Male HQ

3 Miles Journey - A story

Guest Black Kitten

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 84)

Today has a perfect weather. Cloudy and windy, and the running path was  empty. I ran 7km. Recently, I also noticed more women joggers as compared to guys I saw in the past.  Not something I would expect.   Here is the BP reading, an hour later...

Right Arm

IMG-20220607-182015

Left Arm

Left

• 2 weeks later...

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 85)

I have had a brief bout of anxiety yesterday, after recalling certain past events.  My heart had a brief flutter and I quickly took my BP.  It is to be expected...

IMG-20220616-195621.jpg

I decided to run today after taking a couple of days off. For me, it was a windy and enjoyable run. After covering 8 kilometers, I didn't feel tired at all. Due to the nice weather, I considered running 10 kilometers, but opted against it. Part of it was not trying to "show off" myself, and part of it was not wanting to make a precedent since since I have the tendency to constantly want to outperform the previous. Rather than testing my stamina, my goal is to run as a means to de-stress and decompress,  especially for someone who gets panic attacks every now and then and needs a type of "getaway" through jogging.  Here is my BP today:

IMG-20220617-211412.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 86)

I ran 8km yesterday and 7km today.  Today weather is cooling, it felt like mint blowing on my face.  I could have easily ran 8km today, but stopped at 7km due to heavy traffic (mostly bicycle riders).  Yesterday, I nearly fell over as a standing bike approached me. He was unable to control his tools. Today, I almost was hit from behind by a biker. I'm beginning to wonder if all of these riders are wearing blindfolds or have sight impairments.  I no longer have any respect for those who use the road carelessly and endanger pedestrians. Their desire for speed has interfered with their ability to think clearly. I referred to it as a public space invasion.  No one is safe. 

Edited by Black Kitten

• 2 weeks later...

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 87)

I had been exercising last week, but my temperature unexpectedly rose over the weekend. I assumed that the cause was weather heat. My body temperature didn't decrease the last two days after popping panadols.  My legs are also weak and I have no appetite for now.  

IMG-20220704-175343

Since Saturday, my throat has been itchy, and I have a very uneasy feeling. I performed an ART test today at home.

IMG-20220704-175944

My pulse rate. as usual, pretty high whenever I have a fever.

IMG-20220704-182351

I'll keep an eye on the situation because I haven't made up my mind to go to the clinic yet.

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 88)

For the first time since Pandemic,  I am sick. Who could have thought I will be the victim of Covit waves, despite taking good care of my health and doing regular running. Singapore is not a place where one can easily ran away from everything

The damage

medical

I  am completely drowsy after taking the strong prescriptions, and was advised to stay inactive for 2 weeks.

Heading to bed now.

Edited by Black Kitten

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 89)

It's been seven days since my covit. During the week, I slept the most of the night and in the afternoon. On Friday's ART-test, the double-red lines were still visible. Today, it only consists of a single line.

IMG-20220711-204011

This infection lasts considerably longer than my first, second, and booster vaccinations, which made me incredibly ill for the first two days. It wasn't a good experience, either way. I don't get sick frequently, and when I do, it hurt like hell and most home panadol fail to reduce my headache or lower my fever.

IMG-20220711-204508.jpg

I feel better now, but I still don't know what to do next. Liver Detox with Lemon Juice?

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 90)

I resume my running routine despite the fact that the medication, I was taking for the covit infection, left me feeling a little queasy. Thankfully, the weather wasn't too bad today.   After 7 kilometers, I was unable to catch up on my breath, but I'm hoping that the sweat would help my body reset itself, even if I've already dropped quite an amount of weight over the past week. 

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 91)

I managed to run 8 km today despite my reluctance because the weather was pretty enticing after jogging 7 km twice this week. After recovering from Covit, I wasn't confident of my endurance. On the bus, I occasionally still felt queasy, and I was still coughing at night. Plain water aggravates my cough, but hot milo and coffee help to sooth it.  

I guess I'm the only kitty who stuck around for so long. Many joggers have given up on the extra kilometres or just vanished without a trace. I have effectively "healed" my long-term hypertension by running, and despite my covit healing, I am not yet ready to stop.

BP this everning

heart.jpg

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 92)

I ran 8 km each day on Monday and Tuesday for a total of 16 km in the cool weather. I continued to cough my lung out after the run. My cough did not get better after my running regime. When I'm under stress, my cough gets worse. In the past, when I was young and under stress, I would frequently cough. I will cough as well if the workplace becomes too chilly or congested. When I'm under pressure to fulfill a deadline, I'll suddenly cough non-stop.  I had assumed that my regular jogging had already resolved the symptoms, but a recent covit infection has brought them back. I'll be taking a break to meditate for the next two days, and once my lung is at ease, my coughing should stop for a time. 

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 93)

I went around town this morning, limping for 5 hours, in my new office shoes half an inch smaller than my own feet.  I even chased after a bus.  Before I realised I was having blood clot in one of my toe nail, I went for a 7km run so that I can take a break on Friday, which is the beginning of 7th month.

My feet are still hurting as I write this, but I'll soon be giving the Salvation Army my brand-new business shoes. Anyway,  I am currently resting my feet and daydreaming while lying in bed.

IMG-20220728-180159

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 94)

Last week, I logged 30km in total. As mentioned above, a few of my toe nails had blood clots under them. I cut my nails and the blood spilled all over the floor.  No photos since it was too obscene for those with weak stomachs. After the blood is removed from my toe, the nails became dry and have no hold onto its meat and might pop at any moment.

Still,  I completed my un-interrupted distance of 8 kilometers today, which is the minimum per week.  Any additional runs I get in this week will count toward my daily activity goal.  LIke exam,  I am content with 50 out of 100 points, and any further points are a bonus.

Since the pandemic, I have grown to enjoy the bare breeze on my face, unmasked.  Air conditioning and fans do not make me feel as refreshed. Thus, my justification for running outside. But I'm also cutting back on my running because some regular elderly folks are staring at me strangely. Women were much more dramatic;  their gazes could kill an elephant. They couldn't picture themselves in my shoes and saw that my daily run was stepping outside of their comfort zone.  The Karen sort of environment is one with which we are all too familiar in modern culture.  Even when I stopped looking at them, they somehow made their presence felt quite effortlessly.

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 95)

Last week, I suffered my feet to attend an interview.  Today, I received reply of rejection, of which I simply deleted the message.  There is no need to write back, no thank you for their time nor opportunity given.  A rejection is part and parcel in my world and I have no feelings about it ,whatsoever. Usually, I moved on pretty quickly. Sometimes, quite happy for no particular reason.   Immediately,  I feel free to just put on my shoes and start running 8km, under the rain.   Next time, I will download this song, if I ever choose to run in the rain again...

Edited by Black Kitten

• 2 weeks later...

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 96)

This week's weather was a touch "extreme," and as a result I have roasted skin color.  I still managed to jog a total of 31 kilometers this week which include on Monday(8), Thursday (8), Friday (7), and Sunday (8).  . Due to a variety of factors, including an empty route, the fragrant fresh fruit coming from the trees, and listening to relaxing music, the aforementioned fit  under harsh weather is quite rare for my case.  But I ended very thirsty..

kickapoo.jpg

First time taking my BP while standing, with my arms dangling straight, left and right arms

left.jpg

right-1.jpg

I might take a break if the weather is bad again  next week.  Will see how, but time has already flown faster than my feet. 

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 97)

My feet were weak, but my will was strong on Monday despite of the heat. I ran 7km

Wednesday, the Sun played peekaboo on me.  Mostly boo, and I ran 7km "forcefully". 

Thursday, weather improved, but my leg muscles were sluggish after a 2-kilometer run; it seemed like I was carrying a ton of boulders. However, I persisted slowly and completed the 7-kilometer distance as normal.

In an effort to avoid a woman who often crossed path in my direction, I tried to take a new route today, ran 500 meters farther, and ended up covering 8.5 kilometers.  Going forward, I might have to accept the extra 500 meters distance, which can be pretty tiring. 

Total distance covered this week...29.5km.  I am really exhausted.

Edited by Black Kitten

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 98)

Due to the rainy weather this week, it's pretty much a rest week. On Wednesday, when the sky was a little clearer, I ran 7.5 kilometers. Today's weather was wonderful; I had expected rain, but it was just a little misty and cool instead. Everyone had remained inside, leaving the runway deserted. I took my time and jogged 8.5 km; as a result, I became entirely coated in my own perspiration and the air's humidity. Though I didn't anticipate the weather to be perfect for jogging this weekend, at least I managed to do 16 kilometers this week.

As the year is approaching wet season, I may spend more time indoor: .

Sit up gadget - $25 (Carosell) - can also serve as push up

Yoga mat - $8 (Carosell)

5kg dumbell - $14.00 (Cash converter)

Nothing fanciful, not gym quality, enough for basic workout on the budget.  

Edited by Black Kitten

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 99)

Over the past two days, I've experienced some discomfort in my bladder.  I felt bloated and frequently needed to urinate, but I had no idea what is causing it. The potato chips I purchased from Ikea last Thursday may have caused the inflammation, or perhaps "strange" fruits that my body wasn't yet ready to accept were to blame.

IMG-20220824-112814

After dinner,  I went for a 3km stroll to help cool down the heat in my bladder and got some craneberry juice just in case I had bacteria infection in my urinary track.

IMG-20220828-131407

Will monitor the situation closely and probably drink more plain water instead. 

Edited by Black Kitten

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 100)

I resumed jogging 8.5 kilometers today after doing 7.5 km on Monday. I tried to avoid a woman who kept coming into my path, and I took an extra 500 meters to change my entire regular route.  She was able to "track" me today on my new route, and I saw her heading in my direction. She is strange. Not because I dislike her or anything, but I didn't feel comfortable having a woman "enjoy" looking at me.   I wouldn't mind if he were a handsome man. 

On the other hand, I recall a Gurkha who was happy when we frequently crossed path during jogging (for about 2 years). The last time we crossed paths was 1 Jan 2022, running in the rain,  as recounted in (Part 83).  After that,  he went on a long hiatus because of a nearby development fully cutting off his path into mine.  We ran into each other three weeks ago at a mall in Paya Lebar, and even though we regard each other as familiar stranger,  he was taking his time right in front of us as we were doing our “shopping”.  We both felt like missing each other for a long time.  I find him quite cute, like a baby gorilla-smooth version.  

After completing 100 "chapters" of my  adventure, also realized that weekly  jogging had accelerated my aging process, and that my shoes were on the verge of disintegrating. I still have a plan in mind, and reducing my running is one of them.  The remaining week may not seem as important now that I have completed 16km at least.  I am now actively looking for job, unlike in the past, which may end my running completely if successful.

I am not complaining, I truly enjoy the feedom of jogging, to free mind and I am confident that by comparing my situation in Part 1, my health has greatly normalised as a result of hundreds of kilometers I have sweated todate.  

Edited by Black Kitten

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 101)

The monsoon season is almost approaching. The running ground quite empty.  I ran 8.5 km today and 8.5 km on a very overcast Friday, for a total of 33 km this week, including 7.5 km on Monday and 8.5 km on Wednesday.  The humidity was extreme, without sunlight, I was so fully drenched that I could just twist water out of my shirt.

It's a stretch to add another 500 meters in recent weeks.  Previously, I run 7 km, then ran the final 1 km which had two hills to attempt.  I now have 7.5 kilometers to run before the last hilly kilometer.   Going to expect more rain in the coming week, who knows, I might...just run in one of those days and call it quit or do a closing 10km in single day,  whichever is earlier. 

Edited by Black Kitten

• 4 weeks later...

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 102)

I ran 15 kilometers last week while exploring new route to avoid a partiular mob.  I discovered a fresh, unimpeded route that would allow me to run at least 7km which has a signboard that indicates the distance, Unlike in the past when  I simply guess how far I had run, say, 7 to 8 kilometers in 40 to 45 min.  The new discovery has no upper limit; depending on the strength of your breathing and leg muscles, you can run non-stop. Glad to have unlimited running area near my home, away from main road.    However, you will spend the majority of the time in the sun due tos sparse greeneries.  Last week, I developed sunburn on my arms just by running 7km on a single day.

I completed a 7-kilometer run yesterday and today in exactly 40 minutes, which is my normal comfortable pace. I haven't been running as frequently as I'd like recently, but I'll keep an eye on my blood pressure to prevent a return to hypertension-levels.

BP on sitting position

image.png.8bd8f0630609ffddee43f0adcccab643.png

BP on standing position

image.png.5e628d485ac43c3fa7fb74da21fa11ac.png

Drinking my coco coffee and thinking about many things now.

IMG-20220927-211710

• 2 weeks later...

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 103)

I bought a bottle of Minoxidil  over the weekend, to try out on my receding hairline. My BP went hyper instantly.  The first time I apply the serum, my Diastolic shot to 110 before it stablised at 70+.   I was nervous though I was aware of its side effect on some people.  

IMG-20221010-172323.jpg

IMG-20221010-135542.jpg

IMG-20221010-135702.jpg

IMG-20221010-192952.jpg

My body may need to adjust and adapt to the new regime of applying Minoxidil daily.   If after one month, and my BP remains high,  I may stop completely.   However, after running 7km today,  my BP returns to "normal" level.

IMG-20221010-193446.jpg

I will monitor the situation for a month or so. ..

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 104)

I've been running 7 kilometers, three times a week, and if the weather and my mood allow, I' may attempt 10 km once.

With regard to my new BP reading, compared to the past, when it typically drops below 60 and hovers around 55, my diastolic blood pressure has "improved" during the past week, primarily maintaining above 60 and occasionally above 70. I'm not certain if it was a coincidence that it happened after I administered topical Minoxidil on my scalp throughout the past week. My instincts told me it had played a role with my blood pressure.  If my Diastolic continuously stayed above 60 for the whole month, it has to do with the effect of Minoxidil, which might not be a bad news, if there is no other side effect.

image.png.2296e090fbd009aeabe043edf95249b1.png

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 105)

I completed 10 kilometers of running non-stop today, as I had promised, for the first time in my jogging history. I decided to attempt an additional 3 km after running my minimum mark of 7 km, because the sky was still overcast and there was a strong wind made of perfect weather.  My knees started to tighten at 8.5 kilometers, and I was afraid and began to count down to 9 kilometers. I wanted to slow down my speed after that, but my feet wouldn't give in out of concern that I could decide to quit at 9 kilometers.

Thereafter 9.5km posed a challenge since my perspiration had dried up and I was experiencing high body heat. However, once I saw the final 500m of the route, I knew I would succeed, which I did..  I was afraid I would pass out, throw up, or collapse at the destination, but I didn't. It all worked out well in the end.

Today I am really proud of myself. Will I give it another go? Hmmmm…. After my accomplishment today, I'm not so sure if I should make such an attempt again.  It was too drama for me.

Edited by Black Kitten

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 106)

As mentioned in my earlier post, when you did it once, you are likely to do it again.  I was guilty of such addiction.  I ran 10km again, on two consecutive days and then, I was in a state of daze.  I attribute it to the breezy, nearly air-conditioned weather. I might not have run a 10km stunt today if it had been a little bit sunnier. I should moderate my expectations going forward, because I'm not convinced it's a good idea to spread myself too thin. If not, one of two things might happen: either I ultimately stopped jogging, or I start pushing myself farther and farther—from 10 km to 12 km, and then...at unimaginable distance. To lower my LDL and Total Cholesterol was the first reason I started this thread.  

Clinical studies have shown that jogging or walking for at least 30 minutes each day is useful in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. My 40-minute jog of 7 km has already fulfilled this standard, therefore I shouldn't push myself too hard. Getting a foot massage is now in my bucket list. 

Edited by Black Kitten

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 107)

Last week, I covered a total distance of 40km over 4 days.  As a wrap-up for October 2022, I run another 10 kilometers today.  I won't be doing this 10-kilometer run on a regular basis.  Depending on my mood, the weather, and my breath, it is sometimes a little easier and other times a little more difficult. Normally, I run with my mind rather than with my feet.
As a result, to the amazement of some, I can run long distances and something which I discovered recently.  However....

Going forward, I have no plan for the next 2 months and there will be priority shift away from jogging.  As such, I am not certain if I will be able to maintain similar stamina, should I return to the jogging ground again. 

Drinking "Luo Han Guo" to cleanse my lungs.

IMG-20221024-173822.jpg

• 2 months later...

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 108)

My most recent run was over two months ago. During the two-month hiatus, I didn't eat a healthy diet since the Christmas and Chinese New Year treats were too alluring to resist. But today...I felt encouraged to shake off some "fat," not that I had ample to spare...so I retrieved my pair of running shoes. Other than getting my bi-valent shot, which knocked me off balance with backache..the heavy rainfall gave perfect excuses to keep me away from jogging.

I find it embarrassingly difficult to run 5 km without stopping three times because of leg cramps - quite badly (from my lower thigh to the tip of my toes).   It was quite unlike me of the past, where 7km is a breeze but now failed terribly. Something is wrong, but I'm still unsure of whether I want a reset and put my feet back on track again.  Still thinking about it after a long hiatus.....

Fortunately, despite the extended break, my blood pressure remains excellent, thanks to previous jogging that taught my heart preassure to normalize.

I also borrowed this book, a good read with easy recipe.  I threw it in my bucket list of books to purchase

.IMG-20230127-172134.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ryuki said:

Sorry very boring though..

You are the boring one, posting everywhere and on every topic within few hours.  Get a life and stop hijacking other people topics. 

• 3 months later...

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 109)

I was still quietly jogging for the past 5 months - cutting down to 14km per week or 21km max.  Reason being "Adrenaline Fatique".  I occasionally experience fainting spells upon getting out of bed or standing up. My blood pressure is still at a normal level, below 120/70. There is no longer the hypertension I had in my previous working years. Now, in contrast to the past, I regard myself as stable and collected if put in a hush situation. Regular jogging has been really beneficial, but my outlook on life has also altered to make me feel less afraid. I tend to spend less  (Part 110).  Occasionally, panic attacks do occur. It might be related to post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), which caused an apparently irreversible adrenaline spike. Adrenaline fatigue cannot be reversed by the body because  our body needs to accumulate adrenaline information as a defense mechanism so that human can remain alert. The sdie effect is what makes me feel uncomfortable and I may have to live with it....

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 110)

I was tempted to buy a pair of decent running shoes that were on sale for 60% off. Marathon runners have given the shoes a lot of favorable reviews.After years of jogging, my right foot developed a bunion since my current running shoes are not as wonderful as I had hoped.

On the other hand, I'm unsure if I'll keep running for very long, therefore due to a lack of storage space, I unwillingly resist the need to buy a nice pair of running shoes. Who knows, maybe I'll wind up buying something that will motivate me to run frequently and forget about my adrenaline difficulties.  It's as simple as looking forward to a huge size of a nice, non-sugary, cooling drink made of grass jelly that I kept a few in the refrigerator and ready to serve me after running for miles....

IMG-20230602-171759

Simple pleasure. 

• 2 weeks later...

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 111)

Started the first 7km run this week and may not be able to achieve 21km as per previous week.  I needed to increase my calorie intake because I was starving when I reached approximately 4 kilometers, but I persisted until I reached 7 kilometers. This has happened for about 2 weeks or so when I was running.   Additionally, I'm considering purchasing an active COQ10 Ubiquinone pill to help my body heal and regenerate.  On top of which, two more items in my bucket list, getting a new crown for one of my aging molars and by year end, another blood test to see any improvements in my health.  Will see how I can manage those wishlist this year before another round of GST hike on 1/1/2024.

Edited by Black Kitten

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 112)

It wasn't the best weather to run today, but I still did my 2nd 7km this week.  Nearly toasted and extremely dehydrated.  I managed to stock up 5 tubs of mixed Grass Jelly with Soya bean drink because it is cheaper. So refreshing to take this out of my fridge after miles of running.

IMG-20230616-171518-1

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh......

IMG-20230616-172748

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 113)

I've been drinking a lot of cold water and taking cold showers for the past two months. This week, I covered 14 kilometers. Usually, when I run 7 km, I don't keep track of the distance because there were directional signs available.  Out of curiosity, after hearing about a submarine that imploded at 3.5 kilometers beneath the surface of an ocean, I felt compelled to take the depth measurement. I started off by picturing myself as a submarine and then I jogged till the 3.5 kilometer mark. I have to admit, under straight unblocked road under bright sun, I had trouble seeing my starting point.  Now I knew exactly why trying to find the lost submarine at that level was challenging and the crews within, crushed under pressure.    Time to take my own blood pressure too.

Left arm sitting position

left

Right up standing position

right

• 2 weeks later...

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 114)

As I was attempting to finish my final tub of Grass Jelly Drink in the refrigerator, I just finished a total of 28 kilometers run this week. Additionally, I am planning to take a break to perform semi-annual housekeeping and also get one of my chipped molar teeth replaced (so that I may cross off a significant item off my bucket list).

Since I am cutting down on my outdoor activities,  I will be training indoor instead. Mostly sit up, push up and carrying dumbell and then take a short nap.  You might have guessed,   I've had a bad experience with a runner who almost always runs without opening his eyes and I can't take the stress. 

• 2 weeks later...

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 115)

Once in a blue moon, I'll experience mild to uncomfortable panic attacks. When that occurs, I will take my blood pressure reading while anticipating a pressure increase. I'm still working to identify the root cause of my panic attack problems. It is not something that can be accomplished by merely jogging miles for years, but rather something that is deeply ingrained in life and surrounded by uncontrollable outside forces, even how much we tried to avoid it.

r.jpg

IMG-20230716-150651.jpg

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 116)

Replace my molar, which was a terrible event due to the discomfort experiences and the sounds of the drill.  The first visit took an hour from molding to "cutting" my molar apart, and when the dentist dug in to clean the nerves, traumas began. Anesthesia was ineffective and the female dentist could feel my "pain" but I encouraged her to continue because I am used to being numbed by world affairs, let alone the sensitivity in the dentist chair.  It took me two visits to finalise the entire procedure of molar replacement. 

My next bucket list.....pray for more profitable adventure and protection because my occassional panic attack is not helping.  Recently my adrenaline rush was so strong it used up at least 70% of my energy, leaving me fatigued before I even started running.    

I find this very peaceful...

• 3 weeks later...

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 117)

I have stopped running regularly, and more slowly too.  As such, my fainting spell has improved.   I am beginning to learn what suits my BP level - maintaining Sys of not less than 110 and Dia of not less than 65 will keep me away from feeling dizzy when I climbed out of bed.  

After a long wait, my tummy began to show sign outside the healthy boundary, I decided to run 7 kilometers today.  It was a  beautiful and chilly weather and a quiet setting too (many people stay home thinking it was going to rain but I took the chance).   Due to the humid environment, my shirt was already soaked at the halfway point. I didn't feel thirsty after the 7 km run because the damp air I breathed quenched my thirst  After reaching home, I didn't drink anything.  

The slightly higher BP diastolic level prevented me from experiencing fainting spell when I suddenly stood up.

Left Arm
IMG-20230803-212032

Right Arm
IMG-20230803-212310

• 3 weeks later...

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 118)

I ran a total of 15km (Fri & Sat), under cool weather. After noticing that I was perspiring profusely, a middle-aged man spat in my direction for no apparent reason, believing that I was trying to "show off".   He was also running barefoot and occasionally topless. I've seen an elderly man do the same thing before, as if they were establishing their presence or marking territory in a public area.  Very stressful.  Anyway I am cutting down on my jogging to avoid angering senstive souls. 

In Singapore, fresh blueberries are quite costly; $10 will only get you one day nutrient the body needs.  Thus, I recently spent a little more than $10 on a blueberry supplement to assist lower the oxidative stress my body experiences from jogging. Each softgel is equivalent to 36 grams of blueberries and gave me 90 days of concentrated blueberries nutrients.  Smart right?

IMG-20230819-153122

• 4 weeks later...

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 119)

I run inside the Stadium today, because it was very quiet and I was alone.  I ran 12 rounds on Lane 8 or probably more because I have tendency of under-counting when I run around the stadium.  I love the moody feeling in the stadium,  just as I was moody because I didn't sleep well the night before.  I had nightmare ,  constantly being chased by evil people with lethal weapons, in all shapes and forms and set-up traps of gruesome kind - there was no escape, like a squid game.  I woke up feeling tired, and still feeling very tired after the 12 rounds running today.  I am going to sleep early today.

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 121)

This is my 2nd chance of trying out NATTO.  Many years ago, I threw up after a first try and discarded the rest into the trash bin.

Today, I am experimenting different method of eating NATTO without feeling the BLARGH..result.

First..

On top of the sauces that came with the pack,  I added Wasabi.

image.thumb.png.90ea07bc2ec30c902b4a816df55a22cd.png

To make it extra safe,  I added some Raisins.

IMG-20230919-121801

Still I needed to add something to kill the last smell, I sprinkle dried parsley leaves

IMG-20230919-121958

Then...I whipped...whipped, whipped and taste test....hmmmm

The fermented smell has diluted somewhat and I tried to finish the entire box.   

I opened a 2nd box for further experimentation.. This time, I decided to add just Sesame oil and sprinkle some chillie flakes to spice up a little.

IMG-20230919-123841

Taste test again....hmmmmm

The fermented smell completely washed out.  I ate without much difficulty though it is quite salty.  

Finally verdict.  

Sersame oil worked best in NATTO, no more smell.  Also, since NATTO is quite saltist, best is to eat them as side dish, especially with a bit of rice or may be placed them on a sliced cucumber, cut bell pepper...etc.  

I still have 4 more boxes left for experimenting until, hopefully, I get the acquired taste since NATTO was said to be healthy for the guts and heart. 

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 122)

This week's weather was unpreditable, but I still managed to jog 28 kilometers as I tried to consume all of the grass jelly drink I had stored in the refrigerator. I  also made a trip to Donki to get more NATTO.   I'm slowly getting used to the acquired flavor. Due to the robustly fermented Tea leaves, Puer Tea, unlike other teas, also contains prebiotic material.   Drink the tea after eating NATTO will increase prebiotic consumption by twofold.  Besides, Puer Tea is very cheap, $2 for 20 packs from local pharmacist shop. 

Tea time with NATTO again.

IMG-20230924-150016

Taking BP now.

IMG-20230924-212947

I have no other plan for next week and hope it rains tonight for me to cozy up in bed and...read some books.

• 2 weeks later...

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 123)

This week, after jogging 14km, I decided to stop due to slight body ache. No fewer though.  Next day, I had slight running nose and a bit of cough.  No fever.  

No abnormally in my BP, a bit low though.

IMG-20231001-153138

Without fever, the constant sneezing prompted me to do a Covit-19 test...here is the result

IMG-20231007-161903

4 booster shots didn't excempt one from getting covit-ed - twice.    Last year July, I was infected.  Today, I am being fucked again.   Luckily, I stlll kept the same medicines in my first aid box.   

Edited by Black Kitten

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 124)

It has been more than 3 days, and Covit virus is still inside me. doing its thing.  There is nothing I can do about it, no fever no medication needed with slight itchy throat,  but to wait....

IMG-20231010-142827

Edited by Black Kitten

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 125)

My Omron BP monitor broke down.  I bought a new cheaper Guardian version, made in GERMANY.  Do Germans considered boderline high BP as "NORMAL"? This is what the booklet says:-

image.jpeg.b330c351c8e21200747774e6d1d306e4.jpeg

The new gadget kept giving me a higher range reading as compared to the OMRON version.  May be this is the one doctor used in their clinic which explained why my 10 years historical BP profile , registered in HPB website,  was "abnormally" high.  It was only the past few years of jogging that kept my BP slightly lowered at consistent level.

Left and Right Arm

image.jpeg.044d9681568461820d3f24c8d1300cc3.jpeg

image.jpeg.f77423c2f9f941734f40a36de25f0605.jpeg

Took me a week to recover from Covit infection

image.jpeg.097086703642fc1968fa7699ade28332.jpeg

Edited by Black Kitten

• 4 weeks later...

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 127)

I have been running for the past few weeks, but  my distance reduced to 14 km from 21 km due to the rainy season.  I jogged 7 km in the rain today, in defiance of the weather.  With a steady wind blowing over my face, it was like running under an open shower, and the air was incredibly revitalizing for my lungs.  Even though I was soaked, I felt completely satisfied and purified by the heavy rain.  I took a nice bath at home immediately after reaching home and am getting ready for a good night's sleep.   Will I be running in the rain again?  Someday, may be.

• 1 month later...

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 128)

I ran 7km  today, which means a total run of 20km this week and another 3km walk on Wednesday.   Recently, I felt a constant mild electrical shock when I used my earpiece.  I change the new earpiece and the shock continues.  Very uncomfortable and quite painful.   Did my constant jogging build up electrical current on my body I wasn't aware of?   May be, I should try putting a lightbulb on my head and see if it lights up.  Joke aside,  I have no idea what to do next year.  Writting another health reference book (Part 2) - Part 79 - 81 above.  in addition to the one I have completed a year before?  One more week before 2023 ended.  Time flies and I wonder how many km I have convered all these years and probably beating Forrest Gump hands down. 

Merry X-mas!!

Edited by Black Kitten

• 2 weeks later...

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 129)

I had planned to get really wet on my 7-kilometer run today, so I thought I could run in the rain to start the year, but it was only a short drizzle before the sky brightened up.

This year, I intend to follow a more regimented routine and ready to write the "Health reference" book part 2 (after completed the first book in 2021)  and I am starting on a job hunt too because I am now more ready to move on with my life  instead of spending year after years jogging, non stop, trying to kill my PTSD and to normalise my BP.   Last year and the year prior and another prior year, I didn't actively pursue a job, but I'm not putting any pressure on myself for next couple months because I care very much about what I am choosing.  No point having a shitty boss and you reciprocate by giving them back your shitty services which is not the path I am willing to take.

Talk about job hunting, my BP went up a notch left and right arms.

IMG-20240102-221721.jpg

IMG-20240102-221830.jpg

Very therapeutic to write health reference book in the quiet of my personal space, away from noisy world outside.

IMG-20240102-215745.jpg

IMG-20240101-184527.jpg

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 130)

Panic attack, anxiety, brealthlessness on Saturday for no reason despite having completed 20km this week.

1a.jpg

1.jpg

Watching candle and listening to music to stay calm

IMG-20240106-184813.jpg

Sunday, taking PB again, still on the high side of the reading

2a

Than there is this rediculous out of wack reading, quite rare but still makes me wonder what went wrong. Probably machine rather than human erorr?  I try not to think too much over it.

ju.jpg

I just placed order for COQ10 and Cod Liver oil from Iherb.  Time to watch my diet again as I wasn't quite disclipled the last couple of months (Pig organ soups, Kway Chup, Mutton Soup, black chicken soup, penang laksa, you name it...etc). 

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 131)

At last, my BP returned to normal.  Intercoastal muscular strain was most likely the cause of previous high BP reading.  A few days earlier, I made numerous rounds carrying big pails of water, which cause some discomfort in my chest area.  Injury usually causes my BP to rise. 

Today I concluded my 21km run for the week.  It was like running beneath the breath of heaven on a cleared path, with a light minty atmosphere and a faint scent of freshly cut grass that made me feel as though I was quenching on Green Fanta through my nose.  The refreshing weather is “custom-made” for me to lift my mood.

IMG-20240111-180019.jpg

Another good news,  my pure Cod Liver oil and COQ10 arrived today. 

IMG-20240111-153217.jpg

Edited by Black Kitten

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.