Male HQ

Bangkok ( Thailand ) Covid-19 Discussion

gpfun

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like things are about to get worse in Thailand.

An idiot Thai man who visited Japan, lied and didn't tell  Thai authorities exactly where he's been..

The idiot's 8 year old grand son has caught the virus too, now.

God only knows just how many of his school friends has it.

They've had to close the bank where his son works.... so they can clean it, just in case he has it too.

This is the link below

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30382876

Now, medical staff have been sent home and have to stay home for 2 weeks because of this stupid 65 yo Thai grand dad.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/30-medics-quarantined-after-infected-patient-lied-after-visiting-high-risk-country/

Don't 'Thai" to me!

Phraharuthai Donmuang School with 2,500 students in Don Muang district has been closed for 14 days after a pupil found to be among the three new Covid-19 cases attended classes there since Monday.
The school management announced the temporary closure on Wednesday following the report that the grandparents of the pupil were infected with Covid-19 after returning from their five-day group tour trip from Hokkaido last Thursday. Their eight-year-old grandchild who lived in the same house contracted the disease.
The grandparents took the boy to school on Monday before the elderly relatives tested positive later on the same day.

56 minutes ago, thickhead79 said:

Thailand has confirmed three more novel coronavirus cases, taking the country’s total to 40, and authorities say the country will step up efforts to contain the disease.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1866094/thailand-has-3-new-coronavirus-cases-total-now-40#cxrecs_s

Have an upcoming trip this weekend. Was keen to go ahead until I saw this news. Now at crossroads again.... Sigh.

9 hours ago, gpfun said:

Have an upcoming trip this weekend. Was keen to go ahead until I saw this news. Now at crossroads again.... Sigh.

We have 93 and SG is much smaller so I guess it should be ok. For me, I am more concerned if Thailand would impose any restrictions on us arriving from SG later on.

11 hours ago, midkemia said:

Thank you very much for sharing this. Did you manage to buy masks in BKK as you had to wear them daily when there?

Mask was sold out in BKK (at least for most of the shops that I happened to walk past).

The mask I worn was brought over from BKK. I only wear in crowded areas. Most of the other places, I don't really wear.
I was in DJ station for a brief moment and observed that hardly any guys were wearing masks there.

On 2/26/2020 at 5:10 PM, passinthenight said:

It looks like things are about to get worse in Thailand.

An idiot Thai man who visited Japan, lied and didn't tell  Thai authorities exactly where he's been..

The idiot's 8 year old grand son has caught the virus too, now.

God only knows just how many of his school friends has it.

They've had to close the bank where his son works.... so they can clean it, just in case he has it too.

This is the link below

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30382876

I seriously DO NOT understand why the need to lie... it will not get you death sentence or whatever so... 

On 2/19/2020 at 9:21 AM, Sudu said:

The news ive read is increased screening to those who comes from Japan and singapore. As for quarantine, if u shows symptom at screening, sure kena la

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul briefly showed the announcement signed by him on his Facebook page on Thursday afternoon with a message that all visitors from these countries will be required to quarantine themselves for 14 days with no exceptions. However, the post was deleted minutes later without explanations.

Breaking! Thailand Health Authorities Raid Factory Recycling Used Face Masks

Source : Thailand Coronavirus News  Mar 03, 2020  5 hours ago

Thailand Coronavirus Updates: Thai health authorities have announced that they had raided an illegal factor in the province of Saraburi that was recycling used face masks to be sold at exorbitant prices back in the various stores in Thailand.

Acting on a tip off, that the facility illegally recycled used face masks,
police and health authorities raided the factory at Nongsuong district in Saraburi where tens of thousands of used mask were found.

1 hour ago, thickhead79 said:

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul briefly showed the announcement signed by him on his Facebook page on Thursday afternoon with a message that all visitors from these countries will be required to quarantine themselves for 14 days with no exceptions. However, the post was deleted minutes later without explanations.

do update us if you know any latest news ? thx

BANGKOK - Healthy travellers arriving in Thailand from Singapore need not self-quarantine,  the Thai embassy in Singapore on Wednesday (March 4) has clarified, after health authorities in Bangkok had issued a self-quarantine advisory on people from countries deemed high risk for coronavirus infection. 

A health official in Bangkok had said on Wednesday that those who arrive from coronavirus-hit places, including Singapore, are advised to self-quarantine for two weeks upon arrival in the country. 

Later, Thai authorities clarified that the self-quarantine advisory is not mandatory .

4 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Thought thailand got 8 million people and only one die of virus .so thailand is under control.

23 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

So can i start to book my flight for songkhan.Is bkk still safe from virus.

That is if we believe the official data and I don't think they actively conduct testing like Indonesia, 260 million only 2 cases but so many tourists returned and tested positive.

Also not sure if they have stop tourists from South Korea,  Japan,  Italy and Iran like what SG did. Ironic thing is that as our cases keep increasing,  thiland and other countries may start to impose more stringent measures against SG travellers. 

So I would say bangkok can wait, songkran can wait but virus won't wait. 

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1872354/thailand-announces-compulsory-quarantine-for-arrivals-from-6-places

The quarantine announcement, published in the Royal Gazette on Thursday, classified South Korea, China, Macao, Hong Kong, Italy and Iran as "dangerous communicable disease areas".

The order will be effective from Friday.

Guest Corona-traveller

I know everyone is worried about covid19, but sometimes the news can overblow and overmagnify bad situations when it’s not really the case on the ground. 

I am still on my trip in Thailand — started in Chiang Mai, took the train and now I am in Bangkok. Everywhere I went, tourists were aplenty. In CM, very few people were wearing masks, and here in Bangkok, it’s slightly more but still fewer than those in Singapore. The atmosphere is generally relaxed and everything is still business as usual. 

Regarding the “14 day quarantine”, there has been conflicting messages — ST’s latest article does not include Singapore in the list of “high risk countries”.

Nevertheless, Bangkok still feels very tourist friendly. In fact, there are posters proclaiming their support for China all over the streets of Bangkok and CM. At no point did I feel like I was unwelcomed. Don’t forget that Thailand relies a lot on tourism receipts too.

My take is — flights and hotels are super cheap now, so if you’re willing to take that slight risk, travel to Thailand while you can. This “14-day quarantine” is sure to reduce tourists numbers even further so it may be even lower risks in general. 

As a sidenote, I just had the most amazing male masseur around Suan Phlu. DM me if you want to know more

13 minutes ago, Guest Corona-traveller said:

I know everyone is worried about covid19, but sometimes the news can overblow and overmagnify bad situations when it’s not really the case on the ground. 

I am still on my trip in Thailand — started in Chiang Mai, took the train and now I am in Bangkok. Everywhere I went, tourists were aplenty. In CM, very few people were wearing masks, and here in Bangkok, it’s slightly more but still fewer than those in Singapore. The atmosphere is generally relaxed and everything is still business as usual. 

Regarding the “14 day quarantine”, there has been conflicting messages — ST’s latest article does not include Singapore in the list of “high risk countries”.

Nevertheless, Bangkok still feels very tourist friendly. In fact, there are posters proclaiming their support for China all over the streets of Bangkok and CM. At no point did I feel like I was unwelcomed. Don’t forget that Thailand relies a lot on tourism receipts too.

My take is — flights and hotels are super cheap now, so if you’re willing to take that slight risk, travel to Thailand while you can. This “14-day quarantine” is sure to reduce tourists numbers even further so it may be even lower risks in general. 

As a sidenote, I just had the most amazing male masseur around Suan Phlu. DM me if you want to know more

ok tell me suan phlu where 

inside alley?>

2 hours ago, Guest Corona-traveller said:

The atmosphere is generally relaxed and everything is still business as usual. 

Thanks for some words of reason It seems everyone is worried about the virus, except me. I couldn't care less (if I catch it I get a cold, so what?) and don't really understand the fuss. It's BY NO MEANS a "killer virus" as some tabloids in the UK have labelled it. Ebola is a killer virus, this one is just a flu virus that's a bit worse than normal flu, but not THAT much. As you point out, things are blown out of proportion. 

Anyway, back to topic BKK: I live here and yes, daily life is mostly business as usual. Tourist areas of Silom and Surawong obviously do seem a but empty, but that's what we expect. Otherwise, one can still go to the malls to shop and to restaurants and street food stalls to eat as nomrla. NOTHING has changed in that regard. 

The whole "risk country" designation is a bit stupid IMO, because countries having cases designating other countries as "risk countries" consequently would have to label THEMSELVES a risk country and (if quarantine were imposed on arrivals from another "risk country") would need to impose a quarantine on their ENTIRE population. Absurd. 

Lastly, how is anyone supposed to be able to DM you when you post as guest???

Guest Guest

Dont  waste time at the singapore chatuchak. Is so small.only 2 small shop selling t shirt.The rest are food nothing  great.6 dollar for pak thai.Waste of time travel all the way just for thai milk tea .sticky rice mango and pak thai noodle.All this u can get at any thai restaurant in sg.

As of now, SG-ans have no issue visiting Thailand:

https://www.tatnews.org/2020/03/tat-statement-thailand-elevates-covid-19-control-measures-to-prevent-transmission-through-travellers-arriving-from-disease-infected-zones/

As for GCircuit 2020, it's been postponed to 2021:

https://www.gcircuit.com

"1. Get a refund.
We offer you a refund of the tickets you purchased. Do note that there will be admin, processing or transfer fees incurred. If you wish to get a refund, please email your request to ops@gcircuit.com. You should receive your refund within 45-90 days after you have received a confirmation email from us. 

2. Keep your tickets for SK2021.
Of course, this is not the end of the world. We will keep our heads high and we’ll rise again next year. Your SK2020 ticket will still be valid for SK2021 should you choose to. And to show our appreciation for your support, we will offer a drink coupon worth 500 THB for each ticket kept for next year (Not applicable for people who purchase pool party tickets only). We will send out a newsletter to everyone who purchased tickets for SK2020, and you just need to select the option to keep your tickets for next year."

Note: When I emailed GCircuit for the refund, they wrote back asking for 1) The confirmation email / invoice and 2) a copy of your passport for verification so if you want the refund, might be better if you just email ops@gcircuit.com with the relevant documents.

On 3/3/2020 at 5:39 PM, Sudu said:

Yes for bars, there are variety of bars around 3 gay area. There are also few clubs there as well, but a bit further away from gay area and mostly cater to local. One sauna in between boyztown and jomtien that is popular with both local and foreigner. Generally cheaper as well. Lots of gay friendly hotels too located very close or within the gay area

Thank you. Yeah i’ve been researching pattaya and phuket but still bangkok seems to be more open and have more for gay travelers. Also cos they have gay-only hotels which makes it a draw.

8 hours ago, subbtm said:

Thank you. Yeah i’ve been researching pattaya and phuket but still bangkok seems to be more open and have more for gay travelers. Also cos they have gay-only hotels which makes it a draw.

gay-only hotels in BKK? Like which one(s)? Never heard of that.... I don't still such exist here

17 minutes ago, bkkuser said:

gay-only hotels in BKK? Like which one(s)? Never heard of that.... I don't still such exist here

Bbb-inn was the one i know, and it no longer existed.  Another that may qualify are the two hotel/hostel attached to the gay sauna babylon and vck

Edited by Sudu

2 hours ago, Sudu said:

Bbb-inn was the one i know, and it no longer existed.  Another that may qualify are the two hotel/hostel attached to the gay sauna babylon and vck

duh, how could I forget those lol.... Was thinking of "real" hotels, but of course those places do qualify! 

pls always read in details, while no self quartine needed for Spore travellors to Thailand
who are adamant about going for the water festival?
https://www.8world.com/news/singapore/article/travellers-to-thailand-from-singapore-required-to-be-quarantined-for-14-days-1061376?fbclid=IwAR3XTjrPVDgJe7Uhmi3yOXfUrLC_8S981RBsXQ4vWLzV6KlBhsRwv5xrWWE
JUST NEED a mask only if in their country

Thailand advises against travel to Singapore, adding to Republic's tourism worries

BANGKOK - Thailand's Health Ministry on Sunday (March 8) included Singapore among the countries and territories that it advises as unsafe for travel due to the coronavirus outbreak, spelling another blow to the island-state's tourism sector.

At a daily press conference, a Health Ministry spokesman advised Thai citizens against travelling to Singapore, Japan, France and Germany.

It had declared China, Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea, Italy and Iran as "dangerous communicable disease areas" last Thursday.

http://thanksamillion.sg/tat-update-notification-of-the-civil-aviation-authority-of-thailand-on-covid-19-control-measures

Bangkok, 09 March, 2020 – The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) would like to inform tourists, international and local, of the measures issued by the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) on “Practical Guidelines for the Air Operators Relating to the Services to be Provided in the Territories outside Thailand Defined as Disease Infected Zones of the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak.”

On 5 March, 2020, the Royal Thai Government Gazette announced the territories outside the Kingdom of Thailand: South Korea, Italy, Iran and China (including Hong Kong and Macau) as Disease Infected Zones for COVID-19. This announcement can be changed depending on the current situation.

The CAAT has issued the following guidelines for all air operators in order to provide practical guidance for the air operators performing flights between those Disease Infected Zones and to support the surveillance measures taken by the Ministry of Public Health.

1. Where the Ministry of Public Health defines any territory outside Thailand as a Disease Infected Zone of the COVID-19, passengers from such Disease Infected Zone shall be subject to quarantine and any other measures for the prevention and control of communicable diseases as imposed by the Government of Thailand.

2. Air operators providing services from the airport of embarkation in the Disease Infected Zones are required to perform the screening of the passengers at the time of check in. The passengers need to present a Health Certificate certifying that they have no risk of COVID-19. If any passenger is unable to present such certificate, boarding shall be denied and the boarding pass shall not be issued.

3. Air operators may apply the measure as specified in Item 2 for the screening of passengers from the airport of departure in the countries affected by COVID-19 from the report of the Ministry of Public Health or World Health Organisation. 

4. After being satisfied with the Health Certificate and the boarding passes are issued to the passengers, the air operators shall furnish the passengers with Form T8 issued under Thailand’s Communicable Diseases Act 2015 and require the passengers to fill out the forms and submit them to the Communicable Disease Control officials at the control post at the airport of disembarkation.

5. The Communicable Disease Control officials at the control post at the airport of disembarkation have the power to issue an order under Thailand’s Communicable Diseases Act 2015 as follows:

(1) Prevent anyone from entering into or leaving from the aircraft coming into Thailand without undergoing a medical examination. 

(2) Prevent any vehicle from approaching the aircraft.

(3) Take or make an order to the air operators to take the following action:

(a) Disinfect the disease in order to prevent and control the spread of the disease.

(b) Detain the aircraft at a specified place until the Communicable Disease Control officials at the control post permit to depart.

(c) Require the persons on board the aircraft to undergo a medical examination and may also isolate, quarantine, confine them for observation, or order to receive immunisation at a place and period to be specified.

6. Air operators shall be responsible for the expenses incurred relating to the isolation, quarantine, confinement for observation, and immunisation of the persons on board, including the expenses for the care, hospitalisation and prevention and control of international communicable diseases.

7. Air operators will strictly comply with the measures for the surveillance, prevention and control of dangerous communicable diseases issued by the Ministry of Public Health under Thailand’s Communicable Diseases Act 2015.

8. Air operators shall notify their staff at the airport of embarkation and the crew members of the above guidelines and have them comply with full cooperation. The cabin crew shall also make an on board public announcement to the passengers.

Edited by gpfun

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.