Male HQ

Google Chrome

Guest Chrome

Guest Chrome

Cannot download and install google chrome. Whenever I download the setup.exe, the file is not working. When I clicked the file, it asked me which app I want to open with instead of automatically run to setup. Can anyone help? 

Or you know any service that can come to my place to fix it?

9 hours ago, Guest Chrome said:

Cannot download and install google chrome. Whenever I download the setup.exe, the file is not working. When I clicked the file, it asked me which app I want to open with instead of automatically run to setup. Can anyone help? 

Or you know any service that can come to my place to fix it?

You download a Mac or PC version?

Usually a 'exe' extension file will decompress into a set of smaller files needed to begin the installation and the rest will be downloaded via internet as the installation takes place. But if it asks you for an application to open instead usually would be usual. Unless it needs a ZIP or RAR software to help it decompress which should not be the case.

You might try this one. I just downloaded from Google Chrome Site. Try this one in case yours was corrupted or maybe you download from a non google site but a proxy. Always try to get it direct from the actual maker of the software. Something proxy site might have hacked version which can contain virus, spyware..etc But is disguise to get you to download and click activate.

ChromeSetup.exe

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.