Male HQ

Justice League Snyder Cut

Snyder Cut, will you catch it?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Looks pretty bad ass if you ask me. Very diffferent from the theatrical cut release 3 years ago. A friend shared this with me and I was shocked.

Backstory TLDR

- Man of Steel released. Massive earnings, but WB wasn't satisfied, comparing it with the earning of Marvel movies.

- DC Universe seen as a dark and gloomy, dull even (I disagree)

- Many studio cuts made to the next movie,  Batman vs Superman. Poor receptions in theatres. Ultimate cut is better.

- Plans for Man of Steel trilogy halted. Justice League 2 shelved.

- Justice League started filming. Zack Snyder's (director) daughter commited suicide, left movie.

- WB brought Avengers director Joss Whedon to finish the film. 90% reshoot. Tone of film changed.

- 2017 release was afrankenstein movie. No storyline, cheap jokes, disaster.

- #releasethesnydercut movement gain traction --> HBO Max has taken it up. 

- Justice League Snyder Cut to be released in 2021.

Thoughts? Will it be better? 

For sure... the present version .. I boycott. Rare for me being a DC and Marvel Fan. but.. Go Woke. Go Broke.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Guest Moviegoer
3 hours ago, justc said:

Looks pretty bad ass if you ask me. Very diffferent from the theatrical cut release 3 years ago. A friend shared this with me and I was shocked.

Backstory TLDR

- Man of Steel released. Massive earnings, but WB wasn't satisfied, comparing it with the earning of Marvel movies.

- DC Universe seen as a dark and gloomy, dull even (I disagree)

- Many studio cuts made to the next movie,  Batman vs Superman. Poor receptions in theatres. Ultimate cut is better.

- Plans for Man of Steel trilogy halted. Justice League 2 shelved.

- Justice League started filming. Zack Snyder's (director) daughter commited suicide, left movie.

- WB brought Avengers director Joss Whedon to finish the film. 90% reshoot. Tone of film changed.

- 2017 release was afrankenstein movie. No storyline, cheap jokes, disaster.

- #releasethesnydercut movement gain traction --> HBO Max has taken it up. 

- Justice League Snyder Cut to be released in 2021.

Thoughts? Will it be better? 

The trailer looks good. Wonder if it will be released in theatres here.  At least JL is more bearable to watch than Superman vs Batman which takes itself too seriously.  One thing a why Marvel movies are so successful is because they don't take themselves too seriously unlike DC movies (excluding WW and Aquaman) which are too dark or absurd that they alienate the audiences just like the recent work of a famous director...

Really... but it will have to be sometime later right if not how to make money at the cinema first

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

So far the rumor is.. it's 4 hours long!!!  hahah I hope so man.. I love long movies heheh

standard and taste of gays has never been so low! Gays are into fashion, lifestyle and high art. What snyder cut? Watching superhero movie is so childish. Where is the high art in this movie? The visuals are so boring and dark.

I thought Lady Gaga had taught the gay masses on what is high art through her visuals, music and materpieces yet some gays still like this snyder cut childish movie.

I urge you to watch what is High Art, Selena Gomez X Blackpink's Ice Cream video which is blowing up the charts and youtube!

3 hours ago, StockBottom said:

Thanks for the update... Thought it was to be a cinema release.. did not really pay attention to that bit when I saw some review including Angry Joe few days ago. I was so looking forward to a nice long cinema sit-down watch like when i go for some of the marathon shows hehehe Well if it is on cable or whatever.. I know where to get it to watch at home heh

It is amazing how much was filmed and not use just because of all the politics and ego at play while making this. It is great to see it all being used plus some reshot. I hope they do tweak all of Superman's mustache bits properly as someone was able to clear out the mouth region for Henry's face. heh

Can't stand this Joss Whedon. Use to think he does good work. Too much virtue signalling diversity BS.

Go woke. go broke.. which is why recently they retrenched 600 DC staff... too much silliness with Marvel and DC comics and movies .. and spilling over to PC/console games.

Edited by upshot

1 hour ago, doncoin said:

Looks like Dark Seid makes a cameo in the trailer. 

Ya a lot went on the cutting floor. He was actually in the movie, the younger self that is.... so much rewrite and re-edit.. what was shown was a disappointment.

Edited by upshot

10 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

standard and taste of gays has never been so low! Gays are into fashion, lifestyle and high art. What snyder cut? Watching superhero movie is so childish. Where is the high art in this movie? The visuals are so boring and dark.

I thought Lady Gaga had taught the gay masses on what is high art through her visuals, music and materpieces yet some gays still like this snyder cut childish movie.

I urge you to watch what is High Art, Selena Gomez X Blackpink's Ice Cream video which is blowing up the charts and youtube!

As boring as your taste in mainstream culture.

9 hours ago, jackrezal said:

Yep no theatrical release, only hbo. So looking forward to more Flash and the villains look so much better in the trailer so far! WW84 looks good too and Suicide Squad and hopefully that Black Adam.

same. the first trailer for WW84 though, so groovy. The people who made that trailer deseve a raise haha  

9 hours ago, upshot said:

Thanks for the update... Thought it was to be a cinema release.. did not really pay attention to that bit when I saw some review including Angry Joe few days ago. I was so looking forward to a nice long cinema sit-down watch like when i go for some of the marathon shows hehehe Well if it is on cable or whatever.. I know where to get it to watch at home heh

It is amazing how much was filmed and not use just because of all the politics and ego at play while making this. It is great to see it all being used plus some reshot. I hope they do tweak all of Superman's mustache bits properly as someone was able to clear out the mouth region for Henry's face. heh

Can't stand this Joss Whedon. Use to think he does good work. Too much virtue signalling diversity BS.

Go woke. go broke.. which is why recently they retrenched 600 DC staff... too much silliness with Marvel and DC comics and movies .. and spilling over to PC/console games.

You have the option to watch it as a 4 hr movie too! Not sure if I can survive through that though. 

Yeah man, I feel u on that. I remember when I watched the theatrical release, I was so confused as to what a frankenstein product that movie was. It was visually not too bad, but the soundtrack, character development/storyline, dialogue were all just confused. Joss brought in weird new scenes like:

1. Flash landing on Wonder Woman's boobs

2. Awkward Martha and Louis interaction (where Martha 'accidentally' says Clark called Louis a thirsty woman --> another sexual innuendo ..)

3. The ridiculous Dostoyevsky thing with flash..

Actually, the mustache work need not be re-done. Coz all the mustache scenes were reshoot by Joss (of which Zack Snyder has said he won't be using a single frame from Joss's re-shoots). No that's a relief. 

600 😰

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, mate69 said:

sounds like its something only for millennials

hehe well then someone in my 50s age group should not be watching then heheheheh..

4 hours ago, justc said:

same. the first trailer for WW84 though, so groovy. The people who made that trailer deseve a raise haha  

You have the option to watch it as a 4 hr movie too! Not sure if I can survive through that though. 

Yeah man, I feel u on that. I remember when I watched the theatrical release, I was so confused as to what a frankenstein product that movie was. It was visually not too bad, but the soundtrack, character development/storyline, dialogue were all just confused. Joss brought in weird new scenes like:

1. Flash landing on Wonder Woman's boobs

2. Awkward Martha and Louis interaction (where Martha 'accidentally' says Clark called Louis a thirsty woman --> another sexual innuendo ..)

3. The ridiculous Dostoyevsky thing with flash..

Actually, the mustache work need not be re-done. Coz all the mustache scenes were reshoot by Joss (of which Zack Snyder has said he won't be using a single frame from Joss's re-shoots). No that's a relief. 

600 😰

Well, it should be good. I like movie marathons heheh... And I have been to a few. Apart form the toilet breaks,just a nice time to watch a whole series unfold with some good snack s and drinks with like-minded fans. I almost forgot all about it once the whole "Release the Synder" on the internet erupted heheh.. So it is finally here as the news is starting up again. Now I just do not want to see too much review or snippets of it so I can enjoy that movie totally with all the add on cuts..etc

5 hours ago, justc said:

As boring as your taste in mainstream culture.

?? Sorry. Lady Gaga's high art high concept album especially ArtPop is not mainstream culture! What is MSC are all these superhero movies which are covers to promote American propaganda!

Superman in black garb... sexy as hell....

18 hours ago, upshot said:

hehe well then someone in my 50s age group should not be watching then heheheheh..

age is just a number 😉

10 hours ago, upshot said:

Superman in black garb... sexy as hell....

💯

Guest Meanly Preacher
On 8/28/2020 at 12:53 PM, upshot said:

Can't stand this Joss Whedon. Use to think he does good work. Too much virtue signalling diversity BS. Go woke. go broke .. which is why recently they retrenched 600 DC staff... too much silliness with Marvel and DC comics and movies .. and spilling over to PC/console games.

You really need to stop typing things like this in topics that have nothing to do with politics. Also if there is no diversity, we would never see any Asians in Hollywood movies, and we actually need more Asian representation on the international silver screen as it is.

The problems with Justice League have nothing to do with politics. The issue is that Warner Brothers, and DC Comics itself for that matter, have too much Marvel Envy. They keep trying to imitate Marvel instead of representing the DC characters as themselves. It wasn't always like this. Superman was a historic game-changer in comic books, live action television, cartoons, and movies under creative teams being true to the character. But the people running Warner Brothers wanted to make him more like a Marvel character.

DC super-heroes have traditionally done better than Marvel in radio, live action television, cartoons, and even the Superman and Batman movies from the 1970s through the 1990s. Marvel flipped the script with X-Men, Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man, and the MCU. DC still dominates television with the Arrowverse programs however. The executives at Warner Brothers need to see that as a sign to simply let the DC super-heroes be who they are and stop trying to copy Marvel. The two companies each have their own audiences.

Anyway it looks like the Zach Snyder cut of Justice League will be better than the Joss Whedon hodgepodge and hopefully sparks a DCEU reboot. The DC movies really need to just follow the television templates and be true to the comic versions of the characters.

18 minutes ago, Guest Meanly Preacher said:

You really need to stop typing things like this in topics that have nothing to do with politics. Also if there is no diversity, we would never see any Asians in Hollywood movies, and we actually need more Asian representation on the international silver screen as it is.

The problems with Justice League have nothing to do with politics. The issue is that Warner Brothers, and DC Comics itself for that matter, have too much Marvel Envy. They keep trying to imitate Marvel instead of representing the DC characters as themselves. It wasn't always like this. Superman was a historic game-changer in comic books, live action television, cartoons, and movies under creative teams being true to the character. But the people running Warner Brothers wanted to make him more like a Marvel character.

DC super-heroes have traditionally done better than Marvel in radio, live action television, cartoons, and even the Superman and Batman movies from the 1970s through the 1990s. Marvel flipped the script with X-Men, Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man, and the MCU. DC still dominates television with the Arrowverse programs however. The executives at Warner Brothers need to see that as a sign to simply let the DC super-heroes be who they are and stop trying to copy Marvel. The two companies each have their own audiences.

Anyway it looks like the Zach Snyder cut of Justice League will be better than the Joss Whedon hodgepodge and hopefully sparks a DCEU reboot. The DC movies really need to just follow the television templates and be true to the comic versions of the characters.

Agree to disagree but I do not agree with your view on the state of handling for comic and movie direction in the Dc and Marvel universe. You do not do diversity for diversity sake. Its tokenism mixed with inter sectionalism simply because you can not be original and work your ass over the years to built those character so you act like a cry baby to try to extort your way thru to TAKE OVER. Lazy. Uncreative. Unqualified. That is not talent. And I am too old school to accept that as fair practices. after following this for years. The push back is coming....

Edited by upshot

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Meanly Preacher

I don't undestand your constant complaints about diversity. Who wants to live in a world where the only characters they see in the media are straight white Faux-Christian males? No thanks! I am Asian and gay and I enjoy seeing and being around people of multiple races, genders, and orientations. Welcome to the 21st Century.

Also where is Justice League doing diversity for the sake of diversity? Wonder Woman is a charter member and one of DC's Big Three. Cyborg is more associated with the Teen Titans but he was first added to the Justice League starting in 1984 with their Super Powers cartoon. The other movie members are basically white men.

16 hours ago, Guest Meanly Preacher said:

I don't undestand your constant complaints about diversity. Who wants to live in a world where the only characters they see in the media are straight white Faux-Christian males? No thanks! I am Asian and gay and I enjoy seeing and being around people of multiple races, genders, and orientations. Welcome to the 21st Century.

Also where is Justice League doing diversity for the sake of diversity? Wonder Woman is a charter member and one of DC's Big Three. Cyborg is more associated with the Teen Titans but he was first added to the Justice League starting in 1984 with their Super Powers cartoon. The other movie members are basically white men.

You don't read or research much about what's going on do you? Google and YouTube...put in keywords like Tokenism, Go woke go broke in Hollywood movies...then expand it from there. Should find a lot as the truth is starting to turn this day with more and more so called sure fire flopping when they FORCE you to take changes to original characters. I am ALL FOR DIVERSITY and ORIGINALITY... so, get them to do fresh start character.. why got to threaten and use cancel culture to take over characters long establish and well written and change it against the will of fans. The good news is people are about had it with this and rebelling. How do you like it if one of your favorite star in a TV show or movie that you love for so long and sudden they change it to reflect more diversity? And that change is slowly but surely getting into real life too. You lose a job or promotion because too many Chinese in the company, they want to let other races to take the lead.. EVEN if you are more qualified but hey, there is now a QUOTA...merit do not count but skin color. You see where this is going? It's beyond movies today already and there is a trend going in the West and the bounce back is getting louder and people who have kept quiet like me and starting to stand up. Diversity that is being promoted to day is not about being fair. It is about the losers finding shortcut and ways to get to the top with working hard without being smarter and it is all down to your skin color. That is what is happening. What we thought would not happen is already happening in the west and our young are being influence by this and why not? Shortcut and less work to get what we want.

You talk about Wonder woman? You read the article on a black wonder man and over weight that was put on a comic cover? AND it s was so badly drawn and yes they have to praise it because it was a black artist who did it. With no reputation or nothing but because of the color of her skin and Black Lives Matter...they prop her up like she is the greatest artist ever. Are you catching up on the news about all the shit that is happening now in the US leading up to the election? A black person can do no wrong; looting, robbing, riot, arson, rape and kill but it is all justified as their forefathers were slaves. Not them. Their forefathers and that is enough for them to want reparation. Money. If you think one small act can not have a ripple effect over time, you are truly a simpleton. The white guilt and shouting down they use is the tactic over sitting down to rationally discus this but they don't. Go watch all the democrat BLM protest and see how many you can see them sit to talk about things that make sense. All the problems y9ou see happening now over there are happening in Democrat States.

All that love peace and joy to the world is nothing but a smoke screen half the time and it is only going to get worst and like it or not, it has an impact here in one form or another.

And out of nowhere, THE ROCK DWAYNE JOHNSON just endorsed Biden/Kamala...WTF. He is catching a lot of flack for this now. HE is almost untouchable in Hollywood being the highest earner last year. He is so "relevant: he does not need to GO WOKE or pander to the politicians but something sure has got him make that plastic Hollywood endorsement just days before the big National Debate.

Sorry I have no time to UNPACK this all for you as this is more than two decades of building up leading to today and I have no time to debate with you. It's done. The push back is coming and you will get to see this happening if you start to follow the news.. So no need for me to say much. You really care about things that are precious to you, go use keyword on YouTube to find them. Social Medias like google, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube are all left wing owned just like Hollywood and a lot of print media news companies, and they do their best to be bias against the right to the point they want to play dirty. The want to take the US Presidency, at all cost, and they have use even COVID19 to damage the country to cripple the election at the expense of people. I don;'t need to tell you, you can find and research if I am crazy or not.

Ya we in Singapore so far, like nothing will happen wat. By the time it does, it is too late. You think Dem are pro-Gay? Pro-Diversity? Think again. But its entertaining too in a way, and we get to witness this all. heheh....

Anyway.,,... JUST TAKE THIS ALL AS THE RANTING OF A MAD MAN LAH...whatever helps you to sleep at night. heheh

Just a sample....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk_j9WA4nuo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PzmQqq96bA

Edited by upshot

Guest Meanly Preacher

You really need to step away from the American right wing media. Do you really think the people behind those websites have any affection for you, me, or any other Asian? Get real! Why are you so worked up about artists doing different versions of fictional characters? It doesn't matter what race they are because they aren't real! At the end of the day, a fat Wonder Woman of any race is a silly concept, and I won't waste one second of my time thinking about it, but if it gains the artist more fat fans of any race, good luck to him or her.

A while back there was a discussion in one of these threads about Marvel suddenly turning Iceman gay even though he's had more than 50 years of X-Men history in which he has obviously been straight. You didn't complain about that or call it tokenism. DC also created an "alternate version" of the original (Golden Age / 1940s) Green Lantern (Alan Scott) and not only made him gay but also a rice queen with a Chinese boyfriend who was killed and now returns to advise him as a spirit ("Vanishing Son" says "hi"). That's dumb as well.

The problems of Hollywood or Marvel or DC have nothing to do with politics. A fear of failure is the problem. The races and sexualities of super-heroes are being changed, not due to politics, but because stale corporatism is smothering creativity. Filmmakers and artists often think up new characters but the studios and comic book companies won't approve them because they are afraid of losing money. That is why so many movies are remakes of old movies and comic book characters are having their races and sexualities changed.

• 5 months later...

I finished watching it in 2 sittings. Too long but it is much more comprehensive than the theatrical cut. I enjoy the longer action sequences, like when Stepphenwolf battle the Amazons, or when Mera fought him and tried to "blood bend" (Avatar- Last Air Bender) to get rid of him. 

Visually, it is much darker and more moody, and I think long as it is, it worked well. Too bad, we will never get to see a Deathstrike movie. 

Love. 

• 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.