Male HQ

Netflix recommendations

New to Netflix. Is it common for English drama series to contain PLU content? Recently just finished Fate, Winx Saga. There was this guy who seemed to be “curious” about another guy in the magic school. 

Currently watching Shadow Hunters, where one of the male Shadow Hunters actually fell in love with a male warlock. I almost wanted to recommend this show to my straight friends until I watched the kissing scenes 😅

I really like both series though and that convinced me to continue with the subscription. 

Edited by Coolbriz

Be cool, like a breeze...

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, begleitung said:

No, not yet. It looks promising though. 

this mank film got a lot of oscar nominations. I was like, is it that good?

It sure is!
Rosamund Pike the leading lady in this movie won the Golden Globe for best actress in a comedy or musical film.

7 hours ago, begleitung said:

Will do!!

anyone here watches korean dramas?

Vincenzo on Netflix is good.

https://www.netflix.com/sg/title/81365087

Otherwise, what everyone is watching now is Penthouse:

https://www.viu.com/ott/sg/en-us/vod/305323/The-Penthouse

I believe Penthouse is one of the few(if not, only k drama with 3 seasons).

8 hours ago, begleitung said:

You mean those korean dramas hardly go beyond 3 seasons?

thank you for the vincenzo info 

yup. most Korean dramas are between 16 - 20ish episodes and they hardly have multiple seasons with a continuous story line.

Penthouse and Kingdom (Netflix zombie drama) are the only ones that come to my mind.

6 hours ago, Jonathandliai said:

LOL. you mean "I care a lot" movie by Rosamund Pike? Yea, pretty good. She had the world in the palm of her end but end up like that. Karma ba.

Opps, yes, that was the film i was referring to; i thought she played the role very well though some parts were a bit draggy and unrealistic. 

5 hours ago, MNH said:

Any good recommendations? I don't see colour but shows whose main actors/actress who are African American are usually funny!

The Trial of the Chicago 7 is very good.

Mank is good too but only if you fancy B&W and an indulgent prodding pace.

On 4/7/2021 at 12:23 PM, steppenwolf said:

I love love love Young Sheldon (& his Meemaw too)!

Lol, he is funny and sarcastic. 

i highly recommend The Serpent. Started watching it not expecting much, but it glt better and better. It’s about a gem scammer who did more than scammoto get his ways. The best part is, it’s a true story. 

On 3/16/2021 at 1:46 PM, begleitung said:

No, not yet. It looks promising though. 

this mank film got a lot of oscar nominations. I was like, is it that good?

The movie seemed generally ok. But i felt they botched up the ending. Was quite disappointed. 

On 2/23/2021 at 12:18 AM, Coolbriz said:

New to Netflix. Is it common for English drama series to contain PLU content? Recently just finished Fate, Winx Saga. There was this guy who seemed to be “curious” about another guy in the magic school. 

Currently watching Shadow Hunters, where one of the male Shadow Hunters actually fell in love with a male warlock. I almost wanted to recommend this show to my straight friends until I watched the kissing scenes 😅

I really like both series though and that convinced me to continue with the subscription. 

Try 

handsome devil

Alex strangelove

beach rats

king cobra

all on Netflix 

14 hours ago, begleitung said:

Try 

handsome devil

Alex strangelove

beach rats

king cobra

all on Netflix 

Okie noted. Will keep a look out for them, thanks! I know it sounded crazy but I’m watching “Shadow Hunters” second time! I don’t think anyone would do that 😅

Edited by Coolbriz

Well, it’s probably just me. It appeals very much to me since I’m into vampires, werewolves, fairies fantasies and the setting is a little like Buffy the vampire slayer. The use of Runes is also one of the highlights for those are into the magic mythology.

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.