Male HQ

Compression Clothes Help!

Wapper

Im trying to hit up the gym more often and bought some Nike compression shirt however I dont really know how a compression shirt is supposed to feel like. I got 2 different sizes to try, the smaller one feels tight but idk how tight a compression shirt is supposed to be? The larger one feels more fitted but not tight. Can anyone help me out? 

I was thinking more of using the compression shirt for faster recovery but I get what you mean cause it will be ugly. But is compression shirt supposed to be extra extra tight? I feel like it’s more tight than the normal shirt I wear

22 minutes ago, Wapper said:

I was thinking more of using the compression shirt for faster recovery but I get what you mean cause it will be ugly. But is compression shirt supposed to be extra extra tight? I feel like it’s more tight than the normal shirt I wear

Do you feel resistance? Uncomfortable? If you feel it then don't make yourself uncomfortable. But if you feel it tight and feels kinky by all means. 

It’s a good tight I guess cause it feels like it’s compressing my chest and arms but since I just started working out recently I’m just scared that the smaller compression shirt won’t fit me in the future since it kinda fits well now and it’s expensive too 😭

4 hours ago, bear67532 said:

I think its a myth (for me at least) that compression clothes can help recovery. 

Yea i heard that too. Most of them say it is just for that aesthetic look. 

I do think compression tights to wear underneath your shorts works better to avoid abrasions :)

However for me compression wear gives me more boost when working out in the gym (it’s a physiological thing haha) 

Try to buy one size bigger if you are confident that you’ll get bigger after working out. But other than that it is fine to wear the same size as what you normally wear for your normal tops. It is meant to be tight, so long you can still move your hands. 

6 hours ago, Wapper said:

why so? 

Because it doesnt work for me. So thats anecdotal evidence on my part. It has been heavily marketed to support sports performance but i think its just marketing only. There is very little evidence it supports, perhaps just bragging rights for those who have big muscles. 

Compression shirts are supposed to be tight. If you dont want it to be tight than why even buy compression shirt? They are very elastic however so even when you grow slightly bigger you should still fit in and looks more like a bak zhang but some people like the looks of muscle bak zhang. I think i buy too much of the compression shirt last time. It feels so hot in normal temperature but i feel better using it to exercise and sweating in it. But nowadays lost the interest in wearing it as wearing it takes too much time and effort.

On 9/9/2020 at 8:11 AM, Wapper said:

It’s a good tight I guess cause it feels like it’s compressing my chest and arms but since I just started working out recently I’m just scared that the smaller compression shirt won’t fit me in the future since it kinda fits well now and it’s expensive too 😭

The smaller u can sell it at ebay or carousell be prepare u might get offer cheaper than what u paying. Atleast its not be going to be white elephant and u can gain some money back to top up to but a new ones.

• 3 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.