Male HQ

Clinical-based Sports Massage Therapy & Rehab Training @Clark Quay

Hey, Just wanted to share my experience with StockFit - Sports Massage. 

I hv used his massage when he was doing outcalls. 

Am happy that he has found a place to do incall which makes it easier to secure appointments. 

He is a stocky fit daddy. He is pretty new to Sports Massage which he admitted but his knowledge of how the human body functions is top notch. 

I used to have constant lower back pain after studying for long period. But i always felt much better after his massage and that he would spent sometime to advise u on the exercises u can do to improve the conditions. 

His massage skills sure hv rooms for improvements but his genuine nature to want to help you get better is real. 

Oh he is also a personal trainer too. 

A number of my straight friends has used his service and they hv been giving him pretty good feedback.

On 9/20/2020 at 10:32 PM, sktopster said:

Hey, Just wanted to share my experience with StockFit - Sports Massage. 

I hv used his massage when he was doing outcalls. 

Am happy that he has found a place to do incall which makes it easier to secure appointments. 

He is a stocky fit daddy. He is pretty new to Sports Massage which he admitted but his knowledge of how the human body functions is top notch. 

I used to have constant lower back pain after studying for long period. But i always felt much better after his massage and that he would spent sometime to advise u on the exercises u can do to improve the conditions. 

His massage skills sure hv rooms for improvements but his genuine nature to want to help you get better is real. 

Oh he is also a personal trainer too. 

A number of my straight friends has used his service and they hv been giving him pretty good feedback.

Thank you @sktopster for your kind feedback.

Rehab Trainer & Sports Massage Therapist
49 173 90 Local Chinese. Whatsapp For Appt: 85338783

Post have been edited for change of locations and services offerings....

Thank you.

Edited by StockFit-SportsMassage
Latest Rates and Promo at the latest post. Thank you.

4 hours ago, gstringuy26 said:

Wa...who want to put a deposit they don't even know you in the first place! 😒

Hi,

The initial promo was without the need for a deposit.

The deposit is needed to screen off those who booked for the sake of booking but have no intention to try my service. This disrupts my operations and also prevents others from booking that slot(s) that were taken.

And I have stated clearly the refund policies. If you stay within the policies, which is very reasonable, I would definitely honour what I have set forth and refund the deposit. And also my reputation in this industry is definitely worth more than a mere $20 deposit.

If I am fraudulent on this $20, I am pretty sure, the MODs in BW after a thorough investigation will shut me down quickly or even report me to the police.

Anyway, this is a willing buyer and willing seller arrangement.

Thank you.

Hi to all BW-er!

It has been almost 2 weeks since I started my operations as a Sports Massage Therapist. I am truly appreciative of the feedback both good and critical whereby I can improve as a therapist.

And from some of the feedback gathered... I realised that there might be some misconception on what exactly is Sports Massage. So I like to take this weekend post to share some of facts that you should know about Sports Massage.

So what exactly is Sports Massage Therapy (SMT)?
It is an effective treatment for muscle soreness and/or sports injuries as compared to other massage therapy. SMT is different because it is usually done with a specific outcome. The following are some things that you should know about SMT;

Fact 1 - SMT is for everyone
Many assume that it is only for professional athletes or those who gym regularly or play intense sports. SMT is for everyone. it helps to alleviate tension and stress that accumulates in your body and soft tissues during those physical activity. However, these activities can be anything from standing or sitting more than 8 hours a day, leisure jogging, even walking long distances. SMT helps will remove the fatigue, reduce muscle tension, promote flexibility and mobility. It can also help prevent those trivial injuries (stiff necks, frozen shoulder, chronic lower back pain) that get in the way of your daily living.

Fact 2 - It is usually for pain management / treatment for recurring/chronic conditions
The biggest difference between SMT and spa massages is why it is performed. Spa massages aims mainly for relaxation and stress relief. However, SMT is usually is done as a treatment with a specific goal - often pain relief and restoration of your normal range of motion.

Fact 3 - SMT is not the only modality we use
During a SMT session with me, we may use different techniques like myofascial release, trigger point therapy coupled with mobility drills and movement training.

Fact 4 - It is not just massage and bye
A typical SMT session will include a consultation, follow by Posture & Movement Assessment, then Massage and if necessary include mobility drills, movement training.

Fact 5 - It can be done even if you don't have any injury or chronic condition
As mentioned earlier SMT is for everyone and you can enjoy it even if you don't have any chronic conditions or injury. SMT can be an preventive measure for you to stay away from all those trivia injuries or developing any chronic conditions. However, please don't expect the strokes applied to be well-coordinated, smooth and flowy like those spa and relaxing massages. It is because the therapist objectives are seeking out muscle tightness or imbalances rather than giving you a relaxing and de-stressing session.

So if you have any chronic or recurring conditions such as lower back pain, stiff neck, frozen shoulder, tennis elbow or etc and is affecting your daily activities or irritating you, or even for a preventive massage, pls feel free to DM me for a session.

Cheers!

NOTE: Stay tuned for the next few days as I will be sharing my new rates soon based on feedback given.

Here are some FAQs that I have compiled based on the questions I received so far...

Q1, Are you full time doing Sports Massage?

Answer: I am doing this part time. currently working full time in a physio clinic as a functional rehab trainer.

Q2. Why must we book in advance (at least 1 day)?
Answer: This is for me to better plan my days and schedule.

Q3. Do you accept last min booking or on the day booking?

Answer: 95% chances my reply to you would be a "Not Available". BUT If I can accommodate it, I will. Otherwise, I am sorry.

Q4a. Why do we have to book thru the system? Why can’t we book directly with you via LINE/Tele?

Answer: For now, all booking will be via the whatsapp stated in my signature below.

Q4b. When will I know the exact address?
Answer: Full Address will be given to you once your booking is confirmed and accepted. It is abt 5-10mins walk from MRT.

Q4c. Which is the nearest MRT? And what about parking if I am driving there?
Answer: Nearest MRT will be Clark Quay 5mins walk, or Raffles Place 10mins walk. There are various parking options available in the surrounding.

Q5. I am discreet, can I don’t book via whatsapp?

Answer: What I am offering is a professional service. It is regardless of where you got my contact from. My services are open to my non-AJ friends' friends too. So you don't have to worry.

Q6. How many appointments would you take in a day?
Answer: My Ops hours are stated in the recent post and you can see that it is very limited.

Q7a. What are you wearing during massage?
Answer: Seriously, I don't know how this has got to do with my massage?

Q7b. Do I need to be completely nude during massage?
Answer: No you don't have to. In shorts will be good.

Q8. Can I see your face pic prior to booking?
Answer: No. Much as I don’t ask you for your face pic before I accept your booking.

Q9. Do you provide extras?
Answer: Any sexual connotations questions will be block immediately.

Edited by StockFit-SportsMassage
Changes to FAQ to my latest offerings.

One of those text that I get really excited about when I received it. 😘

Charles came to me with a chronic issue of stiff neck. Upon his posture and lifestyle assessment, found out that both his traps were overly tight (aka activated), his posterior (L-R) functional line muscles were also overly active as compared to the other R-L side. Wanted to take his before & after photos, but he was not comfortable so I left it as it is.

So I did STR (soft tissue release) to both his Traps and Levator Scap and was able to see improvement to the degree that he can turn his head. I continue the therapy with SMT to the posterior (L-R) functional line muscles and to his deep back arm line as well and see the even better rotation of his head.

Taught him the correct position on where his laptop/desktop screen should be according to his height and his standing posture.

Seriously happy to see such message from a client.  Happy days! 😁

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-24 at 10.39.34 AM.jpeg

Just like to share another successful story...

Kelvin came to me with symptoms of tendonitis (pain in both elbows) especially when he is training in the gym. After doing some questions to see where/when/how he will usually have the pain, I concluded that the pain he feels should be caused by his muscle tightness from his traps all the way to his arms (seeing it with functional arm-lines).

So apply SMT (Sports Massage Therapy) along on his functional arms-lines and below is his feedback.

So if you are experience a chronic conditions (stiff neck, frozen shoulder, knee pain, or limited range of movement) and need some help, please feel free to reach out to me and I will do my best to assist you to improve your conditions.

whatsapp image 2020-10-31 at 7.22.09 pm.jpg

Hi Jon thanks again for the awesome massage and great friendly service.

I had to postpone the massage to a few hours later due to work commitments but you were so patient and understanding, very appreciative of that!

It was not excruciatingly painful but hit the right spots and the right pressure. Defo some parts I had not known was an issue before like the area connecting my waist to my thigh, or even my pelvis.

Was entirely enjoyable and if anyone does tuina then this is a nice alternative I think, without the pain but with the benefits, or so I perceive it to be.

13 hours ago, brianyix said:

Hi Jon thanks again for the awesome massage and great friendly service.

I had to postpone the massage to a few hours later due to work commitments but you were so patient and understanding, very appreciative of that!

It was not excruciatingly painful but hit the right spots and the right pressure. Defo some parts I had not known was an issue before like the area connecting my waist to my thigh, or even my pelvis.

Was entirely enjoyable and if anyone does tuina then this is a nice alternative I think, without the pain but with the benefits, or so I perceive it to be.

Thanks @brianyix for ur review. Appreciate it much! 🙏

Look forward to see u again soon! 

• 3 weeks later...

Had 4 massage sessions with Jon in Nov after purchasing the promo package. My back had been locking up for a while,  and so I took a chance with him,  and it was a really good investment. 

He is methodical,  thorough,  and rhythmic in his approach to massage.  Unlike some masseuse that I have encountered,  excruciating pain inflicted is not on his list of markers for "massage done right". Instead,  he goes with his feel of your muscles,  and he understands that relaxation is not instantaneous,  so excessive rubbing is not required to achieve the desired results. 

Would I recommend him?  Heck yes.  Thanks Jon,  will look you up again should I need to be worked on.  Keep up the good work! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2020 at 11:34 AM, StockFit-SportsMassage said:

Here are some FAQs that I have compiled based on the questions I received so far...

Q1, Are you full time doing Sports Massage?

Answer: I am a freelance Personal Trainer, Group Fitness Instructor and Sports Massage Therapist. So my available time for doing sports massage are limited because of my commitments to my clients as a PT and Group Fitness Instructor.

Q2. Why must we book in advance (at least 1 day)?
Answer: This is for me to better plan my days and schedule.

Q3. Do you accept last min booking or on the day booking?

Answer: 90% chances my reply to you would be a "Not Available". BUT If I can accommodate it, I will. Otherwise, I am sorry will and ask you to check my availability to book it.

Q4a. Why do we have to book thru the system? Why can’t we book directly with you via LINE/Tele?

Answer: Booking thru the system makes it easy for everyone. We don’t have to “ping-pong” to and fro on when I am available and when is good for you. You will see my availability directly from the system. This is to minimize confusion or the possibility of me forgetting to put in your appointment into the system and then later double-book myself which end up having 2 unhappy clients. Let’s make use of technology to make everyone’s life easier.

Q4b. I got the confirmation of my booking but there is no address given? When will I know the exact address?
Answer: The full address will be given to you via the reminder email(s). 1 set at 80hrs prior your appointment and the 2nd reminder is set at 24hrs prior. So please ensure that you have key in the the correct email address. As mentioned in the topic of the thread, my generic location is in Purvis Street, near to Raffles Hotel, National Library and Bras Basah Complex.

Q4c. Which is the nearest MRT? And what about parking if I am driving there?
Answer: Nearest MRTs would either be Bugis or Esplanade. Esplanade would have a slightly shorter walking distance. Parking either along Purvis Street (which is generally quite busy most days), National Library or Beach Centre. Please google to find out their carpark rates.  

Q5. I am discreet, can I don’t book via the system?

Answer: I too am discreet. We all have some hidden side of us that we don’t want many people to know. I respect your privacy and that is why your contact details are never shared with anyone or to 3rd parties. But if you are coming for the true essence of Sports Massage, what is there to be discreet about? unless you don't want others to know you have some sort of injury? OR unless you have other motives or intentions for the massage?

Q6. How many appointments would you take in a day?
Answer: Based on the last weeks of operations, my optimum capacity would be 4 appointments for weekdays. It would be lesser if that day alone I have PT sessions and/or group fitness classes to conduct. Sat is at 6 appointments. Sun is my rest day.

Q7a. What are you wearing during massage?
Answer: Seriously, I don't know how this has got to do with my massage? Anyway, wearing a tank-top and shorts.

Q7b. Do I need to be completely nude during massage?
Answer: You don't have to be completely nude, however, as I am using oil for the massage (and quite liberal about it) so if you don't want your underwear to be stain, it is highly recommended that you remove your underwear be either nude or you can wear the disposable brief that I provide.

Q8. Can I see your face pic prior to booking?
Answer: No. Much as I don’t ask you for your face pic before I accept your booking. And what does how I look like got to do with sports massage?

Q9. Do you provide extras?
Answer: I provide oil for massage, shower facilities with shower/shampoo gel and disposable underwear if you need it. In time to come would also include a cup of tea after massage. Other than that… I am afraid I don’t have any other extras to provide.

Hey everyone in BW!

I hope all of you have a great time celebrating the arrival of the New Year and settling into the new work year. Some of you may have gone back to office to work and some are still WFH. But nonetheless, we are all anticipating for a better year. 

I am posting my FAQs again and added/amended some points based on the questions that I received recently.

Till then, hope everyone has a great year ahead!

• StockFit-SportsMassage changed the title to Sports Massage Therapy @ Purvis St / Personal Training Services
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • StockFit-SportsMassage changed the title to Sports Massage Therapy @ Tampines (in Physio Clinic Settings)
21 hours ago, gc0805 said:

Hi there,

May I enquire if this is an accredited physio clinic?

I am asking because my insurance will reimburse me if the clinic is accredited.

Thanks.

Hey, I replied you via DM.

Thanks!

• G_M changed the title to Clinical-based Sports Massage Therapy & Rehab Training @Tanjong Pagar
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just wanted to share a recent therapy session with Jonathan.

I arranged to see Jonathan having recently started working out regularly, and found my lower back and chest starting to get stiff. He managed to identify and loosen the tight muscles in my lower back and chest, and also those in my shoulder. He taught me a few exercises to strengthen my core and back (to prevent lower back pain and improve posture). Really appreciate Jonathan's background in PT and understanding of muscle anatomy, as he also provided advice to improve my pelvic posture and how I can better go about weight training.

Great session overall, and would recommend for those facing issues with their exercise or sport routines.

Thanks, Jonathan!

On 2/17/2022 at 9:54 PM, blackswan said:

Just wanted to share a recent therapy session with Jonathan.

I arranged to see Jonathan having recently started working out regularly, and found my lower back and chest starting to get stiff. He managed to identify and loosen the tight muscles in my lower back and chest, and also those in my shoulder. He taught me a few exercises to strengthen my core and back (to prevent lower back pain and improve posture). Really appreciate Jonathan's background in PT and understanding of muscle anatomy, as he also provided advice to improve my pelvic posture and how I can better go about weight training.

Great session overall, and would recommend for those facing issues with their exercise or sport routines.

Thanks, Jonathan!

Thank you @blackswanfor the review. FYI, for those reading he came to the clinic where I work-full time to get the massage. 

If you are open to this arrangement, it can be done, but do note the operating hours are office hours with the last appt at 6pm (latest). 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2022 at 2:43 PM, Underwearless said:

Just visited Jonathan for a Sports Massage and the results was good.

I appreciated the fact that he was able to pinpoint my issues, sort of the tensed muscles and provide guidance on the follow up actions for maintenance…

Thank you!

Thanks for your review. Appreciate it!

• 3 months later...

Hey all,

Sorry for the silence and non-reply to enquiry on my sports massage service.

i am glad to share that I m now available for booking ur sports massage for any pain/injury management. 

Location: Clark Quay area. Less than 5mins walk from Clark Quay MRT. Do note that It is a shared PT gym/fitness studio where they have an area with massage bed. Privacy is curtains. Have shower facilities. But I used ointment for massage, so showers after massage may not be necessary. 

Available Time: Mainly weekdays evenings 7pm onwards. Sorry NOT available on weekends.

Rates: $90/60mins. $110/90mins. 

To book, please whatsapp me.

Thanks 🙏 

• G_M changed the title to Clinical-based Sports Massage Therapy & Rehab Training @Clark Quay
  • 4 weeks later...

Do you have a chronic stiffness/pain in your neck, shoulders, lower back or any part of your body that doesn’t seems to go away or that it keeps coming back shortly after you get a massage?

OR

You are an avid fitness enthusiast and somehow most spa massages just doesn’t seems to address the constant tightness you feel when you are exercising or the restrictions you feel when executing some exercises/movements.

Then Clinical Sports Massage will be what you may need to remove the pain or tightness you feel. As during the session, you will be assess for your posture/movement. This is because compensated posture or movements is very likely the root cause of your condition. Thus during the session, not only are you getting the massage but you will be also be guided to do the corrective exercises/stretches. So technically speaking you don’t just get a massage therapist but you also have the service of a personal rehab trainer.

Pls feel free to reach out if you are facing any stiffness or pain because we don’t have to live with pain in our life regardless of the age we are in.

Cheers