Yang joins Tan Cheng Bock's Progress Singapore Party but mum on whether will contest July 10 election

Ya i saw this and dropped jaw :O

1 hour ago, jlone said:

We are living in a city full of greedy hypocrites. A party that has no transparency with members full of arrogance n hypocrisy, who works only for big fat salary.

Are we going to vote for more of these?  Sad that majority still support these kind of people.  

If capable get fat salary still OK but incapable and still get big pay and talk big, something is wrong.......

Unfortunately this election, very high chance opposition may 全军覆没. First there was no pressing issues against the ruling party unlike in 2011 when there was huge resentment over the HDB soaring prices and influx of foreign workers. With the fear of after-covid effects on economy,  sporean will choose the party that have a track record of providing jobs. 

Then after getting all the money,  our simple minded uncles and aunties are all very happy now and the reopening of Singapore pool probably make them happier.

With little exposure, no walkabout during CB and absence of physical rally, it will be difficult for the opposition party's newbies to reach out to the mass. 

Lastly,  if is going to be a lot of 3 corner fight,  then really a gone case for opposition. TCB, the one with the higher chances,  contest in a GRC that won with 78% in the last election,  chances are dim. He should be like low and chiam,  start with a single ward before leading a team for GRC. 

Guest Guest
3 hours ago, Guest Be Factual said:

You're one of the ignorant chap. C'mon let's be honest and get your facts correct. I've came across many so called new citizens with their sons served NS proudly.

Their sons but not them?

But you are right, I was wrong as I recently remembered one foreigner who performed NS voluntarily even before he became a citizen: Chen Show Mao of Workers Party: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chen_Show_Mao

"Chen, then a Singapore Permanent Resident, performed compulsory military service,  officially known as  National Service (NS) in Singapore as required by law. While in NS, Chen was an infantry platoon commander at the Fifth Singapore Infantry Regiment (5SIR) and as Brigade Adjutant, or DYS1, at the headquarters of the Third Singapore Infantry Brigade (3SIB). He became a Singapore citizen in 1986, six years after serving National Service."

How many foreigners did that? Take a look at Janil Puthucheary, our very own Minister of State at MOE formerly from Malaysia, and also an MP at Pasir Ris. He even have the guts to retort that he need not serve national service since first-generation new naturalised citizens are exempted, and he worked as a doctor so that is his idea of public service. https://web.archive.org/web/20110421014807/http://ge2011.theonlinecitizen.com/2011/04/paps-janil-puthucheary-i-did-not-do-ns-those-are-the-facts/

Opposition parties must not engage in 3-corner fights, they will definitely lose.

MPs that I really want voted out: Vivian (he outed Vincent from SDP in the 2011 elections), Christopher D Souza (anti LGBTQ),  DisGraceFu...who else?

Will Nicole Seah lead WP to contest Marine Parade? Very excited to see this fight.

Edited by WheelofTime
Grammar edits

"At the time when they had slavery, there were laws in place which reflected the public morality of that time. If you had been in America at that time when they had slaves and you had said to somebody, "You should not have slaves because slavery is wrong", nobody there, at that time, would have agreed with you because the society was such that that was the correct thing at that time. And that is precisely the point because societies do evolve. Clearly, we have evolved to a stage where we now regard slavery as wrong. We certainly regard discrimination on racial and religious grounds as wrong. But in some places, that is still regarded as correct, which just brings us back to the point that in each case, it is a question of what society is prepared to accept."

Her stance on human rights issues.

"However, even if we take the argument that homosexuality is genetic at its best - I do not agree with it - but even if we take that argument at its best case, does that merit a repeal of section of 377A? It does not. Natural predispositions should not translate into exceptions from the law. Genetic or natural predispositions do not translate in removal of related offences. For example, it is a known fact that some members of our society suffer from a medical condition known as kleptomania. However, this does not merit repealing all the offences in the Penal Code relating to theft."

He equates sexual orientation to a mental disorder. 

Edited by WheelofTime
grammar edit

Think nothing can be achieved with personal attacks and name calling.

Whether you support the incumbent or the opposition, volunteer to help. Or put your frustrations into good use and help canvas for your preferred candidate. 

lets be productive and proactive. Positivity is more inviting than division.

personally, I am ready for a change and am hoping that LGBTQ issues are among those addressed. 
what are yours?

18 hours ago, single42 said:

You mean they have not done enough for the foreign workers??? What a joke, they have treated them so very well that some of us are getting jealous. You mean they used the reserves to support you, you dont want, then give me yours....

Guest Sad!!

A pity Dr Tan CB is not contesting in my area!! I really wish to show my support for the Opposition to get the ruling party to wake up their freaking idea, but looking at the Opposition coming to my area... Erm... :(

Guest Guest

Anyone knows what is the % of eligible voters (I assume to be 100% Singaporeans - YAY!) vs the total Singapore population? Thx! 

I am in West Coast GRC, if heng heng opposition wins, then PAP no face to hide .... very exciting!

Guest Guest

OK - I saw the eligible voters = 2.65million Singaporeans (via ST Election At A Glance info card) versus the total population of 6million? Wow!

7 minutes ago, Guest Sad!! said:

A pity Dr Tan CB is not contesting in my area!! I really wish to show my support for the Opposition to get the ruling party to wake up their freaking idea, but looking at the Opposition coming to my area... Erm... :(

If both party don't like,  still can cast a void vote, void vote is actually an expression. 

8 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Anyone knows what is the % of eligible voters (I assume to be 100% Singaporeans - YAY!) vs the total Singapore population? Thx! 

I am in West Coast GRC, if heng heng opposition wins, then PAP no face to hide .... very exciting!

Umm.... Last election was a 78.57% strong mandate,  I don't see how this can be changed,  that's why don't know why TCB go there,  western SG have always been stronghold for ruling party. 

Guest Guest

But the media reported that Dr. Tan was with Ayer Rajah for 26 years, maybe that could be the reason why he chose back .... familiar (battle) ground?

Previously a member of the People's Action Party, Tan is a member of Ayer Rajah SMC from 23 December 1980 to 6 May 2006. 

Can't compare when u r contest under the ruling party Vs opposition party and also a SMC Vs GRC. There are a lot of die-hard fans going for the brand instead of the person though a lot of people say he is nice 

Edited by lonelyglobe

1 hour ago, Since u r here said:

some alrdy said they will 3 liao  cos no1 wish to let each other 

All along we knew and been following 

RP not contesting in West Coast liao , based on their latest FB post. They agreed with PSP that Oppositional Unity is more important for this elections.

• G_M locked this topic
  • HendryTan unlocked this topic