Jump to content
Male HQ

Staycation Deals & Recommendation in Singapore


Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, kirayamato25 said:

Hi. Anyone has any recommendation for a Staycation in Singapore? Just to chill and unwind with a pool or bathtub. If its cruisy then its a bonus. Else, just a place to chill for the night and recharge.

 

book a hotel near Tanjong Pagar / Outram / chinatown. sure got a lot of gays there. otherwise those with Marina Bay view is a safe bet too.

 

I usually book Sofitel city center / Swissotel merchant court / swissotel stamford, especially if there's a good deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jonathandliai said:

 

book a hotel near Tanjong Pagar / Outram / chinatown. sure got a lot of gays there. otherwise those with Marina Bay view is a safe bet too.

 

I usually book Sofitel city center / Swissotel merchant court / swissotel stamford, especially if there's a good deal.

Thank you for the recommendation.🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

yup i guessed so Internatnl Plaz

i dont mind older hotels (not scary at all) instead, but i prefer hotels  with bigger pools ,  nnot very small-sized pools
i never get to swim in public sports pools so for hotel pool, it has to be good one eg the parkroyal (old) at beach rd  , the pool is not small yet scenic

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Jonathandliai said:

Yes if u check in at Swiss The Stamford you have to pay entry fee for the usage of the gym. But if you check in at The Plaza will free usage for gym. Before the pandemic i used to go to HK just to clear my mileage i will fly on Friday and back on Monday. I will check in at Marriot at Pacific Bay as the gym alot of eye candies muscle guys and nice tone muscular mature guy either gay or bi or if i want close to nature i go Bali. Miss those day hope and pray everything end soon with the pandemic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2020 at 4:53 PM, fetish72 said:

Yes if u check in at Swiss The Stamford you have to pay entry fee for the usage of the gym. But if you check in at The Plaza will free usage for gym. Before the pandemic i used to go to HK just to clear my mileage i will fly on Friday and back on Monday. I will check in at Marriot at Pacific Bay as the gym alot of eye candies muscle guys and nice tone muscular mature guy either gay or bi or if i want close to nature i go Bali. Miss those day hope and pray everything end soon with the pandemic.

 

ahaha, dude are you even up to date with SG scene now?

 

Swiss Stamford & Plaza are what it was called many many years ago. I believe the hotels you are referring to now are called:

 

https://www.swissotel.com/hotels/singapore-stamford/

 

https://www.fairmont.com/singapore/

 

Westin SG re-opened in a new location:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/sinwi-the-westin-singapore/

 

Let's not confuse the members here with things from a long time ago yea especially when this thread is supposed to be staycation recommendations in SG.

Edited by Jonathandliai
links edit
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello.


Has booked one with my partner.

 

Usually we look for value for money, such as include meals, dining credits, complimentary parking, room size, bed size, even bath tub. Of course, be prepared to pay more for 5 stars hotel as compared to the lesser stars. There must be reasons why they hv more stars then the others so as to justify their pricing. But, some hotels here really priced themselves exorbitantly high without really exceptional qualities. Nonetheless, is really subjective so work within your budget.

 

Our next considerations are location and the theme (mood). Romantic cld means ultra pampering in luxurious environment. Basically, Wowing your loved one. For to-be-alone kind of retreat, pick one that is closer to nature or the beach. If you are in Party mood, go for hotel closer to the night spots for a seamless crazy night out or book a suite or villa. But then, with social distancing measures in place, this is probably prohibited now. 

 

As for services, is pretty depending on luck. That said, the underlying rule is that we as guest should treat the staff with respect. Think along the line that you are visiting a friend or a relative, they are the host and talk to them, share your joy and excitement. You never know that you might be pleasantly surprised by their reciprocal gesture. 

 

For deals, we will check offer tied with credit card's. Do visit the hotel's website, you might find that they hv a really good deal. Then there is the APPs. 

 

Happy shopping for your staycation. 

 

Some Recommendations: 

Ritz (bathroom)

St Regis (Lux)

Conrad (Comfort)

Capella (Greenary and Pool, but damn pricey now)

Sofitel Sentosa (old charm and out-of-sg)

Fullerton (Heritage and Museums)


Thank you. 

Edited by TT2880
Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, I find this offer from Fairmont super value for money:

 

https://www.fairmont-singapore.com/offer/upsized-staycation-offer/

 

In essence, you pay $359nett and receive the following:

 

  1. Wifi
  2. Breakfast for 2 pax
  3. Possible upgrade depending on your Accor status
  4. $100nett dining voucher (you can use it for SKAI, Prego, Anti:Dote, Mikuni, CLOVE and for in-room dining)
  5. $50nett return stay voucher for next booking

In essence, you pay $209 and the dining credit can settle dinner for 2 pax depending on what you order.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest planner

Cheap is decent. Don't need atas. It's for piak piak whole night with my fwbs

 

Can more than 2 persons stay overnight?

 

Can more than 5 persons in the room at any one time?

 

Can guests just go up like before covid or will get stopped at reception?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Guest planner said:

 

Can guests just go up like before covid or will get stopped at reception?

As of now, SafeEntry is mandatory at all public places.

 

Unlikely you can go up to the rooms on your own without showing the SafeEntry pass.

 

Some hotels may even pass you a slip of paper to indicate the purpose of your visit to the hotel. You are obliged to include your name, IC and contact details for contact tracing as required by the government 

Edited by Fountain82
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • G_M changed the title to Staycation Deals & Recommendation in Singapore
On 10/11/2020 at 1:15 AM, Jonathandliai said:

For me, I find this offer from Fairmont super value for money:

 

https://www.fairmont-singapore.com/offer/upsized-staycation-offer/

 

In essence, you pay $359nett and receive the following:

 

  1. Wifi
  2. Breakfast for 2 pax
  3. Possible upgrade depending on your Accor status
  4. $100nett dining voucher (you can use it for SKAI, Prego, Anti:Dote, Mikuni, CLOVE and for in-room dining)
  5. $50nett return stay voucher for next booking

In essence, you pay $209 and the dining credit can settle dinner for 2 pax depending on what you order.

umm.... 4 & 5 will actually make u spent more than what u have plan for,  very smart move as they no longer slash the price like they do during sars period. 

 

Actually One farrer hotel is quite a good bet, in term of pricing,  they definitely are one of the lowest among all the 5 star hotel here.  In term of facilities,  they are the only one that had an Olympic size pool with Jacuzzi. They also have a spa onsen which is really nice and the gym is considered reasonable for a 5 star hotel. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...
33 minutes ago, milky_boi said:

thanks haha 

a bit too expensive and deserted 

Don't fall into the trap of using the $100 voucher to book a staycation that costs more than that. Gov isn't giving that out overtly as a way for us to get free staycays. It's to create sunk cost fallacy for us when we spend it as a discount on luxury hotels and staycay packages, so we still end up paying out of pocket. 

 

Either find a hotel under 100 or at most 10 to 20 dollars over that for the staycation, or don't use it at all. That's the way to go. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...
counter