Male HQ

Netflix recommendations

6 minutes ago, vinyyx said:

I loved this show... At least in the beginning. Super intense and thick plot. Pity it turned out to be quite slow and boring towards the end. Still a good show nevertheless imo!

I just started yesterday 😛. At least it made me want to continue watching after episode 1.

I couldn't continue watching beyond episode 1 for 'It's Ok Not To Be Ok' and 'Hospital Playlist'. 

So strange nobody mentioned Shadow Hunters here.

The gay relationship between the warlock Magnus Bane {played by Harry Shum Jr) and Alec Lightwood is to die for. And for a mainstream series, the gay relationship surprisingly played a large part of the storyline, and it started at the very early part of Season 1 too. The fairytale ending between the two gay characters in the final season gives gays hope too. The storyline is pretty good as well, if you are into stories about angels, werewolves, vampires etc. 

12 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

So strange nobody mentioned Shadow Hunters here.

The gay relationship between the warlock Magnus Bane {played by Harry Shum Jr) and Alec Lightwood is to die for. And for a mainstream series, the gay relationship surprisingly played a large part of the storyline, and it started at the very early part of Season 1 too. The fairytale ending between the two gay characters in the final season gives gays hope too. The storyline is pretty good as well, if you are into stories about angels, werewolves, vampires etc. 

Find the rs corny and fake. When they get straight guys to play gay there won't be any chemistry unlike straight romance when you can see the guy wants to pump the girl.

1 hour ago, practease said:

Enola Holmes was entertaining...though I thought it was a series, hence, kinda short lived.

Another sjw feminist ‘women do it better’ show.

20 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Another sjw feminist ‘women do it better’ show.

The character really didn't "do it better". She just did it because she has the will and conviction to follow through and of course that bit of God given talent. It's not like everything was a breeze for her, she got her many scrapes, bruises, blood sweat and tears along her journey. Her character has the limitations of a young lass her century possesses. She is like everyone else but just more persistent.

I don't see it as a feministic approach in the storytelling at all. 

The only reason I'm crying foul is...Henry Cavill had his shirt on the entire show!!! Now that's unacceptable...

20 hours ago, begleitung said:

That lady in emily in paris has scary eyebrows. Nice sceneries tho, not just in paris. 

Yeah I agree! Even her famous father doesn't have eye brows like hers, so she probably inherited it from her mom.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRq2WDnZfbiNnIrx5kY34h

I also didn't expect her character to have so much sex in the show, she almost felt underage.

The series really took reference from The Devil Wears Prada immensely, there are so many scenes that you could see the similarities, it's like even naming her character Emily somewhat pays tribute to Emily Blunt's character who didn't get to go Paris in the movie.

4 hours ago, practease said:

The character really didn't "do it better". She just did it because she has the will and conviction to follow through and of course that bit of God given talent. It's not like everything was a breeze for her, she got her many scrapes, bruises, blood sweat and tears along her journey. Her character has the limitations of a young lass her century possesses. She is like everyone else but just more persistent.

I don't see it as a feministic approach in the storytelling at all. 

The only reason I'm crying foul is...Henry Cavill had his shirt on the entire show!!! Now that's unacceptable...

U didn’t get all the times where she was made ahead of Sherlock, the inspector making a dig at Sherlock for solving it later? This non canon character capitalising on and step-stoning on the name of one of the best male detective is but one of the so many feminist shiat spewing out of Hollywood in recent years. 

The Curious Case of Sherlock Holmes’ Feminist Spinoffs

Enola Holmes is the feminist romp the Holmes canon needs: Review

In Holmes, Feminism Is Appropriated From the Marginalized to Become the Privileged Woman’s Adventure

'Enola Holmes' Is a Basic Guide to Feminism Loosely Draped in Mystery

'Enola Holmes' is a fiery feminist film about Sherlock Holmes' teenage sister

Enola Holmes: Sherlock sister spin-off lives up to its feminist ideals

‘Enola Holmes’ On Netflix Starring Millie Bobby Brown Is A Feminist Twist To Sherlock Holmes

‘Enola Holmes’ review: A charming feminist spin on the classic Sherlock

I would list on but there are just toooooooooo many articles ..... 

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

U didn’t get all the times where she was made ahead of Sherlock, the inspector making a dig at Sherlock for solving it later? This non canon character capitalising on and step-stoning on the name of one of the best male detective is but one of the so many feminist shiat spewing out of Hollywood in recent years. 

The Curious Case of Sherlock Holmes’ Feminist Spinoffs

Enola Holmes is the feminist romp the Holmes canon needs: Review

In Holmes, Feminism Is Appropriated From the Marginalized to Become the Privileged Woman’s Adventure

'Enola Holmes' Is a Basic Guide to Feminism Loosely Draped in Mystery

'Enola Holmes' is a fiery feminist film about Sherlock Holmes' teenage sister

Enola Holmes: Sherlock sister spin-off lives up to its feminist ideals

‘Enola Holmes’ On Netflix Starring Millie Bobby Brown Is A Feminist Twist To Sherlock Holmes

‘Enola Holmes’ review: A charming feminist spin on the classic Sherlock

I would list on but there are just toooooooooo many articles ..... 

Haha, I'm glad I enjoyed the movie!

2 hours ago, practease said:

Haha, I'm glad I enjoyed the movie!

I mean, it wasn’t bad, just nowadays they are inserting a female version of so many things and portraying them to be better it’s getting tiresome.

31 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

I mean, it wasn’t bad, just nowadays they are inserting a female version of so many things and portraying them to be better it’s getting tiresome.

Ah, I understand what you mean. For example a female spiderman, female ghost busters, female ironman...yes I do admit that this approach does get tiresome. 

Just binge watched "The Haunting of Bly Manor".

I love a well written drama, one that is engaging intellectually (I love cheese as well so I binged on "Emily in Paris"), featuring female protagonist, a bit of fantasy or science fiction, funny and witty scripts, and once I'm hooked, I have a bad habit of binge watching back to back episodes until i finish the entire season or series.

Back to "The Haunting of Bly Manor" - 

It's not a horror story, but a tragic drama with ghosts in it. The series starts with an American au-pair hired to take care of two children in an old English manor. It starts off a bit slow as we're forced to piece together the puzzle as it slowly reveals the layers behind the history of the estate. The story will start revealing itself from Ep 4 onwards. It also shows that guilt and regret will come back to haunt us. 

58 minutes ago, Guest Yes, Guest said:

Dunno if anyone mentioned it, fascinating documentary,

"Circus of Books"

Must see!

Thanks !!!

Not sure how I miss it or why Netflix did not recommend that since I have a history of documentaries watching including the R21 type...On my watching list tomorrow. :P

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

The Devil all the Time... This is a bit of a slow burn movie but worth watching and see the upcoming Batman (Robert Pattinson) in a light you never imagine he would play. And Spiderman actor, Tom Holland was pretty riveting in his role.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

On 10/14/2020 at 4:57 PM, Void1376 said:

It's not a horror story, but a tragic drama with ghosts in it. The series starts with an American au-pair hired to take care of two children in an old English manor. It starts off a bit slow as we're forced to piece together the puzzle as it slowly reveals the layers behind the history of the estate. The story will start revealing itself from Ep 4 onwards. It also shows that guilt and regret will come back to haunt us. 

If you like this season, you must check out S1 - Hill House. 

This series their ghost stories are not scary for no reason, it has a lot of human stories weaved in with the ghosts, and many plot twists. Lastly, it also frames the ghost story as some quite sad, touching and tragic. 

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

22 hours ago, tomcat said:

This series their ghost stories are not scary for no reason, it has a lot of human stories weaved in with the ghosts, and many plot twists. Lastly, it also frames the ghost story as some quite sad, touching and tragic. 

Just finished the entire Hill House series. Very different from Bly Manor but well written and the acting is solid throughout.

It is so true that what truly haunts us are not real ghosts but manifestations from past experiences.

I'm now hooked onto SE03 of Star Trek Discovery but I can't binge on it. Sigh.

Edited by Void1376

Black Mirror (Each episode has their own story about how tech can take over your life)

Sense8 (about 8 people who are psychosomatically linked...insanely high budget production)

Travelers (about people from the future intercepting present-day deaths in an attempt to change the present to save the future)

Atypical (comedy about an autistic boy and his family)

The Good Place (about human morals and afterlife)

On 10/14/2020 at 4:57 PM, Void1376 said:

I love a well written drama, one that is engaging intellectually (I love cheese as well so I binged on "Emily in Paris"), featuring female protagonist, a bit of fantasy or science fiction, funny and witty scripts, and once I'm hooked, I have a bad habit of binge watching back to back episodes until i finish the entire season or series.

Watched Bly Manor...had high hopes for it for some reason but somehow it didn't really deliver for me. The entire supernatural concept feels so cliche and overused, it's like I've already seen this done so many times. Felt aggrieved for some of the characters, don't think that they deserved what their outcomes, most of whom are really not guilty of anything. 

Perhaps the only one consolation is how hot Lord Windgrave is, the younger brother that is. I was probably craning my neck for more screen time of his. 😜

1 hour ago, MikeC said:

For those into anime similar to Cautious Hero (otaku enter game world and forms a harem), can also try 

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World’s Strongest.

My own fav anime include

Fairy Tale, Black Clover,

Bunga Stray Dogs,

Food wars

Kuroko basketball, Ahiru no sora

Wonder if there is a thread on Jap anime 😬

Bungo Stray Dogs is not bad too!

Demon Slayer's sequel is out in Japan. Hope Netflix releases it 😬

A licensed gay realtor

17 hours ago, practease said:

Watched Bly Manor...had high hopes for it for some reason but somehow it didn't really deliver for me. The entire supernatural concept feels so cliche and overused, it's like I've already seen this done so many times. Felt aggrieved for some of the characters, don't think that they deserved what their outcomes, most of whom are really not guilty of anything. 

Perhaps the only one consolation is how hot Lord Windgrave is, the younger brother that is. I was probably craning my neck for more screen time of his. 😜

you felt aggrieved that Hannah died? Than this seris did its job. Like what the grown up Flora said...she felt its more of a love(tragic) story than a horror story. I felt the ending was beautiful.

I just started the 1st chapter of The Haunting series..Hill House..

On 10/15/2020 at 4:15 PM, Fiacla said:

The Social Dilemma

The Great Hack was more credible with it's intent. This one came off being more apologetic. But it's a good docu nevertheless.

Edited by upshot

Internationally acclaimed TV series Tofu Street is selected by netflix to be broadcast worldwide! This show Tofu Street stars the international acting sensation Jacelyn Tay and iconic actor Ix Shen. This is an event thats not to be missed!

When Tofu Street was 1st shown, there was a mad rush for tofu worldwide that casued a severe shortage of tofu. The actors were mobbed by fans from singapore to paris!

Revive the good old days with this classic iconic series on netflix now!

On 10/28/2020 at 2:12 PM, MikeC said:

For those into anime similar to Cautious Hero (otaku enter game world and forms a harem), can also try 

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World’s Strongest.

My own fav anime include

Fairy Tale, Black Clover,

Bunga Stray Dogs,

Food wars

Kuroko basketball, Ahiru no sora

Wonder if there is a thread on Jap anime 😬

Pleasee startt one, lol

any barbarians fans here?

On 10/31/2020 at 10:21 AM, Guest Guest said:

Internationally acclaimed TV series Tofu Street is selected by netflix to be broadcast worldwide! This show Tofu Street stars the international acting sensation Jacelyn Tay and iconic actor Ix Shen. This is an event thats not to be missed!

When Tofu Street was 1st shown, there was a mad rush for tofu worldwide that casued a severe shortage of tofu. The actors were mobbed by fans from singapore to paris!

Revive the good old days with this classic iconic series on netflix now!

Wow! "internationally acclaimed", "international action sensation", "iconic actor", "mobbed by fans", "iconic series" .... wu yeah bo? 😅😱

On 10/19/2020 at 1:18 AM, tomcat said:

hill house is so good. Not a fan of horror but binge watched both series amd cant wait for 3rd part of the trilogy.

Both series made you want to root for the actors as they are not your typical slash and bodycount horror. It shows the emotional side of each actor.

Episode 6 of hill house is a masterpiece, it has a 1 shot 16min scene that is excellent.

Bly house to me is a love story

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.