Male HQ

Netflix recommendations

• 2 weeks later...

International icon, award winning sensation, and highly respected series PHUA CHU KANG is now available to worldwide audience via NETFLIX. 

PHUA CHU KANG or affectionately known as PCK was a multi award winning international smash that changed Comedy worldwide forever. This internationally beloved TV series continue to attract new audience and generations worldwide.

its witty script and superbly acted series was held by the world wide iconic comedian, actor and Artist Girmit Singh. you can see the comedic landscape worldwide changed with PCK.

Do catch this Iconic landmark, multiple award TV series in Netflix now!

netflix landed a coup with PCK!

Queen's Gambit - a nice story of beating the odds, lead actress is so odd looking but talented.

The Crown S4 - first time watching, just to see the drama between Diana and royal family. 

Growing Up - Nostalgia. So funny, got so many gay actors pretending to be straight in this series.

The Nun - One-woman-show demoness trying to scare everyone. Not as scary as actual Conjuring series.

Santa Clarita Diet - Just watched cos bored, but this show actually quite insane. cool take on zombies.

To the Lake - Russian series, started out ok, but basically they are just running around the snow, trying to get to the lake.

Over the Moon - Not bad for a cheenia animation, and highlights Chang Er as selfish bitch. Nice.

Other non-netflix recommendations:

Greenland - Disaster show, quite scary but still fun. This movie not released due to pandemic, and its end of world subject.

New Mutants - Marvel's first foray into Horror. But a bit slow. Queen Gambit's star also plays here. Good actress.

The Witches - Fun ride, but not as good as the original. How is that possible? Real SFX makeup beats CGI.

The Undoing - Best reccomendation out of whole list. A good guessing game, and interesting to see Nicole Kidman try to act with her whole face frozen with botox.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

On 11/24/2020 at 12:48 PM, clrawk said:

Yessss.. Tineeee

oh yess tineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! ❤️

7 hours ago, begleitung said:

The mixedd guy is so hott

The sequel is cumming

the sequel is on youtube already right? "still 2gether"? 

but now ive moved to sotus. wah sotus is damn good imo. i finished watching it and im rewatching it again. 

19 hours ago, lonely57 said:

but now ive moved to sotus. wah sotus is damn good imo. i finished watching it and im rewatching it again. 

Not a fan of sotus  😕 try Tharntype!

the highly acclaimed international box office smash We Not Naughty by the iconic movie director Jack Neo is finally screening on Nerflix to an international audience.

Netflix netted a coup with this critic's darling and its seen as a win for netflix as it tries to win over the art house audience and tough critics who says Netflix is playing it safe.

We Not Naughty stars the legendary multi award winning actress Xiang Yun, the multi talented leading child prodigy Joshua Ang and thr world wide hyper talented Amos Yee.

This highly regarded but extremely entertaining arthouse film protrays 3 young men whonare society cast outs but are not bad guys deep down. It is a highly emotional phycological movie that tugs on your inner emotions. Only the international beloved director Jack Neo is able to deliver such devestatingly brilliant performance from his actors.

Do catch this international acclaimed box office smash We Not Naughty on netflix worldwide now.

14 hours ago, clrawk said:

haha thats a shame. i really liked sotus. i just wish i have a sweet relationship like them. plus the lead is such a cute baby ❤️ 

im like so addicted to bl now. i guess im that lonely. ill slowly clear the bl list haha. 

On 11/27/2020 at 10:55 PM, lonely57 said:

It is probably on YouTube. 

heard of sotus but it looks old?  There is pool boyy on YouTube. And the series, plus another film. 

the japanese ossamu something is funny. Also on Netflix. I am surprised that they made it mainstream. 

19 minutes ago, begleitung said:

It is probably on YouTube. 

heard of sotus but it looks old?  There is pool boyy on YouTube. And the series, plus another film. 

the japanese ossamu something is funny. Also on Netflix. I am surprised that they made it mainstream. 

sotus is from 2016 and its sequel is 2017/2018. quite old but its still nice.

8 hours ago, begleitung said:

Cool, did not know they had so many seasons. 

another thai show together with me is ok-ish. Y do they have so many together titles, lol. 

i think when watching these bl series should watch on youtube. theres a lot of comments there for u to see little details that u might have missed haha. 

most are just 2 seasons-ish. 

Netflix recently secured the rights from the Internationally acclaimed avan garde director Jack Neo's collection of films like The Best Best, Where Got Ghost, Ah Long Privatr Limited, I Not Stupid, I Not Stupid 2, We Not Naughty among the many acclaimed films to be shown to a worldwide audience.

Jack Neo is an international acclaimed and well regarded movie director whose movies reflects lives of the underdog and normal singaporeans living in this wealthy Asian city state. Jack Neo has the ability to bring out the best in actors and they had won countless awards and are international arthouse stars like Mark Lee who was recently nominated as best actor.

i highly recommend everyone to watch the highly entertaining, highly provocative and emotional reality international sensation Singapore Social. This international viewers favourite show is based in the affluent asian city of Singapore. It reflects the hopes, dreams and lives of Singaporeans be it in career, love life or marriage.

Singapore Social dives deep into the facade of the glitter of MBS which international viewers rarely see or noticed. 

What makes Singapore Social such a mega hit which everyone worldwide is talking about is the well loved lead characters which makes viewers root for them!

This well produced series is not only entertaining, it is thought provoking and smart. Well worth binge watching a well produced series!!

Guest Guest Team Good Boy
On 12/8/2020 at 2:06 AM, Gunther said:

Start-Up Korean Drama, Kim Seon Ho is so charming. watch him cry make me cry too.... owhhh

Yeah, he acted so well. 

On 11/28/2020 at 6:35 PM, clrawk said:

im watching Tharntype now and im at episode 11. just my opinion but i really find it very hard to continue watching after each episode. just for completeness sake ive been pushing through. i really hate type. how can you be so rough to your boyfriend. like how he keeps on pulling on tharn's collar. they easily get jealous of each other and i really cant stand type's arrogance and unwillingness to change (at this point at ep 11). theres just so much wrong in their relationship. 

i really dont feel anything watching these characters. but i guess the actors did a good job on portraying them. but the storyline is not my cup of tea. 

guess it shows that nothing good comes out of a relationship that started off with sex. just my thoughts. no offence to anyone who likes it. 

Guest Guess Fighting
1 hour ago, lonely57 said:

.... i really hate type. how can you be so rough to your boyfriend. like how he keeps on pulling on tharn's collar. they easily get jealous of each other and i really cant stand type's arrogance and unwillingness to change (at this point at ep 11). theres just so much wrong in their relationship....guess it shows that nothing good comes out of a relations just my thought...

This is just a drama based on a BL Novel. The stories in the novel are more rough and sexually charged. Nothing wrong about them, I will say they are young, energetic, boyish impulsive, rebellious... typical young boy dramatic characters. It is very normal for teenagers to fight. Nobody wants to watch a slow boring mature story. 

16 hours ago, Guest Guess Fighting said:

This is just a drama based on a BL Novel. The stories in the novel are more rough and sexually charged. Nothing wrong about them, I will say they are young, energetic, boyish impulsive, rebellious... typical young boy dramatic characters. It is very normal for teenagers to fight. Nobody wants to watch a slow boring mature story. 

i like slow mature stories. when it comes to BL. guess it stems from my desire to have a more mature relationship instead of a hot steamy one. of course. by mature i dont mean daddies that kind. lol. 

On 12/12/2020 at 3:28 PM, lonely57 said:

im watching Tharntype now and im at episode 11. just my opinion but i really find it very hard to continue watching after each episode. just for completeness sake ive been pushing through. i really hate type. how can you be so rough to your boyfriend. like how he keeps on pulling on tharn's collar. they easily get jealous of each other and i really cant stand type's arrogance and unwillingness to change (at this point at ep 11). theres just so much wrong in their relationship. 

i really dont feel anything watching these characters. but i guess the actors did a good job on portraying them. but the storyline is not my cup of tea. 

guess it shows that nothing good comes out of a relationship that started off with sex. just my thoughts. no offence to anyone who likes it. 

Awww. Thanks for giving it a try though! But yeah. The story isnt as light hearted 

Edited by clrawk

On 12/12/2020 at 3:28 PM, lonely57 said:

Thatntype os not on Netflix, rite?

is it under another name?

On 12/25/2020 at 5:03 PM, tomcat said:

Title: Your Name Engraved Herein

This show is good! Sappy but kept my attention throughout.

Something about Taiwan guys, just make them more handsome. Chinese + Aboriginal Malay = yumm!

Yes, the movie was good, but somehow it felt like some details were "somewhat missing"?

I wonder if this Netflix version was a "censored" one, as the end credits seemed to show more scenes that were not in the movie eh, haha. (for example, this scene ---> here)

曾敬骅's portrayal of the bad boy in school was pretty good, 让人又爱又讨厌的, haha. Looking at some of his earlier interviews, he doesn't seems to be the talkative type (but 陈昊森 is??). 

Nevertheless, if not for Netflix, we couldn't have watched it any earlier, so still ain't too bad to be able to catch this movie over Christmas period. The theme song is definitely going to be in my mind "for a very long time", haha.

Edited by sphere

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

7 hours ago, sphere said:

Yes, the movie was good, but somehow it felt like some details were "somewhat missing"?

I wonder if this Netflix version was a "censored" one, as the end credits seemed to show more scenes that were not in the movie eh, haha. (for example, this scene ---> here)

曾敬骅's portrayal of the bad boy in school was pretty good, 让人又爱又讨厌的, haha. Looking at some of his earlier interviews, he doesn't seems to be the talkative type (but 陈昊森 is??). 

Nevertheless, if not for Netflix, we couldn't have watched it any earlier, so still ain't too bad to be able to catch this movie over Christmas period. The theme song is definitely going to be in my mind "for a very long time", haha.

I heard there are 2 different versions in Taiwan, with minor differences. Most are usused footage used in the official MV. I don't think it is censored though as if it is, we won't have the shower scene. I think they have to cut a lot of the 1980s scenes to make room for the really random Canada scene cuz the film is funded by Canada government (said so in the credits). 

Personally I think the director should just release a Director's Cut with only the 1980s scene. They cut so much from there that now the final product is just scene after scene of people shouting and yelling.

https://merlinsfolio.wordpress.com/

https://medium.com/@merlincheng
"On the Internet, no one knows you are a cat."

@merlinkun, ah I see, there is a second version (or Director's Cut), then they should indeed release this version too, haha.

Well, apart from the scenes in the end credits, the flow of the story also seemed "incomplete", for instance, Birdy and girlfriend 's harsh punishment from school. Simply because they were in a relationship? Or they did something else? Though it may not be "so important", at least tell a bit more on this side-story would be good.

Anyway, it is good to get to watch this movie, with the theme song playing in my head "all the time", haha.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

22 hours ago, tomcat said:

Title: Your Name Engraved Herein

This show is good! Sappy but kept my attention throughout.

Something about Taiwan guys, just make them more handsome. Chinese + Aboriginal Malay = yumm!

AAAABUS9VZnXYWOuO_87fTErCY5HR4u-ltlWgJ98

The theme song is beautiful,

a deserving win at this year's Golden Horse Awards...

On 12/26/2020 at 1:15 AM, sphere said:

yes! same here, when i saw first time with my partner we both saw so many extra b roll during credits... 

i think the story is not as fleshed out as Dear Ex. both sort of deal with the consequence of pretending a straight married life hor. this one is a smaller focus, so between the two, i find Dear Ex more touching and meaningful. this won more eye candy only lor. 

11 hours ago, steppenwolf said:

The theme song is beautiful,

a deserving win at this year's Golden Horse Awards...

Just had a second screening with some friends. one of them shared that the directer Liu apparently picked a Singaporean & Malaysian to work on the themesong, as a sign/reminder that same sex union is still illegal in these two countries. 

A small political easter egg there. 

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

11 hours ago, tomcat said:

yes! same here, when i saw first time with my partner we both saw so many extra b roll during credits... 

i think the story is not as fleshed out as Dear Ex. both sort of deal with the consequence of pretending a straight married life hor. this one is a smaller focus, so between the two, i find Dear Ex more touching and meaningful. this won more eye candy only lor. 

Heard so much about the movie and was preparing tissue papers just in case... but didn't need it as it was not as emotional as I was expecting. The movie was good nonetheless, just that I was watching it with a "higher expectation", haha. One of the better ones without too sad an ending.   :) 

I have not watched "Dear Ex.", now seems like I should catch this too, haha.

On 12/26/2020 at 9:30 AM, sphere said:

@merlinkun, ah I see, there is a second version (or Director's Cut), then they should indeed release this version too, haha.

Well, apart from the scenes in the end credits, the flow of the story also seemed "incomplete", for instance, Birdy and girlfriend 's harsh punishment from school. Simply because they were in a relationship? Or they did something else? Though it may not be "so important", at least tell a bit more on this side-story would be good.

Anyway, it is good to get to watch this movie, with the theme song playing in my head "all the time", haha.

I heard that people are saying they purposely increased the punishment for the girl so that they can show TW in the past favoured Boys to Girls as both of them did the same offence but Birdy did not get the same punishment as the girl

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.