Male HQ

iPad Pro with Pencil Alternative

I have been using Moleskin's Ellipse pen and stationery. It works very well. It takes traditional pen, and syncs what you wrote into an app. The only drawback I have is that the battery kinda sucked a little, lasts about 4 hours with one charge. But other than that, the device works really well. You can even write first, then sync later or live sync via Bluetooth. I like it because there it is physical paper and pen/ink writing, but I have a digital copy for backup. 

I have the iPad Pro with the Pencil. The reason I like it better than Moleskin is if I made an error, I can erase it nicely versus crossing out on paper. Also there is pressure feedback when you write on paper versus a glass screen. Nonetheless what makes the Pencil/IPad Pro combo great comes down to the app you use for note taking.  At the end of the day, I use both. The moleskin more for notes, and iPad more for sketching out ideas/concepts.

Not sure about Android alternatives. 

Love. 

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, kidster said:

On paper it seems quite good, but before the reviews hits, it seems that while the hardware is well designed and implemented, the software (applications and optimisations so that it can run properly on Android tablets) may not be up to par. 

In essence, there is no Android tablet that can match apples (lol) to apples with iPad Pro.

Tech Reviewer on Rhyn Reviews and YouTube: https://youtube.com/rhynreviews.

One of the youtuber I follow and I tink he and a few others gives pretty 'balanced' review. You need to know what you want to do with it and not just think ... I want a tablet type device so I got to get iPad as it is the BEST as some will tell you. Know what you want to do with it FIRST. the hype is not it is cracked up to be if you do not use it as intended.

And also this one which I cue to the exactly point he talks about this tablet. 

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

I don't want a tablet separately.

I bought Surface Pro 3 thinking the hand writing is good enough but the battery life is so short. Can't even last for a year.

Are there laptops that I can plug out the screen and leave the keyboard at home to reduce weight when I'm out on non working days?

Looking at Surface Book 3 now but lots of negative reviews.

I am about to consider this one but for me I know exactly why I want this and I too like to take notes in meetings and all that PLUS I read so it has eBook features which works for me. I have a notebooks and tablet but for specifica use like DAW ( music edit ) Photo Edits..etc But for the lightest device just to throw in the bag or read in bed too far from the monitor in the room I am looking at this. A bit on the pricey side but there are alternative a little cheaper but not as good. I saw an earlier version of this over a year back from a friend who bought it but smaller. I like this large size. Easy for my eyes since I wear reading glasses heheh  I like to scribe for some reason being dyslexic, being able to write as I read, helps me understand or remember text better. I am a very visual person so scribbling and doodling as I take notes help me plenty.

Something I do otften like an exercise.. like I use BW to comment stuff. It helps me a lot and this one will be good. The speed off writing is also very good which is what sold me.

That was why I earlier recommended the Samsung. I have been researching a lot of tablets recently heheheh A habit of mine before I finally focus on one to buy. Maybe this might be something you can use?

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

https://www.lowyat.net/2021/261160/samsung-unveils-next-generation-galaxy-tab-a8/

Once again, the dementia of buying ipad or the new android tablet.

I'm using windows OS and Android phone. Will buying ipad add more complication to my work flow?

I don't want to spend time figuring out how to perform a simple task of sharing docs across devices and reduce my productivity.

Any advice?

• 3 months later...

On 4/7/2022 at 12:16 PM, kidster said:

iPad. Apple has better support and resale value when you are ready to upgrade in the future. 

Love. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.