Male HQ

Blowing Wind Annual Upgrade 2020

HendryTan

Thanks @HendryTan and team!!

Looks new and refreshing!  (Initially it was slow, but I think there was a quick fix just a little while ago)

Thanks for the upgrade!!  :) 

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

11 minutes ago, Max2020 said:

Using android mobile. Cant find my account and profile in the right hand top corner. Cant see my inbox. Thx

Same for me on the mobile site. 

Otherwise the forum looks nicer than before 

You’re not alone. If you’d like to speak to someone, help is available at the following centres:

Samaritans of Singapore (SOS) 24-hour Hotline: 1800 221 4444 or pat@sos.org.sg.
Institute of Mental Health’s 24-hour Hotline: 6389 2222
Care Corner Counselling Centre (English and Mandarin): 6353 1180
Singapore Association for Mental Health: 1800 283 7019

Guest Try and see
1 hour ago, Max2020 said:

Using android mobile. Cant find my account and profile in the right hand top corner. Cant see my inbox. Thx

1 hour ago, hahaha said:

Same for me on the mobile site. 

Otherwise the forum looks nicer than before 

In your mobile browser, click the 'Desktop site' option, then you'll see it  😀

Guest Try and see
5 minutes ago, ianteh said:

Pls share where to find the desktop option on mobile.  Thanks.

For my phone, find the icon with the three vertical dots.

When you click on it, you will see a "Desktop site" option:

20200913-102842.jpg

Then check the box: 

20200913-103000.jpg

That should do the trick.

37 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Thank you BW for this upgrade.  It has a positive effect.  

Maybe I haven't reset everything,  but I find that in the personal posts the "edit" field is missing.

aiyo, y so louzy

3 dots on e right of post got edit wat

8 minutes ago, Jsoo6868 said:

Anyone can help .. I m using IPhone and open in safari .. I could not found 3 dot coz I want to change to desks top site .. how .? Advance in thanks 

For iPhone it’s not the 3 dots you need to find. Look for the “AA” icon on the left side of your URL address bar and tap on it. It should show the option for desktop/mobile site. 

Be cool, like a breeze...

3 minutes ago, Coolbriz said:

For iPhone it’s not the 3 dots you need to find. Look for the “AA” icon on the left side of your URL address bar and tap on it. It should show the option for desktop/mobile site. 

Yes I do change/ request to desktop and refresh it still the same ... sorry bro to disturb u 

79696EF3-749E-429E-A420-5F1F03F717E2.jpeg

12 hours ago, HendryTan said:

1.  We just did our BlowingWind Annual Forum Version upgrade.

Our Forum Software Provider just released this as a Major Upgrade.

• A brighter UI with more saturation & contrast and simpler overall color scheme
  • Improved typography
  • Better, more consistent, spacing around and between elements, especially on mobile
  • Better logical grouping of sections of each page
  • Reducing underutilized links/buttons on the page and finding alternative ways of making them available
  • Improving how post states are displayed

2. There is also a lot of unseen underlying software version upgrade.

The forum developer has indicated that it will be phasing out older historical browsers as well.

3. Like all upgrades, there is currently several rough edge which we need to polish.

Expect disruption as we bring the forum offline to do some fixes.

4. Some known issues:

- Slow response. High System CPU (Working with Forum Software Developer for a fix)

- Chat

- Search box is messy,

- Some missing spaces here and there.

5.  If you encounter display issues, please Clear your Browser Cache and check that you are using and up to date Browser. Please report bugs in this thread.

6. Our apology for the Forum Downtime due to the upgrade.

Enjoy !

Hendry Tan

Admin cum Moderator

Hi, so where to see the notifications for those topics that i followed? Apparently  is missing as in the past is found at the top right hand corner. Thanks 

• Bern featured this topic

Coming along and looking good. The software allow for a night (dark) mode? heheheh

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Guest Embrace New
4 hours ago, Larry said:

Waste of space on the right hand side.

Auntie.  I find very clean, zen and airy.  I like.  Must embrace change you know. Cannot live in old times.

@HendryTan and Team

Well done. It's a vibrant renewal. I hope to join all of the heroes to serve the community. PM me. 

Thank you to renovate this home.

It's important to review the direction and mission of this website to ensure its sustainability and relevancy to the individual, community and cultural vibrancy. That's the lesson I learnt from Nokia : a contended organization will stop to lost its competition edge if the people stop to search for the positive growing power perpetuating over time to bring about the quality of life and new height of its contribution possible to the world. 

Have all the wonderful moments, always. 

Regards

GKS 

Edited by GKS

Guest Meanly Preacher

Thank you guys so much for all of the hard work that went into the changes. I am especially happy that quoted posts are now condensed to seven lines (or the equivalent if a photo is quoted). Now we no longer have to scroll down past the same long posts, or sometimes full stories, being quoted by people who refuse to shorten them. Awesome.

23 hours ago, HendryTan said:

1. Status of Bug Fixes for the Forum Software Upgrade 2020.

a. With Bern and myself working over the weekend, we have already FIXED majority of the known bugs due to the upgrade.

b. The most critical bug which caused the forum to slow down was fixed early this morning.

We checked and believe the forum "Page Response Time" is similar to before the upgrade (ie acceptable).

2. There is still some "Batch Job" updating some old-data due to the migration.

We are awaiting assistance from the forum software vendor and this will likely take several days to close this issue.

This issue should NOT affect most of our members/guest.

3. If you find layout issue, please
Clear Browser Cache and try to update your browser to the latest version

4. Post any issues in this topic.

Cheers !

Hendry Tan

Admin cum Moderator

Many thanks to Hendry and his team, for fixing the bugs.  I am now generally able to seamlessly access all the functions/features that I used to access previously before the upgrade.  Hope the other guys here are able to as well.

Cheers!!

Maybe its just me but I miss the old layout where the EDIT button option is now hidden a way on the top right 3 dots click link.

heh I super fast type and being dyslexic, I tend to re-edit a lot. And I made too many more mistakes as it takes me not to EDIT mode but QUOTATION which at times I did not notice and end up correcting my text in quotation, click send and found it was a new reply instead. heheh..

** And I did it again when I try to edit this one.

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

On 9/16/2020 at 12:22 PM, upshot said:

Maybe its just me but I miss the old layout where the EDIT button option is now hidden a way on the top right 3 dots click link.

heh I super fast type and being dyslexic, I tend to re-edit a lot. And I made too many more mistakes as it takes me not to EDIT mode but QUOTATION which at times I did not notice and end up correcting my text in quotation, click send and found it was a new reply instead. heheh..

** And I did it again when I try to edit this one.

I really like the change of making the Edit option one in the pull-down menu.  I used to mistakenly press the Quote button instead of the Edit when they were side by side.

I also don't hesitate editing a lot.  Not to correct mistakes, but to enhance the post.  When I read it over, I find ways to express better what I want to say.  Is this worth the effort?  YES,  I think.  Self correction is a way to constantly improve one's writing style.  

1. This topic is for dissemination of information about our Forum 2020 Software Upgrade

2. To ALL THE PEOPLE who wants to express your issues, this is NOT the topic to do so !

Please do NOT get out of topic.

3. To the member who persistently went out of topic here, I have DELETED your posts 3 times.

The forth time you choose to go out of topic again, we will take necessary admin action to moderate your posts.

Hendry Tan

Admin cum Moderator

1. I just got another post here that is out of topic which I deleted.

2. If there is nothing useful for this topic to continue discussion, I am considering closing this topic.

Hendry Tan

Admin cum Moderator.

PS: Sorry, I am thick skin. Pressure Tactics don't work on me.

• 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.