Male HQ

3 Miles Journey - A story

Guest Black Kitten

Guest Black Kitten

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY”

It was my anxious moment, waiting patiently outside the family clinic.  No choice, I had to clear my medical entitlement before I fuck my boss for good.   I chose an expensive blood screening test, my first ever such test.  The doctor  browsed through my report and stared straight into my face.  I passed all the test result but…he noticed my LHL was a little higher and so was my HDL.  Immediately, he wanted to put me on medication.  I resisted. He scolded me.  I said “NO!”.  He challenged me that LHL will never go down.  I grabbed the report and run out of his clinic.  He wanted me to come a year later to prove his point……

Years of snacking under pressure due to work, and sitting whole day in the office, like prisoner cuffed to the office chair, has momentarily killed everyone from within.   Without much hesitation.  I finally fucked my boss.  I went into my storeroom, reluctantly pulled out a pair of shoes that have never seen daylight, for years, as it was bought out of impulse.  Suddently, a giant cockroach thrusted itself into the open, I screamed, and nearly threw the shoes away.

Reluctantly, I put on my shoes. I went to the park and started to walk because of the crowds.  A long-haired jogger was showing off with his speed, A couple of anti-gay  straight couple rolled their eyes at me. A thin-haired man jogged passed me, and spat.  A maid, walking with her dogs, gave me an attitude. A couple elderly men, tried to prove they could run a mile, instead of just walking like me.  I was just a gay boy in their eyes, with a neat shoes and a pair of sexy legs, not even  close to being a sport person……

Whatever had happened, I thought walking was as good as jogging, and a little stretching exercise, might just help to prove the doctor wrong.  I was wrong…..

(to continue in a moment….)

Guest Black Kitten

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 2)

I don’t have much tummy is beside the point.  After watching several Youtube videos, a number of experts (doctor usually) claims that one need to jog many times, a week, in order to bring down the LHL and improve our overall artillery system.  How was a black kitten able to achieve that?   The fact that exercise (other than swimming, to oogle at naked hunk), it was never part of my regime to deliberately over-stetched myself with strenuous activities, let alone under the sun?

I love being  comfortable, warmly sheltered and napping during my free time, not to be disrupted by any form of noise and to call me out of bed, to run under the hot weather, you got to be kidding this little kitten.   Anyhoo.

After doing a slow jog for about 50 to 100m, I stopped, panted and started to walk again.  I stopped and started and stopped, most of the time and my journey never even exceed 500m before I call it quit and  not to mention there were still 3 miles, in the horizon, waiting to be explored. Gave me a break and go for a coke!!! The other side of me kept nagging  me to treat myself fairly……

Everytime I passed by the family clinic, I was angry.  Angry that the doctor was “rude”.  So I continue to walk in the park.  One day…I was doing the usual slow stroll  on a non crowded noon day.  I thought, no harm exploring the journey, beyond my comfort zone of 800m, since it was a peaceful day with no questioning eyes.   For the first time, I reached the 2 mile stretch of the park, when suddently, lightning struck one of the tree nearby.  I was so scared I started to run away from the forested area, but the rain caught up with me,  there was no shelter whichever way I tried to escape. I regretted going this far of the territory……

(to be continued shortly…..)

Guest Black Kitten

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 3)

I ran as fast as I could. Otherwise I will get struck by the continuous flash across the sky. I wanted to rush home quickly and safely.  Before I knew it, I was already running 500m continuous, all soaked deeply and cold. Then I got tired out, but the wind continued to howl in my face and the lightning never cease coming down from all direction.

No shelter ahead.  I jog slowly, praying at the same time.  Honestly, it was soothing physically, because Singapore had been hazy and also very hot for months. The sudden change of weather, was like a fresh coat of air conditioning for me. 

By the time I reached the traffic junction, all the car drivers wondered what the hack was this little kitten jogging under the rain. They probably thought this helpless kitten was showing off himself.

There were another mile ahead,  before I reached for safety cover,  but I was tired and cold.  I wanted to rest under the tree, but it wasn’t safe.  I forced myself to continue the journey, jogging at a slow pace, but the lightning wanted non of it.  You can imagine how tired and forceful I was, to get out of the situation. By the time I reached home, I was crying and laughing at the same time.  In that instance,  I learned a lesson.  I can actually make it more than a mile…..if I just jog slowly and persistently…..

(Part 4 coming up shortly......)

Guest Black Kitten

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 4)

So, I developed a strategy. To slow jog 1 miles, 2 to 3 times a week and then gave myself a pat.  But everytime someone overtook me, I was stressed out for not being their equal and out of envy too.  

And I was slow, I often got signaled off by cyclist and because I was also sexy, anti-gay people (mostly elderly), would snort loudly when I crossed their path. These jobless old folks behavior is telling.   It was hard to have peace.  To avoid all this, I started to put on my ear plug , to filter out all those irritating noises and pretended nobody was around me.

At times, I wanted to stop completely and to simply cut down on Sugar intake and done with all the hassle.   I perservere, in part because I was gifted with miles of space to run, unlike other town area. I have every right to those space like everyone else…

I make  a habbit to jog on certain time when the coast was clear of human traffic, and eventually claimed my much needed peace.  Though it was a little warm, the sweat has motivated me. At least, it gave me the delusion of “bad fat”, being  slowly burned away.   

After a couple of months, my 1 mile jog became a routine and almost with ease and un-interrupted. My speed has also picked up tremendously. Then, I started to look beyond hesistantly, the additional 2 miles ahead, where  I was once chased by lightning.  Should I make an attempt, a decisive move to prove the doctor wrong?

I waited at the traffce light, where all the drivers once thought I was a joke on rainy day.  It turned green, and I crossed over to the next mile stone……

(Coming up next….stay tuned!)

Good start!

Keep going, you will soon make your 3 miles with ease.  The body needs time to adapt.

Exercise helps lower cholesterol,  but also improve your nutrition.  Less fats, more fiber, more complex carbohydrates including green vegetables, more fruits, NO coke or other carbonated drinks, NO sugars,  NO cholesterol medications, NO blood pressure medications.

After several years ease your aerobic exercises in favor of adding weight lifting,  and continue with both until you reach...  100 years  :)  

Edited by Steve5380

Guest Black Kitten

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 5)

Having crossed over to the new territory,  I have no more energy to jog any further. My stamina has reached its capacity.  Not many people were willing to take that path. It was too far, too much ahead – having to consider the returning journey too.  Not to mention the route was narrower, more trees, many playground, children jaywalking, maids with more dogs, elderly with wheelchair and even more cyclists, all sharing the same jogging path….

If I wanted to jog 2 miles continously, that is the only route to take. No other way.  I scheduled my jogging time a little earlier,  which mean to suffer stronger heat from the sun, so that I could easily avoid all these people. 

But everytime after jogging 1st mile from the old route,  I began to walk another mile in the new territory.  I could not bring enough breath to proceed.  I blame it on the scorching heat. 

One day, I was watching “Dark Knight” and fell in love with its soundtrack “Like a Dog Chasing Cars”.   It sounds furious, heart-beating and revengeful, just as what I needed.  I never get tired of it.

Here was my new plan,. After Jogging my  1st mile,  I put on my headset, upped its volume, took a deep breath, looked ahead and start  attempting my 2nd mile. 

It wasn’t easy.  I focused on the music, instead of my legs.  I completely lost my mind that I was actually jogging my 2nd mile.   Everytime my breath urged me to stop, just stop running, you are going to faint, then the music from my headset build up again, spuring me forward “Like a Dog Chasing Cars”. 

Finally, I succeeded, but I collapsed to the ground, trying to catch up with my breath.  My heart was drumming very fast,  I thought I was going to die and wasn’t sure if I wanted to do that again.

(coming up next...stay glued!)

Guest Black Kitten

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 6)

I began to feel lazy. Why should I put myself in a situation where everyone was having a comfortable life while I jog like a mad dog, under the heat of the sun, instead of cozying up in bed?  If I stopped, I will lost all the stamina I have build up and I have only another 6 months before proving the doctor that he was so wrong about me!!!

I put on my shoe, ran my first mile with ease.  On the 2nd mile, I cheated as usual, I put on my music to give me that extra boost of energy.  Often collapsed to the ground, after that, “recuperating”.  Then  I hop onto a bus to bring me  home.  Yes!!! I did the most inethical thing, I hop onto the bus. No more question asked.

That was how things came and went, but soon, I realized I am wasting my money on bus service.  Soon, my 2nd mile of jogging also began to wane, because the “Dogs chasing the Cars” music sounds too old by then. 

One afternoon, I was doing my usual slow jog on my 2nd mile,  a group of sweaty Gurkhas appeared out of no where, led by a leader.  I gave way to them, and followed them closely from behind.  I think, they were already covered a thousand miles before arriving. Even then, I  have problems catching up with them.  How did they do it, do they have bigger lung than me?  I exerted my last energy to speed up to the closest one behind, observed their legs and feet, as if I could find some secret recipe of power from them.  Their leader caught me following them closely, gave a command, and they let me pass through.   I was embarrassed to say the least and they  were now running behind me, almost like a dog chasing car.  Psychologically,  I ran for my life,  partly to show them that this little black kitten can run like them and not get caught up.  Besides, I can hop on the bus later and soak in its air-con on the way home.  I didn’t.

The Gurkhas didn’t stop to take a rest, and was so close from behind me.  I ran like no tomorrow, thinking they may take a different route and get their view out of me.  Every now and then, I looked back as I ran, but they were always there, so close, running towards me.  I ran, and have forgotten that I actually exceeded more than my 2 miles target, and missed my bus station.  I rushed across the green traffic light that was about to turn red and there, they were caught at the traffic junction while I managed to fled across the road.  Whoosh!!!!

I didn't know I couldn't actuall run and the secret is...it all boils down to the mind. 

(A little more ahead to come)

Guest Black Kitten

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 7)

I fucked up, I was trying to say I could actually run after the last posting. Don’t judge!  All you need is imagination.

From that day onward,  I imagined I was being chased by a group of Gurkhas and run. It works.  I was approaching a 3 milestone  by the 8th month jogging regime.  No cheating, no bus ride home.  Every object flew swiftly by, as I run.  I didn’t use my leg, I used my mind. It was so powerful that I don’t even need to think of breathing.   Even when I accidentlly twisted my joint due to human obstruction, I could run with one leg and the other simply just a motion.  No one has ever overtook me.

As months passed,  I overtook many regular joggers, without me knowing or even trying to do so.  Some of them gave up,  others were new comers and see me as  a black panther. No more black kitten.   Those who once spat and snorted, made ways for me to fly pass or risked getting knocked down.  No apology to them.   2 to 3 times a week running regime no more. Now became a daily affairs.  If I skipped one day, I felt something was missing…..

The above story happened 2 years ago and I am still running as I typed.   Did I go for my 2nd blood screening?  No!!  I didn’t.  I believe I have changed – more healthy than before.  May be someday, but…….

I will be putting my shoes back into the shoe box and store it away.  This is because, I will be back to the office cubicle working like slave dog, instead of a dog chasing a car.  The landscape where I jog, will also be altered considerably by new development projects, making it impossible for me to jog.  At the very least,  many people have witnessed the regular "black panther" before any future changes take place. I am glad, to be part of that picture in their mind.

(Thanks for reading my entire boring story)

16 hours ago, Guest Black Kitten said:

From that day onward,  I imagined I was being chased by a group of Gurkhas and run. It works.  I was approaching a 3 milestone  by the 8th month jogging regime.  No cheating, no bus ride home.  Every object flew swiftly by, as I run.  I didn’t use my leg, I used my mind. It was so powerful that I don’t even need to think of breathing.   Even when I accidentlly twisted my joint due to human obstruction, I could run with one leg and the other simply just a motion.  No one has ever overtook me.

As months passed,  I overtook many regular joggers, without me knowing or even trying to do so.  Some of them gave up,  others were new comers and see me as  a black panther. No more black kitten.   Those who once spat and snorted, made ways for me to fly pass or risked getting knocked down.  No apology to them.   2 to 3 times a week running regime no more. Now became a daily affairs.  If I skipped one day, I felt something was missing…..

The above story happened 2 years ago and I am still running as I typed.   Did I go for my 2nd blood screening?  No!!  I didn’t.  I believe I have changed – more healthy than before.  May be someday, but…….

I will be putting my shoes back into the shoe box and store it away.  This is because, I will be back to the office cubicle working like slave dog, instead of a dog chasing a car.  The landscape where I jog, will also be altered considerably by new development projects, making it impossible for me to jog.  At the very least,  many people have witnessed the regular "black panther" before any future changes take place. I am glad, to be part of that picture in their mind.

How fortunate that you discovered the MENTAL part of exercising.  Many people believe that exercising is a dumb activity of using one's muscles like any retard can do.

In both aerobic and resistance training the mind should play an important part.  While running we should keep telling us the big lie that "I like doing this",  while having a feeling of ease and lightness. Elite runners manage to get their running to be easy and so they can run a marathon.

In weight lifting the mind also plays an important role.  We have to educate our nervous system to exert force, and ease a little the natural protection of muscles and ligaments that limits the force they will make, and slowly keep pushing this limit.  All this takes time, and it is a reason why good progress building muscles takes years, decades.

Now that you are in good aerobic shape, if you cannot run outside get yourself a threadmill  or stationary bike or join a gym that has those.

• G_M changed the title to 3 Miles Journey - A story
  • 3 weeks later...

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 😎

Today, I noticed there was an on-going land development that will  extend my 3 miles by another 1.5 miles.  This is so tempting, but I doubt I have the stamina.  I will just stick to my 3 miles for now and let future decides.   I noticed many path users were staring a me, especially those aunties.  They never see a kitten running like panther. Nobody knows my journey wasn’t easy, I picked up slowly in the past, stopping and starting, always pushing myself even with one leg injury. Now I am used to running 3 miles straight. I also tend to pick a quiet time of the day to avoid "Stares", but another Ang Mo cyclist tried to run into me for blocking his way, are they blind or what? 

When you are sweaty and perservered, people tend to think you are “How Lien” or what.   Anyway, I felt good after taking shower, but I am getting very dark brownish skin due to the sun.  I was once a fair, silky light skin kitten, but now I look different, no more cute looking. A little oxidated.   I have been thinking of stopping, but the timer in me kept restarting according to the clock on the wall.  Sometimes, I felt sleepy when it was time to jog. I kept looking at my cozy bedsheet, but my hands kept reaching out for the shoes on the shelve and before I knew it, I was already at the starting point ready to begin….

Guest Black Kitten

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 9)

Today, I jogged 3 miles again and was too nosey to check out the new development by jogging additional 500m.  An uncle cyclist gave me a thumb up for jogging non-stop.  He was cycling closely behind me to see where I was going.

The weather was awesome, cool, windy, with mild drizzle.   I was puzzled why I became dark when the sun was hidden under the cloud and  then look much fairer when exposed directly under the sun for the past year.  Could there be an Ozone leaked I wasn’t aware?

I am not sure if my skin was a healthy color, very dark tanned.  It will take a month for me to become fairer again, if I stopped jogging.  I am not sure yet.  But my right knee has given me quite a pain at night when I was sleeping.  Rheumatism or did I over jogged, causing my  vein to stretch and pull , thus the knee pain at night?  

I wasn’t able to walk properly at home due to the knee ache, but I could easily jog 3 miles without feeling the pain. It has been a week now, why was that so?   

There are so many things beyond my understanding here.  I will stop and rest  until my knee recover.  Besides, my bad cholesterol has probably return to normal by now and I am thinking of returning to the clinic and fuck the doctor with the result.  On the other hand, I also don’t feel like wasting money over a simple blood screening.

Maybe it's time that you add weight training to your routine.  Heavy squats done with good form help restore the knees.  And weight lifting has the same positive effect of reducing cholesterol.  The combination of it with aerobic exercise is optimum.  For aerobic, a stationary bike is easier on the knees and you don't get sun burns.

Guest Black Kitten

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 10)

My knees felt slightly better now.  I think it was certain bean food that caused the allergy and then the pain previously.  I need to avoid them now.  

I went on slow jog, after recovering, and focused on not over working my knees.  I tried to put more energy on one leg so that the other recovered leg get more space to relax.  I saw dozens of jogger running ahead of me.    A thousand feet, running together, created a delusion that those people were fast runner, but I came to realize that people were slow when I was nearing  them and even when I jogged slowly and relaxingly.  Soon I overtook a dozen of them, even a cyclist. 😲  It was funny to think about it when I was merely jogging slowly on “one-leg”.

Have I suddently became a fast runner now?  Should I take on an extra mile, making it to 4 miles?  I am hesistant of the possible side-effect.  Most marathon joggers are very skinny, I don’t want to be like them.  I wanted to retain some meat, have my collagen intact to avoid getting pre-mature aging.  I think, I am still OK sticking to 3 miles., not that I thought I could achieve those mileage initially, but since I have already achieved what I was set out to do, it is better not be greedy.  

I am hoping that the morning rain will clear the path for me later.   Anyway,  my jogging shoes is a cheap one. It cost me $40.  My old pair cost $25 that lasted 5 years on aggressive track until my toe  came right through it.  I hope my current pair could last me for as long as the sky is blue, because I didn’t want to waste money on expensive one, anywhere that cost above $60 is considered extravagant for me. .

I am about to get ready soon. *checking on the sky*

2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

this is sg not US!! We use KM not miles! Please do not spread your american propaganda in sg!

I also wish the US would adopt the Metric system.  But it is what it is...  and one gets used to it.

Surely a person as educated as you won't mind to make the conversion of 1 Mile = 1.60934 Km., an easy multiplication that an intelligent person like you can even make in his head. 

12 hours ago, Guest Black Kitten said:

My knees felt slightly better now.  I think it was certain bean food that caused the allergy and then the pain previously.  I need to avoid them now.  

Is that possible?  I eat lentil beans every day and my knees are perfect.

Guest Black Kitten
9 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I also wish the US would adopt the Metric system.  But it is what it is...  and one gets used to it.

Surely a person as educated as you won't mind to make the conversion of 1 Mile = 1.60934 Km., an easy multiplication that an intelligent person like you can even make in his head. 

Is that possible?  I eat lentil beans every day and my knees are perfect.

Me bad!!!  I actually jogged 4.4km and I thought it was 3 miles.  Now I realised I am short of 400 meter.  I will see if I can "force" myself to top it up from today onwards.

Not sure about the lenthil beans.  I might have pulled out some chocolate from the fridge or drank peanuts soup on certain days.  All these could be possible culprit.

23 minutes ago, Guest Black Kitten said:

Me bad!!!  I actually jogged 4.4km and I thought it was 3 miles.  Now I realised I am short of 400 meter.  I will see if I can "force" myself to top it up from today onwards.

Not sure about the lenthil beans.  I might have pulled out some chocolate from the fridge or drank peanuts soup on certain days.  All these could be possible culprit.

Sorry for being the cause of you having to run now 400 m further, ha ha.

I have never eaten peanut soup.  It sounds interesting,  with also tomato paste, sweet potatoes...  sounds healthy.  

Chocolate from the fridge?  Doesn't it get very hard?

Guest black Kitten
1 hour ago, Steve5380 said:

Sorry for being the cause of you having to run now 400 m further, ha ha.

I have never eaten peanut soup.  It sounds interesting,  with also tomato paste, sweet potatoes...  sounds healthy.  

Chocolate from the fridge?  Doesn't it get very hard?

It is a thin bar, I just bite a small piece and put the rest back into the fridge.  You can boil raw peanut and then throw in chicken bones, add salt to taste.  May not be suitable for certain people, as the broth is rich in calcium and might cause joint pain. Which is why my elderly folks didn't want to make those soup.  However, you may consider making those broth in western style with some potatoes in it.

Guest Black Kitten

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 11)

I have been jogging 4.9km on 3 consecutive days.  Weather was good, especially yesterday, very windy.  I have used my nose to breath as I jog. No more opening my mouth wide.  Very peaceful and also very lung cleansing.  I also witnessed an elderly woman in her 80s, fell flat and required passerby assistance to lift her up. She was on walking stick, but the fall was too excruciating that draw tears from her eyes. She no longer can stand properly, but people who held her hands tried to get her to move forward.  Very pitiful sight.  Nobody could do anything except asking her where she live.  I hope she is not single, or alone and widowed without any children.  She probably could not take care of herself, let alone, after a fall.    I wish the old lady is safe and sound at home. Hopefully, she not being attacked by dermentia too.  

Now, I felt more compel to jog as long as my feet can move and my knees still work. Being single and alone, can be scary if one becomes immobilised.  My motivation is no longer needing to prove anything to the doctor. My stomach is already flat and whatever last drop of bad cholesterol should have been eradicated by now.   Whenever I think about it,  I wanted very much to kiss my shoes, for bringing me this far a journey since my beginning of "baby steps".. Though the shoes are cheap,  It does play an important role to keep me safe, in every step of the way...

10 hours ago, Guest Black Kitten said:

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 11)

I have been jogging 4.9km on 3 consecutive days.  Weather was good, especially yesterday, very windy.  I have used my nose to breath as I jog. No more opening my mouth wide.  Very peaceful and also very lung cleansing.  I also witnessed an elderly woman in her 80s, fell flat and required passerby assistance to lift her up. She was on walking stick, but the fall was too excruciating that draw tears from her eyes. She no longer can stand properly, but people who held her hands tried to get her to move forward.  Very pitiful sight.  Nobody could do anything except asking her where she live.  I hope she is not single, or alone and widowed without any children.  She probably could not take care of herself, let alone, after a fall.    I wish the old lady is safe and sound at home. Hopefully, she not being attacked by dermentia too.  

This is so sad!  Falls are so dangerous for old people!  Instead of having a nice, healthy walk in good weather,  she exposed herself to an accident because of weak legs.

A good example to give importance to resistance training of the legs.  

Guest Squirrel
5 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

This is so sad!  Falls are so dangerous for old people!  Instead of having a nice, healthy walk in good weather,  she exposed herself to an accident because of weak legs.

A good example to give importance to resistance training of the legs.  

90% of elderly were not able to stand up due to weak pelvis.  If you give them something to hold on for them to stand up, they couldn't do that either.  So they just sit there waiting for passer by to give them a strong lift and the rest depends on legs and walking stick.  To make matter worse, some were to exhausted due to shortness of breath.  It is very challenging for elderly to go out on their own, but if they have no care-taker or children to look after them, they still need to go out and buy food.  I see too many of such people in our neighbourhood as Singapore became a grey nation by 2030.  

4 minutes ago, Guest Squirrel said:

90% of elderly were not able to stand up due to weak pelvis.  If you give them something to hold on for them to stand up, they couldn't do that either.  So they just sit there waiting for passer by to give them a strong lift and the rest depends on legs and walking stick.  To make matter worse, some were to exhausted due to shortness of breath.  It is very challenging for elderly to go out on their own, but if they have no care-taker or children to look after them, they still need to go out and buy food.  I see too many of such people in our neighbourhood as Singapore became a grey nation by 2030.  

Yes, lack of physical strength makes big dents in the quality of life of older people.

This is why it is smart to start resistance training (like weight lifting) of the core and lower body before middle age.  To maintain good hip and knee joints and their ligaments. To preserve strong lower back, abdominals, quadriceps, hamstrings, calves, and resistance training also helps preserve the bones, so that they don't lose too much mass and break easily.  (some old people fall because a bone breaks!,  instead of breaking a bone because they fall)

But people who plan to die before old age, they don't need to care so much about all this stuff.

3 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

But people who plan to die before old age,

The time will come whether you plan or don't plan.  It is funny to think that human can try to fight mortality.  

Guest black Kitten

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 12)

Another windy day, very cooling after a rainfall. I was surprised to see not many people around.  I jogged with ease and did a 400m marathon, towards the finishing line, chasing one Gurkha who overtook me, but he dissappeared without a sight.  It was very satisfying.  Sweaty no less, but not thirsty at all.  I have never felt thirsty everytime I finished jogging.  I lost a lot of water through my skin and hair and my underwear became wet too.  After losing all the water, I stll feel fully hydrated and don't feel like drinking anything.  I didn't even feel like I have lost any breath but my legs were tired, otherwise I could continue on and on.  I guess, it can't be helped.  I don't have muscled legs, and it depends on how far my knees could go.   Anyway, I plan to rest on Sunday, a very crowded day which I hated and then allow myself to take a good nap before another week began.   I love the weather, it is still drizzling and windy as I type at night.

Guest black Kitten

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 13)

Today weather was God-send.  Very breezy bright sky and without being sunny.  The stretch of 3 miles was deserted of human traffic.  It was so enjoyable I forgot I was running.  My legs were light and felt like flying.   The mood was extremely uplifting, the air almost smell "minty", most of which came from the nearby blooming trees.  God is very kind to me today.  I can't wait for the same space and weather tomorrow again.  So happy to feel free from pandemic.

Guest Black Kitten

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 14)

I have given myself a couple days of break, due to back knee tendon and ligament tear.  It hurts at night, but resumed its normalcy during day time.  Still I could not resist the fine weather today.  Less sunny and very windy, every jogger's ideal day.  I ran 3 miles again, not feeling anything on my knees or legs.  Let's hope it won't pinch me again tonight.  Anyway, I bought a knee guard today, to keep my knee intact and "sexy".  But I won't wear it for jogging. Too embarassing  and will just wear it at home. 

Have you guys ever noticed?  There has been an increased number of very old men jogging lately.  Sudden awakening of health issues that prompted them to put on their shoes?  Not many of them are religiously doing that though, some gave up and dissappeared in less than a month.  The only resilient and regular one which I noticed is a pair of gay couple...very old one too.  One short and one tall, very funny looking pair.  Seems like they were long term relationship couple, always  tagging closely like they cannot live with the other.   

Let's see how tomorrow goes.

• 3 months later...

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 15)

Didn't update much due to runner's knees issues since October.  I bought expensive Tiger Balm Joint Rub, but to no avail in healing my excruciating pain.  All these knees straps and guards serve no beneficial purpose.  Suffered several sleepless nights due to joint pain in Oct and Nov. The pain sudently healed on its own when I decided to stop seating down and stop laying down to rest.  I stood on my feet reading book and browsing computer, which enhances the blood circulation on my knee joint.  It sooths all the creakiness and then, the pain dissappear almost instantly.

In December, coupled with nice weather,  I was back on my feet again,  speeding as if my knee was made of metal.  I jogged daily,  the ususal timing and kept a look out for NEA weather.   I love the strong wind, the rain-less cloud that shielded me from sun radiation.   I am worried, if I proceeded daily without such conducive weather, my skin will be burned by the sun and I will age faster.  I am planning to invest in SPF50, but still I am not sure how long I will keep jogging and running.  The weather forcast that April will be extremely dry month.   I noticed I have aged considerably by paying too much attention on jogging under the late afternoon sun.  Evening is not an option as I cannot jog after dinner.  It now seems my skin needs me to re-focus my energy to look youthful by staying indoor as much as possible.  Will I quit jogging completely this year?  I am now at the cross-road on this matter.

Edited by Black Kitten

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 16)

Heaven is so kind.  It allows me to cover 3 miles and when I reached home, the sky opened up for downpour.  It happened a few times already.  I also noticed many regular joggers just dissappeared in recent weeks.  The brown skin handsome and young looking truck driver, who parked nearby, and then jogged 2 miles before driving off, he is hardly noticeable now.  A very young teen, jogging 4 miles daily, for months, probably got enlisted in army and never to be seen jogging again.  A gay couple, stamina has waned and seen walking instead of jogging.  A long-haired jogging uncle, who tried to show off in front of Gurkha, has given up jogging regularly for months.  A straight couple, who once spat when I was still new in the jogging park, now look at me in awe.  I felt weird to be the only kitten that perservered for so long under the heat of the sun. May be, jogging is just one excuses,  I am hoping to meet someone in my life, within the 3 miles radius, of the jogging track.  At least, safer than meeting someone in the Sauna.   Has my pure agenda now shifted, from health to relationship or even both?   It is still early to tell what my mind was thinking at this moment.  I think there is someome in my dream...   

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 17)

I just noticed, I have been burning 340 calories daily.  It may not seems alot through jogging 3 miles.  If a took a chocolate with high calories content, I am fucked and all effort gone to waste.  Today, I measured the distance through google, non-stop 5 miles that was gifted for me to use.  I wonder what will happen if I attempted that feat.  It is easier for a leopard, but I am a kitten.  Should I give it a try, just once?   Let me just throw it into the bucket list to try out this year. 

Talking about chocholate,  I bought two big bars from Value Shop and after take couple of bites I threw it away.  No, it is not rotten, neither was it not delicious.  My breath stopped in my sleep, after taking the chocolate.  It happened twice on different days after consuming the chocolate.  Could it be due to high sugary content or the brand is not suitable  for my body?  I have no problem eating MARS though.   May be, my body is starting to repel and rebel on foods that are not healthy, especially those with high sugar level?   Has it got to do with my body adjusting itself without me noticing and has it got to do with my regular 3 miles journey?   It warrant food for thought.

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 18)

So it rains, two days in a row.  I was ready after applying my SPF50, but the clouds rolled in and then I return my shoes on the rack.  I had  anxiety this week, something I was aware living next to a neighbour who was extremely Narcissistic.  I always heard him lecturing someone at his door-step, be it a courier providers, a general workers doing paint job, students asking for rice donation.  The victims took it all in for a full half hour before leaving.  It happened this week which contributed to my anxiety.  May be, I am the type of person who didn't like blue collars workers to be bullied by self-righteous, narcissistic elderly man whose family are non the better.   Luckily, I have been defending my mom when they tried to advance.  Jogging helps to allay those worries and makes me more brave and alive to confront bad people.  Enough of my personal thoughts,  I am hoping, at least I get to jog again when the sky is clear tomorrow.  I pray that all is well again for my family by next week and then beyond that...

Going to adjust my shoes straps and getting ready to jog 3.5 miles non-stop.

Edited by Black Kitten

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 19)

Finished my last bar of Mars chocolate.  Not my fav though.  But I have been thinking why Yogurt and Granola bars are called  "healthy snack" when they contain trans fat.   Every item in the supermarket is not exactly healthy.  even those sports drink has high sugar content too.  Thus, I ran with empty stomach most of the time (sometime Milo Kosong) before a jog and then drank English Tea or plain water thereafter if I am thirsty.   I guess, that is my routine for now.

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 20)

Today weather is beyond my expectation. No sun and the wind was so strong I don't even need to use up my energy to run 3.5 miles.  Almost everyone was seen being blown off the track and cyclists have to slow down, to avoid collision.  The downside is, it was crowded, including toddlers.  A couple of new boys were spotted speeding for life or reservists.  As I typed, I think the number of joggers are still building up, it looks Autumny today, very nice to go out.  Humidity was 99%, I felt sweaty and good without having to wear mask and midway jogging, I farted, which has to be a good thing.  Overall assessment, I am purged inside out.  Very relaxing.  

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 21)

I thought it was going to rain. The sky was misleading.  I took the risk after NEA website showed Sunny.  I think everyone was misled by the dark cloud and refused to come out. The jogging track became EMPTY, as a result and I owned it completely (which I like)    I could even close my eyes and run, without fear of knocking at something.  Not much wind to embrace as I ran.

While taking my time, enjoying the view, the sky  and the peaceful quietness along my running track,  suddently......2 platoons of Gurkha was running towards me from a distance.  Within seconds,  I would be blocking their way if I continued my leisurely run. I slowed down to give them space to pass me by.   I was running 4.8km and they ran 7.2km continuously.  They could have run as far as 9km, but due to the traffic light and the rush to return to their camp, they decided not to run further.  Usually a lone Gurkha will run 9km but not when they are in group.   I love to look at them.  Most of them are consistently well-built, from neck to their toe.  ALL of them have big muscular legs, broad chest.  You can easily spot them with those stocky features, which most local runner lack.  The platoons I saw today are quite matured, in their 30s.  Very dark looking.  May be, they will be training for their yearly Reservist drill, since Phase 3 is already opened. It probably won't be the last time I see them running at platoon level. There are mixture of good looking ones and the average ones among them.  Honestly, part of my successful 3 miles journey was attributed to them, mentioned in Part 6.   Someday, I am going to secretly run behind them, to test how far I could go with them and where their funishing line was.  

Edited by Black Kitten

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 22)

Nice weather.  A little warm with slight wind.  It was quiet again. I wonder what happened.  Everyone busy with pre-CNY preparation?  The trees, grass and flora were all properly trimmed and became quite spacious today.  I didn't see any familiar faces.  The chubby Gurkha whom I bumped into, quite regularly, in my early Kitty years of learning to run was hardly seen the last two months.  We always looked at each other with rested face, and getting used to each other at the right place, right time everyday.  During phase 1,  he was wearing black mask, while running and I mistook it as beard.  Nobody told him he didn't have to wear mask during running.  I giggled and he took off his mask when he saw me not wearing mask..   I believed he is still running alone today  but because I changed my time a little earlier, he probably missed bumping into me again.  Occassionally, we saw us again, and it was quite a pleasant feelings for us.  I hope he get his promotion for his perserverence. 

Anyway...the sky was clear and probably mark the beginning of a more warm weather to come in the coming months.  I have a strong feelings I might stop my daily run sometime this year and I will update accordingly.

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 23)

Warm and very windy today.   I have the priviledge of the empty space again. 2 Gurkhas, with sun-glasses, were looking at me at my starting poiint.  I jumped to my feet immediately and ran like a "pro" and within minutes I dissappeared from their view completely.   I know, it sounds like a deliberate showing off,  but I admit I get tired at my 1.5 miles point and then slowed my pace because my right ankle was protesting.  I am considering giving myself 2 days "breaK" for my legs to rest.

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 24)

I have not taken my blood pressure since I started jogging (about 2 years ago).   I thought it was time to invest in a blood pressure machine since I have been jogging quite regularly.  My first reading today.  There is an "OK" sign at the bottom, so I think should be OK.

IMG-20210130-185543

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 26)

Bright opened blue sky, windy and empty path. A perfect gift for me to conquer the ground.  I started at a slow speed, wishful of running longer distance today

1.8km

1.5km

0.8km

2.0km

I managed all the above distance in row continuously, Ocassionally stopping to wipe away sweat getting into my eyes.   As I reached the end of the last 2km mark, I was already on top of a small hill over-looking a new distance, an "event horizon", it was an unobstructed straight path to the ultimate destination  - 3km to be exact - if I have perservered to make a break thru beyond my covered gournd of 6.1km today.   Anyway, that will be in the bucket list if weather permit.   I headed home for dinner instead. 

Out of curiosity, I immediately took out the gadget while I was still sweaty and here is the reading just before dinner time.

IMG-20210202-174414.jpg

hmmm...not sure if it is possible to reach 100, but for a hypertension kitty like me, that should be good enough for another story in  Part 27

Edited by Black Kitten

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 27)

An ideal pressure reading of 90/60 has always seemed like a far-fetched endevaour for me.  When I was working, my wrong skill-trade (a chosen occupation since young), has been the result of my constant stress of dealing with emotionally sick colleagues, and bosses who often created unnecessary anxiety to complete a task within an unreasonable time frame. My blood pressure was at a regular reading between 135 to 143 (Systolic) and 75 to 82 (Diastolic) in the past many years.  It is hard to be relaxed in working places and often I told the doctor about my situation, more of consoling the medical staff (and myself) that the high blood pressure was only "temporary" to avoid them getting too concerned.  My family clinic doctor was even worse, almost always ready to put me on medication so that he can always get paid for the regularly drug prescription.  2 years ago, when my family clinic told me that I had slightly high LHL cholesterol (Part 1),  I "ran" away from my work place, and started running 3 miles instead.  The rest became history.   Reading after lunch with stomach full.

Right Arm side

Right

Left Arm Side

Left

Edited by Black Kitten

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 28)

Anyone whose systolic level in between 90 and 100 (without medication), I am completely envious.  I wonder, how many more tracks I need to cover to get there, if only it is scientifically possible.  Unless, this kitten decided to eat salad all year round, drink plain water and avoid every shitty snacks?  Always, doctors like to tell you a different stories, that it is part and parcel of human body and then can't wait to give you some chemicals to cover the gap.  Ever since internet has became a game changer in this era,  this Kitten no longer buy most of the news coming from main stream opinion.

Checking on NEA weather, it is going to be windy again today. I wonder, what is the scene in the jogging track later...hmmmmmm    

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 29)

Very Sunny and Windy and I headed out immeidately, after doing last minute spring cleaning. I didn't want to be late and then confronted with crowded jogging path.  The path was quite clear today.  I did  my slow jog, covering just 5.2km due to my stiff knees. Not going to take my pressure reading.  I need to perservere with at least 5km daily before taking my reading weeks later and then hoping to see Systolic reading of thereabout 100 (if possible) after CNY.  Felt extremely refreshed after a warm meal and a shower.  In fact, I woke up very late today, at 10am due to sweet dreams, which I forgot what that was.  So ya....going to bed soon.

Good night!

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 30)

Super windy today.  I felt my whole body was running against a strong tide, but I still managed to jog 6km. My sweat was swiftly dried off by the strong wind and my legs kept going, pushing me forward tirelessly, with music in my ears for more than 3 miles.  I have never been so happy today.

Edited by Black Kitten

• 2 weeks later...

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 31)

Last few days of calories build up, has caused me to become a little breathless today.  I felt tired after jogging 3km.  It was partly crowded today too.  I perservered and covered 5km "forcefully"..  I also suspect I ate too much during CNY.   Our body were quick to revert to its original shape if we stop jogging even for a few days.  My shoes look slightly torn, not quite visible yet and I wasn't sure if I needed a replacement.   I really can't find a good jogging shoes, I am no expert in shoes and I suspect most of the good running shoes are overpriced in the market. If I have good shoes, I may be able to run furtherest distance without feeling tired.  Anyway, I need to get back on the track again.

Edited by Black Kitten

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 32)

Weather has been fabulous for the last couple of weeks.  Powerful winds blowing against me as I jogged 5.5km non-stop today.  Steneous no less but always looking forward to a good warm shower after that. 

Reading taken before Jogging

IMG-20210219-162619.jpg

Reading taken after Jogging

IMG-20210219-174256.jpg

Need to constantly keep my heart beat tuned to the right frequency because sometimes, I do have  "anxiety" aroused quite suddently and then my heartbeat will go out of tune.   I need to constantly keep a close watch on where my anxiety came from.

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 33)

Recently, I noticed some men were jogging in tights.  These people are quite fit and muscular and I can't help staring at their  "brilliant place" as they jogged by.   I have to admit most of them have  pretty "tiny" area there.   I presumed, when a person gets too tired,  their private organ will shrink into sleeping mode to allow joggers' concentration on their their energy elsewhere, so that "IT" won't stir much unnecessary activities for attention.   I only  had a brief encounter once,  a guy in his 30s, dipped his hand into his shorts to adjust his erected dick and walked right into my view.  I can tell he wasn't wearing any underwear, because his erected cock was swinging side to side under his shorts as he walked.  There was no one in the jogging track except both of us.  He looks like a straight man, and I was transparent to him.  Nothing happen, it was a deliberate act by him for being just noti to stranger like me.

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 34)

The weather is getting on the hot side at the start of this new season.  Not much of a windy day nor cloudy day.  I could feel the scorch on my skin before my jogging starts.  Can be quite deterring to begin with.  Also noticed my nose starts running when exahustion sets in.  Could be due to high humidity that my lunch need to purge them out as I run.

I may consider running at night, but may not be good after dinner, bad for stomach I believed.  For the time being, I will just have to keep a look out for the weather and may try to tone down my running a little.  Trying to see which sunscreen is best in the market that can withstand the heat and protect my smooth skin.  Otherwise, don't know what to do with the big bright sun above my head.

Edited by Black Kitten

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 35)

Very hot and dry weather today. I was hesitant to run and had been consuming, or rather addicted, to non-sugar coke over the last couple of days.  This is going to be a thirsty season for me, even at home.  Than a took a reading on my blood pressure and I thought the high temperature weather has impacted greatly on my blood pressure.

IMG-20210301-162611.jpg

Then the weather began to cool a little,still very hot, so I put on my shoes and run 4.5km.  I don't feel comfortable, it was like being trapped inside an oven to me.  After finished jogging, returned home to cool and took a reading to see if blood pressure has gone up again, but what I saw was this:

IMG-20210301-175145.jpg

It went drastically down and even broke historical record low, at systolic level, which I thought was not even possible all these years.  Will this encourage me to continue running under current weather?  I am not sure.  I missed the cloudy windy days.

Edited by Black Kitten

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 36)

Weather was not in its best condition.  I didn't go running today because of heat and extremely dry weather.  I kept looking out of the window to assess the sky and  I suspect the sun is closest to the equator this month. Evening, I could smell haze and my floor is a bit dusty.   As I typed, I kept coughing non-stop.  My throat is dry and ticklish.  The cool and cloudy season has ended.  May be, it is time to take a rest and look for new shoes?   I think I might have problem sleeping in this weather but dawn is certainly very windy and cooling which i like.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.