Male HQ

Netflix recommendations

On 12/28/2020 at 12:07 PM, sman.sg said:

saw alice in borderland last night at a friend's place. damn interesting show. recommend to those looking for something new to watch.

Just finished Sweet Home, and planning to watch AiB soon. Just couldn't watch at the same time, as the premise is quite similar!

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

On 12/29/2020 at 12:37 PM, tomcat said:

Just finished Sweet Home, and planning to watch AiB soon. Just couldn't watch at the same time, as the premise is quite similar!

Same here. Experienced fatigue after Sweet Home to continue with AiB. Wanting to start something more uplifting in an otherwise depressing year.

These kept and are keeping me company during the holidays:

1) Psycho Pass (anime with a similar concept to "Minority Report")

2) The Haunting of Bly Manor

3) American Vandal (infuses elements of 'whodunit' and 'mockumentary')

4) Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (final season)

5) The Crown (Season 4) - how could I forget? The only series where I turn on the subtitles 🤣

6) Sweet Home - anything with monsters or zombies fascinate me, especially Korean ones 

Edited by JYAG-sim

1 hour ago, JYAG-sim said:

These kept and are keeping me company during the holidays:

1) Psycho Pass (anime with a similar concept to "Minority Report")

2) The Haunting of Bly Manor

3) American Vandal (infuses elements of 'whodunit' and 'mockumentary')

4) Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (final season)

I'd recommend the Queen's Gambit and the call

On 12/26/2020 at 1:15 AM, sphere said:

Yes, the movie was good, but somehow it felt like some details were "somewhat missing"?

I wonder if this Netflix version was a "censored" one, as the end credits seemed to show more scenes that were not in the movie eh, haha. (for example, this scene ---> here)

曾敬骅's portrayal of the bad boy in school was pretty good, 让人又爱又讨厌的, haha. Looking at some of his earlier interviews, he doesn't seems to be the talkative type (but 陈昊森 is??). 

Nevertheless, if not for Netflix, we couldn't have watched it any earlier, so still ain't too bad to be able to catch this movie over Christmas period. The theme song is definitely going to be in my mind "for a very long time", haha.

What did i miss?  What is in the second / director‘s cut version, please?  Unfortunately the link no longer works. 

I started on bridgerton. I must admit seeing „coloured“ or even asian nobles take a little bit of getting used to. But i have just started and lots of hot bods, lol. 

they will have a new season of alice in borderland!  It is that good!

dear tenant is playing in the cinemas. It is supposed to be as good or if not better than your nane carved herein. 2 bad cinemas need all those troublesome measures. 

9 hours ago, begleitung said:

What did i miss?  What is in the second / director‘s cut version, please?  Unfortunately the link no longer works. 

Ah, I guess the video was removed due to copyright issues, anyway, I had posted another one here with a few more deleted scenes ---> here.

Not just you, anyone who had watched the movie would not have seen these scenes before eh.

Catch it fast before this one is also gone yeah.

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

11 minutes ago, JYAG-sim said:

Hmm really? The one which can't see but has acute hearing = A Quiet Place monster?

haha yes, and almost all of them harken back to various monsters from recent pop culture.

the slime monster is Flubber. there is also one monster like Slenderman.

and the big musc one is from popular game Left4Dead

450?cb=20140717174435

and the tongue one also from L4D

340?cb=20101024005703

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

On 1/7/2021 at 7:15 PM, tomcat said:

haha yes, and almost all of them harken back to various monsters from recent pop culture.

the slime monster is Flubber. there is also one monster like Slenderman.

and the big musc one is from popular game Left4Dead

450?cb=20140717174435

and the tongue one also from L4D

340?cb=20101024005703

The tongue one and the one "I can't see" are kinda scary... The pastor should've used his katana to decapitate the latter, but then again the head will be moving around on its own lol

Edited by JYAG-sim

1 minute ago, JYAG-sim said:

The tongue one and the one "I can't see" is kinda scary... The pastor should've used his katana to decapitate the latter, but then again the head will be moving around on its own lol

haha agree, the tongue one from out of nowhere can just grab and pull you! and the blind one is just rabid once it hears you! both are creepy..lol

true also, it seems in the show the only sure way to kill them is...fire? i am curious to read the webtoon comic now!

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

9 hours ago, leanmatt said:

Bridgeton.

I really wanted to like it but the female lead Daphne is so unsympathetic and a brat.

Loving Midnight Diner as well - the chef is SO hot!  

Edited by TopChinese

On 12/29/2020 at 10:48 PM, practease said:

Tiny Pretty Things.

Never thought I'd be one to appreciate ballet, but some of the choreography are really breathtaking!

Of course, plenty of drama...that helps too.

You forgot to mention the man-on-man sex between the dancers. WOW - made us all too horny last night watching it

1 hour ago, TopChinese said:

You forgot to mention the man-on-man sex between the dancers. WOW - made us all too horny last night watching it

Haha yeah and that too. Plenty of hot bodies...my favourite is the choreographer, Ramon Costa, but the character isn't gay...tragically. 

lovemedown.tumblr.com - Tumbex

Second would be...Nabil Limyadi (to the right)
Michael Hsu Rosen

A lot of twists and unexpected turns in the plot. Cannot wait for Season 2!

8 hours ago, practease said:

Haha yeah and that too. Plenty of hot bodies...my favourite is the choreographer, Ramon Costa, but the character isn't gay...tragically. 

The m2m sex scenes feel so fake and choreographed.

On 1/11/2021 at 12:06 PM, practease said:

lovemedown.tumblr.com - Tumbex

Michael Hsu Rosen

Which episode was this? Lol. 

2 minutes ago, begleitung said:

Think that is probably the episode worth watching tho someone said it looked fake?  Lol. 

There's quite a few sex scenes littered throughout the series but none too risqué if you know what I mean. 

But still a lot to gawk at...if you also know what I mean? LOL!

And...Brennan Clost (Pretty Little Things)
43df6688c695804b4deb8afcc15ccca8.jpg

Kiernan Shipka (Chilling Adventures of Sabrina)

RROSALES_NETFLIX_SABRINA_KIERNAN_SPI_022

How are they not siblings?!?

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

On 1/12/2021 at 3:57 PM, begleitung said:

French drama call my agent is good as well. 

And don’t forget Hook Up Plan, Family Business and lupin. Several French movies are good too!

just finished The Society! teen drama with sci-fi elements and also a scary look at how Life imitates Art.

also got a heartwarming story arc about two closet guys who found each other

one is a football jock, and the other is a deaf guy, who is a surrogate father for his best friend.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Void1376 said:

Bonding season 2 is out. Will start watching it soon. Season 1 was good. Entertaining, some parts cringy and awkward, a funny series about a female uni student who works as a dominatrix and hires her gay bff as her assistant.

Sadly it ends real quick. The episodes are so short, less than 30 minutes. Binge watching it leaves me starving for more...

18 hours ago, Void1376 said:

Bonding season 2 is out. Will start watching it soon. Season 1 was good. Entertaining, some parts cringy and awkward, a funny series about a female uni student who works as a dominatrix and hires her gay bff as her assistant.

It was entertaining. I thought it's going to be a one season thing and that's it. Surprised that they made a second season.

Just finished Fate Winx Saga and Jurassic Park Camp Cretaceous season 2. Now watching the final season of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

• 2 weeks later...

Finished watching Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel.

It started off well with Ep1, then it became draggy from there on. There were too much conspiracy craps by the web sleuths, which did not add any values to the investigation. The stories were everywhere. One moment it was about homeless in Skid Row, then it went on talking about death metal.

Skip Ep2 & 3, it is waste of time. Watch Ep1 to have a glimpse of what happened, Ep4 how it happened.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.