Male HQ

$100 tourism voucher for Sporean

lonelyglobe

Staycay lol

You’re not alone. If you’d like to speak to someone, help is available at the following centres:

Samaritans of Singapore (SOS) 24-hour Hotline: 1800 221 4444 or pat@sos.org.sg.
Institute of Mental Health’s 24-hour Hotline: 6389 2222
Care Corner Counselling Centre (English and Mandarin): 6353 1180
Singapore Association for Mental Health: 1800 283 7019

$100 in vouchers of 10x$10...

wonder if one can use all in a go at any tourist spot with having to fork out any cash?

or

one voucher to be use individually per visit, so must pay balance with cash and need to go visit 10 places...?

10 minutes ago, mith said:

$100 in vouchers of 10x$10...

wonder if one can use all in a go at any tourist spot with having to fork out any cash?

or

one voucher to be use individually per visit, so must pay balance with cash and need to go visit 10 places...?

The $10 vouchers can be spread out across separate visits, or used up at once on a staycation package, for example.

Sometimes, I really just have to love what the COVID-19 did for all of us.

Now that times are so bad, even the hotels start celebrating LGBT pride openly to win our Pink dollar. https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/singapore/love-drowns-out-the-hate-after-singapore-hotel-features-gay-couple/ar-BB195fNO?ocid=msedgdhp

But when times are good, even the innocent can be accused of harboring drugs. https://coconuts.co/singapore/news/w-singapore-sentosa-sharonia-puruntu-birthday-jailed-tawas-powder/

Guest Try and see
6 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

The $10 vouchers can be spread out across separate visits, or used up at once on a staycation package, for example.

Thanks!

So can two or more persons combine their vouchers for the staycation, or do they only accept the vouchers from the person who booked the hotel?

If can combine, maybe my parents and I can combine all our vouchers together and stay at Sentosa  😛

13 minutes ago, Guest Try and see said:

Thanks!

So can two or more persons combine their vouchers for the staycation, or do they only accept the vouchers from the person who booked the hotel?

If can combine, maybe my parents and I can combine all our vouchers together and stay at Sentosa  😛

Have to wait for more info to be released,  if can combine then at least can stay for 3 day 2 nights 😀

Guest Try and see
29 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

Have to wait for more info to be released,  if can combine then at least can stay for 3 day 2 nights 😀

Thanks!

Yeah, man. That would be good!  

21 minutes ago, Kimochi said:

How can economic grow? Everyone in Singapore transfer money to every ones other account in Singapore... 

Anybody can enlighten?? 

Is more of giving business to the hotel and attractions as well as related F & B sector and don't forget all the animals in the zoo, birds in bird park, marine creatures in sentosa still need to be fed....

Edited by lonelyglobe

7 hours ago, Kimochi said:

How can economic grow? Everyone in Singapore transfer money to every ones other account in Singapore... 

Anybody can enlighten?? 

Better than FTs who transfer money out of Singapore right?

2 hours ago, Guest Practicality said:

I prefer cash.

Cannot,  then everyone will keep and go JB or BKK to spend.... 

2 hours ago, Guest details said:

up to June 2021 means no travel to overseas until June 2021???

Not necessary, going oversea and going local attractions do not have a direct relationship.

1 hour ago, Steve5380 said:

Do S$100 go very far in expensive Singapore?

Not at all,  one universal ticket already set u back by $70.

Guest Spend money

For goodness sake, spend some money generate the economy and save jobs for the locals while FTs can go fxxx spiders. Only when the locals jobs are saved, we will use less reserves and taxpayers money to save the locals. Helping other countries pax will not help ourselves eventually! 

35 minutes ago, Guest Spend money said:

For goodness sake, spend some money generate the economy and save jobs for the locals while FTs can go fxxx spiders. Only when the locals jobs are saved, we will use less reserves and taxpayers money to save the locals. Helping other countries pax will not help ourselves eventually! 

Brother ... give me a single good indication that the business owners will not continue to save the jobs for the FTs while fxxxing us locals? They have been doing that for decades now. So what changed? Go ahead and say that I am negative. But FACTS are still FACTS! 

S...o     w...h...a...t     c...h...a....n...g...e...d   ???

Guest Good idea?

Oogaohaga should organise a local tourist attraction grouping, bus chattered for the lonesome, outcasted, unwanted gay guys, on around the trip in Singapore and give them the chance to leave their comfort closet and go out to meet other gay guy with this $100 voucher.  Who knows, end of the trip, many new couples wiill be borned.

23 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

$100 can only book hotel 81, I realised the hotel rate did not actually go down much as compare to the Sars period,  what they do now is throw in more things like lunch, afternoon tea etc. And with this $100, would they actually increase the rates remain to be seen.  

I agreed with you they did not throw like sar period. I still remember my ex every weekend we staycation those 5 star hotel. Infact they should do the same as Sar period of time. As for covid 19 is worse than sar.

2 hours ago, mate69 said:

The list only refers to the attractions that are opened in phase 2. Does that necessary means that the vouchers can be used on them? 

I think this is a good time to go check out what the current rates of those hotels and attractions. And then we can compile a list to call out each and everyone of them when they try to profiteer by hiking up their rates when these vouchers gets issued. 

Why is govt enriching the wallets of companies again and again? If the $93billion is distributed to 3.5million true blue singaporeans, each of us will get $26000plus each. If its distributed to the poor instead of the rich, its over $70k each! Problem solve! So simple!

26 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Why is govt enriching the wallets of companies again and again? If the $93billion is distributed to 3.5million true blue singaporeans, each of us will get $26000plus each. If its distributed to the poor instead of the rich, its over $70k each! Problem solve! So simple!

Good idea for raising inflation and poor got rewarded

49 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

If only you know who are the majority of those shareholders. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

The list only refers to the attractions that are opened in phase 2. Does that necessary means that the vouchers can be used on them? 

I think this is a good time to go check out what the current rates of those hotels and attractions. And then we can compile a list to call out each and everyone of them when they try to profiteer by hiking up their rates when these vouchers gets issued. 

By December I think most attractions and hotel that are not open yet would be open up by then.

Hotel rates are just like air tickets,  it fluctuates base on demand,  so it would be difficult to justify what the increase was due to. 

Guest Urber Then?
1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Ya lo,  they sure hike the rate.  Just like skill future credit, many unscrupulous service providers cheated on the government funding and started to set-up various $2 companies to teach nonsensical courses.  We all were cheated of our funds.  This $100 voucher, though not a lot, should be spend with care and cautious. 

On 9/16/2020 at 10:54 PM, lonelyglobe said:

Is more of giving business to the hotel and attractions as well as related F & B sector and don't forget all the animals in the zoo, birds in bird park, marine creatures in sentosa still need to be fed....

Whenever there is an economic crisis, we are encouraged to spend more money to boost the economic. When the business pickup, other will follow such as employment & other trades. 

So Singaporean who can afford, pls spend more. 

Guest wrong maths
21 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Something is totally wrong with the maths here.

If the entitled people, who are only Singaporeans already, receive 100 per pax how can you derive at 26,000 per Singaporean?

As to my knowledge the entitled Singaporeans are between the age of 18 to ?

My point is: if it had been a payout in cash, the amount would not be more than the 100 voucher. It would be the same 100 dollar per Singaporean adult above 18y. In real it would be less if it goes to all Singaporeans because you would add the new born up to the oldest Singaporean.

Please do not get mislead by people faking up numbers here to make a point. It just doesn't add up.

Second point: How to define who is poor? Where do you draw the line?

----------------------------

Published Aug 17, 2020

SINGAPORE - Singaporeans will be given $320 million in "tourism credits" to spend domestically as part of a campaign to prop up local businesses, Deputy Prime Minister Heng Swee Keat announced on Monday (Aug 17).

CNA: 18 Sep 2020

The Singapore Tourism Board (STB) announced on Wednesday (Sep 16) that every Singaporean aged 18 and above in 2020 will receive S$100 worth of SingapoRediscovers vouchers, which can be used on staycations, attraction tickets and tours. 

They can be used between December this year and the end of June next year, and more details on the redemption mechanism will be announced in November. 

Guest wrong maths

If you want to critisise the scheme than you should do and ask

Why does it take 4 months to get the details out and then there is a run from the people for booking their travel related spending to make use of the voucher?

This does not seem very foresighted to me.

And is is a scheme to mainly support government linked attractions (Bird Park, Zoo, etc???)

Why do you need to make a list, where you can redeem your voucher?

The third point of critic is: Why did you not include children?

If you book a staycation you need to pay extra bed charges for kids from a certain age onward and and and...

If the whole family goes on a trip (just take the price of the entry tickets to attractions...) people will need to fork out money for their kids.

To me this is one of the same issues as plenty of government programs here:

The four people family father in the end needs to fork out more dollars to get something for his family and make use of the scheme...

It is meant to make people spend more than what they can redeem from the program.

Someone need to help feed the birds,  the animals and all those marine creatures which I believe is not cheap to maintain them.....kids do get a special discounted rates but not sure if the adult can pay with their voucher. As for hotels,  they can drop their price to boost occupancy. 

One sector that is worst hit by covid and not covered in this scheme is travel agency, especially those outbound ones. They should have allow people to use the $100 to book for air tickets on SIA, in that case,  money is still retained by local companies. 

Guest wrong maths
20 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

Someone need to help feed the birds,  the animals and all those marine creatures which I believe is not cheap to maintain them.....kids do get a special discounted rates but not sure if the adult can pay with their voucher. As for hotels,  they can drop their price to boost occupancy. 

One sector that is worst hit by covid and not covered in this scheme is travel agency, especially those outbound ones. They should have allow people to use the $100 to book for air tickets on SIA, in that case,  money is still retained by local companies. 

Sure but isn't it in the government hands to reduce the burden for such zoos and bird parks and reduce rentals (for a certain period of time)?

Then the attractions would have monies to cover the other expenses.

Plenty of schemes are in advantage of government spending (meaning having assisted government and authorities and boards).

Just look at the unfair distribution of rental reductions.

At Government facilities the highest reductions has been implemented.

Those in the private offices/ operators had just received the lowest reduction and the lowest amount of months.

In the end, a government board , for example like IPOS (Intellectual Property Office of Singapore) received a higher amount of rental reduction than the private businesses situated opposite the road. If they had been operating in a government connected office location, even the best financial support.

Is that fair? What was the rationale?

ha ha.

If you look at plenty of the schemes, the private companies had been the least assisted to bridge the issues caused by Covid-19.

The covid-19 support from Singapore did not receive good marks with the international rankings.

On 9/18/2020 at 2:48 PM, mate69 said:

100 is too little to stimulate the economy, given how big the hit from Covid is

I think no need to give out this $100 voucher to stimulate the economy also can, cause outside now everywhere is so crowded. Situation already like resume back to pre-covid. Just now i went to changi airport jewel, so many people and so crowded! 

It is natural that every country should look after own citizens.

Having said that its hard on PRs. I know a PR who did the most work , quantity and quality, in her team apart from Team Leader. For 10 years. When the vouchers news said only citizens are included, she told me the pandemic helped reveal inequalities. Interestingly, she just applied to volunteer for an NGO during her annual leave.

• HendryTan changed the title to $100 tourism voucher for Sporean
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.