Male HQ

Skin Tag Removal (Compiled)

Guest wantToknow

I removed 2 at the side of my body, below my armpit. It is a very simple procedure, any General Practitioner will be able to do it.

Depending on the wound, it might/might not need a couple of stitches, but overall it is painless and inexpensive.

Don't worry about it, just get it done.

Guest wantToknow

I read many forum and many says GP can do it...but I just called a few....none can do it...

so exactly where can i do it? can anyone share a clinic and the price?

I am the same person that posted the 2nd post (1st reply).

$75 per skin tag is still very expensive!

My father had a lot of skin tags (20+) and had many of them removed in a GP in Johor for about RM 200+ only. I guess it is hereditary, as my body had 2 noticeable ones I removed, and a few more small ones have appeared.

I removed 2 skin tags + consultation for only $30 at a neighbourhood clinic in Woodlands. Don't remember which one, it was 3-4 years ago.

The cost depends on the treatment method I guess. The skin tag can be cut off with a surgical knife or frozen off with liquid nitrogen/ice spray etc. NSC is probably very expensive because they use the latter methods.

Look around for a GP that will do the surgical procedure, it will be much cheaper.

If your skin tag is big or long enough, you can use a string and tie a tight dead knot around it to cut blood supply and kill it. This would take a few weeks and the skin tag will turn black and shrink gradually. In most cases, it will drop off by itself but if you are impatient, you can snip it off with a pair or sterilized scissors, feels just like ant bite.

• Guest locked this topic
  • 11 months later...

I have tried string to suffocate the skin tag before. Its very effective, easy, hassle free and painless if I remember correctly. Either the tag will drop off immediately for smaller one, or a few days for bigger one).

I have used nail clipper before for skin tag near my eyes. Cant manage to use string method. have bought tweezer trying to cut off the blood supply but the end is too thick accomplish the goal. I took quite some time to execute the procedure using nail clipper. Just not brave enough to press the nail clipper. I have tried it on my raised moles using nail clipper. quite a lot of blood. considered successful. still got a bit of raised skin but no more black in color. I only used hand antiseptic to disinfect the nail clipper.

Edited by mantin30

i got one few yrs ago under my arm area... wash it everyday and move it around while bathing... after a week or so it became loose and drop... saw online abt using string and stuff but afraid of infection cz involve blood....

vroom vroom

39 minutes ago, Guest Skin said:

Any folks self help remove skin tag.Youtube.com show cutting and using string to suffocate of blood.Any try

skin%20tag_005_342.jpg

Best to nib this in the bud ( pun intended) then when it grows too big like the one I use to have on my right leg which grow to a marble size. I got fed up and just tie sewing thread on it at the base which is just a 3 mm link from leg to the ball of skin. That cut off the blood circulation and it start to die. I kept it clean and it over a month swivel up and dry up to a hard ball and one day I was getting off a chair and it got caught and snap off near the base if it closer to the skin on my leg.

But the best way to do this... go see a doctor and cut it off. I wish I did that and had to live with it for more then 10 yrs as it grew. I have another near my neck. This time I took a nail clipper and nip it off. Hardly any blood and did not really feel it as i nip it but just a tiny pin prick for just a second.

It is more your fear than the pain you think you will get from it.

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

• G_M unlocked this topic

By the way, because the one on my leg was like a marble attached by skin tissue it dangles and jiggles when i walk and when i wear bemudas you would think my ball sac was showing and I have small balls heheheh... that is why it gotten before i took action.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

• G_M changed the title to Skin Tag Removal (compiled)

I had the same issue near my eyelid.  I did some googling and research and came across this cream called DermaTend.  I cannot seem to find it anywhere in Watson or Guardian.  Seems like have to go to those bigger pharmacy.  Read alot of good reviews on it so far online and on youtube. 

Well if anyone come across this DermaTend, please do share here.  :) cream   DermaTend

• HendryTan changed the title to Skin Tag Removal (Compiled)

Skin tags can be removed naturally.  Soak a small cotton wool ball in apple cider vinegar, place it over the tag and put a plaster over it...replace the soaked cotton wool every 12 hours for 4 days....the tag will naturally fall off and the skin left almost perfectly smooth without surgery.

Guest Loo Soo Kiat
8 hours ago, AngMoh Andy said:

Skin tags can be removed naturally.  Soak a small cotton wool ball in apple cider vinegar, place it over the tag and put a plaster over it...replace the soaked cotton wool every 12 hours for 4 days....the tag will naturally fall off and the skin left almost perfectly smooth without surgery.

I don't think this will work. If so easy to be removed, doctors won't need knife and lasers to remove. Tags are permanent growths, not temporary swelling that can be made to subside within days.

• Guest locked this topic
  • 1 year later...

Where is the location of the skin tag? Removal of skin tags at normal places like back of elbows etc can be done in selected polyclinics which are capable of performing simple day surgeries etc. It shouldn't be too expensive but they will need you to return for a follow up check after a week or so. If the skin tags are at the anus area, polyclinics may refer you to the hospital for further checks such as colonoscopy becasue there may be concerns that the anal polyps are extensions of further polyps growing inside your colons, esepcially if you happen to be above 50 years old when people are at higher risk of colon cancer. Otherwise, there are also some skin tag removal creams out in the market, but I recall they need to be mostly imported from overseas such as USA.

17 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Thank you... its in my neck region.... did not know that polyclinics do skin tag removal...you mentioned selected... can share which poly clinic? Thanks

https://www.nhgp.com.sg/Our_Services/General_Medical_Services/Minor_Procedures/ But the information of the website is not 100% accurate.

You can call up the appointment line and ask which polyclinics do "Minor Procedures", and request for one which is either nearest to you or have an earliest appointment time.

Alternatively, you can do a search for it yourself using your SingPass, since they are trying to let people find the best appointment times for yourself now.

Doctor consultation and minor procedures are usually done on different days. There are usually limited minor procedures time slots. In any case, you still must go through the doctor consultation first.

I did twice - once at clinic, once at poly - Poly will refer you to NSC and the overall cost ended up to be A LOT (few hundred dollars). I totally regretted going through poly. Can just go to a normal clinic which offers this. It's a 5-minute procedure.

3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I did twice - once at clinic, once at poly - Poly will refer you to NSC and the overall cost ended up to be A LOT (few hundred dollars). I totally regretted going through poly. Can just go to a normal clinic which offers this. It's a 5-minute procedure.

I just saw your post.

Thank you very much for this advice. 

I have a small skin-tag on my 大腿。Long wanted to get rid. I will choose to go clinic. 

11 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Can advise which clinic you went to? 
dont polyclinics do by themselves... read that they do minor procedures

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi. I have about 20 skin tags on my neck.. small ones... went to poly clinic but they do only 3 at anyone time... referred me to NSC but not subsidized... i want to get rid but cannot afford the high cost... anyway.. and recommendation below $400. Thank you

You will want to apply a liberal amount (1-2 drops) of DoTERRA Oregano Oil directly to the skin tag (or other harmless overgrowth). Oregano has antiseptic and antispasmodic properties. When applied topically, Oregano serves both as a cleansing and numbing agent. You may experience initial irritation, as described previously, when applied initially (this should subside within a couple of minutes). Repeat few days. 

Note: oregano is super hot oils, please highly DILUTE with carrier oils when apply. Alternatively, can use doterra tea tree. 

• 2 months later...
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Guest 淫贱叫哇

(thanks G_M)

Anyway....I dont dare to blow. The guy was upset but I don't want to risk.  How do I know if it is tag or warts?

The development was a bit weird. First we were at the living room.  He said people could see us (I looked out the window, no buildings close to us), so proceeded to room. Once in the room, I can see buildings through the window (chances of being watched higher). 

He switched off the lights.  When I requested to on the lights so I could see his cock, he said he wants to be dark.  For a long time I didn't blow him, so he said, ok, you can see using handphone.  Then he took a long time to do some settings and finally shine a violet light instead of the touch light.

I took a very long look and saw the "tags" (or warts!!!).  So I honestly asked him. He said that's just a normal growth.

Err....will you proceed?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.