Male HQ

Why Is Mee Pok More Popular Than Mee Kia? A Though Provoking Debate.

Guest Guest

I do not understand this at all. I did a survey among my fellow directors in my company. 7 directors prefer meepok vs 2 directors who prefer mee kia.

We are living in an image concious society where thin is beautiful and fat is ugly. But the fact that more people eventhough they are highly paid directors who earn much more than the average sg, they prefer the fatter noodle Meepok.

This simple analogy threw what we percieve beauty as. It can potentially change the way how humans connect emotionally. It can turn the beauty industry, movie industry, model industry and fashion industry upside down!

Because of this careful and insightful observation, the healthcare industry, gym industry, workout cloths industry, sport shoe industry, bicycle industry, coaching industry, olympic industry, health food industry may all cease to exsist!

Do we secrectly want to be fat? Do we habour secret disire to eat fried food and ice crean whole day instead of working out in the gym?

What are your thoughts in this sensitive and insightful topic? I await your smart analaysist 

Guest poking fun

Because poking has always been more popular than bad designed Korean cars...

Simple as that...

There is nothing better than really good Mee Goreng in Indonesia or Malaysia (rural parts), in Singapore it is very very hard to find some Mee Goreng coming close to what they can do in those countries. Worst, when in Singapore they splash this ready made supermarket style Chili sauce mix into the noodles at start before they mix the noodles. Kills the whole dish.

Looking at your thread, I find the discussion on the whole issue very petty and sticking to small tiny issues in life.

As to my best knowledge, the portions of these noodle dishes in the past years are getting smaller and smaller, there is nothing to gain weight from eating such noodle dishes. Plus the difference of unhealthier fat content might be so minimal, even the laboratories at A*STAR would have problems to digest the difference.

I just wonder what would happen to you, if one of your co-Directors ordered a Ramen soup with extra egg and extra pork... Oh, no, I just don't even want to imagine...

Isn't this thread prone to be moved to the Blowing Wind Imperial Kitchen section???

3 hours ago, Guest poking fun said:

Because poking has always been more popular than bad designed Korean cars...

Simple as that...

There is nothing better than really good Mee Goreng in Indonesia or Malaysia (rural parts), in Singapore it is very very hard to find some Mee Goreng coming close to what they can do in those countries. Worst, when in Singapore they splash this ready made supermarket style Chili sauce mix into the noodles at start before they mix the noodles. Kills the whole dish.

Looking at your thread, I find the discussion on the whole issue very petty and sticking to small tiny issues in life.

As to my best knowledge, the portions of these noodle dishes in the past years are getting smaller and smaller, there is nothing to gain weight from eating such noodle dishes. Plus the difference of unhealthier fat content might be so minimal, even the laboratories at A*STAR would have problems to digest the difference.

I just wonder what would happen to you, if one of your co-Directors ordered a Ramen soup with extra egg and extra pork... Oh, no, I just don't even want to imagine...

Isn't this thread prone to be moved to the Blowing Wind Imperial Kitchen section???

the gist is not about noodles but about life in general. What you think its what people think is beautiful is not actually what society defines beautiful.

Curry chicken mee and wanton mee use meet Kia. Fish ball and mince pork noodles more popular with me pok lovers.

青菜萝卜各有所好。

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

7 hours ago, Since u r here said:

i have alwys ordered using mee kia, although i m ok w Meepok too

good to discuss this in the Food dept

I like Teochew fishball mouse noodles. Easy to suck in,

4 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

Mouse?? 🐭粉?but not all stalls may have that

Most have. The authentic Teochew noodle stall will have.  Sometime, I buy a packet and make msyelf at home with fishball soup. Cheaper.

Guest poking fun
5 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

the gist is not about noodles but about life in general. What you think its what people think is beautiful is not actually what society defines beautiful.

Look. you come with this very simplistic example of noodles dishes to discuss beauty concepts in men or the society and put it into the context of healthy lifestyles.

Making a link between beauty, slimness or overweight or excess weight and gym visits to Directors choosing a noodle dish seems already very extremely weird to me.

You could have simply asked : Why do men frequent gyms if they still prefer to eat fattening food.

There are societal views on beauty and health the same as both tend to differ considering each one's  very personal views.

Everyone's personal perception on beauty may differ very much.

The same as frequenting a gym might not be everyone's dish.

It is common knowledge, humans in better off circumstances and being in the middle class tend to overeat and put on weight.

Just look at the common Singaporean and look at the Singaporean kids.

Society has changed views on beauty over time. Just look at Rubens and his paintings of fat people. but that was considered attractive in those times.

Not forgetting even our society has different perceptions on beauty. An Indian man might find that type of woman more beautiful than another...

The whole story might even be different with gays, as their view on beauty might differ much from general views of straight people and they tend to take more focus on fitness and slim shapes.

Your weird starting point caused people to respond to your thread in a comical sense.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.