Male HQ

Are you Chinese?

greg01greg

1 minute ago, zenas said:

Chinese are the most racist. They always make fun that "Indians cannot be trusted, Indians cannot be trusted" but ironically majority Indians are Security Guard 😂😂😂. (just for laugh). I make fun of all race, fair & square. 

lets not use the race card here. this may ruffle some of the online vigilantes. I mean do you get asked if you're Chinese even without seeing any picture? 

because I get that asked a lot, I wouldn't mind if they ask for my race but to think that im Chinese.. I was pretty offended 

1 hour ago, just a small town boiii said:

The worst part is when u meet a guy on this forum, the convo goes really really well. Then ask u for your race and u tell them that u are indian and they proceed to block you immediately. Same thing happens a couple of times and then u go on to start believing that something’s wrong even tho there’s actually nothing wrong with u at all. You eventually start hating on yourself just coz you are not born the same skin colour as most of your peers. 

I’m sorry you felt that way. Don’t hate yourself for something that was never your fault. You just be you. There’s ignorant ppl around. I guess I’m considered a minority but truthfully I’m just tired for the assumption that all of us are Chinese in Singapore. 

30 minutes ago, repressednerd said:

I ghost the person once I see that question or similar. For this kind of person who asks, there is also a high chance that he won't turn up at the meeting point or turn around and go home if he sees me from afar.

meaning you would ghost the person who ask if you were Chinese?  

17 minutes ago, cutejack said:

Y must get a topic involving race? There will be condemn n compliment.  Is this even necessary now? Why? Sensitive isnt it?

@cutejack why not? must we just ignore if there's an issue? 

I'm just putting it out there, why do most guys assume that whoever they chat with would be Chinese?

this is inappropriate? so what is appropriate to you? sending out nudes on this forum? having a discussion about perving guys while they're showering? getting off secretly in public? these are all ok? but just a question to all about why most ppl assume whoever they chat with must be Chinese, couldn't they ask first before assuming? 

Edited by greg01greg

7 hours ago, cutejack said:

Y must get a topic involving race? There will be condemn n compliment.  Is this even necessary now? Why? Sensitive isnt it?

It is the foundation of existence on both coasts of the Strait.

2 hours ago, zenas said:

@stock-top alot of people say I look Thai..😂😂😂

Or Teochew?

16 hours ago, zenas said:

@cutejack says I look Pinoy la...😂😂😂😂

You might have missed it.

Pinoys, Malays and most natives of Taiwan are of the same nation or ethnicity.

There are descendants of theirs claiming to be Chinese.

Or you may care to not overlook the local hostility towards Ah Tiongs.

Take it easy and just be yourself.

I realised that for some people who don't look Chinese, they usually look Chinese once they wear spectacles. 

What I find stranger at times is that, the one who looks very Chinese is actually almost monolingual in English, and the one who doesn't look Chinese speaks better Mandarin than English. 

32 minutes ago, repressednerd said:

I realised that for some people who don't look Chinese, they usually look Chinese once they wear spectacles. 

What I find stranger at times is that, the one who looks very Chinese is actually almost monolingual in English, and the one who doesn't look Chinese speaks better Mandarin than English. 

I’m not Chinese. I don’t think I look Chinese at all but I often get spoken to in mandarin by most of  the staff at the check out counters. I guess the only way to get ppl speak to you in English to have a different skin tone? 

On 6/26/2020 at 5:26 PM, greg01greg said:

lets not use the race card here. this may ruffle some of the online vigilantes. I mean do you get asked if you're Chinese even without seeing any picture? 

because I get that asked a lot, I wouldn't mind if they ask for my race but to think that im Chinese.. I was pretty offended 

Why should you be offended if they think you are Chinese ?  Maybe they preferred to go with non-Chinese.

Don't read and response to guests' post

6 minutes ago, LeanMature said:

Why should you be offended if they think you are Chinese ?  Maybe they preferred to go with non-Chinese.

Because being a minority here in Singapore I often get mistaken as Chinese and throughout my time using this forum, most guys I chatted with assume that I would be Chinese - for example, a few days ago a guy chat me up, a blind chat - meaning no pictures exchanged things went well, until he said - “you’re Chinese right?” I said no he then said “oh sorry I’m only into Chinese.” After 2 hours of chatting... 
so coming from experience I get offended when guys ask if I’m Chinese

so why do most guys here assume everyone in this forum would be Chinese? 

15 minutes ago, greg01greg said:

Because being a minority here in Singapore I often get mistaken as Chinese and throughout my time using this forum, most guys I chatted with assume that I would be Chinese - for example, a few days ago a guy chat me up, a blind chat - meaning no pictures exchanged things went well, until he said - “you’re Chinese right?” I said no he then said “oh sorry I’m only into Chinese.” After 2 hours of chatting... 

Cos majority of the population here are Chinese so they assume.

I suggest right at the start both just state each other race and stats to save the disappointment later.

38 minutes ago, innocense said:

I suggest right at the start both just state each other race and stats to save the disappointment later.

Sure, I know there’s a vast majority of Chinese using this forum. 
We just need to educate ourselves there is diversity and inclusion 

Edited by greg01greg

1 hour ago, innocense said:

Much as the ideal world would be "colour" blind, realistically though, it is probably easier just to state one's minority status upfront.

Just like here in Australia, if you do not make your Asianness known at the beginning, you are going to be wasting a lot of time.

3 hours ago, greg01greg said:

Sure, I know there’s a vast majority of Chinese using this forum. 
We just need to educate ourselves there is diversity and inclusion 

What is so offensive about assuming that you are the majority? 

Will yoube less offended if they ak what's your race instead?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

33 minutes ago, fab said:

What is so offensive about assuming that you are the majority? 

Will yoube less offended if they ak what's your race instead?

if you're not a minority here in singapore - I don't think you'll understand.

its not about feeling LESS offensive - its how one ask for someone's race.

and no - I would not be offended if someone ask me for my race.

On 6/28/2020 at 8:44 PM, greg01greg said:

if you're not a minority here in singapore - I don't think you'll understand.

its not about feeling LESS offensive - its how one ask for someone's race.

and no - I would not be offended if someone ask me for my race.

Imo, it's impolite to ask Are you NOT Chinese.

Honestly I don't see how making an intelligent deduction is impolite. 

Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

2 hours ago, fab said:

Imo, it's impolite to ask Are you NOT Chinese.

Honestly I don't see how  to making an intelligent deduction is impolite. 

@fab do you get the origin of this discussion? 
it’s ok. I’ll leave you to your own opinion. 
as you would quote yourself - never argue at the guest. Let them bark all they want 

by the way - in Singapore, it’s impolite to assume - (rather to ask) “are you not Chinese” 

2 hours ago, greg01greg said:

@fab do you get the origin of this discussion? 
it’s ok. I’ll leave you to your own opinion. 
as you would quote yourself - never argue at the guest. Let them bark all they want 

by the way - in Singapore, it’s impolite to assume - (rather to ask) “are you not Chinese” 

The forum is for discussion.  No?

Air your opinion.  I stand corrected. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

17 hours ago, zenas said:

Guys just for laugh

I can't believe this vid didn't get more love.:P

I was impressed with the young caucasian guy speaking Chinese.

I once had to try and explain to a young Chinese guy, the meaning behind The Monty Python's 'I like Chinese' song.

That was fun.:)

i think maybe people ask "are you chinese" instead of "are you malay or indian" is because chances of you being chinese is higher cos there are more chinese in Singapore.

As to whether this question carries racist or preference undertones, if it's important to that person who asks, then this question will happen sooner or later. In this case, for me, I would rather sooner because it saves everyone time. There will always be encounters like this everywhere (are you top/bottom for e.g) and the sooner you accept this and realise it's their issue and not yours, the better. Otherwise you will just feel angry and frustrated and the other party won't even care.

1 hour ago, lean n mean said:

i think maybe people ask "are you chinese" instead of "are you malay or indian" is because chances of you being chinese is higher cos there are more chinese in Singapore.

As to whether this question carries racist or preference undertones, if it's important to that person who asks, then this question will happen sooner or later. In this case, for me, I would rather sooner because it saves everyone time. There will always be encounters like this everywhere (are you top/bottom for e.g) and the sooner you accept this and realise it's their issue and not yours, the better. Otherwise you will just feel angry and frustrated and the other party won't even care.

Yes. And of course, as I said before we need to educate ourselves that there is a diversity and inclusion in this island we call Singapore. 

On 6/28/2020 at 5:44 PM, And then said:

Much as the ideal world would be "colour" blind, realistically though, it is probably easier just to state one's minority status upfront.

Just like here in Australia, if you do not make your Asianness known at the beginning, you are going to be wasting a lot of time.

To the some caucasians, asians = small dick. 

so they prefer non-asians, 4 some neway. 

Edited by begleitung

On 6/28/2020 at 3:37 PM, greg01greg said:

This is a preference, and MOST preferred to meet and date their own race.  To avoid the situation you had mentioned, it is better to be upfront and asked whether race is an issue before going further.  It is also good to update your race profile, at least you won't encounter the same question over and over again.

Don't read and response to guests' post

3 hours ago, LeanMature said:

This is a preference, and MOST preferred to meet and date their own race.  To avoid the situation you had mentioned, it is better to be upfront and asked whether race is an issue before going further.  It is also good to update your race profile, at least you won't encounter the same question over and over again.

yes I do get the point but this is Singapore - nevermind if this site/forum are mostly Chinese users but you don't go assuming thinking the next person you chat with would be Chinese...

to break it down - if say im in the US, and im on a gay site..I don't go assuming that everyone in the US is white. Right? theres Blacks, Latinos, Asian, Mexican,. Euros... the list goes on.. its ok to ask for someone's race if theres a need to.

Singapore is a melting pot of races - so lets welcome diversity and inclusion. 

im race/color blind - I welcome all races just like the pride colors we represent.

• 6 months later...

Recently at the sauna, I got asked if I was Chinese. The top liked that I didn't look so Chinese yet my identity is Chinese, and if I didn't turn out to be Chinese, he would be turned off. An abang also pulled me to the room because he thought I was one of the Malay dudes (and also because it was dark) at TMC but I didn't turn out to be Malay after he could hear the intonation in my moans. He enjoyed the surprise anyway, as he told me he like Chinese but always get rejected. :ph34r:

59 minutes ago, repressednerd said:

Recently at the sauna, I got asked if I was Chinese. The top liked that I didn't look so Chinese yet my identity is Chinese, and if I didn't turn out to be Chinese, he would be turned off. An abang also pulled me to the room because he thought I was one of the Malay dudes (and also because it was dark) at TMC but I didn't turn out to be Malay after he could hear the intonation in my moans. He enjoyed the surprise anyway, as he told me he like Chinese but always get rejected. :ph34r:

I can give you hundreds of reason why some people do this but ultimately this is all about their own preferences. You can't not  tell me all the decision you make in your life you do not have chosen one over the other? His body and his sexual excitement happen to include one feels more comfortable with his race. Why? You think the racial harmony we all live in Singapore really are 100%? That everyone has in some way some bias or just not comfortable cross lines. It's not hate. Sure we hardcore bigots. BUT. ALSO there are those who are just looking for what comfortable to them to interact with PHYSICALLY AND SEXUALLY.

If we start to look for bigotry up to such a level with a 'super duper microscope'. Don't set a breeding ground for toxic irrational sense of SJW narrative prevalent

in US and slowly being used by losers to get an upper hand on anything instead of working to earn it or just to justify rejection. People have choice. Not everything done to you or me originate from place of hate and racial lines. Only open conversation and frank acceptance that sometime it is just the way it is. We love to pretend to be righteous and open till we are exposed we have biases or preferences too.  If this bother you so much with sex, why not also go after other so called 'bias' like Buddhist to eat beef or Muslims to eat pork (no disrespect meant) or why some eat durian and some don't, why BTM all not top too. Why allow anyone to choose one or the other?

If we can accept one group or individual or entire race to do a certain preferred or exclusive thing, then why not SEX? We do not need to take every rejection as an attack or bias against you. That is just your own mind screwing you with your own bias.

Something to think about.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

16 hours ago, repressednerd said:

Lol. I din know there are different intonations from different ethnicities. 

Please teach me how to differentiate. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Its called "preference" ,whatever ticks your erogenous zones, your fantasy mind, your own checklist. Perhaps environment might have some involvement I do not know. 

20 hours ago, repressednerd said:

Wow, u are lucky then! Most times they have their own cliques, we seem to be the ones rejected. Probably my size is not their type too :( 

Will you be my valentine's? :D