Male HQ

Are the prices for massage services overly charged?

Notti

Hey, people!

Based on the Massage & Grooming Services forum, what do you think about the prices for massage services? 

Lately, I notice that there is a trend in price increase despite the economic downturn. For just an hour of massage which can go as high as $100 were mostly coming from the younger massuers whom I have patronized.

What say you?

Guest Ayuverdic
1 hour ago, cutejack said:

It is. This is why i postpone my massage session till causeway is open to go over or the reasonable ones are ayurvedic massage which is cheaper n worth it. 

Ayuverdic is the one they rub alot of oil on your body? Last time wanted to try. Esp the one with oil dripping on forehead. But later afraid of erection. They will be a doctor or consultant kind of before starting of the oil rubbing. Very famous at little india. Need appointment. 

Is a demand and supply question,  if u know someone charge $100 for an hour and u still go, what more can we say?

Yes there are more retrenchment going on but economic downturn in SG? Can't really tell, restaraunts are still full on weekends, prices for a lot of things remain the same, people are rushing in to buy car and condo.

I would say a reasonable range for an hour would be $50 to $70, definitely not more than $80.

JB won't be open up until next year so for those who need their weekly fix, definitely have to find other alternatives. 

8 minutes ago, Guest Ayuverdic said:

Ayuverdic is the one they rub alot of oil on your body? Last time wanted to try. Esp the one with oil dripping on forehead. But later afraid of erection. They will be a doctor or consultant kind of before starting of the oil rubbing. Very famous at little india. Need appointment. 

Umm.... Unless u got a fetish for oil ha..... Yes is very oily,  after treatment u wash 2 times still can feel the oiliness.

1 hour ago, Notti said:

Hey, people!

Based on the Massage & Grooming Services forum, what do you think about the prices for massage services? 

Lately, I notice that there is a trend in price increase despite the economic downturn. For just an hour of massage which can go as high as $100 were mostly coming from the younger massuers whom I have patronized.

What say you?

$100?  You should insist that the price should nclude "extra services".  Otherwise very expensive leh.

3 hours ago, Notti said:

Hey, people!

What say you?

Young?

1 hour ago, lonelyglobe said:

Is a demand and supply question,  if u know someone charge $100 for an hour and u still go, what more can we say?

Yes there are more retrenchment going on but economic downturn in SG? Can't really tell, restaraunts are still full on weekends, prices for a lot of things remain the same, people are rushing in to buy car and condo.

I would say a reasonable range for an hour would be $50 to $70, definitely not more than $80.

JB won't be open up until next year so for those who need their weekly fix, definitely have to find other alternatives. 

The level of materialistic and physical pleasures is going downhill from now on.  Yet the expectations are still there.  Time for career counseling for those aspiring to supplement their incomes through turning tricks.

Johor Bahru prostitutes head to Singapore to turn trickd whereas those people above go to Johor Bahru to look for means to come to Singapore to turn tricks.

6 hours ago, Notti said:

Hey, people!

What say you?

I guess the younger ones need to supplement their income or maybe they lost their job.  The older masseurs' could be cheaper.

Don't read and response to guests' post

2 hours ago, fab said:

Thailand and msia only charge about 20sgd per hour.

Yes,  likewise 5 bottle vitagen cost rm4.50 compare to S$3, magnum cost rm4.50 compare to S$4.50, gardenia bread is rm2.50 compare to S$2.50. So a massage cost 20SGD is comparable to one that cost $60 in SG.

Edited by lonelyglobe

It's is true that you can probably get two massages in JB for the price of one massage in Singapore but from my experience the cheap rates do come with drawback including no showering facilities, unclean towels, uncomfortable massage table, less than ideal ambiance, cheap massage oils and likely unqualified or uncertified masseurs. The better massage experiences would be at the better spas like Thai Odyssey but for these you have to pay similar prices you pay to Singapore home based massage providers. And as for gay massage establishments you should know very well that those young boys have very poor massage skills as they are more catered to provide extra services and while the establishments make an effort to make it as spa like as possible, it is nowhere near that of Thai Odyssey. That being said also take into consideration your time spent waiting in queue at the causeway and immigration going in and out. 

The masseurs there come and go and it would be a task looking for a regular masseur. Getting a good masseur is similar to that of looking for a good hair stylist. Once you find a good one that is able to provide for exactly what you need, it is likely that you will always want to look for the same one and not change about. Massage is a very personal and intimate experience, a regular masseur will not only learn how to work with your anatomy but will be able to build on the techniques that best suit you.

While I would consider pricing and location when looking for a massage, the other factors like cleanliness, comfort , ambiance, facilities and product use like aromatherapy oils are equally important. Having a massage is all about the experience, alot needs to be achieved by the masseur within that short one or two hours. A masseur gets more skill and confidence with years of practice so sometimes an experienced hand is more important than the age of the masseur. So it's not a matter of whether a masseur is young or old but how experienced is he. 

Some masseurs have invested in their training and certification. Some maybe need to rent a place specifically to operate and rental in Singapore don't come cheap. Electric and water bills contribute to cost. Some may need to send the towels to laundromat etc. So if you are having a massage from a home base masseur these might be some of the expenses they might have to account for. Massage in Singapore is indeed more expensive than JB but it's a different country and expenses here are different too so it's not a fair comparison.