Male HQ

Scam Alerts : Grindr + Love + Massage + Job + Online + Loan + Gov Call Scam (compiled)

Guest Tom

If u receive these hp calls or similar strange  numbers from overseas persistently, don't answer. Most likely scam. Nuisance ! 

or similar numbers beginning with the above starting numbers. 

Guest ginormous

best is to ignore and press the red don't answer and reject call button.

these scammers are 吃饱没事做,lan lan call any number to fish for stupid and dumb vulnerable people to talk and relievevthem of their money.

end motivation is always your money and they prey on your greed , fear . kiasu or kiasee mentality.

just ignore and swipe red button.

Guest Tikum Tikum

Usually I don't answer those "LONG" numbers, unless you suspect you have long forgotten relatives, in certain villages of the undeveloped countries, who suddently remember you and wanted to connect.

15 hours ago, Guest Tom said:

If u receive these hp calls or similar strange  numbers from overseas persistently, don't answer. Most likely scam. Nuisance ! 

or similar numbers beginning with the above starting numbers. 

Who are you to tell me what to do!! If I want to answer such calls it is my right! 

I am deeply offended by your callous regards to my human rights!

Guest Ginormous
1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Who are you to tell me what to do!! If I want to answer such calls it is my right! 

Good, good go ahead.

Remember , now its the CHinese 7th Ghost month hor, go ahead and answer allthese mysterious calls.

Hope you bump into a eerie sounding phone call.

Then dont come to Bw and start a " I received a long number call, and I answered it , and then later I wished I never ansered the call " , thread.

Waste everybodies time only.

Guest GUEST U R an IDIOT
6 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

People who are so kind-hearted to give us advise not to fall into scam calls.

And why are u feeling so offended by people's good advise.

You are just another dumb idiot like those victims who fell into such scams.

Sincerely hope that you will get such calls soonest, be a gentleman to pick up these calls and then be the world's most stupidest dumbest idiot to be preyed by those scammers....

Somewhere along the line of scam calls, I have ever received call in my office (I don't recall giving my office numbers to anyone), which apparently is a spam one, cos it started with, 你好,这里是邮政局。你有一个文件。。。 (Literally translate - Hello, this is from Post Office, you have a document...) It was literally in Mandarin, thus I hung up immediately. 

Edited by sum1outhere_03

Will you be my valentine's? :D

13 hours ago, Guest GUEST U R an IDIOT said:

People who are so kind-hearted to give us advise not to fall into scam calls.

And why are u feeling so offended by people's good advise.

You are just another dumb idiot like those victims who fell into such scams.

Sincerely hope that you will get such calls soonest, be a gentleman to pick up these calls and then be the world's most stupidest dumbest idiot to be preyed by those scammers....

Advise you to eat shit. You go eat lor.

• 8 months later...
Guest guest

Male suspect arrested for cheating another man of S$70,000 in online love scam

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/male-suspect-arrested-cheating-another-man-70000-love-scam-11569722

SINGAPORE: A 32-year-old man has been arrested for allegedly cheating another man of more than S$70,000 in an Internet love scam, said the police on Monday (May 27).

The victim, a 38-year-old man, had lodged a report at about 10am on Sunday that he had been cheated by two men, the police said. 

The victim claimed he had befriended both men on a dating website. He said he was introduced to the second man by the first man, the news release said.

According to the victim, he had transferred money to both men after they requested for assistance with various items, including school fees and living expenses. 

The men subsequently became contactable. 

After follow-up investigations, officers from Woodlands Police Division found out that a 32-year-old man was believed to have used different monikers on the dating site to cheat the victim. 

The suspect was arrested on the same day and will be charged on Monday. 

If found guilty, he can be jailed up to 10 years and fined. 

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/male-suspect-arrested-cheating-another-man-70000-love-scam-11569722

Guest guest
3 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

This is a good example of the convenience of having the guts to report fraud, being victimized,

overcoming the shame of having been a fool,

even in gay-unfriendly Singapore.

For your information , our police have reiterated to always report,  blackmail, love scams inclusive of money, and harrassment for gay people got nothing to fear, 

They do not prosecute adult gay relationships that are consensual.

Only get involve of policemen when crime is committed not morality indiscretions.

GET it.?

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Guest DHL said:

Does anyone here receiving calls from DHL lalely with Chinese language. It is automated but very frequent. What could be those calls?

Scam calls lah, fishing for your info.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi lovelies,

recently I realised that I was about to become a victim of a loan scam. I had applied for a loan from a licensed moneylender AX credit. Fortunately I did not lose any money as I uncovered it the next day. I have already made a police report. What triggered me was when they said I had to repay 210 every week for trial loan. Wtf? The thing is how do I stop this guys from harassing me if they were to?

appreciate honest advices please🙏🏽

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Azmani said:

Just don’t reply . Block their numbers . Since you already report police . If they happen to know your address and start to harass you , inform police and make police report again . Never give Money or give them your account number . Stay low and . Don’t ever reply to their messages . Never 

He is right.. I was a victim before... Lost some money despite I really need the cash... And somemore threatened to burn my house.. in the end nth happened

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Recently chatted with 2 different person on Jack'd on separate occasion who asked to continue our chat on LINE app. Both claimed to be property developer and was working in SG but had to fly to oversea (NY and Dubai respectively) for their projects. They gradually started calling me dear and darling with "I miss you" etc and both said they have bought something special for me and wanted to send to me as a surprise. They asked for my mailing address and phone number which I find it really strange as both have similar story line. I told them that I'm not comfortable to release my details at that point. One of them quit our conversation rudely and the other stop responding. I have no idea what this whole things is about but thought someone out there might have similar encounter to share their story?

1 hour ago, Jonathandliai said:

Got it once and quickly realised it was a scam. happily provided a local SG police station address. after he 'sent' it, I told him to inform the delivery guy to pass it to reception of police station. The profile promptly got deleted. LOL

LOL... Seriously, I’ve no idea what this scam is about. 

anyone has encountered any PRC who claims to be on biz either here or in JB.   was talking about his business and than, slowly introduced that he made a lot of money through trading/stock or something like that?    And also showed how much he earns.......? and slowly encouraged u to join him....

11 hours ago, leooo said:

Oo this is interesting! Why will they want your address?

So that they will deliver a parcel to you claiming its a surprise gift or a new friendship gift.

then he will say he just delivered it out and one or two days later, he said the parcel will reach Singapore in few days' time but needs around S$2k to clear the custom. Not only that, he said he has already put around USD $1.5k inside parcel and asked you to keep the balance if you exchanged back to SGD.

immediately, you know its a SCAM.

On 4/20/2020 at 2:42 AM, Kev Ng said:

anyone has encountered any PRC who claims to be on biz either here or in JB.   was talking about his business and than, slowly introduced that he made a lot of money through trading/stock or something like that?    And also showed how much he earns.......? and slowly encouraged u to join him....

Yes I got it too exactly what u mention. But before he can even ask me to join the story ended as when he showed me how much he has earn from his so call business, I ask why are you showing to me? He must be hoping I would ask wow how did u do it? He replied 'nothing', and that marks the end of our chat.

Edited by Leanmeat

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/17/2020 at 1:07 PM, PG40 said:

What's the deal with the influx of messages from those from Indonesia/ Taiwanese 'based' in Singapore? Scammers/ Catfishers? 

Watch out for these scammers. Plenty of them in all dating platforms. Don't be surprised that they are also targeting the straight community. Go to scam.sg and you will see how they act. Instead of using "pretty girls", they used "handsome hunks." for gay app. 

I saw in another post that one of a members here actually got almost got scammed. I just got it just before circuit breaker. A "handsome" Taiwanese masseur pm-ed me for $100 massage service. He is just unfortunate that I'm preparing for Circuit Breaker and I have the whole world of time to troll him. I thought it was a good deal (handsome hunk model type) until, I tried to google scam in Singapore and found out scam.sg. before meeting him. I thought to myself, if he is real, I will drive to the said location immediately. If he is a scammer, he deserve to be trolled by me.

So I told the "handsome hunk" that I've "reached" the said location. He told me to take picture of my surrounding and asked for my contact so that his "friends" will call me to ensure that I am not an undercover police etc and that I will not run away after the massage. I sent him a photo of googlestreet :D Well, I gave my contact number and soon someone called me up. Instructed me to pay for the service first using Alipay since I am a first timer and bla bla bla ( exactly like what Scam.sg mentioned). My cheeky mood came in and I told him sorry, my mandarin is not good and I don't know how to use AXS machine as well(i can hear his frustration coming in already.) , may I know is there another method to deal? These scammers know their geography damn well. He told me that there is a 7-11 nearby to buy Itunes card $100 equivalent. I told him to wait and i went to the toilet pee and wash my face and came back and told the scammer the cards are all sold out. He asked for googleplaycard. I then told him, I'm completely turned off by all these hassle. I dont want the massage anymore. That scammers then started raging and cursing and threatening me and it worsen when I told him to go ahead and come and kill me, slaughter me, find my family etc. He realized that all his threats are not working on me and he decided to just ignore me and hang the phone when I asked him what other threats does he have for me. After the "handsome hunk" friend hanged, the "handsome hunk" called me using LINE to tell me to please help him, his friend is angry and gonna beat him and me up and worse case, come and kill me and my family and I am 100% they are the same guy. I exposed him on the spot and he kept saying he is not his friend. You know super obvious he tried to pinch his nose and talk at the same time type of voice? 

Many scams these days including those PRC, Hongkong Taiwanese guys claims to love you a lot, cant wait for Covid to end to meet you, wants to top you if you are bottom and wants to be your bottom if you are top, wants to help you earn $10000usd a day so that you can be free from financial burden in the future and lead a fairy tale life with them. They will sweet talk with you and suddenly ask you if you want to earn extra cash for a better future, wants to join his ventures, and the list goes on. Guys, we all receive at least 10 years of education in Singapore, DONT let these trash troll and scam us. USE your brain!!!!! 

• 2 months later...
Guest Another Stupiak (myself)
On 5/27/2020 at 8:31 PM, Eastie_boy25 said:

Watch out for these scammers. Plenty of them in all dating platforms. Don't be surprised that they are also targeting the straight community. Go to scam.sg and you will see how they act. Instead of using "pretty girls", they used "handsome hunks." for gay app. 

I saw in another post that one of a members here actually got almost got scammed. I just got it just before circuit breaker. A "handsome" Taiwanese masseur pm-ed me for $100 massage service. He is just unfortunate that I'm preparing for Circuit Breaker and I have the whole world of time to troll him. I thought it was a good deal (handsome hunk model type) until, I tried to google scam in Singapore and found out scam.sg. before meeting him. I thought to myself, if he is real, I will drive to the said location immediately. If he is a scammer, he deserve to be trolled by me.

So I told the "handsome hunk" that I've "reached" the said location. He told me to take picture of my surrounding and asked for my contact so that his "friends" will call me to ensure that I am not an undercover police etc and that I will not run away after the massage. I sent him a photo of googlestreet :D Well, I gave my contact number and soon someone called me up. Instructed me to pay for the service first using Alipay since I am a first timer and bla bla bla ( exactly like what Scam.sg mentioned). My cheeky mood came in and I told him sorry, my mandarin is not good and I don't know how to use AXS machine as well(i can hear his frustration coming in already.) , may I know is there another method to deal? These scammers know their geography damn well. He told me that there is a 7-11 nearby to buy Itunes card $100 equivalent. I told him to wait and i went to the toilet pee and wash my face and came back and told the scammer the cards are all sold out. He asked for googleplaycard. I then told him, I'm completely turned off by all these hassle. I dont want the massage anymore. That scammers then started raging and cursing and threatening me and it worsen when I told him to go ahead and come and kill me, slaughter me, find my family etc. He realized that all his threats are not working on me and he decided to just ignore me and hang the phone when I asked him what other threats does he have for me. After the "handsome hunk" friend hanged, the "handsome hunk" called me using LINE to tell me to please help him, his friend is angry and gonna beat him and me up and worse case, come and kill me and my family and I am 100% they are the same guy. I exposed him on the spot and he kept saying he is not his friend. You know super obvious he tried to pinch his nose and talk at the same time type of voice? 

Many scams these days including those PRC, Hongkong Taiwanese guys claims to love you a lot, cant wait for Covid to end to meet you, wants to top you if you are bottom and wants to be your bottom if you are top, wants to help you earn $10000usd a day so that you can be free from financial burden in the future and lead a fairy tale life with them. They will sweet talk with you and suddenly ask you if you want to earn extra cash for a better future, wants to join his ventures, and the list goes on. Guys, we all receive at least 10 years of education in Singapore, DONT let these trash troll and scam us. USE your brain!!!!! 

Omg! I wish I read this earlier. I just being scammed. I made a police report about this. I am so stupid.. why i fall into this trap :(

Guest Blurred Eastie

I might be called stupid by members here, and I agree. I am stupid. Today afternoon I was on the app and saw this very cute guy claiming himself as Masseur offering massage service $100 for 2 hours and $300 for overnight. I agreed with him with the $100 massage service, he then asked me to go to People's Park Centre. Upon arrival, he ask me to take picture of the surrounding, I did, then he asked for my phone number, so i gave and there is a person A telling me that I need to pay $1,800 (via AXS Alipay RMB 1000 x 3 receipt). If i dont pay, they threatened me that they will find where i stay and harras me and my family. Asked me to call the police for 24 hour protection. 

Stupid me, I made the payment RMB1000 x 3 receipt (S$1,800 plus) and then promised that they wont disturb me, then another guy Person B called saying that I need to make another 2 more purchase (Ali Pay) with the same amount. $1,200 total. Stupid me again, I paid. 

After which, person C called said i need to pay another $1,200 that the masseur will come pick me to the hotel and complete the transaction process and that they will refund me all my money in full. So then i realise i am being scammed and reported police. I am not sure if i can still get back the money but I am so lost earlier when it happens. 

Purpose of my writing here is not to gain sympathy but I hope more people will read and beware of all these scammers around. They can be asking you to buy other credits or anything.

Guest Guest123
1 hour ago, Guest Another Stupiak (myself) said:

Omg! I wish I read this earlier. I just being scammed. I made a police report about this. I am so stupid.. why i fall into this trap :(

How did they scam you? Maybe share your experience here to warn the rest.

1 hour ago, Guest Guest123 said:

How did they scam you? Maybe share your experience here to warn the rest.

Sure, this afternoon i was browsing Grindr and there is this China Boy came to say Hi and identified himself as masseur and his charges was $100 for 2 hours, so without any guards, I agreed to engage his service, then he ask me to go to this Peoples' Park Centre and he will come down to pick me. However, when i was there, he asked me to take a photo of the surrounding, and then asked me to go down to B1 at POSB ATM so it is easier for him to meet me. I went down, he asked for my number and Person A called, that they don't accept cash, wanted me to make $100 payment first at the AXS by buying the Alipay credits. I did. Then Person A said i need to make another RMB1000 x 3 in order to proof that i am not an undercover, at first i hesitated, but then they started to threatened my saying they are from 369 gang and they can locate where i am staying using my number and say they will go to my family and create trouble for me for the next 6 months if i don't pay. 

I do not know why, probably i am confused and then fall into their trap. I made the RMB1000 x3 payment and told them please don't disturb me and also don't ask for more money. However, Person B (new person) called then asked me to pay RMB 1000 x 2 to serve as a security deposit that I will not hurt the masseur during the massage and also assure that all the RMB 1000 x 5 i paid will be refunded to me in cash. So again, being stupid. I paid and I really feel so drained by all their harassments. 

Then Person C claiming he is the in charge waiting from MBS, that I need to make another RMB1000 x 2 for the hotel. He said the masseur will come and meet me and book a car to bring me to MBS so that I can make sure that i send the boy safely to MBS. So then i started to realise that this is all scam. Then i quickly call the police and went to nearest police station to make a report of this incident. 

When i was at the police station, they still calls n text me on LINE. All these while they call me from an unknown number, and I only text the masseur via LINE. The police officer asked me to ignore and do not send them money anymore because this is not the first time they hearing this and they also  had a lot reports from the innocent who falls into this scam, straights included with sex scam (same pattern! but different sex).

Although I have made a police report, I am still worried they will really come and locate my house via my number. I called my friend for help, he has a friend who is a IO and confirmed to me that there is really not easy to locate address by mobile number. So far they did not receive any complaint that address is being exposed by just searching the mobile. High chance that the "unknown" number they calling from is a designated VPN number from where they are.

In total i lost S$3,200 due to this scam i fall into. I really cant forgive myself for being stupid and fall into this scam and not being smart enough to react fast. I sincerely hope more people will read my story and avoid being scammed. Just remember, don't give your number or any personal details to them even if they asked for it. Maybe now they cannot search for our details but the technology is evolving we might not know what is next. They also evolved in ways to scam people. Please spread this news to everybody. It is because some of us are closeted and not open to the society and public that is why it is a chance for the scammers to make use of this to scam or potentially to harass us when we least expected.

We all must protect each other and share our story here to avoid being scammed. Please stay vigilant.

Edited by normalme
typo error

i wouldn't proclaim myself as game-changing.

they may call your bluff, so 50 / 50

23 minutes ago, tomcat said:

It is instances like this which illustrate how being gay in singapore, is still being used against us in one way or another.

How they get you was by attempting to expose and blackmail you for being gay.

Which means one of the root cause is the stigma around being gay and how it must be kept discreet or a secret.

I can only imagine their frustration if their victim said,

"oh it is okay, everyone in my family, my block and workplace knows i am gay. so it's fine!"

"even police knows i am gay. question is, does the police know you are attempting to blackmail me?"

gamechanger.

20 minutes ago, Square said:

i wouldn't proclaim myself as game-changing.

they may call your bluff, so 50 / 50

It is not meant as a bluff, but a projection of a hopeful near future where being gay is nothing to be blackmailed for anymore.

Hope you can see the difference, lol.

Edited by tomcat

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

ah right. thot u were giving advice to the poor dude.

high five to the perfect utopia then

5 minutes ago, tomcat said:

It is not meant as a bluff, but a projection of a hopeful near future where being gay is nothing to be blackmailed for anymore.

Hope you can see the difference, lol.

Guest Winner

So easy to take your money ah?  If they blackmail me, I would love to play along.  It is too boring in Singapore. Once in a while, I am up for game with this type of scammers.  They say blackmail me,  I will ask them to come and entertain me.  When all is neat and over,  I report their number to the police and let nature take its course from there.  Not a single cent is lost and I have fun too - not in the physical sense.

Even if the blackmailer video me having sex, I will tell them,

Make me a star. Thanks 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest China dudes

There are scammers who are preying on unsuspecting people by asking them to add them to WhatsApp or Line.

Encountered two such people on the app and they will chat up with you and asked you to befriend them by adding them on Line or WhatsApp as they do not use Blued regularly.

Upon adding them, they will start to call you dears / darlings / honey whatever that rocks your boat. They will then follow up with voice messages and call you on the phone with the pretext of wanting to get to know you better. They will then tell you their background stories, e.g coming to SG to work and due to Covid-19, their business is bad / suffering. Will ask if you are keen in investing / joining them in the business. Try to know your family members / if you are staying alone / your monthly salaries. When asked why they are asking such private questions, they will then say this is just getting to know you better lol.

One of them even sent me link and said it's a game that is very fun. Obviously I did not fall for it and didn't even click on the link sent. it was quite obvious a phishing site or something similar as I did a google check on the url. Afterwhich, I did not reply their subsequent messages, and they started getting into a rage saying I did the disappearing act on them. 🤣

Moral of the story. When things are too good to be true, they probably are so stop thinking with your small head.

I remember reading someone here saying; we have been educated for at least 10 years here. Stop being dumb and think before you act.

Guest BLURRED EASTIE
3 hours ago, Guest Winner said:

So easy to take your money ah?  If they blackmail me, I would love to play along.  It is too boring in Singapore. Once in a while, I am up for game with this type of scammers.  They say blackmail me,  I will ask them to come and entertain me.  When all is neat and over,  I report their number to the police and let nature take its course from there.  Not a single cent is lost and I have fun too - not in the physical sense.

Now i receive another whatsapp msg from them claiming they are from the hotel financd asking me to give them the receipt i made via AXS.

What should i do? I blocked them on whatsapp already. Should i speak to the IO and give them the number?

Guest BLURRED EASTIE
2 hours ago, Guest China dudes said:

There are scammers who are preying on unsuspecting people by asking them to add them to WhatsApp or Line.

Encountered two such people on the app and they will chat up with you and asked you to befriend them by adding them on Line or WhatsApp as they do not use Blued regularly.

Upon adding them, they will start to call you dears / darlings / honey whatever that rocks your boat. They will then follow up with voice messages and call you on the phone with the pretext of wanting to get to know you better. They will then tell you their background stories, e.g coming to SG to work and due to Covid-19, their business is bad / suffering. Will ask if you are keen in investing / joining them in the business. Try to know your family members / if you are staying alone / your monthly salaries. When asked why they are asking such private questions, they will then say this is just getting to know you better lol.

One of them even sent me link and said it's a game that is very fun. Obviously I did not fall for it and didn't even click on the link sent. it was quite obvious a phishing site or something similar as I did a google check on the url. Afterwhich, I did not reply their subsequent messages, and they started getting into a rage saying I did the disappearing act on them. 🤣

Moral of the story. When things are too good to be true, they probably are so stop thinking with your small head.

I remember reading someone here saying; we have been educated for at least 10 years here. Stop being dumb and think before you act.

How long does it take before they stopped texting you? 

To cut the story short, as long it's prc. Just treat it as a game and dont take anything serious. Oh, and although its a game, do not pay a single cent for such game. Even if the handsome pic is real, ok you are so turn on u rreeaallly believe it's the person, so what? you are not gonna get him to bed, cos sex isnt in his mind. And no, he is nvr gonna meet you. The intend is "love", then money topic comes in. Horny and desperate isnt too bad, dont end up horny, desperate at the same time pathetic. 

Edited by Leanmeat

• G_M changed the title to Scam Alerts : Grindr + Love + Massage + Job + Online + Loan + Gov Call Scam (compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.